+ Reply
Page 754 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 254 654 704 744752753754755756 764 804 854 1254 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,080 of 29892

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by evo0o I can't speak for everyone in here but I can safely say that the only theme that has been on my iPhone since Jaku's inception is
    Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evo0o View Post
    I can't speak for everyone in here but I can safely say that the only theme that has been on my iPhone since Jaku's inception is Jaku and I don't intend on downgrading to any other.
    I agree. There's no other theme that looks so clear and it doesn't need a UI

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

And the circle jerk begins. Look, I'm not saying Jaku isn't beautiful. If it weren't I wouldn't have been here making icons for it for the last nine months.
    However, to say anything else is a downgrade is honestly doing those other themes a disservice.
    I've been working on a theme myself for about four months; something I've kept to myself until now, and if it's just another "downgrade", I think I'll keep it to myself frankly.
    A lot of work goes into a theme; ANY theme, and although I do agree that Will has created something truly unique and absolutely stunning to look at, it's also not the only thing out there.
    It's like only listening to one genre of music or eating peanut butter and jelly all the time. You need variety some times.
    I haven't used Jaku on my phone for months. It's there, but I've been using every other theme I can get my hands on to learn, experiment and create my own thing... I could only hope it would be received fractionally as positively as Jaku has, but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case.
    And since I'm sort of the outsider now anyway, I don't think it's important.

I wish you all luck with Jaku. I truly do. I'm going to go work on my downgrade now...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Iphone ie (08-29-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Iphone ie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 665 Posts

Me Today

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iphone ie For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-29-2012), macinmac (08-29-2012)

Thanks

My Jaku

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    My Jaku

Mind telling me how you got that lockscreen?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

When something comes along that inspires me to go beyond making cut & paste icons the way Jaku has, I'll switch. Until then, I don't need variety. I prefer familiarity over variety anyway. We're all different. That's why there are so many themes out there.
    Last edited by bjbinc; 08-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (08-29-2012), macinmac (08-29-2012), radioBirdman (08-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Mind telling me how you got that lockscreen?
    From here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6656554

Lots of cool widgets there by max_pa1n

Thanks

Is there another place where i can download the font?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchme View Post
    Jaku font

available on my https://twitter.com/#!/Sp1keM1ke

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flipnico View Post
    Is there another place where i can download the font?
    I think I added to the Jaku Dropbox a long time ago.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bankai44 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-30-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

C'mon CB.. Three or four posts about sticking to Jaku because it's an awesome piece of work is hardly a circlejerk.
    I have plenty of respect for other (quality) themers but IMO Jaku is better than anything else out there, so I've got no interest in changing up (or down) in any hurry at all.

Good luck with your theme dude. I'm keen to see it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (08-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mejemaka View Post
    My Jaku

Can share your widget to me,

iPhone? More like MyPhone Luiscastro23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiuai-2m View Post
    That's from a paid theme I believe it's called flite

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i try probably all theme. i use part of some with Jaku. Even though they are really nice and fully complete... I come back to just Jaku. I suggest doing a Ui. Dont need it but why not add to it. Let face it.. where to go from here? Jaku 2? or just a ios6 upgrade? this theme is a classic and we shouldnt let it die. more is always better right? ;-)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Matatoto For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-30-2012)

Thanks

I'm still reppin' this theme, and probably will not change winterboard themes in a VERY long time, but I'm open to other themes, don't get me wrong, it's just that Jaku has raised the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Of course, I've been in and out of the hospital for weeks now, so I've been unable to fully satisfy requests that I have had pending for awhile.
    Hope all is good, man.

I truly do. I'm going to go work on my downgrade now...
    If you're working on something big, I'll definitely be taking a look!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-29-2012 at 07:18 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

And the circle jerk begins. Look, I'm not saying Jaku isn't beautiful. If it weren't I wouldn't have been here making icons for it for the last nine months.
    However, to say anything else is a downgrade is honestly doing those other themes a disservice.
    I've been working on a theme myself for about four months; something I've kept to myself until now, and if it's just another "downgrade", I think I'll keep it to myself frankly.
    A lot of work goes into a theme; ANY theme, and although I do agree that Will has created something truly unique and absolutely stunning to look at, it's also not the only thing out there.
    It's like only listening to one genre of music or eating peanut butter and jelly all the time. You need variety some times.
    I haven't used Jaku on my phone for months. It's there, but I've been using every other theme I can get my hands on to learn, experiment and create my own thing... I could only hope it would be received fractionally as positively as Jaku has, but I'm beginning to see that isn't the case.
    And since I'm sort of the outsider now anyway, I don't think it's important.

I wish you all luck with Jaku. I truly do. I'm going to go work on my downgrade now...
    Am I the best artist out there? That's laughable. Am I the best artist even in Cydia? I would actually say that I am not even that. FIF7Y's Boss theme is stunning (to name one). I appreciate those that have showered me with praise, but I am fully aware of my own weaknesses and where my skills are severally lacking.

Sadly, hard work and dedication just don't guarantee a winner. This reminds of a similar discussion back in uni. Our professor put it plainly: you aren't marked on your hard work. Some kids need a solid month to churn out a "B" paper. Refining and refining over dozens of hours; struggling for the majority of that time. Others can come in and fire off an "A" paper in a single night. Now, they get their grades back and talk about their experiences. How raw does Student A feel knowing he spent 30+ hours on his paper to get a lower mark than Student B who did it between MSN'ing his buddies? I exaggerate, but we aren't that far off sometimes.

Naturally having the ability to produce quality designs takes immense practice, but even then, no matter how much someone struggles, they just may never push past their rightful plateau. I'd love to be able to program, but not matter how much I try, I fear I will always find code does not come natural to me. It would be an uphill battle the entire way. That's the complexity of life; nothing is so cut and dry as you work hard and become the best. Sadly, being the best takes hard work, dedication, and a bucket full of natural ability; the latter of which can't be manufactured in any way, shape or form.

I read an article a few weeks ago about a firm that spent 400,000 pounds to produce a game (Whale Trail). They got a 100,000 pound return on their investment. They published a short "documentary" chronicling the "ordeal." At the time, Tiny Wings won out and became a run-a-way hit. But it exemplifies what I said above. They busted their *** making the game, but if you play it (it's freemium now), you'll see it's actually not all that terrific. Are there worse? Absolutely. Are there better? Most certainly. Did they deserve to make millions? That's certainly debatable. Winners and losers aren't chosen by their commitment unfortunately. It's required, and necessary, but it's not the only variable that leads to success.

The point is, everyone has an opinion on the subjective. And when people call the statue of David a masterpiece (it is btw, but there are other fine sculptures to be sure), they aren't saying that other sculptures are pure crap (even if they use the word, "downgrade" as in this case). It's just that they put that particular piece of art at the top of their list. Everyone needs a favorite something. So many shades of grey between the black and the white.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-30-2012), Anonymous (08-29-2012), bankai44 (08-29-2012), bjbinc (08-29-2012), dhodson (08-29-2012), olderChest (08-30-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Matatoto's Avatar
    Thanks

This is my Jaku.Jaku for iOS 5-img_0547.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone Haysann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiuai-2m View Post
    Its called flite springboard widget

Thanks

Me ,,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1346295892.759101.jpg  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toolysenegal View Post
    Can you share the wallpaper?
    Who knows where I can find this wallpaper

Thanks

Me..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1346296148.764237.jpg