Page 709 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699707708709710711 719 759 809 1209 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,180 of 30338

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Photo Album - Imgur

Since they're straight screen rips I hadn't planned on uploading them. I don't like my name attached to C/P icons generally.
    Thank you so much! They look amazing on my home screen

About what you had in mind?
    Very nice, regardless if its a c/p!

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Very nice, regardless if its a c/p!
    Thanks. My custom Jaku template does make pretty nice C/P icons. It's all about the custom texture; it's a very Chaotic Buddhist style of icon.... Bryan, AK and Bankai all seem to have very distinctive styles, and I'm just trying to follow suit. Oh, and iGeriya, who I miss like mad.... Damn, that dude could make some fsking art....

Thanks. My custom Jaku template does make pretty nice C/P icons. It's all about the custom texture; it's a very Chaotic Buddhist style of icon.... Bryan, AK and Bankai all seem to have very distinctive styles, and I'm just trying to follow suit. Oh, and iGeriya, who I miss like mad.... Damn, that dude could make some fsking art....
    I noticed their c/p were different I always thought it was a dark/semi-transparent overlay, at least in Bryan's since his c/p seemed darker.
    _____

On a side note, i jumped on the band wagon and changed my avatar

I noticed their c/p were different I always thought it was a dark/semi-transparent overlay, at least in Bryan's since his c/p seemed darker.
    _____

On a side note, i jumped on the band wagon and changed my avatar
    I like new avatars, but yours looks like it'll come and murder me in my sleep.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aransh View Post
    And?

That's probably the desired effect.

The plan is working... MWAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

And?

That's probably the desired effect.
    Check out my new sig as well.

No seriously check out my new sig.

@CB I just pm'd you.

EDIT: CB: you can disregard my pm

And i thought better of my prank.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks

The plan is working... MWAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

Check out my new sig as well.

No seriously check out my new sig.

@CB I just pm'd you.

EDIT: CB: you can disregard my pm

And i thought better of my prank.
    Oh no. I'm not falling for that.

Oh no. I'm not falling for that.
    Some did a while back.

Ref: Omg, thats an icon from a paid theme. 😱

Lmfao. It's a square. With a picture on it. Not credit card details people are sharing..... Geez. People get some perspective. It's hardly life or death....
    Surely if someone pays for something then they own that and are free to do what they want with it? Otherwise what exactly are u paying for? Is the theme still the property of the author?? I think not.
    I paid for my house and car and clothes and all my DVDs and CDs that I posses. And if I want to show them, lend them or even give them to someone else then I am free to do so because I paid for them.
    There is a difference between people "pirating" a theme and simply sharing some artwork which has reused for a different theme. At the end of the day ALL the artwork has came from somewhere originally (For example the original app authors icon) and I'm sure very few icons have been made 100% from scratch.

My pennies worth. Moving on......

Quote Originally Posted by tinasintunes View Post
    Ref: Omg, thats an icon from a paid theme. 😱

Lmfao. It's a square. With a picture on it. Not credit card details people are sharing..... Geez. People get some perspective. It's hardly life or death....
    Surely if someone pays for something then they own that and are free to do what they want with it? Otherwise what exactly are u paying for? Is the theme still the property of the author?? I think not.
    I paid for my house and car and clothes and all my DVDs and CDs that I posses. And if I want to show them, lend them or even give them to someone else then I am free to do so because I paid for them.
    There is a difference between people "pirating" a theme and simply sharing some artwork which has reused for a different theme. At the end of the day ALL the artwork has came from somewhere originally (For example the original app authors icon) and I'm sure very few icons have been made 100% from scratch.

Lokheed spends a bunch of time on his icons. And it shows. The difference between your example with your house and whatnot and the ripping of icons is different. You gave your friends "permission" to use it, whereas Lokheed did not.

Out of curiousity, did anyone ask for permission for the icons from Dribble?

Screen-ripping for personal use might be considered ok by some, but releasing screen-rips is not something anyone should be doing, whether the icons are from Jaku, any other paid theme or Dribble. In my somewhat humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Out of curiousity, did anyone ask for permission for the icons from Dribble?

Screen-ripping for personal use might be considered ok by some, but releasing screen-rips is not something anyone should be doing, whether the icons are from Jaku, any other paid theme or Dribble. In my somewhat humble opinion.
    I dont have a dribbble accout. But you bring up a valid point.

Lokheed spends a bunch of time on his icons. And it shows. The difference between your example with your house and whatnot and the ripping of icons is different. You gave your friends "permission" to use it, whereas Lokheed did not.
    Yes I know he puts a lot of time and effort into them. Everyone who makes them does. Including the icons that I have seen on the repo which have been from other themes.
    But my point still stands, ur telling me that I am going to pay for a theme then have to ask permission to use something that I have bought for something else? If that was the case then we would ALL be asking a hell of a lot of people for permission for the various walls, widgets, statusbars, docks, icons, UIImages that are used.
    These people that u all jump on when they use artwork from jaku are 99% of the time completely doing it innocently.
    And like I said, there is a big difference from sharing an icon with artwork from another theme and "ripping" a theme.
    I just think it gets blown outta proportion sometimes.
    But nvm, not like my opinion matters. Just riles me when I see people being made to feel that they have done something very wrong when all they have made is a mistake.

Edit: that's my 4 pennies worth now, I know... Lol

Ref: Omg, thats an icon from a paid theme. ��

When you bought Jaku you also bought a document call "ReadMe.pdf"...

No part of this theme may be copied, modified, or redistributed without express written permissions.
    Copyright 2011 William Szilveszter. All rights reserved. Szilveszter Design | Jaku iOS Theme

Thanks

Ref: Omg, thats an icon from a paid theme. ��

Yes, but I can't just come into your house and share whatever I want with whomever I want, and THAT is where your analogy is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    When you bought Jaku you also bought a document call "ReadMe.pdf"...

No part of this theme may be copied, modified, or redistributed without express written permissions.
    Copyright 2011 William Szilveszter. All rights reserved. Szilveszter Design | Jaku iOS Theme
    Right. Kinda like the warnings that come on DVDs saying they must not be shown in public places or jails etc etc?
    I just think people go overboard about it.

Yes I know he puts a lot of time and effort into them. Everyone who makes them does. Including the icons that I have seen on the repo which have been from other themes.
    But my point still stands, ur telling me that I am going to pay for a theme then have to ask permission to use something that I have bought for something else? If that was the case then we would ALL be asking a hell of a lot of people for permission for the various walls, widgets, statusbars, docks, icons, UIImages that are used.
    These people that u all jump on when they use artwork from jaku are 99% of the time completely doing it innocently.
    And like I said, there is a big difference from sharing an icon with artwork from another theme and "ripping" a theme.
    I just think it gets blown outta proportion sometimes.
    But nvm, not like my opinion matters. Just riles me when I see people being made to feel that they have done something very wrong when all they have made is a mistake.

Edit: that's my 4 pennies worth now, I know... Lol
    I think you are over thinking this. When it comes down to it; ripping and sharing end in the same result; the public distribution of something that the public did not pay for.

When you say jumping on them, did it occur to you that they are just reading text on the internet? It is their choice to take it in a condescending tone. It is not like we are there beating them for "ripping" an icon.

Yes, but I can't just come into your house and share whatever I want with whomever I want, and THAT is where your analogy is flawed.
    If u had paid for my house and contents then yes u can.

Thanks

If u had paid for my house and contents then yes u can.
    Okay everyone, watch out. There is a point flying around that was just missed..

Page 709 of 1517 FirstFirst ... 209 609 659 699707708709710711 719 759 809 1209 ... LastLast