+ Reply
Page 584 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 84 484 534 574582583584585586 594 634 684 1084 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 29888

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
CB, How are you doing buddy, I have heard or seen you around a bit. I've also been MIA but I'm back again. I tried to leave jaku for Boss
...
  1. #11661
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    CB,
    How are you doing buddy, I have heard or seen you around a bit. I've also been MIA but I'm back again. I tried to leave jaku for Boss but at the end, I love the simplicity of the theme and I'm never leaving again lol

  2. #11662
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    CB,
    How are you doing buddy, I have heard or seen you around a bit. I've also been MIA but I'm back again. I tried to leave jaku for Boss but at the end, I love the simplicity of the theme and I'm never leaving again lol
    Hey man! I have been wondering what happened to you. Seems like the old, old crew sort of disappeared.
    Things are alright. I seem to find myself at the heart of crap though. I decided to expand my skills so I started designing for ZUI at first. I tried my hand at Ayecon and couldn't get over how unrefined it was, so I tried boss and have actually found some really interesting inspiration in the icon design, and de-branding the theme.
    Of course, drama ensued, I became the chaotic voice of reason and got chewed out by a couple mods so I've been trying to keep to myself and stay out of trouble.
    I'm still working on boss so I don't have screenshots to share here, that's been made abundantly clear. I take the odd Jaku icon request here and there because, according to Bryan, that's the fee for me staying here without actually running Jaku.

    However, you know me, there is a pretty good chance that I have a much larger Jaku project in the background I haven't told anyone about.

    ooops..

  3. #11663
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I have the biggest man-crush on you...
    Dafuq am I reading

  4. #11664
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Hey man! I have been wondering what happened to you. Seems like the old, old crew sort of disappeared.
    Things are alright. I seem to find myself at the heart of crap though. I decided to expand my skills so I started designing for ZUI at first. I tried my hand at Ayecon and couldn't get over how unrefined it was, so I tried boss and have actually found some really interesting inspiration in the icon design, and de-branding the theme.
    Of course, drama ensued, I became the chaotic voice of reason and got chewed out by a couple mods so I've been trying to keep to myself and stay out of trouble.
    I'm still working on boss so I don't have screenshots to share here, that's been made abundantly clear. I take the odd Jaku icon request here and there because, according to Bryan, that's the fee for me staying here without actually running Jaku.

    However, you know me, there is a pretty good chance that I have a much larger Jaku project in the background I haven't told anyone about.

    ooops..
    I'm been great. Lots on my plate my son graduated from middle school and my baby got really sick for a minute and he is doing a lot better now.
    I like the way you make your icons, its hard to explain but since you are Darth Vader (icon) can I be your apprentice "Starkiller"

  5. #11665
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I'm been great. Lots on my plate my son graduated from middle school and my baby got really sick for a minute and he is doing a lot better now.
    I like the way you make your icons, its hard to explain but since you are Darth Vader (icon) can I be your apprentice "Starkiller"
    Since ur star killer, you'll betray him and then hell kill u.

  6. #11666
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Since ur star killer, you'll betray him and then hell kill u.
    I'm still okay with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I'm been great. Lots on my plate my son graduated from middle school and my baby got really sick for a minute and he is doing a lot better now.
    I like the way you make your icons, its hard to explain but since you are Darth Vader (icon) can I be your apprentice "Starkiller"
    Congrats on the graduation! Awesome. Glad the other is doing better. Sick babies are not fun. Fortunately all of mine are adults now so I don't have to do the all-night vigils any more, but I understand the worry and how it wears on you... Really glad that's passed.

    That little Vader icon has been evolving for a few nights now. He started as an experiment and has become my avatar. I must like him.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    143voltron (07-17-2012)

  8. #11667
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Don't hate me bro, but im a big time copier (just ask bjbinc haha) but i pretty much replicated your black dock idea! Gosh its nice:

    can someone post this wallpaper please?

  9. #11668
    My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 582 Times in 356 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    can someone post this wallpaper please?
    I'm 100% sure it's a sino wall, check genso84's tumbler, it shouldn't be too far

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

    Chaotic Buddhist (07-17-2012)

  11. #11669
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I'm still okay with this.



    Congrats on the graduation! Awesome. Glad the other is doing better. Sick babies are not fun. Fortunately all of mine are adults now so I don't have to do the all-night vigils any more, but I understand the worry and how it wears on you... Really glad that's passed.

    That little Vader icon has been evolving for a few nights now. He started as an experiment and has become my avatar. I must like him.

    Thanks, man all night vigils... 3 nights in a row of only 2 hrs sleep. That's not good for the body or mind.

    So do you mind teaching me the ropes of making great looking icons. I would really appreciate. I know there is a video that BJ did but I want to go beyond that and create beautiful Jaku icons. I've done a couple and I've improve but I'm not satisfied with them.

  12. #11670
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aransh View Post
    I'm 100% sure it's a sino wall, check genso84's tumbler, it shouldn't be too far
    ^This..

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    Thanks, man all night vigils... 3 nights in a row of only 2 hrs sleep. That's not good for the body or mind.

    So do you mind teaching me the ropes of making great looking icons. I would really appreciate. I know there is a video that BJ did but I want to go beyond that and create beautiful Jaku icons. I've done a couple and I've improve but I'm not satisfied with them.
    For a number of reasons I'm not 100% certain that I'm really the guy to learn from, but I'd be happy to share what I do know. I know the icons I make are apparently not considered "traditionally Jaku" because I tend to shy away from the dark, dark color palate and incorporate bright colors. Or worse yet, sometimes I use non-traditional borders.. :-O HORROR!!!
    That said, I have picked up some interesting tricks along the way though and if I'm not willing to help and share then what the heck am I doing here, right?

    Yay, I have a dark apprentice!! You guys are so screwed, lol.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    143voltron (07-17-2012)

  14. #11671
    iPhone? More like MyPhone harget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    172
    Thanked 93 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    can someone post this wallpaper please?
    On sino's tumblr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-img_5249.png  

  15. #11672
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    ^This..



    For a number of reasons I'm not 100% certain that I'm really the guy to learn from, but I'd be happy to share what I do know. I know the icons I make are apparently not considered "traditionally Jaku" because I tend to shy away from the dark, dark color palate and incorporate bright colors. Or worse yet, sometimes I use non-traditional borders.. :-O HORROR!!!
    That said, I have picked up some interesting tricks along the way though and if I'm not willing to help and share then what the heck am I doing here, right?

    Yay, I have a dark apprentice!! You guys are so screwed, lol.
    Remember u kill him. Then u clone him again and it causes another fiasco.

  16. #11673
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by harget View Post
    On sino's tumblr
    thank you plenty, what's Sino's tumblr? I'm trying to migrate all of my bookmarks and stuff again, my macbook's hard drive crashed so I've been pretty much LOST when it comes to everything.

  17. #11674
    iPhone? More like MyPhone harget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    172
    Thanked 93 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    thank you plenty, what's Sino's tumblr? I'm trying to migrate all of my bookmarks and stuff again, my macbook's hard drive crashed so I've been pretty much LOST when it comes to everything.
    iPhone Wallpapers

  18. #11675
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    thank you plenty, what's Sino's tumblr? I'm trying to migrate all of my bookmarks and stuff again, my macbook's hard drive crashed so I've been pretty much LOST when it comes to everything.
    That sucks man

  19. #11676
    iPhoneaholic 143voltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    ^This..



    For a number of reasons I'm not 100% certain that I'm really the guy to learn from, but I'd be happy to share what I do know. I know the icons I make are apparently not considered "traditionally Jaku" because I tend to shy away from the dark, dark color palate and incorporate bright colors. Or worse yet, sometimes I use non-traditional borders.. :-O HORROR!!!
    That said, I have picked up some interesting tricks along the way though and if I'm not willing to help and share then what the heck am I doing here, right?

    Yay, I have a dark apprentice!! You guys are so screwed, lol.
    The last line was hilarious
    Jaku for iOS 5-images.jpg

    I've notice that about your icons that they are a bit brighter which I don't mind. that's why my call of duty zombies seems so off to me it was too dark and I wanted to add a splash of color there.

    Together we will rule "Jaku"
    Last edited by 143voltron; 07-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.

  20. #11677
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    The last line was hilarious
    I've notice that about your icons that they are a bit brighter which I don't mind. that's why my call of duty zombies seems so off to me it was too dark and I wanted to add a splash of color there.

    Together we will rule "Jaku"
    Don't forget though, we're still up against a damned robot......

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    bjbinc (07-17-2012)

  22. #11678
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    The last line was hilarious
    Attachment 600344

    I've notice that about your icons that they are a bit brighter which I don't mind. that's why my call of duty zombies seems so off to me it was too dark and I wanted to add a splash of color there.

    Together we will rule "Jaku"
    Dont forget this:



    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Don't forget though, we're still up against a damned robot......
    I think ur white soldiers end up beating the droids... so watch out bryan! lol

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

    bjbinc (07-17-2012)

  24. #11679
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Dont forget this:


    I think ur white soldiers end up beating the droids... so watch out bryan! lol
    Oh that's right. The Tech Alliance is one of the first to fall... We got this.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    bjbinc (07-17-2012)

  26. #11680
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Don't forget though, we're still up against a damned robot......
    Unless hes r2d2, that guy just doesnt die!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts