+ Reply
Page 563 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 63 463 513 553561562563564565 573 613 663 1063 ... LastLast
Results 11,241 to 11,260 of 29896

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Damnskippy Great news, that will save me a lot of trouble! Yep, that little 'c' was really hard to get on everything since the 'b' was already
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damnskippy View Post
    Great news, that will save me a lot of trouble!
    Yep, that little 'c' was really hard to get on everything since the 'b' was already there.

shh, can you hear it? Bryan almost had a stroke.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

jayjOka (07-13-2012)

Thanks

Don't know if this is a bad time, but could I have a whole ui built for this theme with the Japanese Jaku logo monogrammed every where? And I expect it by tomoro. Thank you.

Also could please tell me how I would force me to like my iPhone layout? TIA

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I'm honored your using it Chaotic and am using many of your Jaku icons. I like the theme but you can't really do much to it to personalize it. I felt this thread was too tightly controlled as far as requests etc. were handled but I honestly agree with you now. Boss is nice but not polished. And 90% of the pages are just the same questions over and again and ridiculous widgets.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (07-13-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (07-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    I'm honored your using it Chaotic and am using many of your Jaku icons. I like the theme but you can't really do much to it to personalize it. I felt this thread was too tightly controlled as far as requests etc. were handled but I honestly agree with you now. Boss is nice but not polished. And 90% of the pages are just the same questions over and again and ridiculous widgets.
    I don't think anyone here was ever trying to appear overbearing or otherwise controlling, but yeah, the requests for customized, customized, customized widgets are definitely something that should be taken offline. The core of these threads should be about the theme and getting it modded and looking right, but when you have 26 pages of the same requests for the same widget in every color and configuration of the rainbow, you lose sight of what you were there for in the first place.
    I just think that was what everyone here was trying to prevent. There is still ridiculous, untapped potential in both Jaku and boss, and we SHOULD be helping those who don't have quite the same skill, knowledge or tools, but I'm trying to mod my phone too and I think those people making the requests sometimes forget that our job isn't to be a ready-made-icon and mod factory.

I've seen a number of posts that start out like, "I've already asked for these three times. blah blah gimme."

I've started dropping those requests into my ignore list. If making this stuff was easy, they'd already be doing it. If the time it takes to do the mod is too much for someone to wait, then they don't get it at all.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I've seen them swarming you for your LS mods. All I can think is, "Poor guy probably just wants to make another one for his phone but here he is stuck doing the same mod 45 different ways and people are still d*cks." <-- By the way mods, I typed the asterisk myself, just like in every other post so back the h*ll off.....

Anyway, I'm still going to develop for boss, and I'm planning to complete my own mod this weekend that basically removes the branding. I've made a satin icon frame too, so it will be a complete theme mod and if I'm not mistaken, it's going to be pretty well received.

Hope to work with you going forward man... Bad blood under the bridge...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (07-13-2012), bjbinc (07-13-2012), jayjOka (07-13-2012)

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,979 Times in 651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    My job right now is to de-brand boss. I love the style enough to track down all the little b's and remove them.
    I'm about 40% done and it looks great.
    I'm finding too much inspiration in it to not keep exploring.
    I've made a satin alloy mod which is probably the most stunning work I've done so far but it's not quite ready yet.
    I know it's not a Jaku shot, but here is the new icon in action.
    To add to the whole leaching thing what I have noticed is what they ask for us usually in the previous page, I can see were language my play a factor at times, but still. Then they try to get attitude about a answer that didn't work for them when someone try's to assist them ya that annoys me as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjOka For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (07-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post

One of the variant mods. Sort of a mother-of-pearl thing I'm going for.
    I've also managed to fix the weird edges on the inner effects layer.

btw, the Gameboy icon in there is the work of KnightWing.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjOka View Post
    To add to the whole leaching thing what I have noticed is what they ask for us usually in the previous page, I can see were language my play a factor at times, but still. Then they try to get attitude about a answer that didn't work for them when someone try's to assist them ya that annoys me as well.
    Exactly. Everything that's in the thread has been shared in that thread. It's not even like these guys are wanting to learn, they just want the mods right now and for free. I can't be a part of that.

lol. Apparently I'm still a pirate according to the boss people. I think I've given them my last icon.

What makes it funny is it all started when I BOUGHT boss. The themeit app gave me some static. Turned out to be a known conflict with something else I had installed. FIF7Y contracted me and told me how to fix it. It did. However, some of the guys went rabid on me and it's still there I guess.

I don't think this would bother me if I actually had stolen it, but I posted my receipt to try and clear my name. No go.... Do I really want to give money or time to a group that's going to accuse me of piracy even after I prove that I bought the theme? Nah....
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-13-2012 at 03:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

jayjOka (07-13-2012)

Thanks

Sooo...back to Jaku?

I think I'll be ditching my whole idea of making everything white. Too difficult to get every icon made, and there are much more black icons than white. Goodbye white Jaku. You were great while you lasted. Thanks for all the help bjbinc and anonymous helping me make white icons, it was and is greatly appreciated. I will continue to keep them saved, just in case...

(Still wanting a Major Mayhem icon )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jvkj View Post
    Sooo...back to Jaku?

I think I'll be ditching my whole idea of making everything white. Too difficult to get every icon made, and there are much more black icons than white. Goodbye white Jaku. You were great while you lasted. Thanks for all the help bjbinc and anonymous helping me make white icons, it was and is greatly appreciated. I will continue to keep them saved, just in case...

(Still wanting a Major Mayhem icon )
    No, I'm not done with the theme, but I'm done with that group. I just don't get the attitude over there. I can't do anything else to prove that I actually bought it and they're not worth my time to do so.
    They don't appreciate me or my work, fine. I'm actually doing these mods for me anyway. I share because sometimes people like what I do, but I don't feel compelled to share any of my boss work; especially now and especially with them.

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,979 Times in 651 Posts

@chaotic ya that is some messed up crap, I had the same issue with boss, it was due to EPHD I had to uninstall it then install boss.
    I will admit that I am a bit of a leach, as I am very new to PS I do try to share something if I can.
    I dont understand how to cut out an image to give it clean lines my always look all jagged.
    Just curious have you ever made any thing gold in PS that was the first thing that got me wanting to learn photoshop., but I do believe gold is one of the hardest things to master in PS.
    Anyway sorry for my off topic post
    Back on track from now on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayjOka View Post
    @chaotic ya that is some messed up crap, I had the same issue with boss, it was due to EPHD I had to uninstall it then install boss.
    I will admit that I am a bit of a leach, as I am very new to PS I do try to share something if I can.
    I dont understand how to cut out an image to give it clean lines my always look all jagged.
    Just curious have you ever made any thing gold in PS that was the first thing that got me wanting to learn photoshop., but I do believe gold is one of the hardest things to master in PS.
    Anyway sorry for my off topic post
    Back on track from now on.
    I saw those posts about EPHD. I had played with that earlier, but in my case it was so much simpler... and stupid.
    I had a theme called "boss status icons" because "boss" means cool, or awesome to an old California boy like me.
    Although it contained absolutely ZERO actual boss.ios components, the ThemeIt app saw the name and FLIPPED out.
    One of the super mods over there contacted me privately to help me walk through the problem because we didn't want to spam the thread with it.
    We got the problem resolved, I downloaded the app and it installed perfectly. All I did was rename my theme to "cool status icons".
    It was that simple. That is what's been getting me accused of piracy.
    Gold is tough. I haven't really gotten shiny metals down, but I can do brushed and satiny pretty well now. I've been playing with silvers, but I'm not to gold yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone heggs80's Avatar
    Thanks

Whats the point of braggin' stuff in a jaku thread go over to the boss.ios thread and discuss it.

Keep on topic here for jaku and go discuss another theme in the other thread.
    So if anybody need icons, please request i can make.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heggs80 View Post
    Whats the point of braggin' stuff in a jaku thread go over to the boss.ios thread and discuss it.

lol fair enough. Wasn't really bragging, but sharing. You should look into it.
    I'll keep it to myself though.. in fact I'm keeping a lot to myself right now....

---

Master of the infinite Ignore List....
    Also, number 2 of the top 10 downloaded Jaku artists...

^ Think about that before you accuse me of anything but contributing to this theme.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-13-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Don't be a jacka ss

CB has contributed as much to this thread as anyone and way more than most (including you). If he wants talk about something OT for a bit...so be it. Get off his back.
    Last edited by bjbinc; 07-13-2012 at 03:57 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (07-13-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    Don't be a jacka ss
    he wasnt being one, and if you think he had an attitude, i've seen worse from blacksquatch telling people to get back on topic

and btw where are all the cb haters at? Chaotic you always talk about people dissing you and sending you hate mail and not appreciating what you do but where is all this hate, i never see anyone taking shots at you

youve always been cool in my book, so i dont get where the haters come from

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaybachMusic View Post
    he wasnt being one, and if you think he had an attitude, i've seen worse from blacksquatch telling people to get back on topic

and btw where are all the cb haters at? Chaotic you always talk about people dissing you and sending you hate mail and not appreciating what you do but where is all this hate, i never see anyone taking shots at you

Twitter. My inbox. Private messages on this board. The boss.ios thread as recently as today.....
    Although I will agree with something you said. I don't get where the hate is coming from either.
    I've done nothing but contribute to this group and this theme. My time and my own money to grow that DropBox everyone loves so much.
    Some way to show appreciation. I'm still scratching my head as to why I'm back here.

Green Apple
    Thanks

*cough* We just do it behind his back. *cough*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimesque View Post
    *cough* We just do it behind his back. *cough*
    If only that were true.... I mean, I'm sure you all do, but there has been enough in my face over the last few weeks to suit me for a very long time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone heggs80's Avatar
    Thanks

i wasent beeing a jack a ss i was just pointing it out, too much OT imo.

This is the Jaku thread and i was not pointing out who has contributed the most or not, i was simply stating that this is for a fact a jaku thread, go ahead be OT as hell, but imo keep jaku in jaku and boss in boss, don't mix em, i honestly though for a second i was browsing the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Twitter. My inbox. Private messages on this board. The boss.ios thread as recently as today.....
    Although I will agree with something you said. I don't get where the hate is coming from either.
    I've done nothing but contribute to this group and this theme. My time and my own money to grow that DropBox everyone loves so much.
    Some way to show appreciation. I'm still scratching my head as to why I'm back here.
    I was not hating at you, i just think you should keep it to the topic, i know you love boss.ios and have switched and started theming for that theme and so on, but i think it's just abit wrong to go around posting it in this thread. No hate.
    Last edited by heggs80; 07-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks

i wasent beeing a jack a ss i was just pointing it out, too much OT imo.

This is the Jaku thread and i was not pointing out who has contributed the most or not, i was simply stating that this is for a fact a jaku thread, go ahead be OT as hell, but imo keep jaku in jaku and boss in boss, don't mix em, i honestly though for a second i was browsing the wrong thread.

I was not hating at you, i just think you should keep it to the topic, i know you love boss.ios and have switched and started theming for that theme and so on, but i think it's just abit wrong to go around posting it in this thread. No hate.
    Let's not forget, I've been remaking most of my original Jaku icons too. I only tell you that now so you'll understand that I'm actually trying to get a feel for what folks might want. I'm not going to keep making Jaku icons in the same style everyone else uses, because I like variety.
    I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to off-topic spam. That was not my intent and as it was taken that way, I will back off. I'll share on Twitter where there is no topic to get off of.....

You guys can go back to all the Jaku modding discussions I interrupted.... I apologize...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

heggs80 (07-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Idk what blacksquatch has to do with anything

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

JimboHurt (07-13-2012)