+ Reply
Page 549 of 1500 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539547548549550551 559 599 649 1049 ... LastLast
Results 10,961 to 10,980 of 29992

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Anonymous Thanks man but this is what i mean: Attachment 598899 Loks to the right, mine to the left. His is like imprinted, so to say. Look
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Thanks man but this is what i mean:

Attachment 598899

Loks to the right, mine to the left.

His is like imprinted, so to say.

Look at the insides sod the check mark, whereas mine is just like a slit with shadow underneath.

The depth is what I'm talking about.
    My answer stands. With perhaps an extra layer or two....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (07-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    You're like the Joss Whedon of modding Will. Even if you killed off Jaku completely, your fans would continue its legacy.
    I don't mean that to sound overly theatrical, but I know I'd continue to build icons and elements in the Jaku style because I find it aesthetically pleasing. Sure, I'm working with a different theme right now and expanding my skills because I want to make my own theme now.
    You specifically have inspired me to learn how to do this and these guys drove me to get better and better. I owe most of my ability right now to you guys.
    Nah, even if you stopped, we'd keep it going and I think it's safe to say, we'd keep the standards just as high.
    Thanks dude. To be fair, boss.ios is gorgeous. I had a good long look at it the other week and it's absolutely stunning.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (07-12-2012), bjbinc (07-11-2012)

Thanks

My answer stands. With perhaps an extra layer or two....
    Extra Layer? Of what? Shadow? My questions show my experience which is pretty null. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    ^ ugh...you have more free ram than I have in total

macthemes is up
    oh...and registration is open as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Thanks dude. To be fair, boss.ios is gorgeous. I had a good long look at it the other week and it's absolutely stunning.
    It really is. I just don't like over the top themes...but I'd say it's probably my second favorite theme right now. I am using the UI elements and lovin' it, though
    Last edited by bjbinc; 07-11-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    It really is, and the silver framed icons really seem to suit the style I've carved out for myself. I love making Jaku icons, but I'm feeling inspired working in the boss.ios format at the moment. Cool thing is, the ideas I'm gathering, in some cases, translate back to Jaku which will allow me to make even cooler icons.

Extra Layer? Of what? Shadow? My questions show my experience which is pretty null. :/

Lighting, shadow, the "inside" of the cut out. It's not a simple thing to do and it's not real easy to explain. The inner shadowing is how you get that cutout, but you could do what I do and MAKE the shadow with multiple layers of shadowing and lighting. It gives you the ability to make distinct changes to very subtle aspects of your element.

For instance, my Launch icon in the Jaku style is 27 layers of elements. Some as simple as a slight glow on the window of the ship.
    Each one completes the overall picture, but there is no simple trick to doing that, unless you do an inner shadow, change the angle of shadow and the depth, add a slight inner glow to create the extra lighting you'd see in a deep cutout like that and you'll find yourself with a pretty decent effect. It won't be what Will did, but then, few of us here are really able to pull that off as effectively.

Bryan can, but then he's a robot...

oh...and registration is open as well

It really is. I just don't like over the top themes...but I'd say it's probably my second favorite theme right now. I am using the UI elements and lovin' it, though
    That's been my mission first. Cutting out some of the product branding that's all over it, but then, I've found some really interesting things in the theme that I've never seen anywhere else.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-11-2012 at 01:22 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (07-11-2012), bjbinc (07-11-2012)

Thanks

hmm just created an mtf one and the email hasnt sent... is that nrmal?

Thanks

hmm just created an mtf one and the email hasnt sent... is that nrmal?
    Well...none of us really know what normal is for MTF now

My iPhone is a Part of Me akrimmer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Trapster
    I would never need to use an app like this, but maybe others would.

Last edited by akrimmer; 07-11-2012 at 02:14 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (07-11-2012)

Thanks

It really is, and the silver framed icons really seem to suit the style I've carved out for myself. I love making Jaku icons, but I'm feeling inspired working in the boss.ios format at the moment. Cool thing is, the ideas I'm gathering, in some cases, translate back to Jaku which will allow me to make even cooler icons.

Lighting, shadow, the "inside" of the cut out. It's not a simple thing to do and it's not real easy to explain. The inner shadowing is how you get that cutout, but you could do what I do and MAKE the shadow with multiple layers of shadowing and lighting. It gives you the ability to make distinct changes to very subtle aspects of your element.

For instance, my Launch icon in the Jaku style is 27 layers of elements. Some as simple as a slight glow on the window of the ship.
    Each one completes the overall picture, but there is no simple trick to doing that, unless you do an inner shadow, change the angle of shadow and the depth, add a slight inner glow to create the extra lighting you'd see in a deep cutout like that and you'll find yourself with a pretty decent effect. It won't be what Will did, but then, few of us here are really able to pull that off as effectively.

That's been my mission first. Cutting out some of the product branding that's all over it, but then, I've found some really interesting things in the theme that I've never seen anywhere else.
    Yeah...the branding is ridiculously over the top lol

Thanks

Well...none of us really know what normal is for MTF now
    Lol ok i hope i didnt put the wrong email

hmm i think understand thanks man! Wait 27 layers?! holy cr*p!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks

hmm i think understand thanks man!

If you want, hit me up on email. chaoticbuddhist (at) gmail (dot) com and maybe I can help you out a bit more. The forum is probably not the best place for Photoshop lessons.
    I'd be happy to put a couple things together and get you a PSD with some examples of what I mean.

Yeah...the branding is ridiculously over the top lol
    The one exception, and frankly I didn't think I'd use it.... loading screens. Normally I hate them, and the boss screens are no different, until someone posted a mod of a loading screen where the "boss" text is a really pleasant pink/lavender color. It becomes enough of a break in the color scheme that it's almost pleasant. It gave me ideas.... you know how I am with color.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (07-11-2012), bjbinc (07-11-2012)

Thanks

If you want, hit me up on email. chaoticbuddhist (at) gmail (dot) com and maybe I can help you out a bit more. The forum is probably not the best place for Photoshop lessons.
    I'd be happy to put a couple things together and get you a PSD with some examples of what I mean.

The one exception, and frankly I didn't think I'd use it.... loading screens. Normally I hate them, and the boss screens are no different, until someone posted a mod of a loading screen where the "boss" text is a really pleasant pink/lavender color. It becomes enough of a break in the color scheme that it's almost pleasant. It gave me ideas.... you know how I am with color.
    Thanks for that!

i like little to no color in my themes to compliment the black iphone that i have, and i prefer very simple wallpapers, so Jaku is pretty much the ideal theme for me!

Thanks

hmm i think understand thanks man! Wait 27 layers?! holy cr*p!
    Well, the background, shading on the background, lighting on the background, a subtle glow effect where the ship is "breaking" the atmosphere, the ship, shadowing on the ship, lighting on the ship, the windows, lighting on the windows, the frame.... you get the idea.
    It really is the first "real" icon I've made. I used all of the tricks and techniques I've learned from everyone in this group to put it together.
    It seems like a lot of layers, and maybe I went overboard, but I have now made that icon in four known styles, and one of my own design, and the amount of granularity I have lets me easily do that.

Thanks for that!

i like little to no color in my themes to compliment the black iphone that i have, and i prefer very simple wallpapers, so Jaku is pretty much the ideal theme for me!
    Yep. Jaku CAN be a dark theme. My instance of it is bright and colorful and it still works. That's what makes it so neat. It can be anything you need and still be Jaku.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (07-11-2012)

Thanks

I know that there's one on the repo, but it looks kind of weird. I'd love for another Cyanide and Happiness icon to be made. Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    I review iPhone apps and themes for http://theappletreereview.blogspot.com/

I'm always looking to help, and I'll try my best to solve whatever problems you may have

I also adore the theme "Jaku"

My iPhone is a Part of Me sino84's Avatar
    Thanks

Another brick one

Ho peeps! Saw some walls of this style and thought I should make my own. On my tumblr! ignore the empty folders and the gradient at the bottom

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    Simplified.

Thanks for ripping my chat and part of my camera icons. God forbid we wait a few days for a release.

Thanks

And with that, I'm headed to the door....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimesque View Post
    Thanks for ripping my chat and part of my camera icons. God forbid we wait a few days for a release.
    Let's just calm down now...

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

iMod94 (07-11-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let's just calm down now...
    Who says I'm not calm? I'm not allowed to point that out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nimesque View Post
    Who says I'm not calm? I'm not allowed to point that out?
    It was wrong for him to do that with that I agree. I just don't want another argument to erupt that's all.