+ Reply
Page 510 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500508509510511512 520 560 610 1010 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,200 of 30038

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Blacksquatch Ok, so I have a color/retina display color representation issue. The left is the saved file in png format, the right is a screenshot of the
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksquatch View Post
    Ok, so I have a color/retina display color representation issue. The left is the saved file in png format, the right is a screenshot of the display. The difference is NOT due to the quality of the screenshot. Why does the ribbon on the right look like this on the display, and not like the one on the left?
    iOS compresses/optimizes every single image it can get it's grubby little hands on; even those files that have already been run through pngcrush with the -iphone flag. Here's a thorough breakdown of what's going on:

iPhone Development: iPhone "Optimized" PNGs

The take home message is this: "An awful lot of the time, PNG images have 1.0 for the Alpha value in every pixel. As a result, more often than not, program runs faster and use less memory because of the PNG "optimizations" done by Xcode."

As an aside, these optimized PNGs don't get crushed all that well. In fact, sometimes they wind up bigger than the pre-optimized equivalents. With good compression values, you can crush PNGs to approximately 40% (on average) over and above their standard counterparts (when using the Save for Web feature in Ps for example). So it's not really clear if just crushing PNGs may be better (smaller file size to load) than even doing the optimizations using pngcrush.

Anyway, there is no way around this. You can mitigate the compression some by crushing the images with pngcrush, but iOS will still apply it's own internal optimizations to anything it displays. That's Apple. They literally control everything in the UX.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2012), Anonymous (07-02-2012), bjbinc (07-02-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (07-02-2012), Supremesan (07-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    iOS compresses/optimizes every single image it can get it's grubby little hands on; even those files that have already been run through pngcrush with the -iphone flag. Here's a thorough breakdown of what's going on:

The take home message is this: "An awful lot of the time, PNG images have 1.0 for the Alpha value in every pixel. As a result, more often than not, program runs faster and use less memory because of the PNG "optimizations" done by Xcode."

As an aside, these optimized PNGs don't get crushed all that well. In fact, sometimes they wind up bigger than the pre-optimized equivalents. With good compression values, you can crush PNGs to approximately 40% (on average) over and above their standard counterparts (when using the Save for Web feature in Ps for example). So it's not really clear if just crushing PNGs may be better (smaller file size to load) than even doing the optimizations using pngcrush.

Anyway, there is no way around this. You can mitigate the compression some by crushing the images with pngcrush, but iOS will still apply it's own internal optimizations to anything it displays. That's Apple. They literally control everything in the UX.
    *twitch* *twitch* U lost me at Alpha... jeez I cant wait for mountain lion so i can get xcode so i can tinker around with that kind of stuff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Toolysenegal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    Can you make the blue lighter and I don't like the brown in it can you take that out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toolysenegal View Post
    Can you make the blue lighter and I don't like the brown in it can you take that out
    I dont wanna step in and start something, but at least show some gratitude man.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (07-03-2012), Alfroggy (07-06-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (07-02-2012), darkman66 (07-03-2012), evo0o (07-03-2012), radioBirdman (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Sorry off-topic question:

Does anyone know how to manually hide day and date on Calendar icon without using tweaks?

Thanks so much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I dont wanna step in and start something, but at least show some gratitude man.
    I'm thankful he did what he did. I just asked a simple question a little light blue etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shallowheart View Post
    Sorry off-topic question:

Does anyone know how to manually hide day and date on Calendar icon without using tweaks?

Thanks so much.
    Edit the info.plist in Jaku theme folder in the plist edit the calendaricondate style so that all the numbers are zero. This should work.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (07-03-2012), shallowheart (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toolysenegal View Post
    yeah man...that's a good way to have your future requests ignored.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (07-02-2012), radioBirdman (07-03-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    yeah man...that's a good way to have your future requests ignored.
    Well sorry guys. But can someone do it for me?
    Btw thanks everyone I appreciate the attempt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolysenegal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Edit the info.plist in Jaku theme folder in the plist edit the calendaricondate style so that all the numbers are zero. This should work.
    Thank you, but actually I don't use WinterBoard and that's why I wanna know how to manually hide them.

I think it's in SpringBoard.string but I couldn't find out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    Here's me recently, thanks to bjbinc for his help on some modifications!

Do you mind sharing the Settings icon? It looks really sick, but the little switch thing is a bit off. It would go great in my dock cuz i have only dark icons there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Do you mind sharing the Settings icon? It looks really sick, but the little switch thing is a bit off. It would go great in my dock cuz i have only dark icons there.
    Theres a similar one on the repo but its not exact not sure, might be specially made :/

Maybe pm him to see if hell give it to ya

iPhone? More like MyPhone Damnskippy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post

There seems to be some confusion here. The article you linked to is a good one at explaining why the iOS optimized png files do not work on a computer and what exactly has been done to them. However it is important to understand that none of that has anything to do with compression. The purpose of the changes explained in that article are only to optimize (not compress) the image data for display on an iOS device. The iOS graphics sub system works different than most every other graphics system so it changes the files to work with it. That is the byte swapping part. At the same time it simplifies the files so that some of the calculations needed to display them are no longer needed. That is the premultiplied alpha part.

None of those changes are part of the png spec, that is why photoshop etc says it is corrupt.

I would have to do a little research on it but I do not think that the actual compression algorithm is any different from any other png file. Which by the way is a lossless algorithm so there should be no compression artifacts. In fact that is one of the reasons png files are used in the first place. Since they do not damage the files by tossing out parts of it they retain all the tiny detail that our lovely retina displays can show.

Using jpeg files in iOS is about as slow as you can get because it has to decompress the image, then do all the stuff listed in that article. So use png files in your apps and web pages

iPhone? More like MyPhone Luiscastro23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I don't see it. Perhaps the system is just slow today. I'll keep an eye out.
    Lol I actually sent you that pm yesterday but it's about your Lego icons I had requested them a few pages back with more colors

Thanks

Whether you've been waiting for them or not,

They're here

I just wanna thank everyone for a super clean theme and all the support

Download here: Jaku Metal Stuff.zip

I redid some of these because they were pixelated so that's why i took down the old one.

Enjoy
    can someone make a sports and entertainment folder icon please.
    NYC

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luiscastro23 View Post
    Lol I actually sent you that pm yesterday but it's about your Lego icons I had requested them a few pages back with more colors
    Yeah, I got it. I need you to be patient. I get a lot of requests.
    As I recall, I did tell you I would do it. I'm sorry if you got the impression I was a vending machine and it would be an instant thing.

Not to mention, I'm still making icons for me too. I have my own requests which people sometimes forget about.

Theres a similar one on the repo but its not exact not sure, might be specially made :/

Maybe pm him to see if hell give it to ya
    The one on the repo is a collaboration between myself and Blacksquatch. However, it's blue-ish and not black.
    There are, however, ALL of these: Jaku Community Icons

Quote Originally Posted by Luiscastro23 View Post
    How many more did you want? Three was it?

The real problem is I deleted the PSDs shortly after making the first four. They were a simple request and I wasn't terribly happy with the outcome.
    I've been redrawing the Lego from scratch so they look nice.
    I could so a simple color overlay on top of one of the existing icons if you need them now, but I just wanted to make something nice.

edit:
    http://imgur.com/a/0QF0y

Here's some quick color mods. I'll let you know when the new art is done.
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Iphone ie (07-03-2012), radioBirdman (07-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone surr3a1's Avatar
    Thanks

I started creating a new music icon for myself, which turned out pretty decent. Here it is:

Jaku for iOS 5-music2.png
    .:Be Like No Other:. // surr3a1.iphone.blog

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to surr3a1 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2012), Groinchurn (07-03-2012), irespectfemales (01-13-2013), radioBirdman (07-03-2012), XCellFoneSalesRep (07-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kenneth916's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    Here's me recently, thanks to bjbinc for his help on some modifications!

Can u tell me where to get that games icon! And your safari icon looks so nice!!!! Please share!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenneth916 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-06-2012)

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth916 View Post
    Can u tell me where to get that games icon! And your safari icon looks so nice!!!! Please share!
    If it's not in the repo, it's probably NFR.
    You know this by now.

The games icon is NFR. That Safari icon is a mod of one of mine and I'm actually not sure where the hell it came from.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (07-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhodson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhodson View Post
    There is a horrendous clipping issue that I created when editing this, will correct it and repost.
    Please find attached the fixed version

Jaku for iOS 5-cloudappnew.png

30. The Following User Says Thank You to dhodson For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (07-03-2012)