Page 412 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402410411412413414 422 462 512 912 1412 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 30039

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    You're welcome. It took me a bunch of trial and error to learn how themes worked. I've only really used them since I discovered EdiusHD over at macthemes (as a lurker) when I bought an iPhone4. Before that I themed bits and pieces on my 3GS manually but it was Edius (Lok's previous theme) that really taught me how to d1ck around with Winterboard stuff.
    As for opening that zip file.. which OS are you running? That sounds like a Windows error that you're getting and I would've thought that Windows would open a zip file in Windows Explorer at the very least?
    I use 7-Zip myself. It handles a lot more than most archive handlers, but "unarchiver" sounds like *it* should be able to open a zip file??
    Try running "unarchiver" and use it to browse to wherever you saved the zip and then unarchive the the archive

RadioBirdman, thanks again for your reply. I actually have a mac, and I did try to use unarchiver to browse for the zip file but it didn't let me get it. It's weird.... But I've been busy all day long, so now that I'm free I'll take a look at it..... I have a quick question, if you don't mind..... There was an update for Jaku today and I did it... and I've seen that in my winterboard I have like at least 4 "jaku" options checked..... Like jaku iOS4.2.1, Jaku iOS 5.0.1, Jaku, Jaku UI Extras.... Do I need to check all of them on winter board in order to make it work? The reason I ask is because I've noticed that my battery had died quicker recently since I did the jailbreak.... I do not have that many tweaks installed, and I've read that winter board tends to drain your battery faster.... .Do you think that could be reason?....

Download the new update now lol. So apparently that's Lockheeds way of gettin ready to start the UI?

Sh*t am sorry i messed up with that 2nd twitter icon the dark one but now that i have updated it .. could BJ or any1 who is capable of editing the repo exchange the icons :S
    PS: the icon is just in the page before this 1 410 i mean :/ Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by sino84 View Post

great walls sino
    I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a ****!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=jfriends4438%40gmai  l%2ecom&lc=US&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsB  F%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Thanks for those walls sino!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    People are free to shoehorn Jaku into the new iPad (provided they don't release the work to the public of course), but none of it will be even an iota to what is to come. Upscaling icons (which is far less tolerant to retaining image quality) on the weaker Retina display (the iPhone is 330 DPI, while the iPad is 260 DPI) of the new iPad will result in utter crap. And runs pretty much against everything Jaku stands for.

I would encourage everyone with a new iPad to wait. It will be worth it.
    I'll definitely wait Lokheed!

I just upgraded Jaku and now the folders (2x2) do not match with the icons I have there..... What should I do? Is this an easy "fix"?

Quote Originally Posted by snake4 View Post
    RadioBirdman, thanks again for your reply. I actually have a mac, and I did try to use unarchiver to browse for the zip file but it didn't let me get it. It's weird.... But I've been busy all day long, so now that I'm free I'll take a look at it..... I have a quick question, if you don't mind..... There was an update for Jaku today and I did it... and I've seen that in my winterboard I have like at least 4 "jaku" options checked..... Like jaku iOS4.2.1, Jaku iOS 5.0.1, Jaku, Jaku UI Extras.... Do I need to check all of them on winter board in order to make it work? The reason I ask is because I've noticed that my battery had died quicker recently since I did the jailbreak.... I do not have that many tweaks installed, and I've read that winter board tends to drain your battery faster.... .Do you think that could be reason?....
    I only use Jaku and Jaku Extras on 5.1.1; you only need to apply the themes that you need. I've had Winterboard forever so I can't really tell you if it decreases battery life. Sorry.

Quick question! Does anyone know how to make curved arrows in Photoshop? You guys are geniuses..
    Last edited by satointl; 06-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuRaiJack94 View Post
    Hey, as i said before i am not really an artist but i am doing my best to learn ! so i have made this new twitter icon in which i used the Base by Akrimmer CREDIT goes to him and his amazing base that made my icon complete ( i just made some modifications on it ) and twitter logo which i have found on google so credit goes to whoever made it.. the rest is my work

Attachment 590542

Tell me ur feedback

Edit : This 2nd one is a lil bit darker ! thought it would look nice with grungy walls

Attachment 590574
    Gosh this twitter icon is divine !
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    I don't think it actually changed. I updated too and had no issues.

Bundle: com.omgpop.dmtmobile
    Icon: [email protected]

Ok ok..one more version...

Attachment 590523

Credit to ChaoticBuddhist for some of the elements used from his original icon. Attachment 590524

I think this version makes it look more like an eye, with the glare and all.
    Woah ! That icon evolved to a great one !
    Congratulations on this collaborative work. This community on the Jaku forum truly is exceptional. The updated repo, the requests which are always filled, the Dropbox goodness are all blessings to us Jaku users
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (06-13-2012), bjbinc (06-13-2012), SamuRaiJack94 (06-13-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by snake4 View Post
    I'll definitely wait Lokheed!

I just upgraded Jaku and now the folders (2x2) do not match with the icons I have there..... What should I do? Is this an easy "fix"?
    Per a recent tweet by William:

"If anyone doesn't need the 2x2 folders, drag Jaku UI Extras under Jaku UI in WinterBoard."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-13-2012), Lokheed (06-13-2012)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (06-13-2012)

On the recent compartmentalization of Jaku:

You guys may have noticed that Jaku is becoming compartmentalized. This is to help development, but also to allow themers to better take advantage of Jaku's elements. There are 1,176 individual UI elements in the iOS UIKit alone. That doesn't include the various other places (like MediaPlayer or SpringBoard) iOS draws its UI. Moreover, these are all undocumented (their function pieced together by themers and hackers) and Apple changes them in nearly every version. Sometimes files are moved, new ones added, or resolutions changed. For those asking for a complete UI, this is a daunting task, and more so when you have to maintain it, assuring backward compatibility for those unable (or unwilling) to update. You guys think finding Bundle IDs and icon file names are hard?

For those not yet in the know, WinterBoard prioritizes the items listed. If you drag Jaku UI Extras to the top, you will get the 2x2 folders. If you drag it under Jaku, you will get the traditional folder layout. For those still on 5.0.1, you should have Jaku-5.0.1 at the top. For those on iOS 4.2.1+, you should have it's respective package at the top. If you are running 5.1.1, you can deactivate those entirely. They are built for backward compatibility and the core Jaku theme will always be built for the most current untethered Jailbreak. So when Apple released 5.2, you will likely see a Jaku-5.1.1 bundle appear in WinterBoard (unless Apple doesn't change anything and that's not very likely).

Here's a breakdown of the current organization:

Jaku-{iOS version}: Elements for backward compatibility should users not be running the latest untethered version of iOS.

Jaku UI: Most of the core UI elements will be found here (Lock Screen, Phone dialer, and general UI), save the status bar icons and some elements of SpringBoard that will always be remain in the core package.

Jaku UI Extras: ISX statusbar icons, WeatherIcon (fully relocated here), UI Settings, and now 2x2 folders. In the future, this will house obscure or specialty apps from Cydia.

Jaku: The core component that will focus on application icons, but also include small UI elements (like the Notification Center). Essentially, the core will keep things tightly integrated, allowing users to run other themes that have heavy UI customizations but still retain the essence of Jaku. Avoiding conflicts is the focus here. If someone wants to run, say, Principium UI, they can safely, without fear that a Jaku slider or a Jaku button will interfere its elements (causing breakage and forcing a user to meddle around with resource files).

On the future of Jaku:

The immediate concern was to ensure proper 5.1.1 compatibility. That is done (unless someone finds bugs, which can be patched pretty easily; hopefully, as we go). From this point on, all eyes are still on iOS 6. So that means new default app icons (like Passbook) to fabricate. As for the UI, Apple has done a tremendous job remodeling things. If they leave some apps alone (likely), then it may come time to step in and redo them to better suit the new ones, but it looks like iOS will get a fresh new look on the whole, so the matter may not be much of an issue anymore (I guess all those "complete" themes will pretty much be shattered; that sucks, heh). Regardless, I will be investigating the matter. Not that I don't have another project that's keeping me busy
    Last edited by Lokheed; 06-13-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: incorrect info

15. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (06-13-2012), Alfroggy (06-14-2012), bankai44 (06-13-2012), bjbinc (06-13-2012), Blacksquatch (06-13-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (06-13-2012), darkman66 (06-13-2012), evo0o (06-13-2012), harget (06-13-2012), jadaki (06-13-2012), P173R (06-13-2012), PJ7 (03-09-2013), SamuRaiJack94 (06-13-2012), satointl (06-13-2012), Supremesan (06-14-2012)

Edit - it looks like Lok has probably answered in the post above me.
    I was mobile and hadn't refreshed the page :/

snake4 yep sorry I'm one of those Windows plebs. Though I'm pretty sure the zip files should have no problems on a Mac. I zipped them up on my phone within iFile so there shouldn't be anything weird about them.
    As was already said.. The 2x2 folder icon won't apply if it is dragged below a 'normal' folder icon (eg in Jaku UI). That's an example of what I was saying about priority in WB the other day
    In fact if you don't use many tweaks there probably won't be anything in Jaku UI extras that you'll notice so you can probably turn that one off.

I snoop through the folders inside the themes I use. This gives me a good idea of which order I want to set them in WB and whether I need/want them turned on at all.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by radioBirdman; 06-13-2012 at 04:38 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

snake4 (06-13-2012)

Thanks for the post Lokheed.

Sounds great!!
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

...Not that I don't have another project that's keeping me busy
    hmmm...intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by satointl View Post
    I only use Jaku and Jaku Extras on 5.1.1; you only need to apply the themes that you need. I've had Winterboard forever so I can't really tell you if it decreases battery life. Sorry.

Quick question! Does anyone know how to make curved arrows in Photoshop? You guys are geniuses..
    Thanks for that Satointi!... I'll try that out right now...

On the recent compartmentalization of Jaku:

You guys may have noticed that Jaku is becoming compartmentalized. This is to help development, but also to allow themers to better take advantage of Jaku's elements. There are 1,176 individual UI elements in the iOS UIKit alone. That doesn't include the various other places (like MediaPlayer or SpringBoard) iOS draws its UI. Moreover, these are all undocumented (their function pieced together by themers and hackers) and Apple changes them in nearly every version. Sometimes files are moved, new ones added, or resolutions changed. For those asking for a complete UI, this is a daunting task, and more so when you have to maintain it, assuring backward compatibility for those unable (or unwilling) to update. You guys think finding Bundle IDs and icon file names are hard?

For those not yet in the know, WinterBoard prioritizes the items listed. If you drag Jaku UI Extras to the top, you will get the 2x2 folders. If you drag it under Jaku UI, you will get the traditional folder layout. For those still on 5.0.1, you should have Jaku-5.0.1 at the top. For those on iOS 4.2.1+, you should have it's respective package at the top. If you are running 5.1.1, you can deactivate those entirely. They are built for backward compatibility and the core Jaku theme will always be built for the most current untethered Jailbreak. So when Apple released 5.2, you will likely see a Jaku-5.1.1 bundle appear in WinterBoard (unless Apple doesn't change anything and that's not very likely).

Here's a breakdown of the current organization:

Jaku-{iOS version}: Elements for backward compatibility should users not be running the latest untethered version of iOS.

Jaku UI: Most of the core UI elements will be found here (Lock Screen, Phone dialer, and general UI), save the status bar icons and some elements of SpringBoard that will always be remain in the core package.

Jaku UI Extras: ISX statusbar icons, WeatherIcon (fully relocated here), UI Settings, and now 2x2 folders. In the future, this will house obscure or specialty apps from Cydia.

Jaku: The core component that will focus on application icons, but also include small UI elements (like the Notification Center). Essentially, the core will keep things tightly integrated, allowing users to run other themes that have heavy UI customizations but still retain the essence of Jaku. Avoiding conflicts is the focus here. If someone wants to run, say, Principium UI, they can safely, without fear that a Jaku slider or a Jaku button will interfere its elements (causing breakage and forcing a user to meddle around with resource files).

On the future of Jaku:

The immediate concern was to ensure proper 5.1.1 compatibility. That is done (unless someone finds bugs, which can be patched pretty easily; hopefully, as we go). From this point on, all eyes are still on iOS 6. So that means new default app icons (like Passbook) to fabricate. As for the UI, Apple has done a tremendous job remodeling things. If they leave some apps alone (likely), then it may come time to step in and redo them to better suit the new ones, but it looks like iOS will get a fresh new look on the whole, so the matter may not be much of an issue anymore (I guess all those "complete" themes will pretty much be shattered; that sucks, heh). Regardless, I will be investigating the matter. Not that I don't have another project that's keeping me busy
    We are enough of your style icons and some improvements that you think appropriate. Then, the $2.99 they are all of you deserve! Keep it up. You are great!

Quote Originally Posted by satointl View Post

Well...these arrows are built into Photoshop's Custom Shapes tool

If you need to get more creative...I guess I would use the pen tool (google it if you need help)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

satointl (06-13-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    Per a recent tweet by William:

"If anyone doesn't need the 2x2 folders, drag Jaku UI Extras under Jaku UI in WinterBoard."
    Thanks akrimmer for sharing that..... Now, IF I would like to keep the 2x2 folders (because I really like them), how could I make my icons to fit in there? I'm new on this.... so, is it a big procedure or is it just a matter of a simple configuration on my settings?

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    hmmm...intriguing
    iPad jaku maybe?
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Parry's Jaku SMS theme is gorgeous.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Bakerbot (06-13-2012)

Page 412 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402410411412413414 422 462 512 912 1412 ... LastLast