Page 394 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384392393394395396 404 444 494 894 1394 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 30288

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    Thank you thank you very much! Problem solved!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaolin For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by snake4 View Post
    Hi guys, as some of you know Im completely new on this, and the more I read what you guys write the more I get to know about this stuff and I'm enjoying it. Today, I just read about "changing my root password" and "installing the OPENSSH from Cydia". I need this SSH thing to change the icons and themes and all that of my iPhone, right?? What is a good SSH client for a mac???

I know I have a LOOOONNG WAY before I can edit my icons and do all this "magical" and awesome setups that you guys do, but I guess this is a good way to start, right?.... I would REALLY appreciate if someone could just bare with me and write me a little information of what I need to start editing icons and having fun like you guys Do I just need to install a SSH client on my mac and then start figuring out how to change stuff from there?? I've googled a lot and I see clients like "cyberduck" and I just want your opinion.

I have an iPhone 4, iPad 3 (well, the new iPad) and a macbook pro with lion. Thank guy and sorry if I'm bothering with this dumb questions (I'm also new on forums )
    Yes cyber duck for mac.
    And personally I wouldn't worry about changing the password. Cause I just turn SSH off when I'm not using it.

And technically you don't NEED SSH for this. You can just use iFile on your device. Sometimes SSH is quicker.

But for example you can save an icon from a site to your phones camera roll and then in iFile take it and move it and use it.
    iFile even can unarchive ZIP files if you download like a Dock zip or something.
    Last edited by JimboHurt; 06-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Quote Originally Posted by snake4 View Post
    Hi guys, as some of you know Im completely new on this, and the more I read what you guys write the more I get to know about this stuff and I'm enjoying it. Today, I just read about "changing my root password" and "installing the OPENSSH from Cydia". I need this SSH thing to change the icons and themes and all that of my iPhone, right?? What is a good SSH client for a mac???

I know I have a LOOOONNG WAY before I can edit my icons and do all this "magical" and awesome setups that you guys do, but I guess this is a good way to start, right?.... I would REALLY appreciate if someone could just bare with me and write me a little information of what I need to start editing icons and having fun like you guys Do I just need to install a SSH client on my mac and then start figuring out how to change stuff from there?? I've googled a lot and I see clients like "cyberduck" and I just want your opinion.

I have an iPhone 4, iPad 3 (well, the new iPad) and a macbook pro with lion. Thank guy and sorry if I'm bothering with this dumb questions (I'm also new on forums )
    SSH is a file transfer protocol, but a secure one. Like HTTPS.

Most FTP clients will work (anything that can handle SFTP). My preference goes to Panic's Transmit. Bar none the most polished client out there. But some may not feel like shelling out the $35. So Cyberduck is an excellent free alternative. But for advanced things (like modifying permissions), you should also be familiar with command line (through Terminal). Do some reading on symlinks too. Can't stress that enough. I symlink quite a bit of stuff in Jaku to cut down on bloat. Learn what they are or you'll be replacing so many needless files or just breaking the package.

Also make sure you change both passwords, root and the user mobile.

You should really install Xcode to make your life easier. It'll let you handle plist files, which are the best source to find Bundle IDs and general information you need to get theming. There's no quick guide. To do it right means learning about iOS and Unix.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Yes cyber duck for mac.
    And personally I wouldn't worry about changing the password. Cause I just turn SSH off when I'm not using.
    It's one line. Well two. There is no reason not to do it! Like giving the keys to your house to a thief and saying, it's okay, I'm always home anyway :0

You really should secure your phone. The whole world knowing your root pass is alpine shouldn't sit well with you dude!
    Last edited by Lokheed; 06-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (06-11-2012), radioBirdman (06-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaolin View Post
    Hello, tell me would know because of this problem in facebook icons and tweetbot? thanks!

Attachment 590073
    Can you share that mail icon?

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkman66 View Post
    IMO, the worst thing anyone can come in here and say is: "I don't feel like searching all 390 pages......can someone help me find....." These people should not be helped. What makes your time more valuable then my time? I'm able to find what I need by reading and searching, why cant you?

Also, just wanted to say thanks again to William for this theme. I've heard about all these supposed awesome new themes coming out and to tell you the truth, none of them are anywhere near the quality of Jaku.
    This is absolutely on point. To simply state "I don't have the time to look for it. Will you just give it to me?"

Tell you what... I have three kids in college, my wife is blind, I work as a senior level systems engineer... blah blah blah. We're all busy, we're all stretched for time and we all want our phones to be as sweet as possible. Well I manage to fit my graphics work into my day to day routine and I don't think I'm more busy than any of you, but I'm no less busy and that's the point.

Yes cyber duck for mac.
    And personally I wouldn't worry about changing the password. Cause I just turn SSH off when I'm not using it.

And technically you don't NEED SSH for this. You can just use iFile on your device. Sometimes SSH is quicker.

But for example you can save an icon from a site to your phones camera roll and then in iFile take it and move it and use it.
    iFile even can unarchive ZIP files if you download like a Dock zip or something.
    Oh you should ALWAYS change your password, and I'll tell you why. I now know your password is alpine, yet you have no idea what mine is.
    Security should be more than a switch because sometimes you'll find SSH on and you might not have even known it.

A slight mod to one of Sino's deadly wallpapers to match the blue-ness of my phone

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012), Chaotic Buddhist (06-11-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jadaki's Avatar
    Thanks

@radioBirdman

Very nice setup. I like it ;-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jadaki For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (06-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    A slight mod to one of Sino's deadly wallpapers to match the blue-ness of my phone

So... what's going on with the badges in the lower left corners?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (06-12-2012)

Here is some icons i just did, this is my second attempt at photoshop making jaku icons. i just did them i dont know if they will have any use but here they go.

-kanye-bear-mdbf-jaku.png

-kanye-bear-808-jaku.png
    Last edited by LeelGotWings; 06-11-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    So... what's going on with the badges in the lower left corners?
    That'd be Backgrounder. Lok added Backgrounder badges to Jaku in the 2nd (?) release.
    I've made these ones to match akrimmer's badges

Quote Originally Posted by jadaki View Post
    @radioBirdman

Very nice setup. I like it ;-)
    Thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

Yes cyber duck for mac.

JimboHurt, thank you so much for your time. I will go with "cyberduck" since it's free and I'm new on this until I get more familiar with this customization. I have a question though... you said I could do it from the ifile on my iPhone??... All I've been able to do so far is to copy some wallpapers lol.... And yeah, some people have put docks and status bars but I have no idea how to get them. I ended up saving them as a zip in dropbox and when I open them there are just a bunch of pics, and I have no idea what to do after that. That is why I want to learn more about it. At least I want to be able to customize my status bar (like taking it from another theme and put it with my jaku icons and wallpaper) and maybe change ONE of my icons to start! hahahaha.... Like for example, I like how you guys have put the iPhone pic as your "phone icon".... ( I have that icon under my "findmyiphone" and a white phone icon under my "phone") If that is easy to do PLEASE instruct me with that.... I will keep reading about the rest like some of you advised me.... Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    SSH is a file transfer protocol, but a secure one. Like HTTPS.

Most FTP clients will work (anything that can handle SFTP). My preference goes to Panic's Transmit. Bar none the most polished client out there. But some may not feel like shelling out the $35. So Cyberduck is an excellent free alternative. But for advanced things (like modifying permissions), you should also be familiar with command line (through Terminal). Do some reading on symlinks too. Can't stress that enough. I symlink quite a bit of stuff in Jaku to cut down on bloat. Learn what they are or you'll be replacing so many needless files or just breaking the package.

Also make sure you change both passwords, root and the user mobile.

You should really install Xcode to make your life easier. It'll let you handle plist files, which are the best source to find Bundle IDs and general information you need to get theming. There's no quick guide. To do it right means learning about iOS and Unix.

It's one line. Well two. There is no reason not to do it! Like giving the keys to your house to a thief and saying, it's okay, I'm always home anyway :0

You really should secure your phone. The whole world knowing your root pass is alpine shouldn't sit well with you dude!

LokHeed, thanks for your time!... You are the man, let me tell you... and I didn't expect that you would have some time for me (I'm assuming you are constantly busy with all this stuff). I really appreciate your time. I did change my root pass and mobile pass successfully. Im gonna go ahead and get cyberduck since it's free and Im a novice on this. Thanks for all the info you've provided to me, I will take a look at all the subjects you advised me and I will definitely read about it. All I want to do right now to start is to be able to change my icons and status bar.... I'll let you know how it goes in these days. Thanks again for your time!
    Last edited by snake4; 06-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    That'd be Backgrounder. Lok added Backgrounder badges to Jaku in the 2nd (?) release.
    I've made these ones to match akrimmer's badges

Thanks!
    Neat! I have never seen the tweak/app so I was unfamiliar with what I was seeing. Thanks!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (06-11-2012)

@ jadaki - Here's that screenshot of my current setup...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bankai44 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012), jadaki (06-12-2012), JimboHurt (06-11-2012), radioBirdman (06-12-2012)

Snake4 you will find most of the themes, docks etc that are zipped up in the shared Dropbox will be bundled up ready to drop into your 'themes' directory after you unzip them. In other words, the bunch of pictures *should* be named correctly and in the correct folders.
    Not trying to spam my own stuff but as an example... If you download either of these - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23962560/iPh...mes/rBiPod.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23962560/iPh...BStatusBar.zip

and unzip them, there will be a folder ending with .theme in the name.

If you take a look inside, you'll see folders in the 'bundle' method, which tells Winterboard where to apply those images.

If you drop the rBiPod.theme folder (and all it's contents) into your iDevice at /Library/Themes that theme will appear in Winterboard.

If you were to leave it at the top of your Winterboard list and turn it on, then apply and respring, the images in that theme will be applied first, so it would override the themes below it. This is where you determine which order to place themes in Winterboard. That takes a bit of playing around and maybe some trial and error, but once you start poking around in theme folders, you’ll get a good understanding of what you want placed where.
    I might write a bit of a guide on managing Jaku icons, alts, preferences etc and add it to the FAQs on Dropbox, since I have seen a few folks here talking about changing stuff inside their Jaku theme, which in my opinion is not the best way to manage things at all.
    I’ll do that when I’m not at work though

23. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

I have been looking for a wallpaper for Jaku on the new ipad for a while without success so I have had a go at making a few grain effect wallpapers (2048x2048) from scratch to go with Jaku.
    This is the very first time I have ever used Photoshop so go easy!
    They actually look okay (I think?) as a backdrop to the excellent Jaku.
    They look a lot better on the ipad than on the PC screen.
    Anyway let me know what you think?

On a side note has anyone noticed that if your using the Dropbox app on the iPhone or iPad and try and save a picutre
    into the photos app it is re-sized quite a bit?
    I tried saving wallpapers (2048x2048) from the app to the photos app and they are saved at something like 736x736.
    Bit annoying really.

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otvs53m40b...Wallpapers.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Neat! I have never seen the tweak/app so I was unfamiliar with what I was seeing. Thanks!

Cheers! Backgrounder is one of my "must haves"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    @ jadaki - Here's that screenshot of my current setup...

Sooo fresh!

I'm sorry everyone last time im gunna say this I swear! But it makes me so happy when someone uses my status bar and that dock that I modded! It makes me wanna create more!
    Last edited by JimboHurt; 06-11-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JimboHurt For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

hey guys, can you spot your icons in this ayecon thread

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybachMusic For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaybachMusic View Post

hey guys, can you spot your icons in this ayecon thread
    I see three from this group right off the top of my head. Damnit, ****** thieves...

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-16-2012)

not a single **** was given, he just said my bad and didnt take the icons down. and Surenix supported his post of stealing icons, im surprised he couldn't tell they were stolen considering he is a themer himself

Page 394 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384392393394395396 404 444 494 894 1394 ... LastLast