+ Reply
Page 371 of 1497 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361369370371372373 381 421 471 871 1371 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 29938

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Very well said bro. I agree, honestly ayecon isn't gonna reach near the numbers of Jaku and others. It's gonna be one of those fly by nighters. And yes he
    Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Very well said bro. I agree, honestly ayecon isn't gonna reach near the numbers of Jaku and others. It's gonna be one of those fly by nighters. And yes he has no sense of gratitude.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Evolution does work and is what I use. It's been updated for 5.0+

Is it just the UI version or the one with all the icons? If I purchase it, I'm guessing its simply a case of not ticking certain options in winterboard so that the Jaku themed icons remain?

Thanks

I just took a look at ayecon and I still defend Jaku's icons as being superior in quality. No offense to any artists, this is just a personal opinion.

However, ayecon does theme several elements that Jaku doesn't, but I think William has mentioned about stepping in once iOS 6 is revealed and disappoints. Seriously waiting for this!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

It's the ui only one by Kayz? Idk I you were using a theme before or evolution ui.

It was never Jaku's intention to theme the entire phone. Just enhance it.

Evolution HD is by blue metal and entirely different if that's what you are referring to.
    Last edited by Just Dummy; 06-08-2012 at 02:08 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (06-08-2012)

Thanks

Yeah, I know Jaku is just icons and don't want to use any other theme that would replace them. But do like Evolution for it's UI theme. Just gone into Cydia, I can see:

Evolution UI 1.3 by Kayz (not supported on my iOS 5.1.1 - says I can't purchase it)

Other than that I can see the other (Blue Metal) Evolution themes.

Am I missing something?

Banned
    Thanks

I'm on 5.1.1 and I downloaded it? I also had it back on 4.3 and I think that's the difference. Cydia isn't sure so they won't let you dl.

Thanks

Cydia, you Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spookster For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (06-08-2012)

Banned
    Thanks

You could email the author and work out something?

Thanks

Yeah, already have. Cheers mate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    I like yours more! I love the fatness of the multitasking quitter one (know what i mean?)

But im glad there are options, good work sino and bankai!
    I've the same opinion!

Anyway, both badges are good!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So um I posted a request somewhere back in the 350 pages and I haven't seen anyone take it up. I was trying to hold off till my SB was exactly the way i wanted it but I think that might take forever. With that said here's my LS & SB.

I know to you guys that this is nothing special; but to me it is. I love the iPhone. I just felt certain things were outdated. I never wanted it to look like a whole different phone. I wanted it to look like an iPhone. I love the simplicity. Once again, Thank you all for all your hard work. Without you guys none of this "Jakuniverse" (pretty sure I just made that up lol) would be possible. Special thanks to William & anyone else's Jaku themes/tweaks I'm using.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 3,675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Actually, how he writes (and wrote his product copy) is bad for marketing. You never want to call out everyone who makes similar products, even if you feel they make crap. His copy is written in a very arrogant tone, denigrating the hard work of other quality themers, who, as you rattle off, are quite numerous (and from my interaction with some of them, quite friendly and humble about their stuff). That won't sit well with most as people are quite good at reading between the lines.

His tone is what bugs me, especially when his "flagship" design elements ("fabric texture to the brushed metal volume scrubber") are straight out of Jaku. You'd think for someone who "borrowed" a lot of my style (in more ways than one), he would be a little more humble and a little less like "hey, no one was doing this before I got here." I'm happy to be a source of inspiration, but in that case, demonstrate some humility and maybe give a tip of the hat to those that influence your work.

I don't like how he talks. Most of the publicity he's trying to churn up is pretty transparent and artificial. And I don't like how he calls out other themers, like he's telling them all to sit down because he's here now and going to put us all in our place. I don't really get the sense he's humble enough for what he's producing. Big ego.

I make no comment on his artistic ability, just his discretion and general attitude.
    Yep, I agree on what you wrote.

AND

it's not a quality theme. I mean besides the obvious influence Jaku had on Surenix's design it's way below the details you put in every icon, least every graphical bit you add.
    The icons are nicely made images he then clipped into the PSD he applies to every artwork. While the process seems legit, there are stray, off-tone icons remaining on top of the pictures.
    Releasing a 'complete' theme just for the sake of it, claiming it a superior theme because of it, even though the images are sometimes poorly executed.
    The icons are small. I hoped they would be IOS-shaped, adding better compatibility regarding masking ability as compared to Jaku's com.mobileicons.framework folder.
    I don't regret buying ayecon this morning. Status bar elements are nice, for instance. The four-icon preview on folders looks great, and the sole inclusion of this tweak makes ayecon a good buy.
    But good bye Surenix too. I won't miss your misplaced arrogance.

If I want to bring back radiant colors on my display I'll make use of Jackie Tran's themes rather.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 06-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does anyone know where i can find this dock?
    Jaku for iOS 5-screenshot.png

thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itzsteven View Post
    does anyone know where i can find this dock?
    Attachment 589474

thanks!
    Look in the dropbox.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to evo0o For This Useful Post:

itzsteven (06-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Yep, I agree on what you wrote.

AND

it's not a quality theme. I mean besides the obvious influence Jaku had on Surenix's design it's way below the details you put in every icon, least every graphical bit you add.
    Releasing a 'complete' theme just for the sake of it, claiming it a superior theme because of it, even though the images are sometimes poorly executed.
    The icons are small. I hoped they would be IOS-sized, adding better compatibility regarding masking ability as compared to Jaku's com.mobileicons.framework folder.
    I don't regret buying ayecon this morning. Status bar elements are nice, for instance. The four-icon preview on folders looks great, and the sole inclusion of this tweak makes ayecon a good buy.
    But good bye Surenix too. I won't miss your misplaced arrogance.

Yes. The Jaku icons, in my humble opinion, are much better than that ones. I don't know how to explain, but I tried the ones from ayecon and they didn't fit in the way that Jaku icons fits my "taste". As I said in the post of Surenix's theme: I like the background of the folders and NC (the only thing that I am using from there, :X).
    Last edited by jtmf; 06-08-2012 at 05:11 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    These would have been released sooner, but I've been busy with getting things in order with moving to a new home. A collaboration of work from Sino (@genso84) and myself. I have to say the man is unstoppable, first walls...now badges!

Can you make them with the original jaku badges colors? The red and black? Will be really appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 3,675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtmf View Post
    Yes. The Jaku icons, in my humble opinion, are much better than that ones. I don't know how to explain, but I tried the ones from ayecon and they didn't fit in the way that Jaku icons fits my "taste". As I said in the post of Surenix's theme: I like the background of the folders and NC (the only thing that I am using from there, :X).
    Yep, that fabric texture (hey those two words associated sound like having been read a lot in this thread. Pre-ayecon) is definitely sexy.
    I admittedly like the perforated leather one on the wall too :-)
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

Thanks

Need some opinions about the status bar of my wall. I am not the author of the wall (Sino). Just made the colorful line and used a pattern to do the bar.

Last edited by jtmf; 06-08-2012 at 07:26 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jadaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Guys,

i've played a bit with PS.

EDIT: Apple Defaults

What do you think? What could i use it?
    Last edited by jadaki; 06-08-2012 at 09:47 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jadaki View Post
    Hey Guys,

i've played a bit with PS.

What do you think? What could i use it?
    An apple apps folder would be good, possibly...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

jadaki (06-08-2012)