+ Reply
Page 370 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360368369370371372 380 420 470 870 1370 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 29888

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
So um I posted a request somewhere back in the 350 pages and I haven't seen anyone take it up. I was trying to hold off till my SB was
    Green Apple
    Thanks

So um I posted a request somewhere back in the 350 pages and I haven't seen anyone take it up. I was trying to hold off till my SB was exactly the way i wanted it but I think that might take forever. With that said here's my LS & SB.

I know to you guys that this is nothing special; but to me it is. I love the iPhone. I just felt certain things were outdated. I never wanted it to look like a whole different phone. I wanted it to look like an iPhone. I love the simplicity. Once again, Thank you all for all your hard work. Without you guys none of this "Jakuniverse" (pretty sure I just made that up lol) would be possible. Special thanks to William & anyone else's Jaku themes/tweaks I'm using.

Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    hey Chaotic Buddhist... so i downloaded Zui theme and put it on the bottom. I already had Jaku iOS 5.1 and Jaku so i put those on the top. Zui LS clear is the first one.

Where do i get Jaku Icons theme?
    You don't. It's mine. It's the one I made to keep my custom icons in. If you don't do that, you won't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    I updated my old wooden Twitter icon with the new logo

Twitter
    God you're so good you just make me want to take a chainsaw to your dog.... Sorry, had a long day which means daddy had a couple drinks for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Ok this "traitor" bought the other theme to get 2 items. The chat kit and ui. Everything else is not worth the $ so I would save it. I knew this going in so no regrets. No new Jaku I assure you.
    I'm actually buying it too, for similar reasons. I see a couple of UI components that I WANT and I am willing to pay him for his work....
    Last edited by Chaotic Buddhist; 06-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-08-2012), radioBirdman (06-08-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok this "traitor" bought the other theme to get 2 items. The chat kit and ui. Everything else is not worth the $ so I would save it. I knew this going in so no regrets. No new Jaku I assure you.
    Dude did u watch that video review of ayecon? Lol talking about someone blowing smoke up someone's rear end! They said he's a legend and the name u think of when u think of iPhone themes lol. Clearly someone is riding someone's nuts .. Hard! Lol

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    You don't. It's mine. It's the one I made to keep my custom icons in. If you don't do that, you won't have one.

God you're so good you just make me want to take a chainsaw to your dog.... Sorry, had a long day which means daddy had a couple drinks for dessert.

I'm actually buying it too, for similar reasons. I see a couple of UI components that I WANT and I am willing to pay him for his work....

thank god i don't have a dog!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

I really did like inpulse and still have it. This one is a copy in many ways. Look at his website lol. The dialer is identical to Jaku but with some hideous texture on it. There are a few good things I can't deny that. One unique thing is the 4 icon preview for folders. But as a stand alone theme not so much. People whine about Jaku not being complete but it's nice to mix and match ui components to suit your own style.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Dummy For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-08-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    Like this...
    Funniest post all day

9. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (06-08-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cornelutz_rtm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macinmac View Post
    Ok.. so I found an pic on twitter by ( nuagetouch) and I played a bit. They look nice on iPhone, so hope that you enjoy them too.

Or you can download them here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37087953/Archive.zip
    misto wallpapere ... e placut sa mai vezi si alti romani pe aici

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cornelutz_rtm For This Useful Post:

macinmac (08-26-2012), P173R (06-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

just looked at ayecon for the first time...what the hell is the fuss about? The UI is themed...but iMatte and Verso both look better IMO (I like darker stuff tho...so I'm sure a lot of people will like it). I'll stick with my blend of the two and save my $3. The icons aren't even in the same galaxy as Jaku. There's no way I would call that the "new benchmark" for themes.
    Last edited by bjbinc; 06-08-2012 at 12:45 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (06-08-2012)

Thanks

Compared to most 'complete' themes, ayecon looks great, compared to Jaku's icons, it's looks less great.

Banned
    Thanks

It's not complete tho. No kb,no sb settings, no statusbar no a lot of things.

Thanks

Ya its 'complete' lol

Banned
    Thanks

ayecon for iOS, pronounced "icon" or "ai-con", is the benchmark in iOS theming. ayecon was designed to utilize every single pixel in Apple's Retina display to the max.

Apple has done an amazing job with their iOS's look and feel and that's where ayecon based itself from. Still keeping somewhat of the iOS look and feel but this time, adding more details that you thought never existed, brighter colours, crisp textures—everything.

In ayecon, every icon shares its own a little story and every detail's surreal from the fabric texture to the brushed metal volume scrubber. ayecon comes preloaded with everything that you'd ever want in a theme from over 120+ icons plus auto-app mask to full system user interface modifications. Once you use this theme, converting back to stock just won't be the same.

ayecon comes preloaded with:
    • System wide user interface
    • Lock Screen
    • Auto-app mask for App Store apps
    • 120+ masked/customized Cydia app icons
    • Phone (dial pad) skin
    • iPod (music player) skin
    • Switcher iPod buttons
    • Folders, Notification Center and Siri background
    • Status bar icons
    • SMS/chatkit skin
    • PSD file (to create your own icons using ayecon's style)
    • and so much more!

What others have said:

"Your new theme ayecon looks amazing. Would donate a kidney just to get an early copy"
    -Ryan Petrich (rpetrich)

"ayecon is gonna be the new benchmark for iOS theming!"
    -Chris Simpson (apocolipse)

"This drops harder than Skrillex dropping the bass!"
    -iH8sn0w

"ayecon saturates the Retina display with meticulously detailed goodness"
    -iDownloadBlog

List of supported Cydia app icons & custom App Store icons:

ActivatorAddCallHistoryAirBlue SharingAirServerAlert ArtistAnyRingAppBackupAppInfoApp StatAutofill EraserBatchBattery Doctor ProBatteryInfo LitebiteSMSBluff My CallBossPrefBytaFontCallBarCookieCrashReporterDash board ataDepositDeskSMSDisplay RecorderDosPadDreamBoardFacebookFlexPlayerfsWipeCa chef.luxGBC.emuGroovesharkGpSPhoneiCleaneriFileiRe alSMSiRetineriSHSHitiTransmissioniTransmission 2iTranslateIconoclasm Layout MakerIMDbIntelliIDIntelliScreenXjbackLocationHolic Location SpoofLogMailerMD.emuMessages+MewSeekMobile TerminalMultiCleanerMxTubeMyWiMy3GNeo.emuNes.emune ws:ycNGP.emuN64iOSOpenBackupOverBoardPdaNetPKGBack upPocketPromptProtect My Privacy (PMP)ProTube HDProTubeReSpring FastRush Player+SBSettingsSignalSignal RefreshSiriBoardSkypeSnes9x EXSparrowspeedssidSpringtomize 2TD (Canada)ThemeIconMakerThe RecordTorrentTRAKTruPrintTweetbotTwitterUnlimTones UnlimVideosVLCWiFiPasswordWinterBoardxBackupXBMCYo utubeToMp33G Unrestrictor
    *This list will be updated frequently

Video by Jeff (myjailbreakmovies) at iDownloadBlog

Available now in Cydia Store for only $2.99

Vs

Jaku is Japanese for "tranquility." Like the name, its underlying design philosophy is to bring refined and subtle changes to Apple's iOS. Apple has built a wondrous platform and over the years, has taken it to new heights. But just as time has passed, not everything in iOS has aged well. Jaku aims only to polish and refine the more aging elements of the existing iOS framework rather than fabricate an entirely new user experience (all with the utmost appreciation and the greatest of respect).

Jaku is borne from devotion and a love of simplistic elegance (or "Bauhaus-ism"), the very things that make of all of Apple's products so memorable and engaging. It doesn't aim to radically change the user experience, but refine it. The fundamental ideology that drives Jaku can be encapsulated into one word: Subtlety.

Dedicated to Steve Jobs (1955-2011). A true visionary and continued source of inspiration.

SUPPORTED PLATFORMS

Jaku supports the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and the iPod Touch 4G. All devices must be running iOS 4.2.1+ or iOS 5.0.1.
    All other devices and operating systems are not supported.

CURRENT LIST OF 3RD PARTY APPLICATIONS

Any Apple approved 3rd party application links directly back to the App Store for your convenience.
    Simply click on the link to buy your favorite app and fly its respective Jaku icon proudly on your home screen.

1Password Pro
    Activator
    Activity Monitor Touch
    Age of Zombies
    Air Video
    AirPort Utility
    Alien Blue
    Altered Beast
    Ambiance
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Seasons
    AppInfo
    Apple Store
    Articles
    Audium
    BIT.TRIP BEAT
    Backgrounder
    Balllin
    BeejiveIM with Push
    Bejeweled
    Best Timer
    Bills
    Bite SMS
    Budget with Back in Black
    BytaFont
    Calcbot
    Calvetica Calendar
    Camera+
    Capture
    Carcassonne
    Cards
    CHRONO TRIGGER
    Clear
    Cloud2go
    Conquist 2
    Convert
    Convertbot
    Cut the Rope
    Cut the Rope: Experiments
    Cydia
    Death Rally
    Deep Green Chess
    Delivery Status Touch
    Dialvetica Contacts
    DOFUS : Battles
    Dogfight 1951
    Doodle Jump
    Dropbox
    Droplr
    Due
    eBay
    eBuddy Pro Messenger
    Evi
    Evernote
    Facebook
    Facebook Messenger
    Facely HD
    FINAL FANTASY
    FINAL FANTASY II
    FINAL FANTASY III
    FINAL FANTASY TACTICS
    Find My Friends
    Find My iPhone
    Flipboard
    Flixster
    Foursquare
    Fruit Ninja
    genesis4iphone
    GarageBand
    Genesis A.D.X. Plus
    Gmail
    Golden Axe
    Golden Axe 2
    Golden Axe 3
    GoodReader
    Google+
    Google Search
    Google Translate
    Hatchi
    iBooks
    iDisk
    iFile
    iMAME
    iMovie
    iNES
    iPhoto
    iTeleport: VNC
    iTunes U
    IMDb Movies & TV
    Icebird Lite
    Ice Rage
    Infinity Blade II
    Instagram
    Instapaper
    Jetpack Joyride
    Keynote
    Kik Messenger
    Launch Center
    Lighty - Flashlight
    LastPass for Premium Customers
    LiveView
    nes4iphone
    MacCiti
    MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2
    ModMyi
    Mobile Terminal
    MusicID with Lyrics
    Navigon
    Netflix
    Newegg Mobile
    Nike+
    Nike+ GPS
    Ninjawords Dictionary
    Numbers
    Oh! Edo Towns
    Pages
    Pandora Radio
    PayPal
    Pastebot
    Path
    Phantasy Star II
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Plex
    Prompt
    Quick Scan Pro
    RBC Mobile
    Rage Comics
    RAGE HD
    Read It Later Pro
    Readability
    Real Racing 2
    Reeder
    Remote
    Run Roo Run
    SBSettings
    SNES A.D. +
    snes4iphone
    Scotiabank
    SCRABBLE
    Scramble With Friends
    Secret of Mana
    Serenity
    Shazam
    Shazam Encore
    (Shazam)RED
    Shining Force
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    Simpsons Arcade, The
    Sky Burger
    Solebon Solitaire
    SoundHound
    SoundHound ∞
    Space Harrier II
    Spotify
    Square Card Reader
    Star Walk
    Steam Mobile
    Stratus
    STREET FIGHTER II COLLECTION
    STREET FIGHTER IV
    STREET FIGHTER IV VOLT
    Streets of Rage
    Streets of Rage 2
    Streets of Rage 3
    TD (Canada)
    Temple Run
    TeuxDeux
    Things
    Ticket to Ride Pocket
    Tumblr
    TuneIn Radio
    TuneIn Radio Pro
    Tweetbot
    Twitter
    Verbs IM
    Weather Network, The
    WhatsApp Messenger
    Weightbot
    Where's My Water?
    Wikipanion
    Wikipanion Plusn
    WinterBoard
    WordPress
    Words With Friends
    Zen Bound 2
    Zite Personalized Magazine

Plagiarism.

Thanks

Like I said.. That theme is not the so called "benchmark for all iOS themes" that's just good marketing for a crappy product.. Just like androids lol. Honestly I felt kinda robbed when the dude in the video said surenix is a legend and is the name of themes because honestly guys like Zausser, bars over beats, Krs, Fif7y, decke, Truck, and the bAd team have been around for much longer than surenix.

Banned
    Thanks

It wasn't iphonemasta was it lol. You could send him a stock icon set and a wallpaper and it's a must have lmao.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What are people using to theme the UI then, to go alongside all the Jaku icons?

I'm waiting for Evolution UI to work on 5.1.1 - but wondered if there was anything else out there worth looking at?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spookster View Post
    What are people using to theme the UI then, to go alongside all the Jaku icons?

I'm waiting for Evolution UI to work on 5.1.1 - but wondered if there was anything else out there worth looking at?
    Evolution does work and is what I use. It's been updated for 5.0+

Thanks

It wasn't iphonemasta was it lol. You could send him a stock icon set and a wallpaper and it's a must have lmao.
    Haha idk.. But whoever it needs to.. Umm to put it nicely get an MRI because something is def wrong with him lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    Dude did u watch that video review of ayecon? Lol talking about someone blowing smoke up someone's rear end! They said he's a legend and the name u think of when u think of iPhone themes lol. Clearly someone is riding someone's nuts .. Hard! Lol
    I just watched that and now I need to post one of those little vomit smiley faces.
    Personally I didn't like inPulse at all. And the iPod theme with that top bar made to appear like a window was junk. Not to mention it introduced a non-standard image that wouldn't go away (despite not being selected in WB) until the theme was deleted from the device.
    (This wasn't unique to my phone either. It happened to others as well.)

The 2x2 tweak is clever. I'll give him that but I hardly think the dude is 'setting the bar' for anything.

Ha!

Banned
    Thanks

Go read my review there lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Ninja View Post
    that's just good marketing
    Actually, how he writes (and wrote his product copy) is bad for marketing. You never want to call out everyone who makes similar products, even if you feel they make crap. His copy is written in a very arrogant tone, denigrating the hard work of other quality themers, who, as you rattle off, are quite numerous (and from my interaction with some of them, quite friendly and humble about their stuff). That won't sit well with most as people are quite good at reading between the lines.

His tone is what bugs me, especially when his "flagship" design elements ("fabric texture to the brushed metal volume scrubber") are straight out of Jaku. You'd think for someone who "borrowed" a lot of my style (in more ways than one), he would be a little more humble and a little less like "hey, no one was doing this before I got here." I'm happy to be a source of inspiration, but in that case, demonstrate some humility and maybe give a tip of the hat to those that influence your work.

I don't like how he talks. Most of the publicity he's trying to churn up is pretty transparent and artificial. And I don't like how he calls out other themers, like he's telling them all to sit down because he's here now and going to put us all in our place. I don't really get the sense he's humble enough for what he's producing. Big ego.

I make no comment on his artistic ability, just his discretion and general attitude.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (06-08-2012), radioBirdman (06-08-2012)