+ Reply
Page 338 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328336337338339340 348 388 438 838 1338 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,760 of 29888

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by dscottjr81 Is there a download for all of the community icons? Its a pain downloading one by one. Thanks Why do you need them all? No, is
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dscottjr81 View Post
    Is there a download for all of the community icons? Its a pain downloading one by one. Thanks
    Why do you need them all?
    No, is the answer you're looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I dont need them all but there are a number of alternates that I like and would like to switch out and see how they look on the phone for trial and error. As I said before it is a pain to download one by one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there a download for all of the community icons? Its a pain downloading one by one. Thanks
    I dont need them all but there are a number of alternates that I like and would like to switch out and see how they look on the phone for trial and error. As I said before it is a pain to download one by one.

Life is how you look at it. To me, I find it amazing and I'm incredibly grateful for all the icons people have made in the repo. Think about it. They've spent many minutes (sometimes hours) to make this awesome icon and the only part you have to do is download it and make a bundle! So easy
    Sure you could think OMG I have to do a little work. But imagine if there was no repo.. Imagine if there was no studs who were willing to make so many icons.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Life is how you look at it. To me, I find it amazing and I'm incredibly grateful for all the icons people have made in the repo. Think about it. They've spent many minutes (sometimes hours) to make this awesome icon and the only part you have to do is download it and make a bundle! So easy
    Sure you could think OMG I have to do a little work. But imagine if there was no repo.. Imagine if there was no studs who were willing to make so many icons.
    I dont need them bundled or anything with correct folder names and icon names so that I have no work to do. Neither am I complaining or ungrateful. In my opinion it would benefit to have them uploaded to photobucket or something of that nature for download as elliab does in other threads. As a matter of fact I like having my icons in a folder to place them where ever. Just my 2 cents. Being this isnt the case I will just download as I have been and be okay with that. Thanks
    Last edited by dscottjr81; 06-03-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

Lmao... I made the repo to help people who dont have time to spend digging for icons...but you take lazy to a whole new level. I know there are packs out there, but you wont find any here. The reason I didnt pack them up is because it strips all credit from the artists who made them. I'll have no part in that. Not to mention youll end up with a folder of 1700 randomly named icons that cant be searched. Its really not that hard to bundle them up yourself...we all did it...so dont expect any sympathy from us...sheesh

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (06-03-2012), jadaki (06-03-2012), nealh (06-03-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts

There is no all-n-one download. People have asked numerous times. You are welcome to download from the repo.

or you could make a download for the community.

I for one appreciate we have a repo that is kept up-to-date. I love to look at all the icons periodically. I have downloaded alot of them but no all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    Lmao... I made the repo to help people who dont have time to spend digging for icons...but you take lazy to a whole new level. I know there are packs out there, but you wont find any here. The reason I didnt pack them up is because it strips all credit from the artists who made them. I'll have no part in that. Not to mention youll end up with a folder of 1700 randomly named icons that cant be searched. Its really not that hard to bundle them up yourself...we all did it...so dont expect any sympathy from us...sheesh
    LOL! I said I have no problem downloading them the way I have been n my last post. Being that there are a number of Icons that I like, it would be easier to have a download for them. As I stated previously this isnt the case so I will continue to download them as I have been. I take it you wanted to have something to say because there is nothing in my post saying I wont download them without having a download or discrediting those who made the icons. A simple no there isnt one and the reasoning why is more beneficial than calling someone lazy for asking a question that makes something more convenient.

Thanks

LOL! I said I have no problem downloading them the way I have been n my last post. Being that there are a number of Icons that I like, it would be easier to have a download for them. As I stated previously this isnt the case so I will continue to download them as I have been. I take it you wanted to have something to say because there is nothing in my post saying I wont download them without having a download or discrediting those who made the icons. A simple no there isnt one and the reasoning why is more beneficial than calling someone lazy for asking a question that makes something more convenient.
    go check out the xda android forum. They scraped the site and put all the icons in a zip for you. Like I said before...the only problem I have with people doing this is that the people who spent the time making those icons for you will get absolutely no credit and its just conglomeration of randomly named icons impossible to search through...if you ask me...THATS a pain.

if you dont a have a problem with the way it is...dont call it a pain and people wont think youre just being lazy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    LOL.

As others said, the community puts in a tonne of work creating these icons and the icon makers would not get the credit they deserve if they were all thrown into one huge download.

Create two theme folders. Put one above Jaku in WB and one below.
    Then make bundles for the apps you want themed and download them via the (incredibly well maintained) repo.

The theme I run below Jaku (where most of my community icons live) currently has almost 130 icons in it.
    It takes a bit of work, but not nearly as much work as its taken Lok, bjbinc and all the others to create those icons (& the repo).

http://d.pr/i/VK2F

That's part of my collection. The 'higher' theme has a bunch too. I know which user created most of them too, thanks to the way the repo is set up

Edited to say that running two extra themes like that means you can leave your Jaku.theme folder alone and never need to touch it when Lok releases updates.

Last edited by radioBirdman; 06-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-03-2012)

Thanks

go check out the xda android forum. They scraped the site and put all the icons in a zip for you. Like I said before...the only problem I have with people doing this is that the people who spent the time making those icons for you will get absolutely no credit and its just conglomeration of randomly named icons impossible to search through...if you ask me...THATS a pain.

if you dont a have a problem with the way it is...dont call it a pain and people wont think youre just being lazy.
    With that being said, I can understand why it is the way it is. I bought this theme before it hit cydia and have been away from it for sometime until now. There are tons of nice icons for this theme so I do understand the credit aspect of it. Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dscottjr81 For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Im sorry if im being rude. Its just extremely frustrating to put as much effort as bankai and i do to keep that repo current, and then constantly hearing "why isnt there a complete package? Its a pain in *** to download icons...bla blah blah" (not just you...i hear it all the time). I could have EASILY packaged the icons into one zip. It would take a couple lines if code. But i set the repo up with the purpose of giving artists the credit they deserve.

With that being said, I can understand why it is the way it is. I bought this theme before it hit cydia and have been away from it for sometime until now. There are tons of nice icons for this theme so I do understand the credit aspect of it. Thanks
    Thanks
    Last edited by bjbinc; 06-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (06-03-2012)

Thanks

I always thought Jaku was exclusively sold in Cydia?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JimboHurt's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit: sorry I was behind. I needed to refresh

Thanks to bjbinc and bankai for keeping the repo up. You guys are awesome.

LLJ!!
    Last edited by JimboHurt; 06-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimboHurt For This Useful Post:

bankai44 (06-03-2012), bjbinc (06-03-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Blacksquatch's Avatar
    Thanks

I used to spend a lot of time over at the xda android forums when I had an EVO. Some of them are cool, but mostly they're scavengers who rip themes from apple artists and claim them and distribute that stuff for free. It's obscene. Not saying Apple users don't do this too, but this Jaku community has to be the coolest group of users I have ever had the pleasure of talking with with!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Agreed on both points

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

Blacksquatch (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Well said. While I don't contribute much (having sfa artistic talent) I sure appreciate those who do!
    Great bunch here.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-03-2012)

Thanks

I'm in a badge making mood. Made these for anyone looking for a minimal clean badge to use.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

Chaotic Buddhist (06-04-2012), harget (06-04-2012), nienque (02-03-2013), Supremesan (06-03-2012)

Thanks

I've been working on some loading screens for myself, and, if there was any interest in them, I would post them along with .psd's. Credit for the wallpaper goes to Sino84

Here's a preview: (Click to see a few more)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

amibo21 (06-04-2012), bankai44 (06-04-2012), harget (06-04-2012), JimboHurt (06-04-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jadaki's Avatar
    Thanks

@bjbinc

Wow that looks amazing. Very good work.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to jadaki For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Absolutely there would be some interest in these!! Great work.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksquatch For This Useful Post:

bjbinc (06-04-2012)