+ Reply
Page 30 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 40 80 130 530 1030 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 30022

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by bjbinc If you're going to change icons after release, you should leave past versions available as alts...just my opinion. I've been meaning to add this to the
...
  1. #581
    Theme Creator Lokheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    335
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    If you're going to change icons after release, you should leave past versions available as alts...just my opinion.
    I've been meaning to add this to the FAQ but just haven't found the time yet. So maybe this is a good a place as any to share my views on that. Firstly, ALTs only see sparse traffic compared to the default icon. Probably because not many are going to rummage through every single bundle looking for alternate versions. There's a white iPhone in Find my iPhone and not many know about to this day. I really don't want to spend 3 hours on something only 5% of users are going to see or use. That's not a good investment of my time.

    Secondly, it takes a considerably amount of effort packaging, organizing and generally maintaining Jaku (on the backend). I try to streamline the process as much as I can, but the level of organization required isn't trivial. I'd rather put my time into bringing you guys more goodies than wasting it on housekeeping.

    Thirdly, because of my insane drive for perfection, I go through an obscene number of iterations before deciding an icon is good enough to include in the set. Sometime I change my mind, or learn a new trick, or just want to revisit one. Naturally some people are going to get attached to the old one in such a case. But, as I said above, trying to appease everyone is just impossible. All I can do is continue to revise my work in keeping with my general style and hope that on the whole, it's working for people.

    Lastly, having ALTs or supplying older versions would open the floodgates for people to start requesting even the smallest of things, preventing me from making changes in the manner I have grown accustomed to. It is something that would end up consuming so much of my time, that I'd have to turn this into a full time job. Currently I spend all my free time on Jaku—hours a day—to bring you guys updates and continue to improve the theme (this is also outside of the Twitter support I offer). I'd like to get to everyone and have always kept a high level of customer service because I think it's the right way to stand behind your product. Personally, I hate when I have a question or issue and the developer or company doesn't address it promptly and satisfactorily. Supporting ALTs would cut into that several.

    I'm open to suggestions and expanding the theme, and fill requests regularly for new icons (that's where 99% of new icons come from). But having to manage alternates to appease a small subset of users at the detriment of the entire user base is something I just won't do. Especially when you guys have the power to make your own backups. All you have to do is rename the Jaku.theme folder to something else before you update. Then you can keep your own copies and never panic should something change that's not to your liking

    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Shelves are ok if you like that sort of thing but the bevel is all wrong. The 3D look just doesn't work. If the icon's are on a shelf how can you see a base?!

    Now if the icons were upside down, and you could see the top of the icon, that would make much more sense.
    I am there with you. Semantically, I will try to make it work. If I can't, then I won't release one. Which is why I won't make any promises. Just feeling things out.

    Personally, my perception of my home screen (and the icons in general) are inline with CB. They are "scrabble pieces" resting on a surface.
    Last edited by Lokheed; 02-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #582
    Master Modder bjbinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

    All I said was if icons are changed after release...leave the old version available. There's no extra work...the work has already been done...just don't remove it.
    Last edited by bjbinc; 02-18-2012 at 06:03 PM.

  3. #583
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Thanks
    1,457
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

    Keep doing what you do and were all happy Lok. Your artistic style and vision is far greater than most of us. I am happy with any style icon you make and only yours adorn my springboard. I use those made by myself and others in folders only. I personally would rather see icon updates than UI.

  4. #584
    Master Modder bjbinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

    I wouldn't even care...it's just that damn safari icon I had to search forever to get the black one back and it sorta aggravated me...and backups are useless to those who purchase the theme after you made the change.
    Last edited by bjbinc; 02-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.

  5. #585
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Gabbz83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 91 Times in 74 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Keep doing what you do and were all happy Lok. Your artistic style and vision is far greater than most of us. I am happy with any style icon you make and only yours adorn my springboard. I use those made by myself and others in folders only. I personally would rather see icon updates than UI.

    I agree with u, I really don't care much about UI

  6. #586
    Green Apple II Kronyx II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bradford | England
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Like these:


    Yeah man. The Cydia icon is just terrific. But the Mewseek icon is too colourful. Keep it real. Like the original and silver.

  7. #587
    Livin the iPhone Life Dalvar3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 943 Times in 415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbz83 View Post
    I agree with u, I really don't care much about UI
    me too, icons first please! thanks!

  8. #588
    Theme Creator sephiroth726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ain'tnoneyobizness
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,403
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,178 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    I've been meaning to add this to the FAQ but just haven't found the time yet. So maybe this is a good a place as any to share my views on that. Firstly, ALTs only see sparse traffic compared to the default icon. Probably because not many are going to rummage through every single bundle looking for alternate versions. There's a white iPhone in Find my iPhone and not many know about to this day. I really don't want to spend 3 hours on something only 5% of users are going to see or use. That's not a good investment of my time.

    Secondly, it takes a considerably amount of effort packaging, organizing and generally maintaining Jaku (on the backend). I try to streamline the process as much as I can, but the level of organization required isn't trivial. I'd rather put my time into bringing you guys more goodies than wasting it on housekeeping.

    Thirdly, because of my insane drive for perfection, I go through an obscene number of iterations before deciding an icon is good enough to include in the set. Sometime I change my mind, or learn a new trick, or just want to revisit one. Naturally some people are going to get attached to the old one in such a case. But, as I said above, trying to appease everyone is just impossible. All I can do is continue to revise my work in keeping with my general style and hope that on the whole, it's working for people.

    Lastly, having ALTs or supplying older versions would open the floodgates for people to start requesting even the smallest of things, preventing me from making changes in the manner I have grown accustomed to. It is something that would end up consuming so much of my time, that I'd have to turn this into a full time job. Currently I spend all my free time on Jaku—hours a day—to bring you guys updates and continue to improve the theme (this is also outside of the Twitter support I offer). I'd like to get to everyone and have always kept a high level of customer service because I think it's the right way to stand behind your product. Personally, I hate when I have a question or issue and the developer or company doesn't address it promptly and satisfactorily. Supporting ALTs would cut into that several.

    I'm open to suggestions and expanding the theme, and fill requests regularly for new icons (that's where 99% of new icons come from). But having to manage alternates to appease a small subset of users at the detriment of the entire user base is something I just won't do. Especially when you guys have the power to make your own backups. All you have to do is rename the Jaku.theme folder to something else before you update. Then you can keep your own copies and never panic should something change that's not to your liking



    I am there with you. Semantically, I will try to make it work. If I can't, then I won't release one. Which is why I won't make any promises. Just feeling things out.

    Personally, my perception of my home screen (and the icons in general) are inline with CB. They are "scrabble pieces" resting on a surface.
    Theming does take a considerable amount of time especially when you have a family like myself, I think what you've done here looks really nice and I'm glad you support it and continue to update it, dont let opinions bother you so much, everyone has one lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    Guys,

    I've been thinking about adding a new wallpaper to Jaku; something with shelves. If/when I do, would you guys like a version with three shelves (like the one above) and a standard four shelf model (for the default icon layout)?
    all of the above
    Last edited by sephiroth726; 02-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  9. #589
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,624
    Thanks
    2,671
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    I wouldn't even care...it's just that damn safari icon I had to search forever to get the black one back and it sorta aggravated me...and backups are useless to those who purchase the theme after you made the change.
    I know what you're saying. That aqua blue just looks so out of place. 1 blip on route to perfection!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

    bjbinc (02-19-2012)

  11. #590
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    may you please tell me what widget is this?

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by badassdes View Post
    So far this is what I have. Followed your suggestions guys and came out nice. Love this theme! The only icon I changed was Cydia. Status Bar from rion_j (thanks for the link).

    May someone tell me what widget is this?

    thanks a lot

  12. #591
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Icon for Cardiograph
    Jaku for iOS 5-icon-2x.png

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to iRampage For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (08-26-2012)

  14. #592
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 110 Times in 72 Posts

    Tried to follow you on twitter lok but you blocked me?

    Also having trouble changing any of the icons, using correct bundles and names but nothing seems to be changing at all, I've tried deleting the cache aswell.

    And lastly can anyone resize the 'what'sapp icon as its to big for messages which I'm using it for

    Thanks

  15. #593
    Livin the iPhone Life snakeeater01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    5,319
    Thanked 3,742 Times in 1,301 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by drenainoi View Post
    may you please tell me what widget is this?

    Thanks



    May someone tell me what widget is this?

    thanks a lot
    Hi Bud Widget caption 2

  16. #594
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater01 View Post
    Hi Bud Widget caption 2
    Thanks, but I can't really find it anywhere, may you please point me in the right direction?



    Thanks again

  17. #595
    iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 51 Times in 30 Posts

    I've done a few icons for this wonderful theme (20+). As I do more I will add to my "zip" found on my website. I've only been working on these for a few days and will no doubt be producing better versions with greater detail following the developers vision for this theme. I can already see a few errors in the "bevel perspective" which I will correct in the next few days.

    I zip them in bundle form. K2DesignLab.com


  18. #596
    Theme Creator Q_bAn_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    821
    Thanks
    1,619
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

    So I've been tinkering with a wall/widget idea. Is this something y'all would be interested in? It still needs some fine tuning. Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329673633.714336.jpg

    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4506/imageosco.jpg
    Last edited by Q_bAn_b; 02-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Q_bAn_b For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (08-26-2012)

  20. #597
    Pirate Monkey Ninja, M.D. Chaotic Buddhist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kenmore, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,666
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 798 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    So I've been tinkering with a wall/widget idea. Is this something y'all would be interested in? It still needs some fine tuning. Attachment 567000

    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4506/imageosco.jpg
    It's definitely the right direction. More of a drawer than a shelf.

  21. #598
    Master Modder bjbinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 834 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Q_bAn_b View Post
    So I've been tinkering with a wall/widget idea. Is this something y'all would be interested in? It still needs some fine tuning. Attachment 567000

    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4506/imageosco.jpg
    maybe get rid of the pencil

  22. #599
    Theme Creator Q_bAn_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    821
    Thanks
    1,619
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 480 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    It's definitely the right direction. More of a drawer than a shelf.
    Yea trying to match the angle, shelves don't really work well with the icon

    Quote Originally Posted by bjbinc View Post
    maybe get rid of the pencil
    Yea but the icons needed something to "lean" on. Otherwise they kinda looked like they were floating. Btw that pencil took some time to create

  23. #600
    Green Apple fabio m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    barcelona
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 152 Times in 40 Posts

    Edit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-icon-2x.png   Jaku for iOS 5-icon-2x.png  
    Last edited by fabio m; 02-19-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts