+ Reply
Page 2 of 1495 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Is there an icon PSD we could get? Thanks!
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is there an icon PSD we could get? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

One is coming yes. I have to work out the logistics/distribution details, but yes, I absolutely plan on giving you guys the ability to make your own icons!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    One is coming yes. I have to work out the logistics/distribution details, but yes, I absolutely plan on giving you guys the ability to make your own icons!
    Will it come with auto skinned app store icons? i couldnt get it to work. :/

Thanks

It actually does have an AppIconMask. But the icon mask stretches all the way to incorporate the bevel at the bottom. If it didn't, you have the same bevel on everything. And that would really take away from the theme.

To theme the icons in the App Store (and all the 3rd party icons that you have installed), you'd have to sacrifice the bevel at the bottom too. It won't affect the default apps because they don't use the mask, so you'd end up having to either make the defaults all grey to match, or have differing icons, again, which would only hurt Jaku's overall charm.

Plus, it really makes for poor icons. I think the theme works so well because everything is to meticulously designed. If I started cutting corners, Jaku would not be what it is today. As you can see in the image below:

Jaku for iOS 5-jk-base.jpg

The first 3 icons just don't work and that's probably representative of most of the icons in the App Store. Parts of them are clipped, the alignment of the borders are off; it's just a mess. Run Roo Run works okay, but again, look at the bottom bevel, it's just an ugly grey.

Unfortunately, you gotta make sacrifices. If I could code iOS to behave differently, I most certainly would fix these behaviors. But I can only change images. The way iOS works is beyond me. So I opted to make the icons on people's home screens beautiful. Because you don't really hang around in the App Store admiring all their icons

I hope that explains it for you and everyone else who was wondering.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (08-10-2012), oojayoo (01-25-2012)

Thanks

Well instead you ca nahve an overlay so that you have the gradient black to nothing. it would make the icons like rather nice then. but the problem i had was that hte overlay only went on some icons. Im sure a really expert themer could figure it out. I mean it just like getting the highlights on the icons. if other themers can get those highlights on the top of there icons i know you can make a mask that can add the black to transparent reflected gradient which will make almost all appstore icons fit this theme. Might just have to ask someone you know? cuz i dont have the time to make a bunch of new icons. And im sure you dont have the time to make all the icons for me. I hope this can be solved.

Thanks

Whether you use an overlay or the mask to achieve the bevel at the bottom, it won't make a difference. The results are the same. All icons will have the same grey bevel and all 3rd party icons just won't look good (as outlined above).

I understand that it's not ideal. Unfortunately the state of iPhone theming has it's limits; you gotta work with what you got. Believe me, I wrestled with this for a while and tried like hell to find a solution.

Thanks

Whether you use an overlay or the mask to achieve the bevel at the bottom, it won't make a difference. The results are the same. All icons will have the same grey bevel and all 3rd party icons just won't look good (as outlined above).

I understand that it's not ideal. Unfortunately the state of iPhone theming has it's limits; you gotta work with what you got. Believe me, I wrestled with this for a while and tried like hell to find a solution.

Well the icon overlay i made does give that gray effect....

the overlay works on the sleep cycle icon here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ImaBoss View Post
    Well the icon overlay i made does give that gray effect....

the overlay works on the sleep cycle icon here
    Yes. It's certainly passable there. But it doesn't work at all for Tap Tap 4. Nor will it work for any icon that doesn't have a simple background and glyph. It will also double up the bevel shading on all icons that have been themed.

You are free to of course use your overlay but I stand by my decision. Hope you understand

Thanks

Yes. It's certainly passable there. But it doesn't work at all for Tap Tap 4. Nor will it work for any icon that doesn't have a simple background and glyph. It will also double up the bevel shading on all icons that have been themed.

You are free to of course use your overlay but I stand by my decision. Hope you understand
    Yeah. :/ it only works on a few icons. its beyond me. I dunno someone else might be able to find something. But as of now I give up. I tryed adding the effect to the mask, shadow, and overlay but it still only did a select few icons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

It might just be me but I think the clock icon is a touch smaller than the others.

Thanks

Kraxik,

Just wanted to follow up with you. Made an Mmi icon. It'll be in the next version (1.1) which I'll send to Cydia later in the week. I want to let some of the load of initial JB'ers die down a little.

As for the clock icon, it's proper. Just your eyes playing tricks on you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-screen-shot-2012-01-23-2.33.58-pm.png  
    Last edited by Lokheed; 01-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Will definitely try this theme out.

Thanks

amazing icons bud! i cant stop looking at my phone and its crushing my battery life, lol. will you be taking icon requests? and i assume a themed dialer, etc are on the way?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rion_j For This Useful Post:

oojayoo (01-25-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mob87's Avatar
    Thanks

Love the icons. Will be waiting for the PSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rion_j View Post
    amazing icons bud! i cant stop looking at my phone and its crushing my battery life, lol. will you be taking icon requests? and i assume a themed dialer, etc are on the way?

Nice status bar dude, where to get it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Metunx View Post
    Nice status bar dude, where to get it?
    agreed! found the status bar on macrumors. credit: TaterTot
    Status Bar.theme.zip

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rion_j For This Useful Post:

cranko (03-22-2012), It's Mi (08-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rion_j View Post
    Hehe, thank you dude. I really appreciate the support and the kind words. Yes, more UI elements are coming. They are on my todo list. I will be pushing out an update later in the week that adds an LS keyboard and some more polish. I plan to push the UI in subsequent builds... along with more icons and as many goodies as I can cram into Jaku

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

sker@ (03-11-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

So wait you made these icons?? Cause I could've sworn I've seen some of them at dA..

Thanks
    Thanked 12,389 Times in 2,985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    So wait you made these icons?? Cause I could've sworn I've seen some of them at dA..
    yes this absolute 100 percent made by himself, this is not the same one that henfling H1.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReBourne For This Useful Post:

Lokheed (01-24-2012), oojayoo (01-25-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, I like 'em and I'm in. Great job dude.