+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by mrmyco Make a new folder in "My Jaku" called "Bundles" Then place all of those com.xxx.xxx folders in Bundles Thanks bud, that's what I was forgetting to
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrmyco View Post
    Make a new folder in "My Jaku" called "Bundles"
    Then place all of those com.xxx.xxx folders in Bundles
    Thanks bud, that's what I was forgetting to do

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nnfdcane For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Hmm... They mod for the cool guys. Here we've got that broomstick in the arse. And that superior attitude. Wait. Or is it William ?
    I don't see the comparison between modders on other themes and Jaku. This theme has a whole website dedicated to modders. I have said this before, and I don't mean to take away from Williams creation, but this theme has endured not because of the creator but because of the community. Without them, Jaku would have fallen into obscurity like so many others.

Look at Sublimity, that theme has amazing icons but without a community driven theme, people move on. I think Jaku has evolved way beyond the initial creation and now belongs to the community. My thoughts anyway.
    Last edited by Krima; 01-17-2014 at 07:14 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), AWSUM (01-18-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,528 Times in 1,741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone ie View Post
    @Alfroggy
    Are these icons available for Jaku
    For You [Free Christmas Gift]

Really like the angrybirds starwars
    Obi Wan Angry Birds Star Wars icon has just been added to the Jaku Repo. The others will follow when time permits. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Illustrator is mentioned a lot.
    I prefer MS Paint, but I occasionally open up AI

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), DjeTouch (01-18-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014), Iphone ie (01-17-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I don't see the comparison between modders on other themes and Jaku. This theme has a whole website dedicated to modders. I have said this before, and I don't mean to take away from Williams creation, but this theme has endured not because of the creator but because of the community. Without them, Jaku would have fallen into obscurity like so many others.

Look at Sublime, that theme has amazing icons but without a community driven theme, people move on. I think Jaku has evolved way beyond the initial creation and now belongs to the community. My thoughts anyway.
    Yes the icon repo is one of a kind and an amazing element of the theme. I referenced specifically widgets. If jaku has one thing that a lot of themes could benefit from its a slew of talented icon creators who love working within jaku's high expectation of excellence. Myself, froggy, and fresh are all referencing widget designers, which a lot of times people just call a "modder". Not being condescending also not speaking for either of them. I was commenting on how modders who create elaborate widgets and Iwidgets, or dock mods and statusbar mods etc etc, well known in the community. I think it's strange that I see jaku on their phone but never see them make an appearance and "release" a widget, or create something jaku inspired. I know it sounds like whining but it's just an observation. froggy and fresh, both regulars in this thread, (I think) know exactly what I mean because it's kinda noticeable to us. it feels like these big names love jaku but never contribute to jaku

Again please don't mistake that as entitlement. I'm really not trying to rustle any Jimmy's
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 01-17-2014 at 07:03 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,766 Times in 2,428 Posts

Again please don't mistake that as entitlement. I'm really not trying to rustle any Jimmy's
    Understood and trust me, I don't want you going anywhere near my "Jimmy".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014)

Thanks

Understood and trust me, I don't want you going anywhere near my "Jimmy".
    lookin a little rustled krima ImageUploadedByModMyi1389968395.049747.jpg

Perhaps I could suggest some light reading.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1389968416.661555.jpg

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,544 Times in 3,912 Posts

I think of @Sk37cHi
    He doesn't keep his techniques as close to the chest as Will does. He's happy to share his PSDs and files. Sk37cH made me a walk through to Illustrator but I was useless at putting it in practice. These Adobe programs really don't feel intuitive at all to the novice I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Obi Wan Angry Birds Star Wars icon has just been added to the Jaku Repo. The others will follow when time permits. Thank you.

I prefer MS Paint, but I occasionally open up AI
    Haha here he is. I'm late to it all lately.

Look at Sublimity, that theme has amazing icons but without a community driven theme, people move on. I think Jaku has evolved way beyond the initial creation and now belongs to the community. My thoughts anyway.
    Yeah, but what I meant about the cool guys is that on other threads, the creator does say a nice word when we're being nice, welcomes newcomers, salutes other theme makers when they pass by.

When Henftling dropped an icon on here, only us showed gratitude. You speak of community. See all that Bjbinc made for Jaku. I totally agree about this theme not reaching that proportion if the community wasn't there behind Jaku, filling requests in place of Lokheed and sharing mods and icons.

Schnedi did some mods for Jaku, but quickly got pissed.

I've been approached privately regarding this theme being handled the way it is : people merely policing what's shared and who's to be given credit for such and such thing, and William not giving (or showing) a f*ck except when his precious workis shared for free.

It totally eludes me seeing valuable contributors leave the thread without any sign from its author.

What I'm sure of is Henftling would be encouraging creators sharing stuff if it was Auros, as have Srioz, or BarsOverBeats, or Ulysseleviet on their respective threads.

Well, at least William Szilveszter has the right to take pride in the fact his art drives it all. No further effort is required of him. Just his art. Which speaks by itself

Oh it was you Joel I was replying to, I thought I was quoting Azjonnyg... I'm completely at a loss today lol

Yes the icon repo is one of a kind and an amazing element of the theme. I referenced specifically widgets. If jaku has one thing that a lot of themes could benefit from its a slew of talented icon creators who love working within jaku's high expectation of excellence. Myself, froggy, and fresh are all referencing widget designers, which a lot of times people just call a "modder". Not being condescending also not speaking for either of them. I was commenting on how modders who create elaborate widgets and Iwidgets, or dock mods and statusbar mods etc etc, well known in the community. I think it's strange that I see jaku on their phone but never see them make an appearance and "release" a widget, or create something jaku inspired. I know it sounds like whining but it's just an observation. froggy and fresh, both regulars in this thread, (I think) know exactly what I mean because it's kinda noticeable to us. it feels like these big names love jaku but never contribute to jaku

Yeah, they use Jaku cause it's really good looking. And kinda out of time. A true classic.

Running something on your phone will motivate you to mod stuff to match it. But sharing it on here ? No way. The place is deserted of what they look for.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-17-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (01-17-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014), Iphone ie (01-17-2014), Krima (01-17-2014), Sk37cH (01-17-2014)

Thanks

Well put froggy, agree on all fronts.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Both @Evad3r and @AR7 displayed it on twitter. Chances are high it's by the latter.
    Thanks Alfroggy. I had looked there before posting, but could not find it with the dock shown in the picture. I'm guessing it's probably separate. I miss being able to theme the dock.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jozef For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

Thanks

Anyone know bundle name and icon name for bitesms beta?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sker@ View Post
    Anyone know bundle name and icon name for bitesms beta?
    I've read it only requires Messages.app to be themed. Looks like I'm wrong.

Speaking of Messages being themed, the packs made available spot kinda match the Edius ChatKit bubbles would only affect the bubbles' shape on iOS 7. They are now masks handling these.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

Thanks

The messages app icon . Is theme. But when i install bitesms doesn't work

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sker@ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

Thanks

Try asking on Jato_BZ's iOS 607 theme guide thread...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sker@ View Post
    The messages app icon . Is theme. But when i install bitesms doesn't work
    In bitesms go to settings, then at the bottom go to "more options" or something like that, then it should have a toggle on what icon to use, select stock messaging app

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), sker@ (01-17-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Luiscastro23's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anybody know what's the new bundle name to theme the folders?

Thanks

In bitesms go to settings, then at the bottom go to "more options" or something like that, then it should have a toggle on what icon to use, select stock messaging app
    Thanx a lot that one works !!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sker@ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), Azjonnyg (01-17-2014)

Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1389977952.913004.jpg

Hi there,

I have a copy and paste Icon-Request.
    Thank You!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddl For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014)

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,067 Times in 2,387 Posts

Personally, I was blown away by the artistry of the icons when I first laid eyes on this. I will agree that it was quite intimidating. This type of theme will bring out true artists. I for one know that creating one icon for this can take hours which makes some just give up or not finish. I can't complain about the publicity of it though. Seems as if a lot of wonderful images have been created.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ellersbee For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), Asator (01-18-2014), Azjonnyg (01-17-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-17-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone surr3a1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bgattis View Post
    I thought I saw something on here but now I can't find it. Is there a way to fix the icons from reverting back to the old style for a split second when you close an app?
    I believe that you have to disable the movement. I had this issue and now it is gone after I did that. I kind of enjoyed the moving background but it seems to cause more issues than I could put up with.
    .:Be Like No Other:. // surr3a1.iphone.blog

34. The Following User Says Thank You to surr3a1 For This Useful Post:

bgattis (01-17-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surr3a1 View Post
    I believe that you have to disable the movement. I had this issue and now it is gone after I did that. I kind of enjoyed the moving background but it seems to cause more issues than I could put up with.
    Install IconBundles from Cydia. It should help. No need to have "IconBundles" folder in your Jaku folder. Just try to install the tweak on its own and see if that helps ;D

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Verisae For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-17-2014), bgattis (01-17-2014), surr3a1 (01-17-2014)