+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Little changes ImageUploadedByModMyi1389129264.824650.jpg
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me HummusGod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    What's your device ?
    iPhone 5. Was JB before but had to get a new device which came pre-installed with iOS7. Crappy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HummusGod For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Since you're not on a A7 device you can apply Jaku through WB. It uses Iconbundles though, which can be downloaded from Cydia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Streebs87 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,313 Times in 3,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HummusGod View Post
    iPhone 5.
    Then you can download Jaku from Cydia. Along with it you'll get WinterBoard, libhide, pincrush, and IconBundles.

Once you'll have all that installed and your phone's booted back, you can access your files in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/Jaku Classic.theme/
    Most part of Lok's icons are now in the IconBundles folder there.
    To get your app's icon to be themed, include its Jaku'd out icon in that IconBundles folder and name it as your app's CFBundleIdentifier (which you can look up in Cydia in the package details, or in the Info.plist of the app's folder, or using AppInfo), and add '@2x.png' as file extension.

Respring in WinterBoard.

Lots of stuff on iOS 7 is coded or images serve as masks. A pain to theme. Perhaps will WinterBoard's update make it all different again.

Ha and if iFile isn't enough for this file manipulating and you ssh or cable-browse into your device from your PC you might want to install afc2add in Cydia too otherwise your i5 will appear as jailed.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-07-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

HummusGod (01-07-2014), jadaki (01-08-2014), Laxu (01-11-2014), P0R7ER (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Then you can download Jaku from Cydia. Along with it you'll get WinterBoard, libhide, pincrush, and IconBundles.

Once you'll have all that installed and your phone's booted back, you can access your files in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/Jaku Classic.theme/
    To get your app's icon to be themed, include its Jaku'd out icon in that IconBundles folder and name it as your app's CFBundleIdentifier (which you can look up in Cydia in the package details, or in the Info.plist of the app's folder, or using AppInfo, and add '@2x.png' as file extension.

Respring in WinterBoard.

Lots of stuff on iOS 7 is coded or image serve as masks. A pain to theme. Perhaps will WinterBoard's update make it all different again.

Ha and if iFile isn't enough for this file manipulating and you ssh or cable-browse into your device from your PC you might want I install afc2add in Cydia too otherwise your i5 will appear as jailed.
    Thanks i feel like a newbie again smh I can't wait for a WB update if there will be one. Thanks again

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HummusGod For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,123 Posts

Just wanna say a big quick thanks to Alfroggy you've been on this thread since I can remember, give out all this help and tutorials links etc been really helpful and haven't complained once ( from what iv seen anyway 😀 lol ) from me and proberly others thank you 👊👍

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to P0R7ER For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014), andresito85 (01-08-2014), broflok (01-08-2014), chevymusclecar (01-07-2014), DjeTouch (01-08-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-07-2014), Jennimoaddict (01-07-2014), Laxu (01-11-2014), sigmachi1012 (01-07-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jennimoaddict's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P0R7ER View Post
    Just wanna say a big quick thanks to Alfroggy you've been on this thread since I can remember, give out all this help and tutorials links etc been really helpful and haven't complained once ( from what iv seen anyway 😀 lol ) from me and proberly others thank you 👊👍
    Agreed 👊

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennimoaddict For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014), chevymusclecar (01-07-2014), P0R7ER (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P0R7ER View Post
    Just wanna say a big quick thanks to Alfroggy you've been on this thread since I can remember, give out all this help and tutorials links etc been really helpful and haven't complained once ( from what iv seen anyway �� lol ) from me and proberly others thank you ����
    Agreed also! Only reason I know how to make an icon.

To get your app's icon to be themed, include its Jaku'd out icon in that IconBundles folder and name it as your app's CFBundleIdentifier (which you can look up in Cydia in the package details, or in the Info.plist of the app's folder, or using AppInfo), and add '@2x.png' as file extension.

Respring in WinterBoard.

Lots of stuff on iOS 7 is coded or images serve as masks. A pain to theme. Perhaps will WinterBoard's update make it all different again.

Ha and if iFile isn't enough for this file manipulating and you ssh or cable-browse into your device from your PC you might want to install afc2add in Cydia too otherwise your i5 will appear as jailed.
    Does this also apply to a 5S? I'm guessing not, but wanted to ask before I got to work on it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sigmachi1012 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

Thanks

👊 pleasure's all mine.

And I've been complaining about attitudes, believe me. Too bad old soldiers like bjbinc, iGeriya, Akrimmer, Blacksquatch, Bankai44, Jimbohurt, ChaoticBuddhist and radioLiam aren't much on here. Oh, and Lokheed.

Sino as well. I can see Jadaki lurking. Anonymous isn't far away.

darkenmyday came back, Aransh stilled active in the jailbreak scene. Fr3shJiv3 has learned a lot with filling that bunch of icon requests we used to have.

Contributors with great potential stay away from this theme/thread. Too bad.

But we have nice artists still. DjéTouch. And Bryan still tweaking Jakurepo.

Jakurepo.com. Dropping Jaku simply is unthinkable.
    Free. For all devices.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

DjeTouch (01-08-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-07-2014), jadaki (01-08-2014)

Thanks

Any way to make the default ios7 icons to stop showing when selecting apps?

I know its a bug with WB and jaky using iconbundles but i have some ios themes that dont do that. Even my ios6 jaku folder i had saved from while back doesn't do it but obviously icons aren't shaped correctly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sigmachi1012 View Post
    Agreed also! Only reason I know how to make an icon.

Does this also apply to a 5S? I'm guessing not, but wanted to ask before I got to work on it.
    Thanks guys, I'm truly humbled.

Nope, the 5S asks for replacing (renamed for backup) icons one by one it the original apps' folders, as WinterBoard is broken on 64-Bit.

Any way to make the default ios7 icons to stop showing when selecting apps?

I know its a bug with WB and jaky using iconbundles but i have some ios themes that dont do that. Even my ios6 jaku folder i had saved from while back doesn't do it but obviously icons aren't shaped correctly.
    People have reported reducing motion in Accessibility settings fixes this.
    Free. For all devices.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-07-2014), Laxu (01-11-2014)

Thanks

Thanks guys, I'm truly humbled.

Nope, the 5S asks for replacing (renamed for backup) icons one by one it the original apps' folders, as WinterBoard is broken on 64-Bit.
    Sounds good! Guess I'll give it whirl and see what I can do. I've done two already, and I get a black border. I'll get a picture posted here in a bit.

Here's what I came up with so far. Started with the default camera icon. Replaced the icon in the default theme folder for the camera. Named the file "Camera@2x~iphone.png"

Last edited by sigmachi1012; 01-07-2014 at 03:33 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sigmachi1012 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrmyco's Avatar
    Thanks

Has there been a tutorial on how to switch out icons/theming on iOS7 Jaku yet. From what iv'e been reading on twitter the dock is coded in and can't be modified and changing icons is different now.
    The dock can be modified with dockshift, though only includes blur and transparency effects. It can probably modified with custom images in the future

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mrmyco For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Sounds good! Guess I'll give it whirl and see what I can do. I've done two already, and I get a black border. I'll get a picture posted here in a bit.
    On an A7 device, I recommend you to rename the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png (for example by adding an underscore in front) in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/ so that iOS doesn't use it.

Ha and application icons ALL need to be on a 120x120-pixel canvas. Lokheed incorporated an icon shadow to compensate for the lack of one on springboard on iOS 7.

Using m.jakurepo.com 's Icon Resizer works a treat for transforming legacy Jaku icons to that iOS 7 template.

There isn't any differentiation in icon size and masking between system applications, AppStore apps, or web clips now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmyco View Post
    The dock can be modified with dockshift, though only includes blur and transparency effects. It can probably modified with custom images in the future
    TransparentDock works too. Less options, but I feel tweaks will quickly add on in order to theme this firmware.

Let's wait for iOS 7.1 to get out of beta and WinterBoard to receive updates... We shall see.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-07-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    Free. For all devices.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

sigmachi1012 (01-07-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Toolysenegal's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me where to get this iconoclasm layout from ? ImageUploadedByModMyi1389134262.290498.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toolysenegal View Post
    Can anyone tell me where to get this iconoclasm layout from ? Attachment 650736
    From the poster ? On Dune thread ?
    Free. For all devices.

Thanks

From the poster ? On Dune thread ?
    I couldn't find the iconoclasm lay out I just found this picture on best cydia themes

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolysenegal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't find the iconoclasm lay out I just found this picture on best cydia themes
    Install HomeScreenDesigner and you will be able to make your own. He decided to make Iconoclasm and the layout designer all in one app. Works great.

I also wish those talented PS guys were still around. From what I saw though is that people were either to critical of others or to sensitive to what idiots say on here. I wish I could do the things that I've seen them do 😁

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-07-2014), Toolysenegal (01-07-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    Install HomeScreenDesigner and you will be able to make your own. He decided to make Iconoclasm and the layout designer all in one app. Works great.

I also wish those talented PS guys were still around. From what I saw though is that people were either to critical of others or to sensitive to what idiots say on here. I wish I could do the things that I've seen them do 😁
    I did that but it doesn't come out like that. 😒

Thanks

Here's what I came up with so far. Started with the default camera icon.
    1. Is the icon in the new 120x120px format ?
    2. Did you rename the AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png so it isn't applied ?
    It is in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/
    in the default theme folder
    3. So you did it through a WinterBoard theme ?
    4. Do you have the latest Jaku installed ?

I did that but it doesn't come out like that. 😒
    Use the screenshot as centred background during the iconDesigner layout building/saving process and superimpose your app icons onto it before applying the layout.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 01-07-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Free. For all devices.