+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Wondering why modders who release springboard HTML themes, which use an overlay. Don't simply name it as the wallpaper gradient? Unless there is some issue I'm not seeing this is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Wondering why modders who release springboard HTML themes, which use an overlay. Don't simply name it as the wallpaper gradient? Unless there is some issue I'm not seeing this is the answer to all those "add it to the wallpaper in PS" situations"

ImageUploadedByModMyi1377026610.200939.jpg

That is an overlay as wallpaper gradient over igeriya's wooden wall which I'm using as a scrolling parallax wall. This should be the "go to" option...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life TeddyDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,869 Times in 875 Posts

Azjonnyg, hope you are doing good! Just wondering how that beautiful LS was going that you were working on? Don't mean to bother or change subjects, just thought I would ask. Thank ya!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,540 Times in 3,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Wondering why modders who release springboard HTML themes, which use an overlay. Don't simply name it as the wallpaper gradient? Unless there is some issue I'm not seeing this is the answer to all those "add it to the wallpaper in PS" situations"

Attachment 646377

That is an overlay as wallpaper gradient over igeriya's wooden wall which I'm using as a scrolling parallax wall. This should be the "go to" option...
    Very resourceful man ! Even more so for those of us not using WinterBoard for theming !
    Originally Posted by vXBaKeRXv
    This dude people is nothing but negative. "ALFROGGY"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

Thanks

I really can't find a fault. It observes transparency, fits perfectly with a 640x1136 graphic, and has no color restrictions. It's hard to believe this late in the theming game a lowly modder could discover something new... There must be a fault with it somewhere. Oh well :-). It has remedied a long time desire of mine to have an overlay with scrolling wallpaper and no ugly HTML black screen :-D

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyDiesel View Post
    Azjonnyg, hope you are doing good! Just wondering how that beautiful LS was going that you were working on? Don't mean to bother or change subjects, just thought I would ask. Thank ya!
    Man I was thinking about you specifically with the LS. As it is my nature to get distracted I was putting the finishing touches on it and now with the release of "weather widget" I'm currently converting it to use the new tweak. I'm still working on it and if you like I can give you the old version, however it is accuweather/iPhone 5 only (hence the delayed release :-P) I should be finishing up the conversion soon though. Thanks for your interest though man. Feels good to know I created something people want :-D
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 08-20-2013 at 02:20 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013), TeddyDiesel (08-20-2013)

Thanks

I really can't find a fault. It observes transparency, fits perfectly with a 640x1136 graphic, and has no color restrictions. It's hard to believe this late in the theming game a lowly modder could discover something new... There must be a fault with it somewhere. Oh well :-). It has remedied a long time desire of mine to have an overlay with scrolling wallpaper and no ugly HTML black screen :-D
    You certainly haven't been the first.

I've tried using a semi transparent full-screen image as [email protected] in UIKit.framework in a theme I'd enable at night as a means to dim my display even more as a workaround to f.lux or Dimmer but it displays only in LS and SB. My find was useless as a workaround while yours is great !
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 08-20-2013 at 02:42 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life TeddyDiesel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,869 Times in 875 Posts

Man I was thinking about you specifically with the LS. As it is my nature to get distracted I was putting the finishing touches on it and now with the release of "weather widget" I'm currently converting it to use the new tweak. I'm still working on it and if you like I can give you the old version, however it is accuweather/iPhone 5 only (hence the delayed release :-P) I should be finishing up the conversion soon though. Thanks for your interest though man. Feels good to know I created something people want :-D[/QUOTE]

It's an amazing LS! You should be very proud to make something that looks awesome!! Take all the time that you need! I have been messing around with some things as well since the new "weather widget" tweak dropped a few days ago. Of course, mine looks like a 5th grader took a bunch of letters and numbers, and threw them in tornado. Haha. If you want to share the other one, that would be great! But if it's going to throw you off track with the new one, I don't mind waiting one bit. Thanks for the reply and for the sweet work you do!

Oops: Tried to edit your quote, and failed. My bad.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013), Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

Thanks

Also I've used that page depth indicator "tweak" before and it is essentially a wall gradient. I just never realized it could be a full color png. Always thought it was restricted to grayscale. Oh we'll :-). Do you use f.lux at all? That has saved my eyes countless times

Oops re read and saw that you do use flux n/m

We'll = well damn autocorrect changes that every time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013)

Thanks

I deal with French autocorrect, even worse

Thanks

Your English is superb. I know how to say one cuss word in French. MAIRD. and I think I butchered the spelling...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013)

Thanks

Lol you did. And merci.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sker@ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-20-2013), Azjonnyg (08-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello everyone! It's E34 from the repo. All this time I've been a part of the repo and never bothered to share my setup using these awesome icons so I figured I might as well now hope I don't get too much hate for being on Android

Currently working on my own theme and IMO they fit perfectly, until I make my own set to go with the theme that is

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SMN Design For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMN Design View Post
    Hello everyone! It's E34 from the repo. All this time I've been a part of the repo and never bothered to share my setup using these awesome icons so I figured I might as well now hope I don't get too much hate for being on Android

Hi. We've discussed several times, thanks for dropping by, and for your massive submission/requests filling you've been doing on Jakurepo.

What's questionable with you being on Android is the legibility of your original Jaku icons in your setup you wouldn't have had a means to buy Jaku.

Thanks

Exactly^^ the device you own is irrelevant. What is a constant debate here is protection of the theme and curbing piracy

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-21-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone have an idea how to make a widget look just like this? It's one of the uni widgets but its heavily modified by Max.

http://i.imgur.com/k9e6kcF.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Hi. We've discussed several times, thanks for dropping by, and for your massive submission/requests filling you've been doing on Jakurepo.

What's questionable with you being on Android is the legibility of your original Jaku icons in your setup you wouldn't have had a means to buy Jaku.
    Exactly^^ the device you own is irrelevant. What is a constant debate here is protection of the theme and curbing piracy
    I originally bought the theme a while ago when I still had an iPod. Sadly it broke and I lost everything from the theme but a friend of mine who I had recommended the theme to ended up getting it (Not sure if he did pirate it or not, I didn't think to ask any questions at the time) and he gave me the PSD file, hence my uploads to the repo, and a few of the icons I wanted from the theme. Thinking of it now, some of the icons I've collected came from someone sending me a PM that sent me to this thread ([icons] "Androids Revenge" - xda-developers) and there's a mediafire link to a zip of a ton of Jaku icons, if I remember correctly there's some from the paid theme in it too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    Anyone have an idea how to make a widget look just like this? It's one of the uni widgets but its heavily modified by Max.

http://i.imgur.com/k9e6kcF.jpg
    You should be able to find this mod on the uni thread. If its an older mod you'll need to port it, mainly the CSS information. Looks like its mostly overlay though. Sorry but you'll have to do some digging in the uniaw thread

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-21-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (08-21-2013)

Thanks

Anyone know how to download full albums on photobucket ? I'm trying to download some of elilab icons from his photobucket, but i can\t seem to find how to download a full album but only one by one ..... TIA

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

I will keep digging for sure!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by od_high View Post
    Anyone know how to download full albums on photobucket ? I'm trying to download some of elilab icons from his photobucket, but i can\t seem to find how to download a full album but only one by one ..... TIA
    Photobucket on mobile is awful. I love that resource from elialb but can't stand the interface. My advice would be try it on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    I will keep digging for sure!
    Sorry didn't post any info on it for ya. It's a mod by Max pain probably labeled as Sb mod, I think the last compatible version was with Uniaw 6.3 or 6.2. Most likely .2 find Max on twitter that may help, also look for Marty mcflys posts as he ports max mods to i4. That may help you track it down

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-22-2013)