+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Old news to many im sure but i hit the motherlode of circle minimal icons on deviantart lol. Gonna be playing with jellylock for the rest of the night. Me
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Old news to many im sure but i hit the motherlode of circle minimal icons on deviantart lol. Gonna be playing with jellylock for the rest of the night. Me right now...

ImageUploadedByModMyi1368070157.630134.jpgImageUploadedByModMyi1368070166.183730.jpg

Love the iron man icon, looks amazing when near Lok's infinity blade icon from edius. Currently using atom but where the jellylock update improved the tweak atom's update has damn near ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    Not sure it was directed towards me but I have no clue who they are.

I found this background on Reddit.

Attachment 636912

Attachment 636913

Attachment 636914
    Google genso84 i5ive tumblr or follow him on twitter, also google iar7 deviantart. Both put out amazing wallpapers and iar7 has been histling em out lately
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 05-08-2013 at 09:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-08-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (05-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    this is completely off topic and I apologize but I've searched all over and just found misleading info..but how do you guys get rid of the "other" data on your phones? I have about 2gb of it and I don't know if that's normal or not but I was wondering if I could shrink it down somehow
    Yes, this is really normal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

darkenmyday (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marvtheevil1 View Post
    Hello to all. Can anybody tell me what's the best way to theme icons that are not themed on jaku?
    First I'd recommend you NOT to mod the original Jaku theme.

Instead, create your own theme folder you'll enable in WinterBoard ABOVE Jaku.

This in order to prevent updates done through Cydia (hoping William Szilveszter gets back at keeping pushing them ) won't overwrite the changes you're bringing. You'll thus not need to repeat the customizing task over and over after every update Jaku will undergo.

Now, to create that custom theme, in iFile, under /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/, create a new folder you name however you please (I named mine '0. Jaku Add-Ons'). Append '.theme' to that name (mine is '0. Jaku Add-Ons.theme').

In that new folder you've just made, create another one you want to name 'Bundles'. Respect the case.

Go to your app's Info.plist

If it's an application you installed through the AppStore, its app folder is located under /var/mobile/Applications/

The 'Info.plist' is within a folder whose name ends in '.app', inside the application's folder.

In order to have the applications' names shown, you need to enable that option in iFile's settings. Tap the gear icon, low left corner in the navigation bar within iFile to reach those settings.

iOS default apps and Cydia's would be in /var/stash/Applications.XXXXX/

Open the Info.plist with the PropertyList viewer. This will ensure a backup is automatically generated on an unwanted edit you'd make to the file. Editing as text file wouldn't save the original plist.

Copy the text under 'CFBundleIdentifier'

Now that's what you want to name the folder in the 'Bundles' folder of your custom theme.

In my case it'd be in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/0. Jaku Add-Ons.theme/Bundles/

Now within that CFBundleIdentifier string folder you'll need to drop the Jaku'd icon.

It'll need to be sized 114x114px if it's for an app you installed through the AppStore, and 118x120px for the default iOS apps and apps/tweaks installed through Cydia.

It'll also need to be appropriately named, according to how it's named in the original application's folder.

From the Info.plist again, the 'CFBundleIconFiles' array now is what you're looking for.

Select the theme in WinterBoard, it should already be above the lot.
    if it isn't, drag it above '2. Jaku Essentials', after you selected it and respring WITHIN WinterBoard.

This method doesn't need WinterBoard's 'SummerBoard' option to be toggled 'ON'. Keep it off instead as it's a memory hog.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Bolden (05-09-2013), nnfdcane (05-09-2013), sickchris714 (05-09-2013), Sk37cH (05-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seagram For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013), GAIAStevef (05-09-2013), JerryCooP (06-14-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone techRn's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know how to put letters below city that I can not see well
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1368084009.665123.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seagram View Post
    hY Seagram,

Nice LS as always, i really like your style, could you tell me which clock it is and share that amazing looking wallpaper ;-)

Thanks bud.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isostar View Post
    hY Seagram,

Nice LS as always, i really like your style, could you tell me which clock it is and share that amazing looking wallpaper ;-)

Thanks bud.
    Thanx...
    Its Ls Vignetti v.1 on Deviantart

Last edited by Seagram; 05-09-2013 at 03:52 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seagram For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013), isostar (05-09-2013)

Thanks

I want to make an icon for Dots (awesome free game, you should check it out), but I don't want to do a copy/paste job. Does anybody have any ideas for a cool icon?

Here's what the stock icon looks like: http://cdniphone.i-culture.nl/wp-con.../dots-game.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    I want to make an icon for Dots (awesome free game, you should check it out), but I don't want to do a copy/paste job. Does anybody have any ideas for a cool icon?

Here's what the stock icon looks like: http://cdniphone.i-culture.nl/wp-con.../dots-game.jpg
    I was just gonna ask the same thing! It's a great game!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 Times in 326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techRn View Post
    Anyone know how to put letters below city that I can not see well
    Attachment 637180
    You need to change your layout

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennimoaddict For This Useful Post:

sker@ (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    First I'd recommend you NOT to mod the original Jaku theme.

Instead, create your own theme folder you'll enable in WinterBoard ABOVE Jaku.

This in order to prevent updates done through Cydia (hoping William Szilveszter gets back at keeping pushing them ) won't overwrite the changes you're bringing. You'll thus not need to repeat the customizing task over and over after every update Jaku will undergo.

Now, to create that custom theme, in iFile, under /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/, create a new folder you name however you please (I named mine '0. Jaku Add-Ons'). Append '.theme' to that name (mine is '0. Jaku Add-Ons.theme').

In that new folder you've just made, create another one you want to name 'Bundles'. Respect the case.

Go to your app's Info.plist

If it's an application you installed through the AppStore, its app folder is located under /var/mobile/Applications/

The 'Info.plist' is within a folder whose name ends in '.app', inside the application's folder.

In order to have the applications' names shown, you need to enable that option in iFile's settings. Tap the gear icon, low left corner in the navigation bar within iFile to reach those settings.

iOS default apps and Cydia's would be in /var/stash/Applications.XXXXX/

Open the Info.plist with the PropertyList viewer. This will ensure a backup is automatically generated on an unwanted edit you'd make to the file. Editing as text file wouldn't save the original plist.

Copy the text under 'CFBundleIdentifier'

Now that's what you want to name the folder in the 'Bundles' folder of your custom theme.

In my case it'd be in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/0. Jaku Add-Ons.theme/Bundles/

Now within that CFBundleIdentifier string folder you'll need to drop the Jaku'd icon.

It'll need to be sized 114x114px if it's for an app you installed through the AppStore, and 118x120px for the default iOS apps and apps/tweaks installed through Cydia.

It'll also need to be appropriately named, according to how it's named in the original application's folder.

From the Info.plist again, the 'CFBundleIconFiles' array now is what you're looking for.

Select the theme in WinterBoard, it should already be above the lot.
    if it isn't, drag it above '2. Jaku Essentials', after you selected it and respring WITHIN WinterBoard.

This method doesn't need WinterBoard's 'SummerBoard' option to be toggled 'ON'. Keep it off instead as it's a memory hog.
    Thanks for explaining that. Sometimes app info doesn't have all the names. I knew you could find it this way, just wasn't really sure exactly how. Thanks again

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nnfdcane For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post

Theres those candies "dots" they are kinda cheap halloween candy nowadays. Could make for some cool 3d as well as sticking to a similar/the same color scheme.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_(candy)

Also looks like candy buttons

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Buttons

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Ooo, hadn't heard of either of those, thanks for the suggestions

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,266 Times in 3,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techRn View Post
    Hi grettings what is the path for changed these icons of settings?
    Attachment 637120
    Those are very nice!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

So I put together a Jaku theme for my iPad mini prior to the release of Jaku for Retina iPad. I'm not sure if they plan on making one for non retina devices or not but I have someone that PM'd me asking if I can provide my version that I made up. He says he bought Jaku but in my eyes that doesnt matter to me because that is for the iPhone. I would be fine with sharing but damn did I put in a lot of time making it up and I'm not sure if I have everything correctly made up. Should I or can I share it? If Will is releasing a non retina version I won't share mine.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-09-2013), radioBirdman (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Can someone make this same icon but with this album art real quick? THANKS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jaku for iOS 5-1362809665_118.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    So I put together a Jaku theme for my iPad mini prior to the release of Jaku for Retina iPad. I'm not sure if they plan on making one for non retina devices or not but I have someone that PM'd me asking if I can provide my version that I made up. He says he bought Jaku but in my eyes that doesnt matter to me because that is for the iPhone. I would be fine with sharing but damn did I put in a lot of time making it up and I'm not sure if I have everything correctly made up. Should I or can I share it? If Will is releasing a non retina version I won't share mine.
    He will not be releasing a theme for anything non retina

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nnfdcane For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (05-09-2013), radioBirdman (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 993 Posts

I would send it to will, then he can release it, I would defo buy it, im gutted that it wasn't for all versions to be honest.

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

Thanks
    Thanked 8,046 Times in 3,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P0R7ER View Post
    I would send it to will, then he can release it, I would defo buy it, im gutted that it wasn't for all versions to be honest.
    He won't release anything resized either.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-09-2013), Fr3shJ1v3 (05-09-2013), radioBirdman (05-09-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HummusGod View Post
    Can someone make this same icon but with this album art real quick? THANKS!
    hey I made one with that album art a while back cause someone requested it..I'll see if I can find it

35. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (05-09-2013)