Page 124 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114122123124125126 134 174 224 624 1124 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 30453

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

  1. #2461
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    im not too good with photoshop so i think moving the line might be to much for me

    but im looking into changing the bezel colour. How do i get it to match the icon colour ?

    2nd attempt

    have a feeling i done the bezel all wrong but it seems to work...... i think

    -newicon-2x.png
    Last edited by Westside83uk; 04-06-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2462
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    806
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 435 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    im not too good with photoshop so i think moving the line might be to much for me

    but im looking into changing the bezel colour. How do i get it to match the icon colour ?

    2nd attempt

    have a feeling i done the bezel all wrong but it seems to work...... i think

    -newicon-2x.png
    The top line gives it a sort of effect. No special need to be removed. To change the color I suggest you to add a new layer above the Bevel Layer and to fill it with the color u used for the Base. Then double click the Bevel Layer to access the Layer effect pop up window. Find the "Gradient" in the left menu, double click (ou just click I don't remember I'm so used to it) on the gradient stripe and then adjust to your liking . TIP : the middle (which gives an highlight effect) shouldn't really be lighter than the base. But only a bit darker.

    EIT : I don't what you've done but the bevel is all gone now. It's like you added a new layer shaped after the bevel but disabled the bevel layer. Clip your layer to the bevel layer (right click > add clipping mask)
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

    Westside83uk (04-06-2012)

  4. #2463
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    I would remove that line at the top and color the bezel accordingly. Otherwise looks good.
    iConcur...

  5. #2464
    -img_3909.png My setup...feat. Zoo's widget!

  6. #2465
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    im not too good with photoshop so i think moving the line might be to much for me

    but im looking into changing the bezel colour. How do i get it to match the icon colour ?

    2nd attempt

    have a feeling i done the bezel all wrong but it seems to work...... i think

    I'd probably do it like this....
    -mma.png

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    Westside83uk (04-06-2012)

  8. #2466
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    my phorshop skills will never be to that standard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    my phorshop skills will never be to that standard
    Oh its not as hard as it looks. He just added a little bevel, some shadows, and a nice gradient to the background...you just need patience and the will to learn

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

    Chaotic Buddhist (04-06-2012), iGeriya (04-06-2012)

  11. #2468
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    i want to learn but the best my skills got on making icons where back on a theme called illumine

    is there anywhere i can get a guide on bevels ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #2469
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    my phorshop skills will never be to that standard
    Oh, I don't know that I agree. I'm not a graphics guy at all. I'm a systems engineer by day and a musician at night. I just know a couple tricks.

    I took the first good size icon I found on Google, dropped it into Photoshop, I copied the MMA and pasted them into another layer. I did an Inner Shadow and a Bevel and Emboss. I tweaked them a little here and there and when it looked good, I merged visible to prevent the layer effects from being lost. Then I resized it to fit the Jaku template. Aligned it, copied the layer and dropped it in between the base and the bevel and created a clipping mask.

    I've attached what it should look like.

    -screen-shot-2012-04-06-4.39.32-pm.png

    Almost no skill at all. Now William or Bryan, these guys have serious skill. I'm an amateur in their midst...

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaotic Buddhist For This Useful Post:

    phrekaru (04-06-2012), Westside83uk (04-06-2012)

  14. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post


    Skyfire Web Browser
    Another really nice icon,thank you!

    I have used Suave and then Sauve HD theme (Love clean and simple) for the last 2/3 years and never came accross anything that remotely made me want to change theme,then I came accross Jaku and within 5 minutes of seeing it I bought it and started changing all the icons for my apps.
    The level of detail on these icons is incredible!
    I want to say a big thank you to the creator (Lokheed) and to all you guys who take the time and effort to make these excellent extra icons like the Skyfire one above.
    I have to say that this is the first time I look at icons and think i'm gonna get that app because the icon is so nice!
    Sure it's supposed to be round the other way!!

    Anyway just had to say thanks guys as I am so chuffed with this theme.

    Cheers Jono.
    Last edited by 1jono; 04-06-2012 at 05:42 PM.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1jono For This Useful Post:

    bankai44 (04-06-2012), iGeriya (04-06-2012)

  16. #2471
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    thanks for this im gonna give it a go tomorrow getting late here now :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  17. #2472
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside83uk View Post
    thanks for this im gonna give it a go tomorrow getting late here now :P
    I can dig it.... Have a pleasant night then. By the way, this shot accounts for the total of the trickery I used on the icon.

    -screen-shot-2012-04-06-4.43.18-pm.png

  18. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    I can dig it.... Have a pleasant night then. By the way, this shot accounts for the total of the trickery I used on the icon.

    -screen-shot-2012-04-06-4.43.18-pm.png
    did you create the Layer2 and add those features?

  19. #2474
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    806
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 435 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    did you create the Layer2 and add those features?
    Yes indeed, he did. But I do not recommand using those features anytime you want to make a bevel for example. Those are premade effects. And like everything that is prebuilt/made it shall be used in specific circumstances to start or enhance an effect you want to create.

    BTW, can anyone tell me what's a "WIP" ?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

    nealh (04-06-2012)

  21. #2475
    ^^ Work in Progress....

  22. #2476
    Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    Yes indeed, he did. But I do not recommand using those features anytime you want to make a bevel for example. Those are premade effects. And like everything that is prebuilt/made it shall be used in specific circumstances to start or enhance an effect you want to create.

    BTW, can anyone tell me what's a "WIP" ?
    Actually, what that shot was is a totally different instance. That was the image I worked up BEFORE dropping it into the template and I used the template as designed. Look up a few posts and you'll see what the layout should look like to create the icon properly.

  23. #2477
    Any chance i could request a Copy and Paste (no need for someone to take the time for custom) for the new awesome zelda-like game called Swordigo?
    I would appreciate it VERY much

    Here is the artwork: http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/089/...l.mmnbqmry.png

  24. #2478
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    736
    Thanks
    806
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 435 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Buddhist View Post
    Actually, what that shot was is a totally different instance. That was the image I worked up BEFORE dropping it into the template and I used the template as designed. Look up a few posts and you'll see what the layout should look like to create the icon properly.
    it was a general speech my friend ! I wanted to warn this a long time ago but never took the shot.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

    nealh (04-07-2012)

  26. #2479
    Also I thought i'd share my current Jaku setup
    I just made this iconoclasm layout today to match a 3 icon dock and i am enjoying it, i would be happy to share the plist if anyone thinks they would use it.

    -rvlvy.jpg

  27. #2480
    Well...looks like good 'ol #10 is gonna win the contest...congrats to iGeriya on making one hell of an icon!

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHurt View Post
    Any chance i could request a Copy and Paste (no need for someone to take the time for custom) for the new awesome zelda-like game called Swordigo?
    I would appreciate it VERY much

    Here is the artwork: http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/089/...l.mmnbqmry.png




    Last edited by bjbinc; 04-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to bjbinc For This Useful Post:

    nealh (04-07-2012)

Page 124 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114122123124125126 134 174 224 624 1124 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •