Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    that's a cool one, man..how'd you do the bevel like that? it looks so smooth!
    That's exactly what I was wondering. It's like you made it out of clay with your bare hands, rather than one a computer with Photoshop xD

My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    The base is nice. But the hashtag and bracket need more polish to compare to William.
    Actually I don't give a single f*** !! I just wonder about the base, the rest is truely fake on that icon. But ! I will care a bit later when Ill have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    that's a cool one, man..how'd you do the bevel like that? it looks so smooth!
    Er, I modified the original template before working on any icon of this genre. Then I throw all layers underneath those I created to give this look. Then I adjust every layer because as soon as you change color, img or anythign else you always have to adjust the basic template to the new datas. I thought it'd be so easy at first to imitate those smooth edges but it wasn't.
    I'd happily make a tutorial but its long ... well, let's try :

HOW TO SOFTEN JAKU'S ICON BORDERS - QUICK TUTORIAL
    I edited it to make it a bit clearer as I don't really want to write another one.

First erase the bottom of the Border layer, leave only the top of the border, the right and left top corners, make it 70% of opacity - it will depend on the color of your icon and I suggest to really adjust that in the very ending. Then duplicate it. Pick up the Eraser tool, select a blurry brush @ like 5-8px wide and slightly erase the bottom of the corners from the duplicated Border layer of which you erased everything BUT those two corners and the top part. Try erasing approximately half of it.
    From there move this duplicata a px below, make it approximatly half the original border layer's opacity (that we previously set at 70% until you adjust it to your need in the end)
    Now for the shadows. Select the brush tool, full black (#000000), BLURRY, 4px wide, and paint a straight vertical line in a new layer named as you want. Drag it to the right border, and slightly push it over this border for only 2px, so then only 2px left are visible from that vertical line. Set the blending mode to Soft Light, 40% of opacity. Duplicate it and drag it to the other border (left) so you have a balance on both sides.
    Then, create another new layer and using the same brush settings, draw another straight vertical line, but FULL WHITE (#ffffff) this time. Set it to Overlay and reduce the opacity to 5%. Then drag it to the right border, not too close to the edge or it will hide the layer underneath, it's just supposed to enhance A LITTLE BIT the shadow. Look closely on the GroupeMe icon to see how it goes like. Then again duplicate this layer and do the same on the left border.
    Well, it's time to work on the top two corners again. We'll start by collecting the BASE layer selection.
    To do that hold the Ctrl key and left click on the Base layer (click on the image in the layer pannel, not on the name) hold Ctrl + Alt + I to inverse the selection. Then go to the SELECT menu > Modify > Expand. Set it to 1px, click OK. Create a new layer above all the others and be sure to have EVERY OF THE LAYERS CLIPPED TO THE BASE, and fill the last created layer with black using the inversed selection. Then erase every part of that layer except the two corners using a blurry eraser @ 8px (more or less). By then set it to Soft Light and reduce the opacity down to 40%. After that, select the eraser tool again, make it 6px wide (blurry again) and erase half of those corners - What I mean is that you have to erase the top of those corner so then we can see a bit more the two border layers we worked on at the very beginning. By then, move that layer downward from a single px. Use a bit of blur if necessary to soften the edge (Effects or tool).
    Now. we're gonna work on the bevel. First start by creating a new layer. Again select the brush tool, blur, 4-5px full black and draw a straight HORIZONTAL line at the bottom edge. Once again we must not see too much of that line, so for that reduce the opacity down to 45%, set the blending mode to Soft Lightand push it as much as possible over the edge se we only see 2px or less. It really has to be subtle. Then create a new layer underneath the Base layer, create a clipping mask to the bevel layer and adjust the premade style of william. I suggest that you only edit the gradient settings by selecting dark colors related to your need.
    Be sure that all of your layers have a mask clipped to the right layer (all those above the Base should have a clipping mask to the Base layer, and all those underneath the base layer are supposed to have a mask clipped to the Bevel layer)

Hope it helps, if you really can't follow that messy and quick tutorial Ill send you the basic rounded edge template I saved on my disk and ill help you step by step to adjust every layer to what you need.

PS . Oh, and sorry for bad english !! Apologize ...
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-14-2013 at 08:34 PM.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-14-2013), Groinchurn (04-14-2013), Iphone ie (04-15-2013), macinmac (04-15-2013), radioBirdman (04-14-2013), Vicarious (04-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    People make a huge deal about a few people getting killed, but what about the war where Americans kill thousands? Ehh really complicated subject. It's easy to want to have a 'bad guy' and I do believe that people kill people, not guns... but someone has to question how easy it is to obtain a weapon. And not just inside the US, but in the rest of the world. Most crimes involving guns in the world are American made and American sold.
    Probably not the place to talk about this though, people always get rilled up...
    Yeah I know it should be a blip on the radar in comparison to what happens elsewhere and I wasn't inviting a gun control debate. I just thought the way he posted about it was crazy.a couple people dying in a mall and a couple soldiers dying at war is different though. Not because of the value of human life is different...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013)

Thanks

People make a huge deal about a few people getting killed, but what about the war where Americans kill thousands? Ehh really complicated subject. It's easy to want to have a 'bad guy' and I do believe that people kill people, not guns... but someone has to question how easy it is to obtain a weapon. And not just inside the US, but in the rest of the world. Most crimes involving guns in the world are American made and American sold.
    Probably not the place to talk about this though, people always get rilled up...
    MY 2CTS >>

Well, that's not true . The belgian FN Herstal weapon manufacturer is the author of the legendary FN FAL (and variants) which is called the Right Arm Of The Free World because it was the most used weapon by rebels and all. Then there's the TYPE-51 and TYPE-51s which are the Chinese copy of the original AK-47 of 1953-55 (lighter and better than the '47 version), which was mass sold over the world. Yeah, most AK you see arent AKs but TYPE-51 in fact, same in Irak and Afghanistan, they only have Type-51. Then you have the variants and widely used AKM and AKMS (which is the Modernized version made after the 50s if I remember well, and the S at the end only means is has a hollow stock - for an AK), and behind you have the last variant from 1974, using the new cartridges 5.45x39 which I believe was made to compete with the American made Colt M4-A1 and all the M16 variants' (and its original AR-15) cartridge which is 5.56mm.
    Then you have the SCAR, newly used by the American army ... again made by the FN Herstal industry for the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM), which is the winner of the SCAR competition hosted by the USA.
    Then you have the Glock series, made in Austria by Glock. Widely used by Police, Special Forces and militaries. From the G17 to the G36, it overtakes by far the legendary Colt 1911M1's notoriety by also introducing in the market a version using those heavy and brutal .45 ACP cartridges. This 1911M1 gun can only carry 7+1 bullet while the G21 ... or G20 I dont rmember exactly, also uses .45 ACP cartridges but allows 13+1 cartridges ...
    This, just to say (yeah i'm kidding) that most weapons in the world AREN'T American made . So you can sleep well buddy.

And now I believe a moderator will come in and kindly (or brutally) ask me to stick to the goddamn topic ...
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    MY 2CTS >>

Well, that's not true . The belgian FN Herstal weapon manufacturer is the author of the legendary FN FAL (and variants) which is called the Right Arm Of The Free World because it was the most used weapon by rebels and all. Then there's the TYPE-51 and TYPE-51s which are the Chinese copy of the original AK-47 of 1953-55 (lighter and better than the '47 version), which was mass sold over the world. Yeah, most AK you see arent AKs but TYPE-51 in fact, same in Irak and Afghanistan, they only have Type-51. Then you have the variants and widely used AKM and AKMS (which is the Modernized version made after the 50s if I remember well, the S at the end only mean is has a hollow stock for an AK), and behind you have the last variant from 1974, using the new cartridges 5.45x39 which I believe was made to compete with the American made Colt M4-A1, and all the M16 variants' (and its original AR-15) cartridge which is 5.56mm.
    Then you have the SCAR, newly used by the American army ... again made by the FN Herstal industry for the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM), which is the winner of the SCAR competition hosted by the USA.
    Then you have the Glock series, made in Austria by Glock. Widely used by Police, Special Forces and militaries. From the G17 to the G36, it overtakes by far the legendary Colt 1911M1's notoriety using those heavy and brutal .45 ACP cartridges. This 1911M1 gun can only carry 7+1 bullet while the G21 ... or G20 I dont rmember exactly, also uses .45 ACP cartridges but allows 13+1 cartridges ... If it's only about me, I take the G21, no question about it ...
    This, just to say that most weapons in the world AREN'T American made . So you can sleep well buddy.

And now I believe a moderator will come in and will kindly (or brutally) ask me to stick to the goddamn topic ...
    And we found our gun guy ;-) for me it put sites like 4chan and reddit into perspective, it's such a melting pot of humanity there is bound to be some severely off-kilter OP's. oh and an update on my iphone dilemma. I have put a want ad on CL and only recieved scammer replies, begged and pleaded on FB and received no replies and finally called every Phoenix area apple store to which all of them said iphone 5 inventory is all 6.1.3 I guess I'm gonna be running stock until iPhone 5s and ios 7. I got an offer for a 4s with a cracked screen to trade or an iPhone 4 that's 32 gb instead of my 4s with 16. Could you guys help me out and weigh in on those two options? The 4, the 4s or wait for 5s

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    The 4, the 4s or wait for 5s ?
    It all depends on how much you want to spend on it I guess ...

EDIT : GroupMe update, cause LeFrog is right about it.

Last edited by iGeriya; 04-14-2013 at 08:01 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), Vicarious (04-14-2013)

So I thought I'd share my setup, nothing special. The Lockscreen image is normally a photo of my daughter, but since I'm not gonna share that on the interwebs...I went with the trusty ol' image of Ichigo in his Hollow formation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bankai44 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013)

MY 2CTS >>
    *weapons 101*
    This would probably be true, if we were talking about specific weapons or not taking account the last ten years.
    In just the last three years, the US has boomed to have the largest spending in military and defense. Surpassing China, Russia, France and the UK put together.
    I didn't just mean guns, I meant weapons in the whole aspect. The top three largest companies that produce weapons are American. The top ten? Almost all American.
    U.S. Foreign Arms Sale and Export is the largest and most global market. These are not my opinions, these are based on facts that you can search.
    When people complain of 'terrorist' and how such things can happen (especially America), yet they don't seem to notice how the gun strapped to their hand was American.
    Lastly, I don't sleep well. Not when the country runs a mock with hypocrisy and makes us all have blood on our hands.
    Last edited by ecofrankenstein; 04-14-2013 at 08:18 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecofrankenstein For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), iGeriya (04-14-2013)

Thanks

This would probably be true, if we were talking about specific weapons or not taking account the last ten years.
    In just the last three years, the US has boomed to have the largest spending in military and defense. Surpassing China, Russia, France and the UK put together.
    I didn't just mean guns, I meant weapons in the whole aspect. The top three largest companies that produce weapons are American. The top ten? Almost all American.
    U.S. Foreign Arms Sale and Export is the largest and most global market. These are not my opinions, these are based on facts that you can search.
    When people complain of 'terrorist' and how such things can happen (especially America), yet they don't seem to notice how the gun strapped to their hand was American.
    Lastly, I don't sleep well. Not when the country runs a mock with hypocrisy and makes us all have blood on our hands.
    As soon as you step higher than guns, I kneel ...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    Hey boss, what's the CK layout you sportin over there? Mind sharing?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Korazu For This Useful Post:

87alfred87 (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Korazu View Post
    Hey boss, what's the CK layout you sportin over there? Mind sharing?
    It's the Auros CK Dark (QWERTY, i5)...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bankai44 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013)

Thanks

It's the Auros CK Dark (QWERTY, i5)...
    Danke!

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually I don't give a single f*** !! I just wonder about the base, the rest is truely fake on that icon. But ! I will care a bit later when Ill have nothing to do.

Er, I modified the original template before working on any icon of this genre. Then I throw all layers underneath those I created to give this look. Then I adjust every layer because as soon as you change color, img or anythign else you always have to adjust the basic template to the new datas. I thought it'd be so easy at first to imitate those smooth edges but it wasn't.
    I'd happily make a tutorial but its long ... well, let's try :

HOW TO SOFTEN JAKU'S ICON BORDERS - QUICK TUTORIAL
    I edited it to make it a bit clearer as I don't really want to write another one.

First erase the bottom of the Border layer, leave only the top of the border, the right and left top corners, make it 70% of opacity - it will depend on the color of your icon and I suggest to really adjust that in the very ending. Then duplicate it. Pick up the Eraser tool, select a blurry brush @ like 5-8px wide and slightly erase the bottom of the corners from the duplicated Border layer of which you erased everything BUT those two corners and the top part. Try erasing approximately half of it.
    From there move this duplicata a px below, make it approximatly half the original border layer's opacity (that we previously set at 70% until you adjust it to your need in the end)
    Now for the shadows. Select the brush tool, full black (#000000), BLURRY, 4px wide, and paint a straight vertical line in a new layer named as you want. Drag it to the right border, and slightly push it over this border for only 2px, so then only 2px left are visible from that vertical line. Set the blending mode to Soft Light, 40% of opacity. Duplicate it and drag it to the other border (left) so you have a balance on both sides.
    Then, create another new layer and using the same brush settings, draw another straight vertical line, but FULL WHITE (#ffffff) this time. Set it to Overlay and reduce the opacity to 5%. Then drag it to the right border, not too close to the edge or it will hide the layer underneath, it's just supposed to enhance A LITTLE BIT the shadow. Look closely on the GroupeMe icon to see how it goes like. Then again duplicate this layer and do the same on the left border.
    Well, it's time to work on the top two corners again. We'll start by collecting the BASE layer selection.
    To do that hold the Ctrl key and left click on the Base layer (click on the image in the layer pannel, not on the name) hold Ctrl + Alt + I to inverse the selection. Then go to the SELECT menu > Modify > Expand. Set it to 1px, click OK. Create a new layer above all the others and be sure to have EVERY OF THE LAYERS CLIPPED TO THE BASE, and fill the last created layer with black using the inversed selection. Then erase every part of that layer except the two corners using a blurry eraser @ 8px (more or less). By then set it to Soft Light and reduce the opacity down to 40%. After that, select the eraser tool again, make it 6px wide (blurry again) and erase half of those corners - What I mean is that you have to erase the top of those corner so then we can see a bit more the two border layers we worked on at the very beginning. By then, move that layer downward from a single px. Use a bit of blur if necessary to soften the edge (Effects or tool).
    Now. we're gonna work on the bevel. First start by creating a new layer. Again select the brush tool, blur, 4-5px full black and draw a straight HORIZONTAL line at the bottom edge. Once again we must not see too much of that line, so for that reduce the opacity down to 45%, set the blending mode to Soft Lightand push it as much as possible over the edge se we only see 2px or less. It really has to be subtle. Then create a new layer underneath the Base layer, create a clipping mask to the bevel layer and adjust the premade style of william. I suggest that you only edit the gradient settings by selecting dark colors related to your need.
    Be sure that all of your layers have a mask clipped to the right layer (all those above the Base should have a clipping mask to the Base layer, and all those underneath the base layer are supposed to have a mask clipped to the Bevel layer)

Hope it helps, if you really can't follow that messy and quick tutorial Ill send you the basic rounded edge template I saved on my disk and ill help you step by step to adjust every layer to what you need.

PS . Oh, and sorry for bad english !! Apologize ...
    I read all of that and kind of understood what you mean but I'm not sure I can follow it exact xD lol I will try though!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    I'm the biggest fan of SB widgets but I just can't bring myself to take off any of these icons and make room for one.

Loving the wallpaper on your sb bro!! Can you share and also how did you get that awesome reflection?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Marvtheevil1 For This Useful Post:

nnfdcane (04-15-2013)

It all depends on how much you want to spend on it I guess ...

EDIT : GroupMe update, cause LeFrog is right about it.

All basically free. Due for an upgrade, and I could easily sell the 4s for the amount id spend on the 32gb 4 or 4s

So I thought I'd share my setup, nothing special. The Lockscreen image is normally a photo of my daughter, but since I'm not gonna share that on the interwebs...I went with the trusty ol' image of Ichigo in his Hollow formation. :
    Bankai where it says games is that a folder?

MY 2CTS >>

Well, that's not true . The belgian FN Herstal weapon manufacturer is the author of the legendary FN FAL (and variants) which is called the Right Arm Of The Free World because it was the most used weapon by rebels and all. Then there's the TYPE-51 and TYPE-51s which are the Chinese copy of the original AK-47 of 1953-55 (lighter and better than the '47 version), which was mass sold over the world. Yeah, most AK you see arent AKs but TYPE-51 in fact, same in Irak and Afghanistan, they only have Type-51. Then you have the variants and widely used AKM and AKMS (which is the Modernized version made after the 50s if I remember well, and the S at the end only means is has a hollow stock - for an AK), and behind you have the last variant from 1974, using the new cartridges 5.45x39 which I believe was made to compete with the American made Colt M4-A1 and all the M16 variants' (and its original AR-15) cartridge which is 5.56mm.
    Then you have the Glock series, made in Austria by Glock. Widely used by Police, Special Forces and militaries. From the G17 to the G36, it overtakes by far the legendary Colt 1911M1's notoriety by also introducing in the market a version using those heavy and brutal .45 ACP cartridges. This 1911M1 gun can only carry 7+1 bullet while the G21 ... or G20 I dont rmember exactly, also uses .45 ACP cartridges but allows 13+1 cartridges ...
    This, just to say (yeah i'm kidding) that most weapons in the world AREN'T American made . So you can sleep well buddy.

And now I believe a moderator will come in and kindly (or brutally) ask me to stick to the goddamn topic ...
    Guns go pew pew. That's all I know.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-15-2013), radioBirdman (04-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Guns go pew pew. That's all I know.

http://youtu.be/2iMKol10rlA

I beg to differ

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-15-2013), darkenmyday (04-14-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-15-2013), iGeriya (04-15-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-15-2013), iGeriya (04-15-2013)

Page 1237 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 237 737 1137 1187 122712351236123712381239 1247 1287 1337 ... LastLast