+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Azjonnyg So apple.com offers $216 in a gift card, for a 16gb 4s in "good" condition. I eligible for an upgrade. Now apple sells the i5 for
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    So apple.com offers $216 in a gift card, for a 16gb 4s in "good" condition. I eligible for an upgrade. Now apple sells the i5 for $199 w 2 year contract. Do you guys think I'd be able to turn in my 4s and get a 5 for practically free. Even though this will probably not solve my JB issue seeing as to how they update all their phones...
    Depending on where you're from, there's a pretty decent chance you'll get an iPhone 5 that's still on 6.1, 6.1.1, or 6.1.2. I say go for it. People on Reddit have reported getting lucky and getting phones that are still on 6.1.2. If you're on 6.1.3, well then at least you got an iPhone 5 for almost free.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-10-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-10-2013), JerryCooP (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Depending on where you're from, there's a pretty decent chance you'll get an iPhone 5 that's still on 6.1, 6.1.1, or 6.1.2. I say go for it. People on Reddit have reported getting lucky and getting phones that are still on 6.1.2. If you're on 6.1.3, well then at least you got an iPhone 5 for almost free.
    I traded in my iPhone 4 and got $135 for it (good condition, no scratches or breaks). My iPhone 5 was $199 + tax which came to $216, minus the $135...I only paid $81 for my new iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.2). But yeah, a 4S will probably give more trade-in credit so I could see getting a iPhone 5 practically for free.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bankai44 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone modymalay's Avatar
    Thanks

So apple.com offers $216 in a gift card, for a 16gb 4s in "good" condition. I eligible for an upgrade. Now apple sells the i5 for $199 w 2 year contract. Do you guys think I'd be able to turn in my 4s and get a 5 for practically free. Even though this will probably not solve my JB issue seeing as to how they update all their phones...
    Go for it! Most phones should be on <6.1.2, depending on where you live. If not, then you get a 5 for pretty much nothing although you may wanna wait for a 5S or whatever comes next. I hear the iOS 7 JB won't take so long anyway since at least 2 parties (evad3rs and p0sixninja) have enough exploits already

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modymalay For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-10-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    I traded in my iPhone 4 and got $135 for it (good condition, no scratches or breaks). My iPhone 5 was $199 + tax which came to $216, minus the $135...I only paid $81 for my new iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.2). But yeah, a 4S will probably give more trade-in credit so I could see getting a iPhone 5 practically for free.
    I had no clue this was done. Do you guys trade directly with Apple or with your carrier?
    Is the 5S really worth spending another $400/500?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bankai44 View Post
    I know j1o6sh was interested in this wallpaper the other day; and for anyone else, I've added it to the Jaku Dropbox:

Download here - https://www.dropbox.com/home/Jaku%20...apers/Bankai44
    Mind sharing the wallpaper??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AWSUM View Post
    It was such a co-incidence that i had near-about same setup as rock, anyways i changed my homescreen a bit! Cant wait to set up Jaku as whole theme! Jus put ths 2gthr durin my transit traveling time 2day morning & evening.
    Jaku is goooood! Thank u all who are involved in this! It sure is a beauty!

can you share your smoke badges ? tia ;]

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater01 View Post

could you share your status bar icons ?
    Last edited by od_high; 04-11-2013 at 12:42 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to od_high For This Useful Post:

Vicarious (04-11-2013)

Recovering Theme Addict having a relapse jayjOka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,979 Times in 651 Posts

Ya you should be able to I traded in my 4s 16gb at Bestbuy for 300 store credit and got the 5 for 199 16 gb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjOka For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Hi, I'm looking for a particular clock widget the one that has the hour on the top row and minutes on the second row, the highlighted numbers is the time. I have looked through so many pages and can't find it anywhere, please help.

Its kind of like this from what I remember:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

My current set up:

Jaku for iOS 5-ss.png

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rbarnes182 For This Useful Post:

jadaki (04-11-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 432 Posts

er a bit off topic, but I find some designers out there who are simply mezmerizing ... their icons "sketches" are already sooo good that it's better than most finished themes out there. If I wasn't so interested in improving my drawing abilities, it'd just be demotivational. (And the guy dares saying that he considers his approach to this icon as failed ... that's a bit mocking I think).

It makes me think I should learn how to draw.
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-11-2013 at 04:01 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Loads of people on Reddit have received replacement phones with 6.1.2 or even 6.1! We always say 'who doesn't venture, doesn't win'

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Jaku and Typo 5 Ls, mixed Ui from Evolution, Darkish Ui, Surr3A1 switch, Auros settings icons, Dark grain loading screens, Crisp camera HD theme, iMatte ck theme and popups. iSky dialer and Simply statusbar. Font is Nexa.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seagram For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-11-2013), HummusGod (04-11-2013), IAmThatK00LAID (04-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tiababy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just made this and as this is the theme I use most I was wondering if anyone wanted it too?

Its a Bolt charging icon (icon where the battery normally is)
    Jaku for iOS 5-img_2419.png

Go and view it in its biggest size to show how it looks on the screen as the smaller preview images don't show it well.

This version sits outside the status bar, so if you don't have one visible then it looks like mine. I also have one thats sideways to use with a status bar.

If someone wants it I'll upload it tomorrow when i get back from work.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiababy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-13-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay I'm gonna go for it. Lots of apple stores here so I'm going to keep going to them until I find an employee who will sell me an older iphone 5, not gonna roll the dice lol. Doesn't the box say what firmware they are running?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagram View Post
    Jaku and Typo 5 Ls, mixed Ui from Evolution, Darkish Ui, Surr3A1 switch, Auros settings icons, Dark grain loading screens, Crisp camera HD theme, iMatte ck theme and popups. iSky dialer and Simply statusbar. Font is Nexa.

Wow this looks great. Very complete and cohesive. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    Loads of people on Reddit have received replacement phones with 6.1.2 or even 6.1! We always say 'who doesn't venture, doesn't win'
    Sounds like a saying here. "You've got to be in it, to win it" lol
    Last edited by Azjonnyg; 04-11-2013 at 06:24 AM.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-11-2013), nienque (04-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone modymalay's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't buy a 5 this late in the cycle. I mean with a new one this summer, there's really no point, especially with iOS 7 supposedly having major changes. I can live with a couple months stock on the 5S if necessary lol

Thanks

er, again I'm off topic, but I'm wondering. Just got my new laptop with a full HD 1080p LED screen ... which is supposed to be better than my previous 1366x768px screen ... but holy damn it's not ! it's the fourth New Gen Laptop I use to go on deviantart and check how my work looks like on a good screen and ... the quality is just aweful, so much is eaten it worries m a lot ! how could it be worse ?? Like I can barely see the recipes' red cloth's texture on HD screens but I can see it crystal clear on my old screen ???!!! that's a mindfack for me ...

Anyone has an explanation please PM me .

Quote Originally Posted by modymalay View Post
    I wouldn't buy a 5 this late in the cycle. I mean with a new one this summer, there's really no point, especially with iOS 7 supposedly having major changes. I can live with a couple months stock on the 5S if necessary lol
    iPhones are like Windows versions. Always WAIT for the SECOND version of it !!!
    3G > 3GS | 4 > 4S | 5 > 5S (?) . When they bring major changes/enhancement it has flaws that can only be known after thousands and thousands of feebacks that are solved in the next version. Well that's it for Apple. For Windows it's just that you have to ALWAYS jump a version out of two
    2000 > XP | Vista > W7 | W8 > ... well nothing better yet so back to W7.
    Microsoft just doesn't get it, you can't change the whole OS that every noob uses without a complete transition. And they keep switching the way their OS works since Vista, it's jsut bad ... I struggled 5min to find out the SHUT DOWN button in W8
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-11-2013 at 07:20 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), ecofrankenstein (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    iPhones are like Windows versions. Always WAIT for the SECOND version of it !!!
    3G > 3GS | 4 > 4S | 5 > 5S (?) . When they bring major changes/enhancement it has flaws that can only be known after thousands and thousands of feebacks that are solved in the next version. Well that's it for Apple. For Windows it's just that you have to ALWAYS jump a version out of two
    2000 > XP | Vista > W7 | W8 > ... well nothing better yet so back to W7.
    Microsoft just doesn't get it, you can't change the whole OS that every noob uses without a complete transition. And they keep switching the way their OS works since Vista, it's jsut bad ... I struggled 5min to find out the SHUT DOWN button in W8
    Oh I am the opposite! I took care to be on the non-S release cycle. I really could not have dealt with an awesome design update and being stuck to my 'old' design for another year (yeah yeah, I am spoiled ). But as far as Windows is concerned, you are totally right. Going to help my brother buy a laptop this weekend and I really hope it isn't all Windows 8 by now. He was still hanging on to XP, hehe.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), iGeriya (04-11-2013)

Thanks

What if those majors ios changes break the exploits intended to be used for future jailbreaks. There's no downgrading... Damn you apple (shaking fist)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    Oh I am the opposite! I took care to be on the non-S release cycle. I really could not have dealt with an awesome design update and being stuck to my 'old' design for another year (yeah yeah, I am spoiled ). But as far as Windows is concerned, you are totally right. Going to help my brother buy a laptop this weekend and I really hope it isn't all Windows 8 by now. He was still hanging on to XP, hehe.
    Rght I understand that ... unfortunatly I also do enjoy designs a lot !!! so if I evr get an i5S it'll last a few months and then the next i6 design will be released xD !
    W8 is preinstalled on every new gen PC that isn't running on old dual core intell chips. It's best to go to xnotebooks.com and to order a custom PC with W7 installed (which costs 100e more). I'm actually tryong to install W7 back and it's a mess with the new securities.
    Yes 100e more than with W8 but you'll save a lot by selecting all and only what you want in your PC. I was close to purchase that but couldn't (hadn't a euro more than my 900, so it was 900e and nothing more)

EDIT : > Issues with my screen is fixed, such a noob lol ! I originaly forgot to check the browser's zoom parameter first xD !
    Last edited by iGeriya; 04-11-2013 at 09:21 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seagram View Post

Where can I find the Simple statusbar in cydia?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipawd1 View Post
    Where can I find the Simple statusbar in cydia?
    Deviantart.com - search for "Slimply v. 3".

The extra L is intentional

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (04-11-2013), DjeTouch (04-11-2013)