+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Any suggestions for a nice dock or lockscreen battery? I have looked through DA and I know what's on the repo. So far my favorite dock is luft thors sweeper
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Thanks

Any suggestions for a nice dock or lockscreen battery? I have looked through DA and I know what's on the repo. So far my favorite dock is luft thors sweeper and the walk the plank dock... I also have seen all of genso's work. Just need something new... Also a good music player skin/theme. Thanks just wondering if there is any untapped resources out there

My iPhone is a Part of Me iGeriya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 432 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    Any suggestions for a nice dock or lockscreen battery? I have looked through DA and I know what's on the repo. So far my favorite dock is luft thors sweeper and the walk the plank dock... I also have seen all of genso's work. Just need something new... Also a good music player skin/theme. Thanks just wondering if there is any untapped resources out there
    I am making a full size Wooden Background with a wooden dock (originally requested by Nienque, I mean the dock only), and also a Iron Man/Tony Stark Battery lockscreen for Aransh, if you are ever interested in it ... well wait ! I started by the wall, I'm not done yet, but the dock is on its way, the lockscreen battery's still a concept in my mind but it's the easiest to do, and I have two awesome icons in mind that I want to lay down on a .png sheet .

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), Azjonnyg (03-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGeriya View Post
    I am making a full size Wooden Background with a wooden dock (originally requested by Nienque, I mean the dock only), and also a Iron Man/Tony Stark Battery lockscreen for Aransh, if you are ever interested in it ... well wait ! I started by the wall, I'm not done yet, but the dock is on its way, the lockscreen battery's still a concept in my mind but it's the easiest to do, and I have two awesome icons in mind that I want to lay down on a .png sheet .
    Thanks for the reponse the wooden dock sounds interesting and I've been following the iron man battery development in this thread. Any suggestions for a retina music player theme?

My iPhone is a Part of Me akrimmer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    I was looking for the sports play icon, but apparently it was some big conspiracy about it. Don't ask, don't tell.
    Anyways, I made my own, a dark and lighter version. Also re-did the travelling icon because it was too opaque for my taste. If anyone wants to use them, I'll leave them here...

Did you make the sports one truly from scratch? Or did you use the art from Dribbble? The so called conspiracy is taking someone's work from Dribbble to make an icon and then posting it publicly. I won't deny never doing it myself. It's a fine line though and most artists feel you cross that line when you post it publicly. Some don't even like you doing it for personal use.

:two cents:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akrimmer For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), Javik (03-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Thanks

You're a bright guy Alex . I made it in a box because it was the only way to allow grass strains to "pop up" out of the basic shape . Good catch once again !

Actually it isn't made out of straight lines, I tried to curve them as much as possible. I sticked to this look as it reminds me of the Minecraft icon by Lokheed. So it's not pixel art either but I admit it looks pretty close . I won't be adding anymore strain of grass unless I can't fix the appearance already with what I have now, I'm trying to give it more depth.
    If I really can't get it better without modyfing the grass layer itself, well then I'll redo it . (Maybe ... I'm still lazy)

Here's what I got so far (left is old right i new), I keep it on the grain-ish background as it highights colors best.

Yes the difference is extremely subtle, I played on levels to get the dark parts at the roots of the grass darker while keeping the bright parts as bright (perhaps enahnced a bit too). It gives a better definition of grass strains I think. Then I tried using a noisy layer on Overlay mode to highlights tips of strains but I'm struggling right now, I can't remember or find a new way to get rid of every dark/black dots and only keep the white/light ones (then in overlay mode it will act like highlights and as strains aren't very clear, it's more like an illusion of strains, it will make us think the dots are strain tips ... do you understand what I mean or do I have to go back to my native language with you ?)

Anyway, thank you for the review mate, this is a great contribution to my pain !

Thinking of your techniques I thought of the tutorial I wanted to make for the frog, but it'll be way too long as it is painting, nothing less actually, and it's more about your own skills and yur own way of perception. But, I will definitly share few of my main techniques in tutorial if it can help some buds out there . Soon . For the wood and the grain textures first as you see some so much with me !

PS : None of my or william's icons so far are willing to be photo realistic, that's why I keep that pixelart feel here. Lokheed tries to stick as close to reality as possible, and I too (under his Jaku spirit), but if it gets photo realistic it starts looking fake ! That's why I'll never use photos or other stuff in these icons or in designed interfaces

EDIT :
    I forgot, I reworked the bottom bevel of the red grimoire Pinterest icon as it looked waaaaaay too bright and it really bugged me and couln't stand it no more (along with the News Republic icon). I also fixed and improved the left edge with those metal rings und
    Here's the new one.

me gusta nice work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

iGeriya (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,793 Times in 757 Posts

Ow so you can't download via your iPhone ?
    Correct I can't download from iPhone or Safari browser on laptop
    Can grab the black without any problems
    Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to map1978 For This Useful Post:

iGeriya (03-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Correct I can't download from iPhone or Safari browser on laptop
    Can grab the black without any problems
    I can grab both from my tablet's chrome browser. Check your PMs

Anyone else having an issue with the white one ? I have no Apple products at hand right now.
    Last edited by iGeriya; 03-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1364261470.473676.jpg
    this is mine tonight..simple as usual

@iGeriya pinterest icon looks awesome! when will you be releasing those grass icons? they are fantastic

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), iGeriya (03-25-2013), Mone (03-26-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cornelutz_rtm View Post
    Sure, thanks.

Here is a Numbers Icon Hope that she like it !!!

Love this.... can you make the other apps like this (pages and keynote?) in the same style? plz

Quote Originally Posted by cornelutz_rtm View Post
    So i gues that now the switches are looking better and i have finally make them to have 2 different working colors.
    That wasnt so hard but i was very lazzy this days.

Plz share this really want to put it in my setup plzzzzzzz
    Last edited by caminagetcha; 03-25-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    Attachment 627769
    this is mine tonight..simple as usual

@iGeriya pinterest icon looks awesome! when will you be releasing those grass icons? they are fantastic
    Thanks bro

About the grass icon I don't know yet. I can leave it like that but it feels like I can still go a bit further with this one. I needed a first opinion to let me know if it really looks like grass or not yet (or not at all) . Now I just got an idea, something to add. I wanted to include white lines on the grass field for a sport icon but as simple as it seems the grass is too high for a sport field. I have a better idea I think, hope I can make it, the future of tomorrow-after-sleep will tell me ...
    Last edited by iGeriya; 03-25-2013 at 07:42 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGeriya For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), darkenmyday (03-25-2013)

Thanks

Thanks bro

About the grass icon I don't know yet. I can leave it like that but it feels like I can still go a bit further with this one. I needed a first opinion to let me know if it really looks like grass or not yet (or not at all) . Now I just got an idea, something to add. I wanted to include white lines on the grass field for a sport icon but as simple as it seems the grass is too high for a sport field. I have a better idea I think, hope I can make it, the future of tomorrow-after-sleep will tell me ...
    anytime
    i think it honestly looks perfect, then again it's far superior to anything i could work up i'd use that for the fifa '13 icon

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), iGeriya (03-25-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

There was a rotation lock icon with a keyhole posted on someone's statusbar a couple pages back (i'd quote it, but something's up with my browser). Does anyone know what theme is that from or if it can be shared?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Groinchurn For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), caminagetcha (03-25-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    Did you make the sports one truly from scratch? Or did you use the art from Dribbble? The so called conspiracy is taking someone's work from Dribbble to make an icon and then posting it publicly. I won't deny never doing it myself. It's a fine line though and most artists feel you cross that line when you post it publicly. Some don't even like you doing it for personal use.

:two cents:
    Nothing is truly from scratch. Everything comes from something else; inspiration, materials, etc. I have the psd for the icon, but what's the difference of "using the art from Dribble"? If I'm basing the icon from that shot, isn't it the same regardless? I'm not profiting, selling it or promoting it. You're on a pro-jailbreak themeing thread. It's a bit of hypocrisy to criticize sharing a few icons, when people are profiting from icons/themes for apps that the original creators/developers of those apps or Apple are not making any extra money from. Where exactly is that line drawn and who draws it then?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ecofrankenstein For This Useful Post:

Azjonnyg (03-25-2013), Darrenrooster (03-26-2013), iGeriya (03-26-2013), Iphone ie (03-26-2013), Pinoy (03-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me HummusGod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alobaid6 View Post
    Thank you
    It's work
    Me today

MY LS
    http://i.imgur.com/OTffgFV.jpg
    MY SB
    http://i.imgur.com/k9SmmXL.jpg
    Like your style. Mind sharing ur Tweetbot and Safari icons? I got the dark thing going as well those would help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,793 Times in 757 Posts

Prob this theme and Bars EPHD are the only 2 themes I show this many icons on a SB
    So many quality icons made for this theme
    Thanks to all

Drifter too for both these iWidgets

Why do people quote every image just to say thanks?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to map1978 For This Useful Post:

Mone (03-26-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

@Cush66: Please empty your inbox. I'm trying to reply to your last message.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ecofrankenstein For This Useful Post:

iGeriya (03-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecofrankenstein View Post
    Nothing is truly from scratch. Everything comes from something else; inspiration, materials, etc. I have the psd for the icon, but what's the difference of "using the art from Dribble"? If I'm basing the icon from that shot, isn't it the same regardless? I'm not profiting, selling it or promoting it. You're on a pro-jailbreak themeing thread. It's a bit of hypocrisy to criticize sharing a few icons, when people are profiting from icons/themes for apps that the original creators/developers of those apps or Apple are not making any extra money from. Where exactly is that line drawn and who draws it then?
    Until someone posts a takedown request. This is a never-ending discussion. Just don't post anything that is copy written if you have used copy/paste to make it. Nobody is calling you a thief. Also jail breaking is legal, the alteration if copy written material generally isn't. Can we just end it with an "ok, sorry" instead of restarting this battle AGAIN.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

akrimmer (03-26-2013), Alfroggy (03-26-2013), iGeriya (03-26-2013), Pinoy (03-25-2013), radioBirdman (03-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Not really anything to argue about. Like said, if not copy written why not use it. Everybody does. Look three posts up. That leaf LS image everybody likes. That was made by AR7. Im pretty certain he didn't take that picture of the leaf.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), Azjonnyg (03-26-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-26-2013), Iphone ie (03-26-2013), kwajkid (03-26-2013), P0R7ER (03-26-2013), radioBirdman (03-26-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HummusGod View Post
    Like your style. Mind sharing ur Tweetbot and Safari icons? I got the dark thing going as well those would help
    Enjoy

Mod sez: it's not nice sharing someone's (paid) work without their permission.
    Last edited by Orby; 03-26-2013 at 12:28 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alobaid6 View Post
    Enjoy
    Speaking of posting copyrighted images on a public forum...

I do believe that Netbot icon is part of the paid theme so it shouldn't be posted here. And Jaku has a bitchin black Safari alt also.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-26-2013), alobaid6 (03-26-2013), iGeriya (03-26-2013), Pinoy (03-26-2013)