+ Reply
Page 1006 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 6 506 906 956 99610041005100610071008 1016 1056 1106 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,120 of 30026

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Chip@ I read about errors in Springtomize 2 much. therefore it would be desirable with to do in Winterboard by means of.plist I haven't had any issues
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chip@ View Post
    I read about errors in Springtomize 2 much. therefore it would be desirable with to do in Winterboard by means of.plist
    I haven't had any issues with Springtomize 2, and the dev is pretty quick to release bug fixes Anyway, there's a theme in Winterboard called No Undocked Icon Labels. Perhaps that'll do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ7 View Post
    My only way to actually ENJOY Jailbreak is to pirate.. Something I HATE doing!
    But there is NO OTHER CHOICE for me...
    So saying EVERYONE that pirate are bad people whom don't give a sh*t about devs is a wrong saying..
    I pirate.. I may hate or love it, but that's the only way for me..
    Sorry for all users and of course for the Developer William...
    I just can't see my iPhone without Jaku.
    The only way for me to enjoy a MacBook is to steal it, cause I can't afford to shell out 1000+ dollars for one. I guess I have no other choice then

Look, I understand that the bottom line is the same, i.e. that Lok won't see a penny from you either way, but don't make it sound like it isn't still wrong
    Last edited by nienque; 03-03-2013 at 06:13 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

Thanks

There's a million other places for a piracy discussion;
    Short list:
    1 Pracy is not theft; more like bootlegging
    2. Copyright has never been about paying artists; it's about the third party (labels, distributors, rights purchasers)
    3. Pirating is a PAIN I'm the *** of the pirate, not a fun thing to do, but deemed necessary.
    4. Copyright is antithetical to creativity; DuChamp would have been sued.
    5. Always better to be famous and copied than to be unknown, or worse; famous and artistically loathed.
    6. Right now, this situation/system is what we've got. As Churchill said of something else-worst system there is, except for all the others.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bozN For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-03-2013), JerryCooP (03-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkenmyday View Post
    pirates: quit being pirates.
    you paid hundreds for your iphone/ipod, plus your hefty monthly bill for your iphone, you can shell out $3 for jaku.
    small price to pay for perfection. and we wouldn't be having this problem right now.
    I beg to differ. I have a feeling that no matter what the ratio for piracy is with Jaku you'd still see this issue arising. There's no way to get exact or roughly close figures on how many people pirated Jaku. This is about Lok's opinion that he's being "ripped" off. He can say its $50k, $100k, or even $1,000,000. It's all based off if sh!t evidence. I think this is more about pride and actually vanity. Lok knows his theme is great but I assure you it wouldn't have nearly done as well as it has with BJBinc, the repo, and all the other amazing contributors that helped Lok keep the theme going for so long (without any updates). Without this community this theme wouldn't have made as much $ as it has. I know when I buy a theme now I look to see if it has a MMI thread that is thriving (like Jaku), because I want the support and to be able to theme more apps. this theme would be crap if only 1/2 (or less) of your icons got themed. Nothing looks more like crap than a incomplete springboard. Seriously, Lok get off your high horse and come back down to reality. You need to open your eyes and see the amazing benefits of what the repo did for you. Oh and stop saying its not about $ when your first few posts started off with and about the loss of it. It's BS. If you're going to act like this I actually regret buying and contributing to your theme. I don't regret donating to the repo though because unlike you those boys put in time and work DAILY to help you out. Did you cut them into the profits? NO!!! Why? Because its about every red cent you can get. I hope a story breaks on the MMI news side and let's everybody see how you're behaving. You can't even talk straight to BJBinc, you have to go over his head and behind his back. I don't blame you BJ I'd be pissed and close it to. That's ungrateful as it gets bro.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013), Chip@ (03-03-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-03-2013), Groinchurn (03-05-2013), JerryCooP (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akrimmer View Post
    Thank you very much m8 😀👍

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IrobertI For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

PJ7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nienque View Post
    I haven't had any issues with Springtomize 2, and the dev is pretty quick to release bug fixes Anyway, there's a theme in Winterboard called No Undocked Icon Labels. Perhaps that'll do the trick?

The only way for me to enjoy a MacBook is to steal it, cause I can't afford to shell out 1000+ dollars for one. I guess I have no other choice then

Look, I understand that the bottom line is the same, i.e. that Lok won't see a penny from you either way, but don't make it sound like it isn't still wrong
    I understand but you don't...
    I do have the money! But I'm 15 and don't have credit card to pay online!
    I had the money to buy the iPhone 5 so 3$ for a theme are not that much but I just can't send the money to the dev...
    Believe me there is nothing I want more than support people like William and other developers for their hard work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PJ7 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

Thanks

I understand but you don't...
    I do have the money! But I'm 15 and don't have credit card to pay online!
    I had the money to buy the iPhone 5 so 3$ for a theme are not that much but I just can't send the money to the dev...
    Believe me there is nothing I want more than support people like William and other developers for their hard work.
    Not sure how stuff works in Israel, but I don't have a credit card either, and I just use PayPal. Hooked it up to my current account without a problem. Maybe that'd be an option?

And I'm sure you realise that the technical detail you mentioned doesn't change the main gist of the argument It's like saying that if you go to a electronics store to buy a telly, but the owner won't sell it to you because you can only pay him in pennies and he won't accept pennies, it is fine to come back later to steal the telly
    Last edited by nienque; 03-03-2013 at 06:40 AM.

PJ7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Not sure how stuff works in Israel, but I don't have a credit card either, and I just use PayPal. Hooked it up to my current account without a problem. Maybe that'd be an option?

And I'm sure you realise that the technical detail you mentioned doesn't change the main gist of the argument
    Some people in Israel do have credit card in my age but not me lol.
    But 3$ for you is less from what it is for me..
    The money in Israel is NIS, 1$=3.8NIS so 3$=11.4NIS.. Which makes it worth like 12$ for you.. Would you pay 12$ for a theme?..
    I know that I would, if I had the option to.. I don't know sh*t about PayPal so that's not really an option for me..
    I hope you understand now

My iPhone is a Part of Me aransh's Avatar
    Thanks

And I'm sure you realise that the technical detail you mentioned doesn't change the main gist of the argument It's like saying that if you go to a electronics store to buy a telly, but the owner won't sell it to you because you can only pay him in pennies and he won't accept pennies, it is fine to come back later to steal the telly
    Doesn't PayPal require a credit card?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    I'm going to post pictures of kittens till everyone reaches zen.

That kitty is soo cute! I bet it's dreaming about Jaku!

Thanks Lok that was pretty funny considering the soap opera going on around here.

It might be a good thing the repo was taken down. Now I can get some work done at work. I have spent so much time looking at all the bad *** icons over and over. Hehe.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aransh View Post
    Doesn't PayPal require a credit card?
    Nope, not that I am aware of. I certainly don't have a credit card and I can use PayPal. It might be a continental thing. I am told that in the US most people have credit cards, but on the continent it's quite different. So maybe PayPal made some adjustments for our sakes'...? I just use it with my current account.

EDIT: By 'the continent' I mean Europe, lol. Thinking from a British frame of mind here xD

Some people in Israel do have credit card in my age but not me lol.
    But 3$ for you is less from what it is for me..
    The money in Israel is NIS, 1$=3.8NIS so 3$=11.4NIS.. Which makes it worth like 12$ for you.. Would you pay 12$ for a theme?..
    I know that I would, if I had the option to.. I don't know sh*t about PayPal so that's not really an option for me..
    I hope you understand now
    Oh, I understand. I just don't agree I managed to figure out PayPal when I was your age xD
    Last edited by nienque; 03-03-2013 at 06:57 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

PJ7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope, not that I am aware of. I certainly don't have a credit card and I can use PayPal. It might be a continental thing. I am told that in the US most people have credit cards, but on the continent it's quite different. So maybe PayPal made some adjustments for our sakes'...? I just use it with my current account.

EDIT: By 'the continent' I mean Europe, lol. Thinking from a British frame of mind here xD

Oh, I understand. I just don't agree I managed to figure out PayPal when I was your age xD
    That's alright but I think PayPal needs a credit card..
    Because if not then how do you put the money there?..

Thanks

That's alright but I think PayPal needs a credit card..
    Because if not then how do you put the money there?..
    If you have a current account (that is, an account with actual money in it that you can use for day-to-day payments, as opposed to a savings account), PayPal just takes it out of there automatically.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nienque For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Whoever has the Zip file of the repo, I've recently got a new computer from my grandparents as a surprise, problem is they didn't even thought about backing up my old PC and just sold it. So I don't have any of my icons, do you mind sending me only my icons ( if you want you can send all the repo as well, lol)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

Chip@ (03-03-2013), PJ7 (03-03-2013)

PJ7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

If you have a current account (that is, an account with actual money in it that you can use for day-to-day payments, as opposed to a savings account), PayPal just takes it out of there automatically.
    I can't use my savings account until I turn 18..
    I guess I'll get my credit card in something like a year from now..
    If there any other way of buying online - I'll make sure I'll do it!
    I HATE PIRATING! don't get me wrong please..

Thanks

LOL, I said an account that is not a savings account. Do you not have an account with money in it for day-to-day expenses? Like when you go to the cinema or buy a drink or pay for the bus or whatever? That's the account you'd use for PayPal.

Thanks

You can try using FreeMyApps to earn Amazon gift cards and give them to Lok, but you'll still won't own the theme, cause cydia won't say you officialy purchased it

27. The Following User Says Thank You to aransh For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I with pleasure would use it (No Undocked Icon Labels), but it doesn't work for a long time (

Thanks

More on point; 3rd party, high quality imitations are making viable complete, unofficial ports/themes.

Porting s/b a non issue, except for sales of YOUR ACTUAL DESIGNS.

If you're not porting it, it becomes sales forgone, not lost.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Make it known they're not your designs. Include more value, smaller version of the smaller, notification sized ones in each app, where applicable. That sort of thing.

Make your name and Jaku synonymous. Ppl will come.

There's a repo and two githubs and a port or two of BlackUPS, and none of the alternative work approached Jackie's.

Your stuff is original and you.
    The longer I look at these icons, the more I can see the differences between BJ/Chaotic/iGe...and of course, the meticulous Mr Lok's creative style.

/me2wprkNao
    /<3s!!!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bozN For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,304 Times in 3,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chip@ View Post
    I with pleasure would use it (No Undocked Icon Labels), but it doesn't work for a long time (
    A working one :
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/40jwnj7owd42vyq/NoAppIconLabels.theme.zip
    Another theme getting rid of all the icon labels, dock's inclusive :
    Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/40jwnj7owd42vyq/NoAppIconLabels.theme.zip
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Chip@ (03-03-2013)

PJ7
    Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL, I said an account that is not a savings account. Do you not have an account with money in it for day-to-day expenses? Like when you go to the cinema or buy a drink or pay for the bus or whatever? That's the account you'd use for PayPal.
    OHH lol haha sorry I miss understood you, and nope I don't even think we have that in Israel haha (probably we do but I just don't have it)
    I use cash if I wanna go out or something..