+ Reply
Page 1002 of 1502 FirstFirst ... 2 502 902 952 99210001001100210031004 1012 1052 1102 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 30029

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,313 Times in 3,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    why is the repo down? the explanation given was not good enough...i just purchased this theme about a month mainly because of the repo and the community. i don't understand how icons created by others are a problem? why include the psd? im sure all the people who created icons dont receive any of the 3 bucks this theme cost...if i wanted to be ***...i would ask for my money back...im pretty sure, correct me if i am wrong, the description in cydia boasts about the massive amount of icons available for the theme and the repo...but oh well...there's nothing more we can do about it.
    Not in the theme's description in Cydia, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.szilveszter.ca/news/
    How can I get you to make me an icon? Where do I post requests?
    In an effort to complete the current batch of requests, I will no longer be taking new ones at this point in time.
    But that doesnít necessarily mean you are out of luck. Check out Brian Blakeís Jaku Community Icon repository (The Jaku Repo). Chock full of hundreds of Jaku icons made by members of the Jaku community.
    If you canít find what you are looking for on Brianís site, please redirect your requests to either MacThemes (should you have an account) or to ModMyi (which is open to new users). Both have very talented and very active members stepping in to expand the Jaku theme.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

darkenmyday (03-02-2013), Pinoy (03-02-2013), Sk37cH (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why is the repo down? the explanation given was not good enough...i just purchased this theme about a month mainly because of the repo and the community. i don't understand how icons created by others are a problem? why include the psd? im sure all the people who created icons dont receive any of the 3 bucks this theme cost...if i wanted to be ***...i would ask for my money back...im pretty sure, correct me if i am wrong, the description in cydia boasts about the massive amount of icons available for the theme and the repo...but oh well...there's nothing more we can do about it.
    This isn't really going to help the situation.... but if you absolutely feel so wronged by the closure of the repo that Jaku is no longer worth your money, Saurik will give you your money back no questions asked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioBirdman View Post
    Just a thought, but maybe a compromise could be made in that icons only be allowed on the repo for apps that are not otherwise themed by the paid theme..? That would stop pirates (including Android kiddies) from creating "complete" collections using repo icons..?
    I don't think that would be good, I've bought the theme but still replace quite a few of Loks icons just to fit my taste better, or mood. Especially since the updates seem to be a different style of jaku that I originally bought (I like my SB dark!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1362281823.603388.jpg

thanks for the clarification....when it says 100 of icons both cydia and AppStore i took that as the repo itself, and if it is...does it mean 100's of individual apps or several apps more than once. sorry for splitting hairs...i am just curious to know how to acess everything i have paid for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Attachment 624558

thanks for the clarification....when it says 100 of icons both cydia and AppStore i took that as the repo itself, and if it is...does it mean 100's of individual apps or several apps more than once. sorry for splitting hairs...i am just curious to know how to acess everything i have paid for.
    You paid for jaku and nothing to do with the repo,,,and jaku does indeed have 100's of icons already, check them in ifile or something alike

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theturtlewalk For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    This isn't really going to help the situation.... but if you absolutely feel so wronged by the closure of the repo that Jaku is no longer worth your money, Saurik will give you your money back no questions asked.
    nah...i said if i wanted to be an *** i am clearly not; but i do not think it's unfair to punish everyone for people pirating. i mean imagine if everything was like that? what if iTunes wouldn't you let you put CDs, or mp3 downloads from amazon or any other source onto your idevice that's just insane. that's just how i feel about it...may not be the best analogy but that's how i see it

Quote Originally Posted by theturtlewalk View Post
    You paid for jaku and nothing to do with the repo,,,and jaku does indeed have 100's of icons already, check them in ifile or something alike
    cool...thanks for the info; that's all i wanted to know...you sir are very helpful.
    Last edited by jackson1714; 03-02-2013 at 08:50 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sad sad day. I have many tweaks installed on my i5 but only one theme; this one. It's the reason I jailbroke my phone in the first place. Hopefully things will work out and the "Jakuniverse" will be as it should. Until then... Thanks Will and everyone that contributed to this forum and the repo. You guys made my phone exactly how I wanted it. Thank You.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyMatty For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone heggs80's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else who see the small pixels that looks to not belong on the weathericon? Anyone know whats causing that? Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1362282971.315494.jpg

Thanks

This is so sad...

Let's wait and see what happens next.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro Castro For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Guys I understand we are all venting. I did myself. Lets not talk about refunds though. This theme is well worth the 3 bucks and then some without the repo. It's a beautiful theme. Even with this going on I'm not taking it off my phone. I love it. I'm just disappointed. It's hard to have a fun sharing thread where creative freedom is present with all these guidelines and restrictions. Is what it is though.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), kwajkid (03-06-2013), macinmac (03-03-2013), nnfdcane (03-03-2013), sickchris714 (03-02-2013), Silverado1987 (03-02-2013), Vicarious (03-02-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    This is ridiculous! What's the point of making stuff if not to share with others that share your passion? Lok no offense bro. I'm sure in real life you are a great guy and certainly are a great artist. But you need a reality check. Without the community you have nothing. Perhaps you prefer to make these nice things and look at them alone. I've never seen such behavior. Quite frankly it's pathetic!
    I agree. Without us the theme is nothing. He does need a reality check just a little. There's not much he can do about piracy. "Perhaps you prefer to make these nice things and look at them alone"

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silverado1987 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), Pinoy (03-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Guys I understand we are all venting. I did myself. Lets not talk about refunds though. This theme is well worth the 3 bucks and then some without the repo. It's a beautiful theme. Even with this going on I'm not taking it off my phone. I love it. I'm just disappointed. It's hard to have a fun sharing thread where creative freedom is present with all these guidelines and restrictions. Is what it is though.
    Sorry about that, I just thought it was necessary to let him and anyone else know that the option was there. I would never consider asking for a refund myself.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013), Pinoy (03-02-2013)

Thanks

In fact I'd pay for updates. Or addons.
    Is money the issue then ? Lok ?
    Free. For all devices.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Sorry about that, I just thought it was necessary to let him and anyone else know that the option was there. I would never consider asking for a refund myself.
    Certainly no apology necessary my friend.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

Let me explain. My problem with the repo was specifically due to the rampant theft by the Android community. The PSD in Jaku is there for anyone who would like to expand the set, not port it to another platform. I claim no ownership of the icons made by the community; their original creators keep the rights to their work. I take no gripe with anyone making icons for Jaku (provided of course they don't use elements from my own work which I've discussed ad nauseum) or how they choose to share it. My only issue was to curb the theft by those wanting to port it to another platform and then profit from it. I won't allow Jaku (the name or the experience) to be bastardized. It protects my product but it also protects your work. There is a level of fair use and porting it without my permission doesn't fall into that.

Most of use designers and developers using Cydia are just students or people trying to pay off their student loans. No one in that store is driving around in a Porsche with Russian supermodels throwing cash out the window. Everyone complains that there's not much quality stuff, but when someone does make something nice (like Auxo for example), people still use whatever they can think of as an excuse not to pay for it. The developer is a jerk. There aren't enough updates. It installs MobileSubstrate and I don't like that. I never got a reply from the author, etc. Even fictitious claims ("hey seems like an arrogant SOB, screw him"). I think I've heard it all. It's the same thing as the App Store. "What? The game is freemium?! I would have gladly paid $6.99 for it, hell even twenty bucks!" "What? The game is $6.99!? Screw that!!! It should be $0.99 or free!"

I've supported Jaku with all my heart. It's that love that drives me to protect it so vehemently. Those claiming Jaku was on fumes don't know that I had about 50+ icons ready to go at the first jailbreak for iOS 6. I had also dug through whatever I could to ensure it would support iOS 6, no easy task. Most of you find it hard to isolate the Bundle ID and icon file name. Try digging through the entire file system for a single PNG! Why didn't I release them? Because 99% of users couldn't even install them if they wanted to. That's just the nature of jailbreaking. People upgrade, or they get a new device locked to a version of iOS that cannot be jailbroken.

Jaku fully supported iOS 6 the day after the jailbreak came out. I spent 16 hours the day Evasi0n dropped exclusively working on Jaku. Since then, I have been steadily updating the theme more than once a week (sometimes just days apart). But it's strange how all the things I do are swept under the rug and while people already get a lot, they still want more, or it's never enough. I need to be nicer, I need to make a repo, I need to be nice to those that steal my work, and it goes on and on. Sure, I may overreact sometimes. I've done a lot of stupid things with regards to Jaku (and life in general) and have the scars to show for it. It's like anything in life: a lesson. You learn, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep moving on. There is always someone unhappy no matter what you do, though. Looking to rationalize why the don't owe you a red cent. Or why you should fail. Or just plainly, why they should hate you.

It was not my intention to close to repo. That decision was not mine. I was open to working with them on a better solution. I threw out a few suggestions, but it never reached a discussion.

But Bryan has never had a single bad intention. And I hope people aren't seriously upset with him regarding the repo or think that their donations lined the pocket of a bastard. I also recognize the tremendous work he put in on something he obviously loved so much. As I recall, he was always incredibly respectful every step of the way.

And if anyone wants to package up the icons into their respective bundles, I would happily upload a Jaku Community pack to Cydia for those wanting to share their work with a larger audience. It's a lot of work, but if people want to go that route, I am happy to get it up in Cydia for you all. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to manage it, that I would leave to you guys, but I would be willing to send it to my package maintainer and get it into Cydia.

If people have specific questions (and not just accusations), I am more than happy to answer them (honestly), but I'm just not into defending myself like I'm on trial. It sucks. I wish I could make people see how hard I work on this, but that's just impossible. Some will always see me as Mr. Burns no matter what I say and do.

PS: I would really like that thank all those that support me, despite the growing public backlash. I do read your comments and have to say it really does keep me going. So thank you to all that didn't line up with the rest of the firing squad. It has not gone unnoticed!

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

bozN (03-02-2013), Brewko (03-03-2013), DaddyMatty (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), girliegirl350z (03-03-2013), hbdragon88 (03-02-2013), heggs80 (03-02-2013), jackson1714 (03-03-2013), mrmyco (03-03-2013), NJ Devils Fan 4 Ever (03-03-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013), Pedro Castro (03-03-2013), radioBirdman (03-02-2013), Sinskin8r (03-02-2013), Vicarious (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 233 Posts

Attachment 624558

Jaku has over 200 unique icons for apps (both from Cydia and the App Store) (I'm sorry, I lost track of the exact number, but it might be ~220). That's individual icons for individual apps, all crafted solely by myself. That number does not reflecting the repo (which I have never referenced as I've never been affiliated with it). All of which are located in the Essentials bundle.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lokheed For This Useful Post:

radioBirdman (03-02-2013)

Thanks

So you don't make a 180. Good. Thank you for your reply. And for keeping aiming at enhancing Jaku.

Too bad you only recognize the hard work Bryan put into supporting your theme. Thanking him would be better.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 03-02-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Free. For all devices.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

heggs80 (03-02-2013), Iphone ie (03-03-2013), Pinoy (03-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
    And if anyone wants to package up the icons into their respective bundles, I would happily upload a Jaku Community pack to Cydia for those wanting to share their work with a larger audience. It's a lot of work, but if people want to go that route, I am happy to get it up in Cydia for you all. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to manage it, that I would leave to you guys, but I would be willing to send it to my package maintainer and get it into Cydia.
    That actually sounds like a good idea. You could make your own repo on Cydia, and then people could download the package of the icon they were looking for. Cydia could check if the theme has been previously purchased before letting them go through with the download.

iPhone? More like MyPhone heggs80's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep up the good work William, we all love it.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heggs80 For This Useful Post:

doomsday116 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013)