+ Reply
Page 1001 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 9919991000100110021003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast
Results 20,001 to 20,020 of 30006

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jaku for iOS 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I miss the icon resize tool already
...
  1. #20001
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 110 Times in 72 Posts

    I miss the icon resize tool already

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theturtlewalk For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), mrmyco (03-03-2013)

  3. #20002
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ecofrankenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    1,346
    Thanked 160 Times in 63 Posts

    Lets just set up a new community repo. You guys act like you have to ask for permission for every single thing. Don't you remember, you paid for your theme. You can do anything you want with it, it's yours.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecofrankenstein For This Useful Post:

    Dalvar3 (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013)

  5. #20003
    iPhone? More like MyPhone heggs80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 450 Times in 154 Posts

    Just to take a break on figthing. Does anybody know how to fix this?Jaku for iOS 5-imageuploadedbymodmyi1362277935.011651.jpg

  6. #20004
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,311
    Thanks
    31,173
    Thanked 8,929 Times in 3,714 Posts

    Stop saying that. The template is the author's.
    He has rights on releases done with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by heggs80 View Post
    Just to take a break on figthing. Does anybody know how to fix this?Attachment 624553
    I believe it's your CK theme messing that thing up.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  7. #20005
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 353 Times in 172 Posts

    I really don't know what the true issue is, just what I've seen from this forum and what people have said. Sorry if the below is incredibly incoherent and unorganized. I just want to give my 2 cents.

    If the reason for the close of the jakurepo was because it made it too easy for people to get third party icons, doesn't that defeat the purpose of including a PSD? Why include the PSD, and when your loyal followers make a repo for your theme, eventually close it? I mean, if I made a theme and a community website set up for it was packed with hundreds of awesome icons and hit its bandwidth limit in half a month, I would be encouraging its growth if not supporting it. I'd see it as a testament to how ******* awesome the theme I created is, and be happy that it's so popular.

    Sure there's the issue with piracy, but every single dev faces that. Auxo has a 90% piracy rate, Springtomize 2 has at least 80%. I don't know if Jaku has been pirated more than 90% of the time, but the fact is as a dev or artist you have to face that. It's annoying and goddamn insulting when a pirate comes to you for help, I realize that.

    There's an easy solution. Let them know that because they pirated your tweak or theme, you will not be providing them support. Then, kindly ask them to purchase it, or if it's within your financial means, offer them a slight discount. Jaku costs $3 on Cydia, maybe ask for $2 via a direct donation? (I know you only get 70% from a sale so $2 is not much less than $2.10) A lot of times, being polite will rub people off the right way and they may be willing to buy it at that discounted price. Many times, people just don't have Paypal or Amazon access in their country (I've seen this plenty of times on /r/jailbreak) and thus have no way to pay. If you offer them an alternate avenue, say Google Checkout (Saurik doesn't support that because of reasons, I can provide his explanation if necessary), they may be willing to fork over the money. If they say "No, I can't/won't pay you for the theme" or insult you, then just tell them to piss off (politely of course).

    The number one goal is to always be polite (which, from some of your comments in the thread, I can say in all fairness you don't do Lokheed). Even if it's just one or two, politeness will net you more sales. It'd be better to have people leave saying "Man I pirated Jaku and didn't get help, but Lokheed was still nice to me! What a nice guy." than "Man I pirated Jaku and didn't get help, but Lokheed was an ******* to me! I'm definitely not going to buy it now."

    If the issue was with people using only icons from the repo, well, isn't that better than having them pirate it? I mean, they didn't buy your theme, but they didn't steal it either. They're only using things that are publicly available and had to put a lot of time and effort into putting the bundles together correctly.

    If the issue was with having to do too much management of the repo even though it wasn't yours, I don't believe it wouldn't be difficult to reduce that responsibility to almost zero. From what I've seen, bjbinc has been extremely cooperative in removing icons that you don't like. Throwing together a canned email reply for those asking about jakurepo wouldn't be hard either. Spend about 5 minutes writing it up and making sure it's grammatically correct and polite, throw it in a filter on GMail, and you're done.

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), bjbinc (03-02-2013), Dalvar3 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), hbdragon88 (03-02-2013), IrobertI (03-03-2013), JerryCooP (03-02-2013), Korazu (03-02-2013), meth357 (08-22-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013), sickchris714 (03-02-2013), theturtlewalk (03-02-2013)

  9. #20006
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    903
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 983 Times in 542 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
    Would ya mind sharing this widget?
    I used iWidget and Epiq from Cydia.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

  11. #20007
    Green Apple fogeldotnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 30 Times in 16 Posts

    Jaku sat dormant for awhile. No updates and was close to abandoned. I think it was the Jaku Repo that kept the theme going. I paid for the theme and relied on the repo to get icons for apps that weren't included. Kinda sucks.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fogeldotnet For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013)

  13. #20008
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts

    Wait wait wait, so it's "piracy" if we take icons from the repo without having paid for it? There must have been 10+ names I saw who themed the hundreds of icons on that repo. Did they get a cut of the proceeds that the Jaku theme generated? I'm very confused here. I was going to inquire about whether I should buy Jaku to use the repo's icons, but that question seems to have been decided already just now.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hbdragon88 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), Vicarious (03-02-2013)

  15. #20009
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    At bjbinc and Lok:

    Even though the repo is down, I just want to say thank you for all of the time you guys have out on this theme.

  16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), bjbinc (03-02-2013), DaddyMatty (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013), iGeriya (03-02-2013), j.dstasio (03-03-2013), JerryCooP (03-02-2013), mrmyco (03-03-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013), radioBirdman (03-02-2013), Vicarious (03-02-2013)

  17. #20010
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 353 Times in 172 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Stop saying that. The template is the author's.
    He has rights on releases done with them.
    Are you sure about that Alfroggy? Usually I agree with what you say, but I'm going to have to disagree here. If he's providing a template for people to use, whoever creates an icon with that template should have the rights to icons they create. If you take it at an even bigger scale, say a company uses a pre-loaded Microsoft Powerpoint template for their presentation used in a press conference. Does Microsoft own the contents of that powerpoint? No. It's not the best analogy (it's a crappy one actually), but I hope it gets my point across. If Lokheed owns the rights to releases that were made using the template, then theoretically he would have the right to include icons from jakurepo in official updates for Jaku. He wouldn't have to pay anyone. All the icons you, bjbinc, akrimmer, blacksquatch, chaotic buddhist, and everyone else made would be up for grabs. It would be like free labor, and Lokheed gets to reap the benefits while you guys don't see any paycheck.

    Quote Originally Posted by hbdragon88 View Post
    Wait wait wait, so it's "piracy" if we take icons from the repo without having paid for it? There must have been 10+ names I saw who themed the hundreds of icons on that repo. Did they get a cut of the proceeds that the Jaku theme generated? I'm very confused here. I was going to inquire about whether I should buy Jaku to use the repo's icons, but that question seems to have been decided already just now.
    Personally, I would say that if you haven't bought Jaku (either you just didn't buy it, or you pirated it), jakurepo as it was set up should not be something you are not allowed to take advantage of. If from the beginning it did a UUID or license check on your device, that's another story.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), iGeriya (03-02-2013)

  19. #20011
    Green Apple Pedro Castro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 212 Times in 42 Posts

    OMG! So disappointed. Just got my contribuitor account today... lol

    Will post my icons in my Dropbox for everyone.

  20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pedro Castro For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), doomsday116 (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), iGeriya (03-02-2013), Iphone ie (03-03-2013), mrmyco (03-03-2013), nnfdcane (03-03-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013), sickchris714 (03-02-2013), Vicarious (03-02-2013), wproms (03-02-2013)

  21. #20012
    My iPhone is a Part of Me darkenmyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 762 Times in 430 Posts

    pirates: quit being pirates.
    you paid hundreds for your iphone/ipod, plus your hefty monthly bill for your iphone, you can shell out $3 for jaku.
    small price to pay for perfection. and we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkenmyday For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), Nsomnia34 (03-03-2013), radioBirdman (03-02-2013)

  23. #20013
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 146 Times in 99 Posts

    why is the repo down? the explanation given was not good enough...i just purchased this theme about a month mainly because of the repo and the community. i don't understand how icons created by others are a problem? why include the psd? im sure all the people who created icons dont receive any of the 3 bucks this theme cost...if i wanted to be ***...i would ask for my money back...im pretty sure, correct me if i am wrong, the description in cydia boasts about the massive amount of icons available for the theme and the repo...but oh well...there's nothing more we can do about it.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackson1714 For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013)

  25. #20014
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,311
    Thanks
    31,173
    Thanked 8,929 Times in 3,714 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Are you sure about that Alfroggy? Usually I agree with what you say, but I'm going to have to disagree here. If he's providing a template for people to use, whoever creates an icon with that template should have the rights to icons they create. If you take it at an even bigger scale, say a company uses a pre-loaded Microsoft Powerpoint template for their presentation used in a press conference. Does Microsoft own the contents of that powerpoint? No. It's not the best analogy (it's a crappy one actually), but I hope it gets my point across. If Lokheed owns the rights to releases that were made using the template, then theoretically he would have the right to include icons from jakurepo in official updates for Jaku. He wouldn't have to pay anyone. All the icons you, bjbinc, akrimmer, blacksquatch, chaotic buddhist, and everyone else made would be up for grabs. It would be like free labor, and Lokheed gets to reap the benefits while you guys don't see any paycheck.
    I'm pretty sure the template is included for personal use. If Lokheed had chosen not to include an icon template, he'd be drowned with icon requests.
    He doesn't want that. As I've said earlier, Jaku requires inspiration for its icons to be designed. He needs that, however godly we believe he is. More than inspiration, so-called pixel perfection asks for time as well.
    The templates being there provides him with an excuse for not taking requests. More than the low price of the theme.
    The community did that request chore. Not that it is always considered a chore, but some apps and ways icons are asked don't appeal to contributors.
    Jakurepo was such a nifty compilation of the work put in the shared icons it appealed new users everyday.
    The fact that this thread was kept in the front page of the forum helped keeping the theme live as well, even on the no-jailbreak times.
    Jaku needs us. Jaku to the people !

    On a side note, my six icons wouldn't give me even copper dust anyway. That's if their quality deserved them to be included to the official theme. Which it doesn't.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

    Vicarious (03-02-2013)

  27. #20015
    Livin the iPhone Life Dalvar3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 943 Times in 415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Castro View Post
    OMG! So disappointed. Just got my contribuitor account today... lol

    Will post my icons in my Dropbox for everyone.
    Tu fuiste el culpable

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalvar3 For This Useful Post:

    doomsday116 (03-02-2013)

  29. #20016
    Etch A Alfroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5,311
    Thanks
    31,173
    Thanked 8,929 Times in 3,714 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Tu fuiste el culpable
    It was me.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

  30. #20017
    Mod Samurai Pinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,645
    Thanks
    8,691
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

    @bjbinc- hey bro on another note. I came here very late and over the last week have seen quite a few things you did here. Just wanted to tell you I'm a fan. Seems everything you touch is razor sharp. I'm using your dock and reflection right now. I love how you faded the base of the mask. It's as realistic as possible. Kudos to you brother.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), bjbinc (03-02-2013), ecofrankenstein (03-02-2013), mrmyco (03-03-2013)

  32. #20018
    My iPhone is a Part of Me radioBirdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    1,465
    Thanked 914 Times in 511 Posts

    Just a thought, but maybe a compromise could be made in that icons only be allowed on the repo for apps that are not otherwise themed by the paid theme..? That would stop pirates (including Android kiddies) from creating "complete" collections using repo icons..?

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radioBirdman For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013), heggs80 (03-02-2013)

  34. #20019
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 312 Times in 95 Posts

    todos fuimos los culpables

  35. #20020
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    752
    Thanked 353 Times in 172 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    I'm pretty sure the template is included for personal use. If Lokheed had chosen not to include an icon template, he'd be drowned with icon requests.
    He doesn't want that. As I've said earlier, Jaku requires inspiration for its icons to be designed. He needs that, however godly we believe he is. More than inspiration, so-called pixel perfection asks for time as well.
    The templates being there provides him with an excuse for not taking requests. More than the low price of the theme.
    The community did that request chore. Not that it is always considered a chore, but some apps and ways icons are asked don't appeal to contributors.
    Jakurepo was such a nifty compilation of the work put in the shared icons it appealed new users everyday.
    The fact that this thread was kept in the front page of the forum helped keeping the theme live as well, even on the no-jailbreak times.
    Jaku needs us. Jaku to the people !

    On a side note, my six icons wouldn't give me even copper dust anyway. That's if their quality deserved them to be included to the official theme. Which it doesn't.
    I realize that was the purpose of the template. But regardless of its purpose, the need for inspiration, or the quality of the icons made with the template, that does not mean Lokheed owns rights to the icons.

    When I said that he could take icons from jakurepo and put them in his official releases, I never said that he would actually do that, since I know he's a perfectionist. I'm just saying that by suggesting he owns rights to them, you're also suggesting he can do that.

    On the other hand, I do believe that Lokheed should have the right to close the repo. It was operated on his blessing, and if that blessing is taken away, I don't think it should be allowed to stay. That doesn't mean that I'll agree with whatever reason he gives though.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Vicarious For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-02-2013)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts