+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stitches

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Ahhh thanks I appreciate that, I was not too sure how this would be accepted since it's obviously not very techy but I'll try to step up to the plate
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,156 Posts

Ahhh thanks I appreciate that, I was not too sure how this would be accepted since it's obviously not very techy but I'll try to step up to the plate w/ this as best I can we need more variety around here anyways. hehe =)

(thanks again!)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 553 Posts

That's simply beautiful... Keep going!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ulysseleviet For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Looks great!

But first of all, how did you manage to get the weather background on the whole screen?!
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maarten16 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey regarding the numbers on the dialer, perhaps the numbers themselves could be made out of a different coloured "cloth"? With contrasting stitches so that the stitches are still visible. For example black cloth with white stitches? Or black cloth with brown stitches (the brown used being roughly the same colour as the background). Just examples, I'm not exactly very artistic.

Also, will this theme cost money? Thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spvn For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten16 View Post
    Looks great!

But first of all, how did you manage to get the weather background on the whole screen?!

Hi Maarten
    To be totally honest I am not sure, it could be another tweak I've got running in the background causing some "positive conflict" or the size of my images? But it's random so I'm still trying to troubleshoot that and see if it has to do w/ the default loading image that keeps messing w/ that. But I will let you know if I can figure that out okay.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Hi Maarten
    To be totally honest I am not sure, it could be another tweak I've got running in the background causing some "positive conflict" or the size of my images? But it's random so I'm still trying to troubleshoot that and see if it has to do w/ the default loading image that keeps messing w/ that. But I will let you know if I can figure that out okay.
    ok, cool, really want to know =P Thanks.
    If you'd like, follow me on Twitter: @16Maarten
    Master Theme Creator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spvn View Post
    Hey regarding the numbers on the dialer, perhaps the numbers themselves could be made out of a different coloured "cloth"? With contrasting stitches so that the stitches are still visible. For example black cloth with white stitches? Or black cloth with brown stitches (the brown used being roughly the same colour as the background). Just examples, I'm not exactly very artistic.

Also, will this theme cost money? Thanks.
    Thank you for the input it's greatly appreciated cuz right now I'm not liking my dialer at alllll (and it's holding me up so it's becoming very frustrating) Either some fonts I've been trying are a bit too techy for the feel of this theme or it keeps ending up looking like my Grama's quilt or something! (which is just not going to look good at all for this)

When I feel satisfied w/ something of decent quality to put out "here" I will put up a donation link and send the links out for download per donations. With donations you don't set a price so the donation can be what you feel okay? Once it goes up on Cydia you really have no choice but to set a price (since Cydia needs to take it's cut you have to set the price high enough so you don't end up getting only 5 cents for your hard work in the end)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-24-2012)

Thanks

...very unique ....beautiful style

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cj.artworks For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

Thanks

Thank you cj =)

I'll add two lockscreens one alilll more feminine than the other. The needle one will slide the needle to open your device, (cool effect but could be too female for the guys) I'm leaving the center clean so you guys can custo the wall w/ your name in stitches or whatever okay. Also I've added the transparency images so that ppl will not need to download another app to set the default lockscreen transparent to see this theme correctly.

Last edited by Doreen; 01-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (01-22-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,564 Times in 2,038 Posts

love the concept and your execution so far! the only thing i would change would be the bottom bar and the dialer numbers. the bar just looks strange to me with the way it shows the images at the bottom. i would alomst just leave it stock. and the dialer you already have lots of stitching around the numbers i would make the inside more like you did with your icons. but love the work so far! looks like it could be a Tommy Bahama theme.
    I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a ****!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=jfriends4438%40gmai  l%2ecom&lc=US&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsB  F%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Truckinlow For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

zma
    Thanks

Wow it is silk and nice love from the first look the most important question when is the release date or the beta ?
    ʎɐʍ ʇɐႡʇ әɟ!Ⴈ ʎɯ әʞɐɯ әuoႡd! ʎɯ

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zma For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinlow View Post
    love the concept and your execution so far! the only thing i would change would be the bottom bar and the dialer numbers. the bar just looks strange to me with the way it shows the images at the bottom. i would alomst just leave it stock. and the dialer you already have lots of stitching around the numbers i would make the inside more like you did with your icons. but love the work so far! looks like it could be a Tommy Bahama theme.

Thank you so much truckinlow
    I agree. I'm just really unsatisfied w/ the dialer and that is going to take a complete overhaul. I'm just trying not to get sidetracked on that all day since everything else still needs to be done and the UI Popup is something that is more work then I expected I cannot seem to add texture to the center or it gets stretched and distorted however I can add the texture to the top and bottom the sides stretch so I cannot stitch the sides so I added a bar. Here is the result:

Quote Originally Posted by zma View Post
    Wow it is silk and nice love from the first look the most important question when is the release date or the beta ?

Hi zma
    I kinda feel silly calling a theme a beta but I will release the first "version" of my theme most likely tonight and then send out updates as I complete the theme more I want to theme the media player but right now the UI is really the hardest part and the dialer is a nightmare so I will need until tonight okay.
    Last edited by Doreen; 01-22-2012 at 01:06 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (01-22-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

Thanks

Sorry you guys for the delay but the dialer was really bugging me. I think I got it now. I'm not finished yet (I still need to do the bottom layout) but I'm a bit more happy w/ this dialer.

Last edited by Doreen; 01-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (01-23-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Very beautiful and well-crafted theme.

I love it when you see a theme and you can actually see "art" oozing from it. I'm definitely a fan of this one
    #eli7e revived me

25. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-23-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Very beautiful and well-crafted theme.

I love it when you see a theme and you can actually see "art" oozing from it. I'm definitely a fan of this one

I may not have spoken to most of you guys directly that are leaving me such gracious comments but I def know who you are and have both seen and used your themes as well and I am truly touched but these comments. Thank alot you guys, I really appreciate it! =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry you guys for the delay but the dialer was really bugging me. I think I got it now. I'm not finished yet (I still need to do the bottom layout) but I'm a bit more happy w/ this dialer.

Sorry I'm going to be frank here, but to me the buttons look kinda cheap now, with that colour and gradiant and font. Kinda makes it look like they were done in Powerpoint.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to spvn For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-23-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! Your theme amaze me, Looking how this is, won't you make a jeans version whenever your complete with this one, i like themes like this

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel212 For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-23-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

zma
    Thanks

Thanks so much you guys! Unfortunetely I'm stumbling and hitting a brick wall on the Dialer. A close friend of mine gave me his input and said maybe I should try a "Stitch Font" for the dialer I've tried just about everything under the sun today on this dialer (and have waisted a ton of time) but the dialer should be the main thing to look good even though we never pay attention to that it issss a phone after all. hehe

Anyways, some input and advice you guys. Should I just leave this as is and move on or trash the idea all together?

In my point of view I think this dialer it looks more real , it is my opinion only
    ʎɐʍ ʇɐႡʇ әɟ!Ⴈ ʎɯ әʞɐɯ әuoႡd! ʎɯ

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zma For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-23-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

Thanks

Sorry for the delay I just got home from work. Thank you for the input (I appreciate all of it) I will have to work on that dialer some more obviously. *sigh* I'm really having a hard time on that.

For those of you that have already donated to me "Thank you" I will send you out the link "tonight" for download but I have to send you the stitched dialer I did before this last one until I completely rework it over and then I will of course send you out the free update. I want to finish up the Timer app before I send you guys out the link tonight so please bear w/ me I got home late from work. This is what I am finishing up tonight.
    Yesss, I do realize that my screenshots are horrible but if I spend too much time worrying about the quality of my screenshots I will never get a good quality theme out. (so please excuse the quick and blurry screenshots)

Last edited by Doreen; 01-23-2012 at 09:03 PM.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doreen For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (01-23-2012), It's Mi (01-24-2012)

Thanks

Hi Doreen. I agree with zma. The first Dialer you created fits the theme better, thanks

36. The Following User Says Thank You to indyzzzz For This Useful Post:

Doreen (01-23-2012)