+ Reply
Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137145146147148149 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll Hi all, So here is an update on the problem I had. I tested this with BasaltHDLS with new code, the widget I got from
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 4,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi all,

So here is an update on the problem I had.

I tested this with BasaltHDLS with new code, the widget I got from MamaJaay (also with new code) and the UniAW with the new code.

The problem arises when gps is on & you are in a location that cannot work with gps, so the widgets revert to using your locale code.

All widgets update fine EXCEPT when it comes to sunrise/sunset times (when the sun changes to a moon and vice versa). Then weird things start happening, sometimes you lose the animations, sometimes you lose the sun/moon, all times the widget does NOT update from this point till you re-spring, although the updade times do!

I have confirmed it is not just with my UniAW but also with the other 2 widgets I tested.

So the issue is when you are using your locale code via gps on but bad coordinates and only around sunset/sunrise.

My gps coordinates are: Lat=10.168677 Long=124.758622. My locale code is 1199409.

THE UNIAW - NO MORE HAZE ANIMATION BUT SOMETIMES ALSO LOSE THE SUN/MOON

MAMAJAAY'S WIDGET - NO MORE SUN/MOON.

BASALTHD WIDGET - NO MORE SUN/MOON

EDIT.

BTY, The UniAW is using the "neighborhood" name for the city, that's why the names are different.
    Ian, I may be wrong, but I think the haze condition does not call the sun/moon animations. I'll have to check the code. But some of the weather conditions in Dacal's animated weather do not display sun/moon.

JS shows this I believe Attachment 627273

So these widgets may be working right

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), lostinthemes (03-26-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,219 Times in 3,920 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Ian, I may be wrong, but I think the haze condition does not call the sun/moon animations. I'll have to check the code. But some of the weather conditions in Dacal's animated weather do not display sun/moon.

JS shows this I believe Attachment 627273

So these widgets may be working right
    Holy moly, thanks for pointing this out, I know this as I was the one who originally coded the UniAW version 1 like this, a few conditions like rain, snow etc don't have the sun/moon. But yours and Dacals have a small glitch, the sun is set to show in haze but the moon is not!

You should make it like this:
    Code:
    if (where == "day") {
    document.getElementById("moon").style.display='none';
    document.getElementById("moonray").style.display='none';
    document.getElementById("sun").style.display='block';
    document.getElementById("sunray").style.display='block';
    } else {
    document.getElementById("moon").style.display='block';
    document.getElementById("moonray").style.display='block';
    document.getElementById("sun").style.display='none';
    document.getElementById("sunray").style.display='none';
    }
    Unless you don't want the sun/moon, then set them all to none.

Thanks again for raising my attention to this, because I saw the sun in the daytime I presumed the moon would be their in nighttime.

So now I know it's my js file, at least I know now though.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkheinz's Avatar
    Thanks

Ian....hi...can i change the direction from sun and moon??...not from left to right....so from right to left...is it possible????? yes i know the question is buggy....

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkheinz View Post
    Ian....hi...can i change the direction from sun and moon??...not from left to right....so from right to left...is it possible????? yes i know the question is buggy....
    Hi,

Ian,

I hate to ask this but instead of you working on making your creation better for the thousands of us who use it, and appreciate it. And BTW wish you could just perfect it for the new IOS and jailbreak. Could you make my sun come up from the bottom, moon come across left to right, make the haze into rain, do away with all cloudy days, make the sunshine all the time, and tint everything Rose so they will match my needs, and my wants.

Please everyone we have genius's making us awesome apps and themes lets focus on correcting real problems with the operation of the themes. Just one persons humble opinion. Lets get a release of UniAW6.0 with wiper.

I hope I did'nt offend anyone.

QT

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamaqtpa2t For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Dacal (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), NewdestinyX (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks again,

I've made yours and Dacal's into PerPage widgets, set all config's the same, removed all overlays etc. So I have my UniAW on page 1, your widget on page 2 and Dacals Basalt LS on page 3. Now I just wait till tomorrow morning.

I got no idea what you have under it in WinterBoard, but first, in the UniAW.theme folder, re-name Widget.html to Wallpaper.html.

Okay, first thing, I want to thank you very much for your reply! I greatly appreciate all that you have done here that said, I uninstalled winter board and all themes. Rebooted. Installed only winterboard and UniAW 5.0 WB. I then renamed Widget.html to Wallpaper.html. Applied only that theme. It works! But, the background is black now... Any ideas?

Thanks

I found the error in my js file, it's working now so I can get on with doing all the other things

Change log to date:

Iv'e got 8 languages in it now.
    Changed the rainbow image.
    Added an option in the config for showing the rainbow or not (only in daytime showers conditions)
    Made a wiper in C4d.
    Added the wiper to all wet conditions.
    Got the wiper in it's own div so you can adjust it's z-index separately (from rainbow/lightening)
    Added a option in the config for showing the rainbow (only in wet conditions)
    Added an option in the config for using "neighborhood" nam for "City" (Thanks Dacal)
    Made and added new HD cloud images
    Lots of settings tweaks, basically add more things as now we don't have the iPhone 3G so much, so added much more rain drops, speeded the falling drops up, more clouds... things like this. (Still have lots to do here)

Sorry it's taking so long, I'm at home with family now so not spending too much time on it + spent a lot of time testing/finding bugs.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Dacal (03-21-2013), Darrenrooster (03-22-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), lostinthemes (03-26-2013), SHARON1O (03-22-2013), sigit (03-21-2013), The.Drifter (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,018 Times in 4,527 Posts

Hi all,

So here is an update on the problem I had.

I tested this with BasaltHDLS with new code, the widget I got from MamaJaay (also with new code) and the UniAW with the new code.

The problem arises when gps is on & you are in a location that cannot work with gps, so the widgets revert to using your locale code.

All widgets update fine EXCEPT when it comes to sunrise/sunset times (when the sun changes to a moon and vice versa). Then weird things start happening, sometimes you lose the animations, sometimes you lose the sun/moon, all times the widget does NOT update from this point till you re-spring, although the updade times do!

I have confirmed it is not just with my UniAW but also with the other 2 widgets I tested.

So the issue is when you are using your locale code via gps on but bad coordinates and only around sunset/sunrise.

My gps coordinates are: Lat=10.168677 Long=124.758622. My locale code is 1199409.

THE UNIAW - NO MORE HAZE ANIMATION BUT SOMETIMES ALSO LOSE THE SUN/MOON

BTY, The UniAW is using the "neighborhood" name for the city, that's why the names are different. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Ian,
    Though I agree with MamaJaay's comments about Haze.. don't get sidetracked from your main observations. I have the exact same experience with any BasaltHD, new Dacal -based weather code including my MJSmash version 2 stuff, Basalt HD lock screen and Ferlop's new SB widget. At a certain time of day, the day to night conversion and weather condition do NOT change at the change interval. But only after a respring. So there's still an issue somewhere.

Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trbicoffield View Post
    Okay, first thing, I want to thank you very much for your reply! I greatly appreciate all that you have done here that said, I uninstalled winter board and all themes. Rebooted. Installed only winterboard and UniAW 5.0 WB. I then renamed Widget.html to Wallpaper.html. Applied only that theme. It works! But, the background is black now... Any ideas?
    I never really like to renme it to Wallpaper.html, just testing it works, read all the posts on page 121 and see if that helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian,
    Though I agree with MamaJaay's comments about Haze.. don't get sidetracked from your main observations. I have the exact same experience with any BasaltHD, new Dacal -based weather code including my MJSmash version 2 stuff, Basalt HD lock screen and Ferlop's new SB widget. At a certain time of day, the day to night conversion and weather condition do NOT change at the change interval. But only after a respring. So there's still an issue somewhere.

Grant
    I found an error in my js file that was causing my issue, mine seems fine now! Will keep an eye on it.
    The error in my file was caused by me, it's not in Dacal's version.
    If you want, send me your widget so I can test it on my phones too, Dacal is very busy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by mkheinz View Post
    I did have a quick look into this.

1st, you would have to re-position the start point of the sun image in the css file (300px instead of -300px)

This code calculates how many hours & minutes there is in daytime & nighttime (using the sunrise/sunset times)

This code then takes those results and moves the sun/moon over that period of time from zero pixels to 320 pixels, but I'm not sure how to calculate this in reverse! Sorry.
    Maybe you can google it and try some things yourself, I think you need to change the highlighted code in the screen shot below but not sure what to change it to!
    This sort of thing I usually google and research till I figure it out but I want to get the UniAW6.0 finished first.

Hi Dacal, post 2922 M8.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW5.0-2.png   UniAW5.0-3.png   UniAW5.0-1.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-21-2013 at 06:05 PM.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Dacal (03-21-2013), Darrenrooster (03-22-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), lostinthemes (03-26-2013), mkheinz (03-22-2013), SHARON1O (03-22-2013), sigit (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

I never really like to renme it to Wallpaper.html, just testing it works, read all the posts on page 121 and see if that helps you.

I found an error in my js file that was causing my issue, mine seems fine now! Will keep an eye on it.
    The error in my file was caused by me, it's not in Dacal's version.
    If you want, send me your widget so I can test it on my phones too, Dacal is very busy at the moment.

I did have a quick look into this.

1st, you would have to re-position the start point of the sun image in the css file (300px instead of -300px)

This code calculates how many hours & minutes there is in daytime & nighttime (using the sunrise/sunset times)

This code then takes those results and moves the sun/moon over that period of time from zero pixels to 320 pixels, but I'm not sure how to calculate this in reverse! Sorry.
    Maybe you can google it and try some things yourself, I think you need to change the highlighted code in the screen shot below but not sure what to change it to!
    This sort of thing I usually google and research till I figure it out but I want to get the UniAW6.0 finished first.

Hi Dacal, post 2922 M8.
    In fact, it's not really difficult to reverse all weather animation, just need to adjust all CSS, JS,... But the most simple way is to rotate the phone by 180 degree .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), lostinthemes (03-26-2013), sigit (03-21-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    In fact, it's not really difficult to reverse all weather animation, just need to adjust all CSS, JS,... But the most simple way is to rotate the phone by 180 degree .
    Weather animations is easy, but what do you change "*320" to (screen shot above) to for reversing the sun?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,452 Times in 6,379 Posts

Ian, if there's something I can do, just PM me bro.

*-320 ?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), SHARON1O (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ian, if there's something I can do, just PM me bro.

*-320 ?
    Cheers M8, I tried *-320 yesterday, doesn't work, it's not really important, I just like to know things I don't know!!

If it started out with +320, then -320 would probably work, but it's on *320 (times).
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Weather animations is easy, but what do you change "*320" to (screen shot above) to for reversing the sun?
    Just the JavaScript, nothing else :

// POSITION OF SUN/MOON
    if ((time_to_change_wall < dayhour) || (time_to_change_wall > nighthour)) {
    where = "night";
    if (time_to_change_wall < dayhour) { time_to_change_wall = time_to_change_wall +24 };
    pTranslate = parseInt((1-(time_to_change_wall - nighthour)/ DurationOfNight)*320);
    document.getElementById("moon").style.webkitTransf orm = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    document.getElementById("moonray").style.webkitTra nsform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    } else {
    where = "day";
    pTranslate = parseInt((1-(time_to_change_wall - dayhour)/ DurationOfDay)*320);
    document.getElementById("sun").style.webkitTransfo rm = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    document.getElementById("sunray").style.webkitTran sform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    }
    To explain, i calculate the progression (and translation) of the sun/moon with a percent of the duration of the day/night.

Sunrise at 7 am, sunset at 6 am, and it's 10 am.

=> duration of the day : 11 hours.
    => Progression : (10 am - 7 am)/11 hours = 27.3%
    => Translation : 27.3% * 320 (screen width) = +83px (83px to the left).

To reverse, just need to do a 1- 27.3% = 72.3%. The translation is reversed and the sun/moon will go from right to left.

PS : The initial sun position is set to 0px (on BaSalt, image width of 320px and sun is centered on it, so left is -160px in the CSS). For uniaw, it's the same, width is 600px, position set to -300px in the CSS.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-21-2013 at 07:19 PM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Just the JavaScript, nothing else :
    Yeah Dacal, I know where to do it, but to get the sun to travel from right to left what do you change *320 to?

The UniAW sun image is 600X600, and currently starts at -300 in the css file, I think it would need chanced for reverse direction to 300 (opposite side of screen). It's just the js thats confusing me.

Edit..

Oops, I posted this before you edited your post.

Thanks for the explanation, but this makes it move from left to right, how to make it move from right to left.

Haha... all this for one persons request but it's a good learning exorcize.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-21-2013 at 06:55 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Yeah Dacal, I know where to do it, but to get the sun to travel from right to left what do you change *320 to?

The UniAW sun image is 600X600, and currently starts at -300 in the css file, I think it would need chanced for reverse direction to 300 (opposite side of screen). It's just the js thats confusing me.
    I explain above . To reverse, i just do a (1 - 27.3%) => 72.7%.

No need to change anything in the CSS.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-21-2013 at 06:56 PM.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), sigit (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks

I explain above . To reverse, i just do a (1 - 27.3%) => 72.7%.

No need to change anything in the CSS.
    I think I see where the confusion is, I don't have that line of code in the UniAW,
    document.getElementById("sunray").style.left = pTranslate - 160 + "px";
    here is what I have:
    Code:
    				// POSITION OF SUN/MOON
    				where = "night";
    				if (time_to_change_wall < dayhour) { time_to_change_wall = time_to_change_wall +24 };
    				pTranslate = parseInt(((time_to_change_wall - nighthour)/ DurationOfNight)*320);
    				document.getElementById("moon").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("moonray").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night/night.png";
    				document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night_iph5/night.png";					
    				} else {
    				where = "day";
    				pTranslate = parseInt(((time_to_change_wall - dayhour)/ DurationOfDay)*320);
    				document.getElementById("sun").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("sunray").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				if (iPhoneType === "iph4") {	document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night/night.png";
    		} else {	document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night_iph5/night.png";
    		}
    		}

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I see where the confusion is, I don't have that line of code in the UniAW,
    document.getElementById("sunray").style.left = pTranslate - 160 + "px";
    here is what I have:
    Code:
    				// POSITION OF SUN/MOON
    				where = "night";
    				pTranslate = parseInt(((time_to_change_wall - nighthour)/ DurationOfNight)*320);
    				document.getElementById("moon").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("moonray").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night/night.png";
    				document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night_iph5/night.png";					
    				} else {
    				where = "day";
    				document.getElementById("sun").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				document.getElementById("sunray").style.webkitTransform = "translateX("+pTranslate+"px)";
    				if (iPhoneType === "iph4") {	document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night/night.png";
    		} else {	document.getElementById("weatherWall").src="Images/day_night_iph5/night.png";
    		}
    		}

You have the lines. For exemple (sun) :

Become:

Forget the line you have mentionned (my fault, i pasted the BaSalt code), it's very specific to BaSalt (it's for moving he sunray with a scale animation). Not necessary if, like in Uniaw, you don't make a scale animation on the sunray.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-21-2013 at 07:22 PM.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks

You have the lines. For exemple (sun) :

Become:

Got it M8, sorry I didn't notice the "1-" before (old eyes!!) Tested and it works. Thanks again for the lesson. You need to be a bit of a mathematician for this too then.

So "mkheinz", hope your listening, just add that "1-" in the UniAW.js file and that's it.

Cheers Dacal, now back to V6.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Dacal (03-21-2013), It's Mi (03-22-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), mkheinz (03-21-2013), The_Durben (03-22-2013)

Thanks

Got it M8, sorry I didn't notice the "1-" before (old eyes!!) Tested and it works. Thanks again for the lesson. You need to be a bit of a mathematician for this too then.

So "mkheinz", hope your listening, just add that "1-" in the UniAW.js file and that's it.

Cheers Dacal, now back to V6.
    Have a nice day my friend, time for me to go to bed... 2:30 am here, and need to wake up a 7 am, sunrise at 6:18 am... The sun will be at 18.3 px left. You can now calculate my sunset time .
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-21-2013 at 07:30 PM.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), lostinthemes (03-26-2013)

Thanks

Have a nice day my friend, time for me to go to bed... 2:30 am here, and need to wake up a 7 am.
    Thanks Dacal,

Oh dear, sleep head tomorrow then!!

All the best.

Maybe I should put an option in the config file to reverse the sun/moon animation

PS remember to change your haze animation! The sun shows but the moon doesn't.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-21-2013 at 07:42 PM.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-21-2013), King_O_Hill (03-21-2013), sigit (03-21-2013)