+ Reply
Page 145 of 162 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135143144145146147 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX You can see my start date Gunny. I was also just a guest here for a year before that. But all main credit of course goes
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,832 Times in 6,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You can see my start date Gunny. I was also just a guest here for a year before that. But all main credit of course goes to MJ for the idea of 'timed' walls based on outdoor time of day - which I hadn't seen anywhere until MJSmash. But they were every 2 hours in MJ's original. I made the suggestion - hey how about every hour to MJ. And she incorporated it into MJSmash version 1. Correct me if I'm wrong, Gunny - but I don't think any modders had created the hourly outdoor walls concept before that. Had they? If so - who? What thread?

Anyway - I don't want to get sidetracked.
    I just posted the code above that was written a very long time ago, but modded to reduce the hourly to accommodate a more realistic day/night experience.

Day Night image code
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (03-20-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-20-2013), The_Durben (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,717 Times in 4,401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I just posted the code above that was written a very long time ago, but modded to reduce the hourly to accommodate a more realistic day/night experience.

Day Night image code
    So what SB theme particularly used hourly walls before MJSmash. Just curious King. Having code written and having a finished mod are different things. Apple didn't invent a touch screen interface but they were the first to make a touch GUI a reality on a phone.

And then other question - what do you mean by "modded to reduce the hourly to make a more realistic day/night experience?". To me - the more the background changes the more realistic. But maybe I'm misreading you there, bro. Educate me (honest request - no sarcasm).
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

So what SB theme particularly used hourly walls before MJSmash. Just curious King. Having code written and having a finished mod are different things. Apple didn't invent a touch screen interface but they were the first to make a touch GUI a reality on a phone.
    Heres a LS from 2008. I know it's not a SB widget, but the concept is the same. It even lets you select the time interval!

Look Here

And then other question - what do you mean by "modded to reduce the hourly to make a more realistic day/night experience?". To me - the more the background changes the more realistic. But maybe I'm misreading you there, bro. Educate me (honest request - no sarcasm).
    Well instead of every hour, it divides the up into slightly larger segments of Sunrise, Morning, Afternoon, Sunset and Night. Then you can choose either 2 or 3 pics for each of these conditions. Just look at the code, it is real easy to see what it is doing without having to know a lot about coding. Hourly is easy, I like this better!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-20-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (03-20-2013), NewdestinyX (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,560 Times in 7,513 Posts

You can see my start date Gunny. I was also just a guest here for a year before that. But all main credit of course goes to MJ for the idea of 'timed' walls based on outdoor time of day - which I hadn't seen anywhere until MJSmash. But they were every 2 hours in MJ's original. I made the suggestion - hey how about every hour to MJ. And she incorporated it into MJSmash version 1. Correct me if I'm wrong, Gunny - but I don't think any modders had created the hourly outdoor walls concept before that. Had they? If so - who? What thread?

Anyway - I don't want to get sidetracked.
    No offense to MJ at all Grant but she was far from the first to use timed walls as a background.
    Jeez there's a lock on this thread of mine that used this long before MJ Smash
    She even originally credited me with it (was a script Waverly used for running different wallpapers through the day) I just made them correspond to sunrise -> day -> sunset -> night

There's also a bunch of mods by others that utilized this going way back.
    The same script King stated above is basically what's being used. Same as in the one I used for the full screen lock on first post.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-20-2013), GUNNY29 (03-20-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-20-2013), King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), NewdestinyX (03-20-2013), sigit (03-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Heres a LS from 2008. I know it's not a SB widget, but the concept is the same. It even lets you select the time interval!

Look Here

Well instead of every hour, it divides the up into slightly larger segments of Sunrise, Morning, Afternoon, Sunset and Night. Then you can choose either 2 or 3 pics for each of these conditions. Just look at the code, it is real easy to see what it is doing without having to know a lot about coding. Hourly is easy, I like this better!
    But that one isn't timed to the 'hour of the day' and its varying light level. The concept there (though very cool) is a percursor to MJ's design - not really the same thing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    No offense to MJ at all Grant but she was far from the first to use timed walls as a background.
    Jeez there's a lock on this thread of mine that used this long before MJ Smash
    She even originally credited me with it (was a script Waverly used for running different wallpapers through the day) I just made them correspond to sunrise -> day -> sunset -> night

There's also a bunch of mods by others that utilized this going way back.
    The same script King stated above is basically what's being used. Same as in the one I used for the full screen lock on first post.
    Thanks for the history, Durben. I wasn't saying that 'timed walls' was original with MJ. Most of the ones I saw from my earliest time here were walls themselves tied in the script to the weather condition - and time of day only being day or night. And even then the DAY and NIGHT differences are only for PartlyCLoudy Day/Night and MOstly Cloudy Day/Night which are part of the 0-47 code Yahoo sends.

What I was trying to state, maybe I didn't well enough, was that MJ's idea of 12 walls, timed to hours of the day and time of the year, showing the varying light of the hour of the day (by season), and then eventually making it 24 different shot, one for each hour of the day, THAT was MJ's brain child. Again - UNLESS I'm wrong. None of the examples given so far (including King's example) do that 'particular aspect' that I'm talking about.

But I don't want to get off track. You are all brilliant and your mods are brilliant. I just wanted to assert the 'distinction' in MJ's design which I believe was 'ground breaking', "as a concept", and original with her. If there were others that did 'that particular concept' before MJ - I was just wanting to know who and where I could see an example - if for no other reason than to get some more 'time wall shots' I can import to MJSmash if I want to 'change it up'.

I hope that makes clearer the distinction I was making. No intend to offend at all. I am the great beneficiary of OTHER's work. And I'm super grateful.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-20-2013 at 12:55 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-20-2013)

Thanks

So your contesting the subject matter of the images? Correct?

That's really kind of reaching, don't you think?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-20-2013), GUNNY29 (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,560 Times in 7,513 Posts

I know exactly what you meant.
    And like I said, many mods used that prior.
    Again, look at my lock at bottom of first post on this thread
    That has been there for probably a year now
    There's nothing ground breaking about MJ's in this aspect

And this also is not to offend anyone. Just saying

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-20-2013), GUNNY29 (03-20-2013), NewdestinyX (03-20-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Moved...
    Last edited by cuzin; 03-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I know exactly what you meant.
    And like I said, many mods used that prior.
    Again, look at my lock at bottom of first post on this thread
    That has been there for probably a year now
    There's nothing ground breaking about MJ's in this aspect

And this also is not to offend anyone. Just saying
    Got you, bro! I did use your LS there for a while - and that's right about when MJ's came out too. But yours there, on post 1, and MJ's original are still just the 11 images - which indeed had been out for 'a minute' . The one for each hour of the day was new with MJSmash 1.2 I think. That had not been done before. That's actually why I suggested it to her because several I had tried used only 10-11 images through the day. But you were right to correct me - that 'changing light patterns' through a 24hour period were NOT original with MJSmash. "1 per hour" was the disinctiveness of MJSmash.

Thanks for the history lesson, D,
    Grant

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

In regards to the timed wall aspect of MJSmash...

First off, no offense taken anywhere, and I feel that some things need to be cleared up.
    --MJSmash started as me simply "smashing" together the work of a LOT of people. (Hence the name) I grabbed elements for various locks/SB mods created by many talented modders on this thread and others. It started with 3 different config files, 5 HTML's, 2 CSS, and then all the animated weather code on top of all that. (Its amazing that it even WORKED, as it was, as it was a mess of repetitive code) ONE of the HTML's originally used of the 5, was a timed wall HTML that belonged to a Durben lock. I had always found myself drawn to the timed wall concept.
    I originally credited Durben for the timed wall, because I had originally used the timed wall HTML for the UNIAW lock as a separate HTML in my lockscreen. They were his images and his code verbatim. (This was WAAAAY before publication. This was when it was ONLY on my phone) I had shown screenshots of my phone and as it is customary, I credited him, because it was his stuff.
    ** I had no intention of publishing it ever***
    Then I set off to find new TimedWall Images of my own, rather than using the images of someone else (even the good ones that Durben used) **mission complete**
    --Then I hooked up with bombmom and she was kind enough to negate Durben's HTML (no offense, Derrick) and create ONE html that would accomplish everything i wanted. LET ME CLARIFY... there is and never was anything wrong with Derricks HTML. The lag was because calling multiple HTML's causes more lag than if it is incorporated into one HTML. And there were so many options and touch function in my "dream lock" that it couldn't afford unnecessary lag and drain. It was gonna drain enough already with ONLY the elements I wanted included. The code was COMPLETELY rewritten at this point to accomplish what I wanted. I received multiple requests at this point to share the mod. And created a thread on the advice of several mmi members.
    I then received feedback from Grant in my thread that instead of 4-8 timed walls, he would like to see hourly. I agreed. And that was written into the code.
    --Upon doing some research, and talking to several people that have been here LONG before me, I have come to the understanding that credits for TimedWall script in general go to Waverley and BombMom. These people were the original creators, and all the TimedWall variations that almost EVERY widget maker uses, on one occasion or another, come from their scripts.
    --Bombmom "gifted" the use of the code for TimedWall as well as the animated spinning cube that activates on touch to me. Those were hers to gift, and my choice to accept... Which I gratefully did.
    --As far as MJSmash goes, I have never once stated that it is my original code. Code is code. There's only so many ways you can write an equation and still make it work. Everyone here has used parts or pieces of someone elses code at some point or another... most of the ORIGINAL weather retrieval code that all modders base their code on came from either Dacal or Ian or ibynaffa. Jenn and I have always had an agreement from day 1... She does code and I do "pretty". It works this way.
    --As I stated before, this was my "dream lock" and still is. It's always on my phone.
    Attachment 627153
    I hope I have cleared up any confusion that was floating around. I don't want people thinking I'm claiming credit for something that isn't rightfully mine. The idea was mine, the execution started with me and ended with Bombmom. Credits go to everyone who has ever made or modded a widget, those that voice suggestions, pretty much anyone that I have ever crossed paths with on mmi. (I'll make sure and ask Simon for a list of EVERY mmi member screen name that is registered on the forum and post the appropriate credits on my thread)
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

blkmini (03-20-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-20-2013), NewdestinyX (03-20-2013), The_Durben (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,530 Times in 2,379 Posts

@MJ. Did u just type all that with your freakishly fast thumbs? If so, that is more impressive than your MJ Smash project. Kudos.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,084 Posts

That wasn't the problem MJ was just NewdestinyX speaking without the facts AGAIN.

We all know you and bombmom work together and that you had/have permission to use code you may or may have used its all good. You weren't being questioned.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That wasn't the problem MJ was just NewdestinyX speaking without the facts AGAIN.

We all know you and bombmom work together and that you had/have permission to use code you may or may have used its all good. You weren't being questioned.
    I always have 'part' of the facts. I was right about the distinction of 'hourly' weather walls. I just hadn't remembered how many others had been working with 'progressive light' walls in those - 'my earlier' days. All good.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,084 Posts

Oh and you forgot ibynaffa in the whole weather retrieval code sentence all great guys
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks

Oh and you forgot ibynaffa in the whole weather retrieval code sentence all great guys
    I'll add it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    @MJ. Did u just type all that with your freakishly fast thumbs? If so, that is more impressive than your MJ Smash project. Kudos.
    Sure did

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

blkmini (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,530 Times in 2,379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'll add it now.

Sure did
    Damn. I think I'm in love.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-20-2013), SHARON1O (03-21-2013)

Thanks

Thank you, Gunny.

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,934 Times in 3,858 Posts

Ok, so I wake up this morning and again (on both iph4 & iph5) the weather animations are gone plus the temperature is not correct (don't know about the other info).

The "Last update" time is updating ok.

Yesterday I also lost the sun/moon too (see post 2875) but this morning it's on the screen, the iph5 still has a moon but it should be showing the sun, (It might have changed if I waited for the next update!) on the iph4 it shows the sun.
    Both phones running 6.1.2 and both have no haze animation till I re-spring.

I'm looking for a SB widget with Dacal's latest code so I can do some comparison tests.. thanks.

It seems to always stick around the sunset time.

Anybody else seeing this? It would have to be a SB widget as a LS widget re-loads when you open the LS.

Tonight I will try converting Dacals LS to SB and leave it on the phone during the night.

I know you guys don't see this issue because you all are working on LS widgets, but this is a real issue and will raise it's ugly head in the future when you start on SB widgets.

IPHONE5

IPHONE4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW5.0-img_0065.png   UniAW5.0-img_0015.png  

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-20-2013), The_Durben (03-20-2013)

Thanks

Ian...

I have an unpublished SB with Dacals latest code. I will pm it to you. It will auto adjust for i4/i5

31. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-20-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

and all creator how i can delete the shadown text icons 😃

http://modmyi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=627194&stc=1&d=1363825 749
    Attached Images Attached Images