+ Reply
Page 143 of 162 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133141142143144145 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll Hey all, So I have the new wiper in my UniAW, made a new image in Cinema4D, it's not great but I hope it's good
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hey all,

So I have the new wiper in my UniAW, made a new image in Cinema4D, it's not great but I hope it's good enough. BUT.. I would really like it to smear the screen on the first swipe and clean it on the way back, will work on this next.

The wiper image is in HD.

Ignore the "Haze" weather condition, I just made haze show the thunder storms condition for testing. Also ignore my flip clock iWidget, I'm just testing things.

Screen shot below.

awesome ian..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigit For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-19-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-18-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,546 Times in 3,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'd love to have this for my LS release tonight?!?!
    REPOSTED BECAUSE ITS GOING TO GET LOST AT END OF PREVIOUS PAGE.

Brian, (or anybody else that wants it but can't wait) I'll tell you what I can do for now because it is not near completion, it's only in one weather condition at present (thunderstorms)

I attach here all the adjusted files for adding the wiper to the thunderstorms condition + the wiper image.

Replace the thunderstorm css and js files (or just observe & make the same changes I did if your thunder conditions are different from mine)

Put the folder "Wiper" in your "Images/Weather" folder.

Make the small adjustment to the z-index in your main css file as per the screen shot in the attached zip file.

Hope this helps you out.

Oh, by the way, this is adjusted for iph5, not tested it on iph4 yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-18-2013), cuzin (03-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-18-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), lostinthemes (03-19-2013), SHARON1O (03-19-2013), sigit (03-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,512 Times in 4,312 Posts

Crazy COOL, Ian!! Wiper is SO awesome!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-18-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

So I know how to do the smear/streaks on the first swipe of the wiper, just trying to make the image in PS with clouds and polar distort.
    But today is one of my many kids elementary school graduation, so I gotta be their for her.

I really wanted the wiper in it's own container so we can amend it's z-index separately from the lightening but for some reason I can't get it working, no doubt I'm missing something stupid. Have sent an email to the Boss (Dacal) about this, I'll bet it takes him 2 minutes.

Gotta go now.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-18-2013 at 10:36 PM.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-18-2013), cuzin (03-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-18-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), lostinthemes (03-19-2013), SHARON1O (03-19-2013), sigit (03-18-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,325 Posts

So I know how to do the smear/streaks on the first swipe of the wiper, just trying to make the image in PS with clouds and polar distort.
    But today is one of my many kids elementary school graduation, so I gotta be their for her.

I really wanted the wiper in it's own container so we can amend it's z-index separately from the lightening but for some reason I can't get it working, no doubt I'm missing something stupid. Have sent an email to the Boss (Dacal) about this, I'll bet it takes him 2 minutes.

Gotta go now.
    take ur time Ian,fam first,.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigit For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-18-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sigit View Post
    take ur time Ian,fam first,.
    2nd that...fam always 1st!
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuzin For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013), sigit (03-18-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ahh_boi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Hi, i got two newbie questions hope you guys can help... I'm using the standard winterboard version.

1) How do I get rid of the sun and the moon? I'm thinking of getting rid of it since its not updating itself for me.
    2) Am I able to make it show only one weather type aka The rain drops with clouds animation?
    I'm thinking of mixing that with the aquaboard effect - raining effect will make my springboard looks kinda cool.

Thanks in advance~~~!
    Anyone able to help me please?? thank you, thank you~~
    Last edited by ahh_boi; 03-19-2013 at 12:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

to disable sun/moon have a look into UniAW.css (display: none
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

ahh_boi (03-20-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Klont's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi All, following (and reading through) this thread with much fun and interest.

Would like to know if it is easely done to add a coding line somewhere in UniAW to arrange it to choose during daytime background weatherwallpapers from the “day” map and during evening/night time the background weatherwallpapers from the “night” map?
    or does this mean you have to change a lot of things for this to arrange?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

you can just have a look @ BaSalt (page 121 as I remember) --> Images/WeatherWalls there you can see it´s possible
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Klont (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    you can just have a look @ BaSalt (page 121 as I remember) --> Images/WeatherWalls there you can see it´s possible
    I have seen Basalt, this is a very beatifull LS and seen it is possible to ad more day/night variations.
    Have a LS now where also the wallpaper backgrounds change according the weathertypes (47 Yahoo codes) but would like to have day/night wallpapers for more weathertypes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klont View Post

Would like to know if it is easely done to add a coding line somewhere in UniAW to arrange it to choose during daytime background weatherwallpapers from the “day” map and during evening/night time the background weatherwallpapers from the “night” map?
    I have once used a javascript that calculates the sunrise/sunset times according to your latitude, longitude and date. Those sunrise and sunset times determined the switch over from day time wallpaper to night time wallpaper and vice versa. As you are using Yahoo Weather (I don't) you get the sunset/sunrise times already, so you would not need the javascript. I am also dead sure that you have "Today" and Tonight" declarations -usually in the weather forecast script and those are also based on the sunset/sunrise times from Yahoo, should look something like this

Code:
    var currentTime = new Date ( );
    		var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );
    		var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes ( );
    		if(obj.sunsethr < currentHours){
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else if(obj.sunsethr < currentHours)
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else if(currentHours < obj.sunrisehr)
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Today"
    		}
    use that with something like

Code:
    if (obj.TOD=="Tonight"){$('#body').css('background-image',nightBG)};
    if (obj.TOD=="Today"){$('#body').css('background-image',dayBG)};
    whereby you set the variable "nightBG" to the weather condition at night time background and "dayBG" to the day time weather condition background.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 03-19-2013 at 02:51 AM.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-19-2013), Dacal (03-19-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), Klont (03-19-2013), lostinthemes (03-19-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Hi, i got two newbie questions hope you guys can help... I'm using the standard winterboard version.

1) How do I get rid of the sun and the moon? I'm thinking of getting rid of it since its not updating itself.
    2) Am I able to make it show only one weather type aka The rain drops with clouds animation?
    I'm thinking of mixing that with the aquaboard effect - raining effect will make my springboard looks kinda cool.

Thanks in advance~~~!
    Strange requests but here ya go.

To get rid of the sun/moon:
    The sun & moon use animations called "opa", the sunray/moonray use animations called "shine".
    Go into the UniAW.ccs file, near the top under the title of "WEBKIT ANIMATION CODES", look for "@-webkit-keyframes opa" and set all 3 values (for 0%, 50% and 100%) to {opacity: 0;} (zero)
    Next, look for "@-webkit-keyframes shine" and do the same. That's the sun, moon, sunray & moonray gone.

To set all animations to rain:
    Open the UniAW.js file, scroll down till you find "//WEATHER CONDITIONS", under "var Conditions = [" is a list of conditions from zero to 47 plus number 3200. Change ALL the conditions in the inverted comma's to "rain". Now no matter what your weather is it will show rain animations BUT the weather description text will still describe your real weather condition.

Your day and night backgrounds (two images) go into the "Images/day_night" folder, they must be called "day.png" and "night.png"
    They change automatically according to your sunrise/sunset times from Yahoo similar to what "rasputin007" describes above.
    Right now I am using them both for the overlays behind the weather info displayed on the screen.

I did a version way back these pages that had the weather background images as you describe, but I can't remember where in the thread it is.

I don't know what you mean by "map"?

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    to disable sun/moon have a look into UniAW.css (display: none
    Normally yes, but not in this case.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

ahh_boi (03-20-2013), cuzin (03-19-2013), Dacal (03-19-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-19-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), Klont (03-19-2013), sigit (03-19-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I have once used a javascript that calculates the sunrise/sunset times according to your latitude, longitude and date. Those sunrise and sunset times determined the switch over from day time wallpaper to night time wallpaper and vice versa. As you are using Yahoo Weather (I don't) you get the sunset/sunrise times already, so you would not need the javascript. I am also dead sure that you have "Today" and Tonight" declarations -usually in the weather forecast script and those are also based on the sunset/sunrise times from Yahoo, should look something like this

Code:
    var currentTime = new Date ( );
    		var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );
    		var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes ( );
    		if(obj.sunsethr < currentHours){
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else if(obj.sunsethr < currentHours)
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else if(currentHours < obj.sunrisehr)
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Tonight"
    		}
    		else
    		{
    		obj.TOD = "Today"
    		}
    use that with something like

Code:
    if (obj.TOD=="Tonight"){$('#body').css('background-image',nightBG)};
    if (obj.TOD=="Today"){$('#body').css('background-image',dayBG)};
    whereby you set the variable "nightBG" to the weather condition at night time background and "dayBG" to the day time weather condition background.
    Thanks, i will see if i can find this somewhere and try to use it.

Your day and night backgrounds (two images) go into the "Images/day_night" folder, they must be called "day.png" and "night.png"
    They change automatically according to your sunrise/sunset times from Yahoo similar to what "rasputin007" describes above

I did a version way back these pages that had the weather background images as you describe, but I can't remember where in the thread it is.

I don't know what you mean by "map"?
    Thanks for the info.
    Sorry by map, i mean folder.

The problem is that the backgrounds now have numbers 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc, these correspond with the 47 Yahoo weather types and therefore only have a few day/night pictures ( for example mostly cloudy night & day).

Thanks

The problem is that the backgrounds now have numbers 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc, these correspond with the 47 Yahoo weather types and therefore only have a few day/night pictures ( for example mostly cloudy night & day).
    Hi,

Like I said, I did post a version that uses full screen weather images as your background wallpaper, I just can't remember where it is, if you find it you just need to replace the images with our own. If I find it on my computer I will let you know, I also can't remember what I named it!

Yahoo is bad for displaying daytime images at nighttime so this widget is coded to force nighttime images/icons to display after sunset, but your images/icons have to be correctly named.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-19-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), Klont (03-19-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Gotta go now.
    Lol ! I can look now... Very very busy, so busy i don't check my mail .

I try later tonight.

@ll, sorry if i missed some PM and/or request, but really don't have the time.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-19-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Lol ! I can look now... Very very busy, so busy i don't check my mail .

I try later tonight.

@ll, sorry if i missed some PM and/or request, but really don't have the time.
    No problem Dacal, I got the switch in the Config.js file done, the streaks/smears on the first wipe are a no go, tried a couple of methods but the end results were not to good, I'm spending too much time on these streaks so gonna forget about them for now.

I changed the method from the one I sent you, I'm using another "CreateALight" (number 4 for me) but still can't get it independent in the css file so we can adjust z-index separate from rain/lightning.

It's not too important Dacal, everything is working the way it is so it's just fine tuning.
    Please disregard the one I sent you earlier, I will email you the updated one.

Thanks.

Ian.

PS, did you tell the guys "n" girls here your good news?

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-19-2013), Dacal (03-19-2013), King_O_Hill (03-19-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,515 Times in 3,963 Posts

No problem Dacal, I got the switch in the Config.js file done, the streaks/smears on the first wipe are a no go, tried a couple of methods but the end results were not to good, I'm spending too much time on these streaks so gonna forget about them for now.

I changed the method from the one I sent you, I'm using another "CreateALight" (number 4 for me) but still can't get it independent in the css file so we can adjust z-index separate from rain/lightning.

It's not too important Dacal, everything is working the way it is so it's just fine tuning.
    Please disregard the one I sent you earlier, I will email you the updated one.

Thanks.

Ian.

PS, did you tell the guys "n" girls here your good news?
    I know the good news, and I couldn't be more happy for him. Can't wait to see

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-19-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,001 Posts

Thanks for the wiper Ian!

I should be able to figure it out from here!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Hi,

Like I said, I did post a version that uses full screen weather images as your background wallpaper, I just can't remember where it is, if you find it you just need to replace the images with our own. If I find it on my computer I will let you know, I also can't remember what I named it!

Yahoo is bad for displaying daytime images at nighttime so this widget is coded to force nighttime images/icons to display after sunset, but your images/icons have to be correctly named.
    Thanks, I think i found the UniAW you mean.
    UniAW5.0

Unfortunately I do not think i can make this work (with each other), since the LS.theme which i use is GPS based and this UniAW is not.
    Wil check how you made the day/night backgrounds work and see if i can use it in the LS.
    Thanks for the help sofar