Page 140 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130138139140141142 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

Still want this for iPhone 5... yeah... and I love it too!

Thanks
    Thanked 21,575 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RGUS View Post
    Still want this for iPhone 5... yeah... and I love it too!
    It works ok on iph5, just needs a few tweaks, but if you run any of the versions from post 1 you won't notice much wrong on the i5.

Working on a version now that will run on i4 & i5 using Dacal's brilliant little piece of code, the code will detect you phone type and change the setting for the weather automatically to suit, this is all done in the background completely blind to the end user, so one version for all, Magic. Thanks again Dacal.

Currently running everything through an HTML5 validator, you would be shocked at how many errors it finds, granted many of them are not very important but it's a good way to learn more things and it's just a phase I'm going through at the moment.

So far I just got the Widget.html file sorted and now validates with no errors (previously had 60+ errors)

HTML5 is very forgiving but also can be a bit picky.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2013 at 01:57 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), lostinthemes (03-17-2013), The_Durben (03-16-2013)

Thank mate... can't wait for this theme to "just do it for me" install... but... with the current files in post 1 how do I install the ZIP files... I'm sure it's somewhere here in the forum... all 9 trillion posts... I'm using "iSpirit" ... but returns returns "Unrecognized theme packet" error... should I be using something else?

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 379 Posts

Ian, what program do you use for coding?
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuzin View Post
    Ian, what program do you use for coding?
    I'm on a Mac and use the very inexpensive but very good "Taco HTML Edit", it has live preview too which is a must really!

Quote Originally Posted by RGUS View Post
    Thank mate... can't wait for this theme to "just do it for me" install... but... with the current files in post 1 how do I install the ZIP files... I'm sure it's somewhere here in the forum... all 9 trillion posts... I'm using "iSpirit" ... but returns returns "Unrecognized theme packet" error... should I be using something else?
    For it to instal itself I would have to put it on Cydia, which I might do but when I did this way back in version 2 I was overwhelmed with questions via email, mind you back then this kind of weather widget was VERY new, and now they are everywhere!

Just use some unzip utility to unzip the files you download, I have no idea what "iSpirit" is!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2013-03-16-4.22.37-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2013 at 03:30 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-16-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), Lucys (03-16-2013), The_Durben (03-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Ian,

I got a little "stupid" beginner taco question How do you get you preview working on Taco?

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    Hi Ian,

I got a little "stupid" beginner taco question How do you get you preview working on Taco?

Chris
    Just click the "Live Preview" button, the "Preview" button will open your html file in your web browser.

If it.s a css of js file you have to point it to the Widget.html file when prompted (or whatever html file your widget uses.

EDIT:

One other thing, of you are working on a weather widget, of coarse you need to be online to see it working, and if it is a gps widget, turn off the gps in the Config.js file until you know where to make the changes in the myLocation.js file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2013 at 04:50 AM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Kazuyoshi (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), Lucys (03-16-2013), NewdestinyX (03-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Just click the "Live Preview" button, the "Preview" button will open your html file in your web browser.

If it.s a css of js file you have to point it to the Widget.html file when prompted (or whatever html file your widget uses.

EDIT:

One other thing, of you are working on a weather widget, of coarse you need to be online to see it working, and if it is a gps widget, turn off the gps in the Config.js file until you know where to make the changes in the myLocation.js file.
    What a GREAT FIND!! I love being able to see a live preview. You're a great teacher too, Ian! Learning so much in this thread. It's great watching you and Dacal working together on this. When you're done with the unified code will it be the background code serving both yours and Dacal's distinct weather animation styles? Dacal doesn't have his own UNIAW thread for his animation. It's just built into a lot of weather widgets. But will both animated weather styles be supported by the new code?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2013)

Thanks

@ NewD,

Yes, any personal style will work with the code, it more or less just gets the weather and has almost all the options there for others to style in their own way.

Dacal & I have been working together for a couple of years now, he worked with me a very long time ago converting my original UniAW which used iFrame, he got rid of iFrame and since then the code has just grown & grown into what we have today, I added my little bit's into the UniAW and Dacal added many more tweaks into his widgets like touch events, slide shows etc.. But, the main code that deals with getting the weather from gps or locale is more or less the same, and I would imagine others will grab it for future widgets as there is non better than Dacals code, of coarse others will add their own tweaks but it will all be pretty universal.. I think.

For the price, and for all we do (not creating full fancy web sites) "Taco HTML Edit" is great, I've been using it for a couple of years now.

OH, and I forgot to mention before to Matux, you won't get a preview on an iWidget with options in an Option.plist as requires some moving of code, I'm not too clued up on these yet, The_Durben would be the one to ask about iWidgets.

@ NewD,

Yes, any personal style will work with the code, it more or less just gets the weather and has almost all the options there for others to style in their own way.

Dacal & I have been working together for a couple of years now, he worked with me a very long time ago converting my original UniAW which used iFrame, he got rid of iFrame and since then the code has just grown & grown into what we have today, I added my little bit's into the UniAW and Dacal added many more tweaks into his widgets like touch events, slide shows etc.. But, the main code that deals with getting the weather from gps or locale is more or less the same, and I would imagine others will grab it for future widgets as there is non better than Dacals code, of coarse others will add their own tweaks but it will all be pretty universal.. I think.

For the price, and for all we do (not creating full fancy web sites) "Taco HTML Edit" is great, I've been using it for a couple of years now.

OH, and I forgot to mention before to Matux, you won't get a preview on an iWidget with options in an Option.plist as requires some moving of code, I'm not too clued up on these yet, The_Durben would be the one to ask about iWidgets.

To see a live preview with gps enabled:

You have to have an internet connection on your computer.

Enable gps in the widgets Config.js file.

Open the "location.js" file, make use of the "comment out" code //

Screen shot 1 shows the "normal" "location.js" file.

Screen shot 2 shows what it should look like for editing in a live view editor.
    Also you need to copy the "myLocation.txt" file from your phone (var/mobile/Documents folder) and put it in the root folder of your widget.

Don't forget to return the location.js file back to normal before you transfer the widget to your phone.

----------------------------------------------

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2013-03-16-8.55.14-pm.png   -screen-shot-2013-03-16-8.54.52-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2013 at 08:07 AM.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-16-2013), Dacal (03-16-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), Lucys (03-16-2013), NewdestinyX (03-16-2013), The_Durben (03-16-2013)

@ NewD,

Ian is right, we use the same base.

I just have changed a little the animations, images (but my clouds come from a photoshop brush that Ian has sent me . I think i have a mostly cloudy condition (not present in uniaw), a different thunderstorm and rain animation (circle as an option). To be the more realistic, i have also added stars and meteors animations for some conditions during the night.

Off course, Ian can use all what he want from my widget (all credit to him for the original uniAw).

Ian, for HTML 5 errors, no idea : i must learn myself

For windows users (no one is perfect...), you can also have a live preview in chrome, with a flag in the target : "CProgram Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security

Chrome has also a great inspector, very helpfull for debugging (it reports errors in HTML, JS,...) and you can get the variable state in the console with console.log(myvar).
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-16-2013 at 08:25 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-16-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-16-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), lostinthemes (03-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Ian is right, we use the same base.

I just have changed a little the animations, images (but my clouds come from a photoshop brush that Ian has sent me . I think i have a mostly cloudy condition (not present in uniaw), a different thunderstorm and rain animation (circle as an option). To be the more realistic, i have also added stars and meteors animations for some conditions during the night.

Off course, Ian can use all what he want from my widget (all credit to him for the original uniAw).

Ian, for HTML 5 errors, no idea : i must learn myself

For windows users (no one is perfect...), you can also have a live preview in chrome, with a flag in the target : "CProgram Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-web-security

Chrome has also a great inspector, very helpfull for debugging (it reports errors in HTML, JS,...) and you can get the variable state in the console with console.log(myvar).
    Okay Dacal - that sounds great. May I ask.. Dacal for some time now I've wanted to know which files are JUST related to your animation. I would like to create a dylib version of your weather animations as Wynd created for Ian's version of his. Also a PerPageHtml version - or even just a Winterboard element that could be placed on top of another theme and run behind the icons. I don't mind creating the various versions as I'm familiar with how to create those html variations and where to place the files in your phone. But can you give the JUST the HTML, CSS and JS files associated with your weather? I can see all the code in MJSmash and Durben's AniWeather DualTouch iWidget - but I can't seem to separate out the other elements used for their unique widgets from the stuff that's JUST for your animated weather. That would be helpful. YOu can PM the files to me - or place them here.

Thanks,
    Grant

We need to bring back the rainbow and the wiper!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (03-17-2013)

The rainbow not so much but the wiper def needs to come back its always raining here in the uk I would love it
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), lostinthemes (03-17-2013)

@ NewD,

@ NewD,

To see a live preview with gps enabled:

You have to have an internet connection on your computer.

Enable gps in the widgets Config.js file.

Open the "location.js" file, make use of the "comment out" code //

Screen shot 1 shows the "normal" "location.js" file.

Screen shot 2 shows what it should look like for editing in a live view editor.
    Also you need to copy the "myLocation.txt" file from your phone (var/mobile/Documents folder) and put it in the root folder of your widget.

Don't forget to return the location.js file back to normal before you transfer the widget to your phone.
    SOOO helpful, Ian. LOVE this software. If you were trying to test an iWidget - that had a 'touch element' in it. How would you hard the 'touch element' to appear as if you'd touched it on your screen - in the live preview mode.

Thanks,
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    We need to bring back the rainbow and the wiper!
    THERE WAS A WIPER ANIMATION in UNIAW at one time?!?!?!?! How awesome. I WANT that!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay Dacal - that sounds great. May I ask.. Dacal for some time now I've wanted to know which files are JUST related to your animation. I would like to create a dylib version of your weather animations as Wynd created for Ian's version of his. Also a PerPageHtml version - or even just a Winterboard element that could be placed on top of another theme and run behind the icons. I don't mind creating the various versions as I'm familiar with how to create those html variations and where to place the files in your phone. But can you give the JUST the HTML, CSS and JS files associated with your weather? I can see all the code in MJSmash and Durben's AniWeather DualTouch iWidget - but I can't seem to separate out the other elements used for their unique widgets from the stuff that's JUST for your animated weather. That would be helpful. YOu can PM the files to me - or place them here.

Thanks,
    Grant
    I will try to clean BaSalt and i will send you the link.

PS : i never see the wiper ????

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    I will try to clean BaSalt and i will send you the link.
    Thank you, sir. I'd appreciate that. Of course when I have the versions, Winterboard, dylib and PerPage completed I'll send them back to you so you can post in Basalt, here or elsewhere. There are times when a modder simply wants to add weather only to an existing theme as a Winterboard element to run behind the icons but on top of an SB wallpaper. That's what I want to eventually be able to do as Ian allows with UNIAW on the first page.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-16-2013)

Ian, happen to know about a script that will choose a random named folder from a group of folders in a folder and then choose a random file from the folder chosen?

Here is a video of old animated weather with wiper http://youtu.be/SRjDwKqpu18
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), SHARON1O (03-17-2013)

Thanks

When I was testing Dacal's BasaltHD LS I got the touch event to work on the Mac only after I changed the "ChangeClick" setting in the Config.js to "true", then I could drag it up with my mouse on the screen.

The wiper was originally done a long time ago by Alien, (before your time (I thing) Dacal) it was an animated gif he had in his HTC theme for iph3, actually Alien was the first one to implement animated weather on the iphone using animated gif images. It was never in the UniAW (unless someone did it as a mod). Animated gif's would be a step backwards imo so it would require a completely new re-code in HTML5 (not to hard, even for me!)
    I tried to post the original here so you could see what it looked like Dacal but it's too big so uploaded it to MediaFire, you can see it HERE.

The rainbow is still in the UniAW, but you only see it in the showers condition and only during daylight hours.

Dacal, the stars and meteors animations are great, I might just have to steal them from you.

I never actually got around to making the clouds HD for reasons regarding the smoothens of the animations, but now might be the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Ian, happen to know about a script that will choose a random named folder from a group of folders in a folder and then choose a random file from the folder chosen?
    Hi M8,

Let me guess, for the music widget right?

I would be trying something similar to the randomInteger in our weather js files, this is the kinda thing I just try & try till I figure it out, but I would ask Dacal, he'll know better.

The problem I see is that JS would have to know the file names, so a list of the file names would have to exist somewhere in html maybe, BUT if it is for your music widget then that list would be different for all users and often changing!!
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-16-2013 at 07:01 PM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-16-2013), Dacal (03-16-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-16-2013), King_O_Hill (03-16-2013), The_Durben (03-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

the newer Chrome version unfortunately does not support "--disable-web-security" anymore ..
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-16-2013)

Page 140 of 162 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130138139140141142 150 ... LastLast