+ Reply
Page 135 of 162 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125133134135136137 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I'm having trouble with the weather updating automatically. If I respring the phone, it will then update, otherwise it doesn't. I've tried both the 'GPS 3 PerPage Glass Version' and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Weather not updating
    I'm having trouble with the weather updating automatically. If I respring the phone, it will then update, otherwise it doesn't.

I've tried both the 'GPS 3 PerPage Glass Version' and 'PerPageHTML/PerPageHTML+ "Glass" versions' from the first page.
    I change the config.js file in the setup folder to contain my city code (1100661 - Brisbane, Australia) and the update interval to 60 minutes.

Has there been any further updates/changes to files that need to be done so the weather will update?

I'm using a 4S on 6.1.2. If there's any further info needed, let me know.

Thanks all.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,115 Times in 1,438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whtisk View Post
    I'm having trouble with the weather updating automatically. If I respring the phone, it will then update, otherwise it doesn't.

I've tried both the 'GPS 3 PerPage Glass Version' and 'PerPageHTML/PerPageHTML+ "Glass" versions' from the first page.
    I change the config.js file in the setup folder to contain my city code (1100661 - Brisbane, Australia) and the update interval to 60 minutes.

Has there been any further updates/changes to files that need to be done so the weather will update?

I'm using a 4S on 6.1.2. If there's any further info needed, let me know.

Thanks all.
    Initialy, i thought it was a Yahoo problem. But now i think it's PERHAPS an iOS6 "problem" . Seems like to preserve battery usage, setTimeout functions are frozen when the phone goes in sleep mode.

There are 2 solutions.

One that works, is to include a "manual" timer in the clock function. Usually, this one is called every 1 second, just need to include a variable to count the seconds and call the function to update the weather after a certain amount of time.

The second solution (i'm testing it now), is perhaps to replace all setTimeout instances by setInterval ones. Curiously, setInterval seems to work correctly.

PS : what i say is only available for my widgets... Perhaps something goes wrong in my code and it breaks the setTimeout functions...

Late here, if someone have this problem with BaSalt HD LS, here is an updated version with setInterval functions. Let me know if it works for you (for me, yes )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh6raitbgk...2%5D.theme.zip
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-11-2013 at 06:39 PM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-11-2013), cuzin (03-11-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-12-2013), It's Mi (03-14-2013), The_Durben (03-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Has anybody seen any weirdness in the UniAW? I got to say all seems fine for me.
    I am working again great love it great Job Ian.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iamaqtpa2t For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Initialy, i thought it was a Yahoo problem. But now i think it's PERHAPS an iOS6 "problem" . Seems like to preserve battery usage, setTimeout functions are frozen when the phone goes in sleep mode.

There are 2 solutions.

One that works, is to include a "manual" timer in the clock function. Usually, this one is called every 1 second, just need to include a variable to count the seconds and call the function to update the weather after a certain amount of time.

The second solution (i'm testing it now), is perhaps to replace all setTimeout instances by setInterval ones. Curiously, setInterval seems to work correctly.

PS : what i say is only available for my widgets... Perhaps something goes wrong in my code and it breaks the setTimeout functions...

Late here, if someone have this problem with BaSalt HD LS, here is an updated version with setInterval functions. Let me know if it works for you (for me, yes )

Thanks for the reply, though I'll admit I'm a little lost. So, at the moment there is not a confirmed way to get the weather update working? I'm using it as a homepage, not on my lockscreen.

I think you may be right though in that a timer is stopping when the phone sleeps. It did seem to eventually update, but it was after around 7 hours, rather than 60 minutes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 379 Posts

There are 2 solutions.

It didn't work for me. I let the phone sit for over an hour & there were no updates. The LS has no problem refreshing every time you unlock the phone. There are a few instances of setTimeout left in the LS posted above.
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuzin View Post
    It didn't work for me. I let the phone sit for over an hour & there were no updates. The LS has no problem refreshing every time you unlock the phone. There are a few instances of setTimeout left in the LS posted above.
    Strange ! Latest update time don't change ? It corrects the problems for me.

For the setTimout left, no problem with them, they are called to initiate some events when screen updates. They are already inactive when the phone goes in sleep mode.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-11-2013), The_Durben (03-12-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cuzin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 379 Posts

Strange ! Latest update time don't change ? It corrects the problems for me.

For the setTimout left, no problem with them, they are called to initiate some events when screen updates. They are already inactive when the phone goes in sleep mode.
    Nope, latest update stayed the same. It only changes when I enter/leave the SB. I will try a reboot & see if that triggers something.
    Twitter - @brokenmind09
    20GB of free cloud storage - https://copy.com/?r=WzHJu8

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cuzin For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-12-2013)

Thanks

I'm sure the issue is resolved for me (LS only, not the time to test a SB widget now).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-12-2013), Kazuyoshi (03-12-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been using uniaw for a couple years now. I recently got an iphone 5 and have jailbroken it. I want to get uniaw back on the new phone but am running into problems left and right. Im tried placing it in the correct folders through ssh'ing the phone. ive even used the winterboard theme i found but it wouldnt work either. What im wanting is help getting uniaw on my new iphone 5 running iOS 6.1.2 without having to use winterboard or another theme with it. Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you all. Also, just a quick shout to all those that have made this amazing tweak and possible.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,126 Times in 5,499 Posts

Go back and read the last handful of pages.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

As I could see (for 4/s) the little changes from Decal works perfect but.. only when device is plugged in for charge.

When iPh is in standby/sleep there are no update´s until --> plug in or use it active.
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazuyoshi For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matux View Post
    As I could see (for 4/s) the little changes from Decal works perfect but.. only when device is plugged in for charge.

When iPh is in standby/sleep there are no update´s until --> plug in or use it active.
    You try with BaSalt LS ? Very very strange. Mine update fine now. I really don't understand.

EDIT :
    I just see that my i5 doesn't update since 1 hour !
    OK, i know what i must do. I will post a correct code tonight. At work now.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-12-2013 at 06:36 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

cuzin (03-12-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-12-2013), The_Durben (03-12-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    I got the i5 and upgraded my wife to the 4S I was using and now every time I pick up her phone it feels short and fat compared to the i5 (and yes I am talking about the phone and not the wife).
    I did same thing. I do that every year. Until I got Ian's Uniaw on the i5 now she's catching on an wants one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply. I have read the last 20 pages of the forum posts and am not finding any answer. I installed the standalone for perpage just as the instructions say but nothing. I saw ian's post about having a [email protected] file but dont know where to put this file or the gps standalone uniaw from the fisrt page of this thread. I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,575 Times in 3,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Go back and read the last handful of pages.
    Who? should go back and reread? We never know who you're talking to when you don't use the quote button, bro. Jes' sayin'...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,126 Times in 5,499 Posts

I answered the post directly above me. It doesn't take a genius.

When I see a post that looks like it is giving direction, I always check the post right above it. Just common sense.

See what I did here!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I answered the post directly above me. It doesn't take a genius.

When I see a post that looks like it is giving direction, I always check the post right above it. Just common sense.

See what I did here!
    On several occasions I swear I've seen a post placed after the one you're addressing and before your response that couldn't possibly be the one you're answering - hence my plea for a quote. I guess you're saying you check for that? (Honest question, bro, no sarcasm). Often there are several posts before yours to which your answer could apply - hence my question. I guess I'm wrong - and that you've checked that no one posted in between your response and the question.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-12-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,465 Times in 4,034 Posts

Good luck King
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-12-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kazuyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

Sir yes Sir tested on BaSalt and my own Widget @Dacal
    Last edited by Kazuyoshi; 03-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Matux is past ... Kazuyoshi is back (thx Simon )

Dropbox
    : exxOS -- Shine --

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Good luck King
    He's learning to ignore me.. All is well.