Page 130 of 162 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130131132 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

King,
    How does Ian's CSS figure into this? Is it duplicate work of what MJ and Bombmom already did in the Aniweather we've been testing for MJ?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

For the most part yes. There are some minor differences, but nothing I would consider beyond just preference.

You can interchange them an test. You probably won't see any difference.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    For the most part yes. There are some minor differences, but nothing I would consider beyond just preference.

You can interchange them an test. You probably won't see any difference.
    Thanks, sir. Looking and comparing is helping me to learn more. So I'll grab Ian's CSS and do some learnin'

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Touch function works well. At the beginning of the rotation it looked like it was flickering, but after I watched it for a few minutes, I realized it was just the way the text displays as it rolls around. I really think it is smooth, but just has the appearance of a flicker. I don't think there is anything that you can do to change it, unless its because the text is white.

Let me go get my 4 now.

Ok, just checked this put on my 4. It ran very well. The snow may have the slightest bit of jitter to it, but I know what I'm looking for too. I don't think any "normal" user would ever notice it, as it is ever so slight.

Touch function looked good too. Same as on the 5. Even though the bottom was cut off.

You can make this work on both devices. You just need to have an option in your config file, have 2 different CSS files and a small js file to handle it. I did one for Eric and am currently working on an 8 option one now.
    I will test today . For CSS, exactly what i use now to convert my widget between i4 and i5 : I test the screen height, and if > 500 (i.e 568 = 1136/2) , i load the iPhone 5 CSS .

if (screen.height > 500) {
    replacejscssfile("Main", "Lock", "Lock-1136", "css");
    }
    Completely transparent for the user.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013), lostinthemes (03-06-2013), stratnik (03-06-2013), The_Durben (03-06-2013)

Icant remove the docked and undocked icon labels on IOS 6.1.2
    Any suggestions?

}

Where would this go? In my main.js?

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

The theme must have been hard coded for font. I am running ayecon and the creator had me go into the Info.plist and delete some lines. That way I could still use Springtomize to change them. This was his example:

Navigate to /Library/Themes/ayecon SpringBoard.theme/ and open Info.plist and delete the following strings:

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color:#ffffff; margin-top: 0px; text-shadow: #000000;
    font-size: 11px; text-shadow: #000000 0px 2px 2px</string>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color:#ffffff; margin-top: 0px; text-shadow: #000000;
    font-size: 11px; text-shadow: #000000 0px 2px 2px</string>

Save the file and respring using WinterBoard by unchecking and rechecking an ayecon theme in Select Themes.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    }

Where would this go? In my main.js?
    Yes, at the beginning of the script or in the init function. You need to have 2 CSS files, one for the i4 resolution and one for the i5.

To be more complete, i also initialized 2 variables. With that, i can also change the directory for the animated CSS and JS files, function of the resolution size.

var iPhoneType = "iPhone4";

var iPhoneType = "iPhone5";

}
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-06-2013 at 08:23 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013), RKO1195 (03-09-2013), The_Durben (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,500 Times in 4,310 Posts

Hi all,

So here is a Newb question for ya all, believe it or not I have NEVER used iconoclasm, but I'm so fed up waiting for Gridlock to be updated. I'm currently using iBlanks but it's a bit of a pain, so.. to all you iconoclasm experts out their, If I install it and want a custom layouts (PerPage), what's the easiest way to create theses layouts? My Page 0 is different from all other pages.

If it's a long thing to explain then don't worry about it my friends, I'll just stick with iBlanks till Gridlock eventually gets updated.

Thanks.

EDIT... NVM, I just found the app "Iconoclasm Layout Maker", guess that makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    @Dacal,KOH, Ian, and/or NewD

Can you please try this? I have taken the clock and overlay code out, (truly out completely) so it's truly full screen weather with a touch function still. Removed spin from JS and CSS. Already set to Chicago in the config and GPS is already off.

http://d.pr/1l0C
    @ MamaJaay,

To smooth out the initial dump of snow drops in your widget you need to increase the 1st number in the top pixelValue randomInteger in the snow.js file (see highlighted in attached screen shot)

Try something like -450.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2013-03-06-3.25.32-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-07-2013), It's Mi (03-14-2013), King_O_Hill (03-06-2013), RKO1195 (03-09-2013), The_Durben (03-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Yes, at the beginning of the script or in the init function. You need to have 2 CSS files, one for the i4 resolution and one for the i5.

To be more complete, i also initialized 2 variables. With that, i can also change the directory for the animated CSS and JS files, function of the resolution size.

var iPhoneType = "iPhone4";

var iPhoneType = "iPhone5";

}
    Much easier than what I've been doing!
    For this you also need link to stylesheet and media=screen in html right? For both stylesheets or just the main?

Im using using variables to move different parts with only one css

// if (iPhoneSize == 4) { document.getElementById("infoMove").style.top="-66px";}
    if (iPhoneSize == 5) { document.getElementById("infoMove").style.top="0px ";} //

If I did it this way for any animated widget I'd be writing a ton of lines. Static widgets this works fine
    Last edited by The_Durben; 03-06-2013 at 01:08 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Is Iconoclasm fully compatible with 6.1.2? I'm trying to get the 1st layout (screen shot 1) in page 1 and the 2nd layout (screenshot 2) in all other pages but the phone just keeps going into safe mode

Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Is Iconoclasm fully compatible with 6.1.2? I'm trying to get the 1st layout (screen shot 1) in page 1 and the 2nd layout (screenshot 2) in all other pages but the phone just keeps going into safe mode

Ian.. I explain this in another thread. Icono Layout Maker is 6.1.2 ready - but you always need to add a row at the bottom of a page for icons to be added from App Store or Cydia or moving from page to page. If a page is full and you try and move an icon to it - your phone will crash. This was true in 4.2.1 and 5.1.1 days too.
    Here's my longer explanation:

One big thing to not forget. On whatever layout you create -- leave room for at least ONE extra icon per page that you don't necessarily want in your set up. If you make it 'precise' per page then when the App Store adds an app or Cydia - or you try to move an icon from one page to the next - the phone will crash and restart. Why? Each page needs room to move an icon to. Without it - it crashes.. So I always leave at least a row of 3 at the bottom - that I can leave blank - so there is room for icons to be added from page to page. Even without Gridlock - Apple still allows you to leave out icons to the 'bottom' of each screen. It just packs all icons toward the top grid points without Gridlock. So - again - in each layout you make in layout maker leave at least 1 or 2 open at the bottom which DON'T HAVE TO get filled for your look - but are there as 'place holders' for incoming apps.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-06-2013 at 04:07 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Na M8, it's not that, I tried adding extra icons too, even if I add only one (perpage) page it restarts into safe mode, the only time it works is if I don't use the perpage option!

Na M8, it's not that, I tried adding extra icons too, even if I add only one (perpage) page it restarts into safe mode, the only time it works is if I don't use the perpage option!
    "WHEN" specifically does it spring into SafeMode, bro? I have a butt load of tweaks and it works perfectly for me.

As always, Ian, to make double sure.. Let's uninstall and reinstall both Icono and Icono Layout and then full reboot and see if same trouble, bro. You won't lose your setups in /Library/Iconoclasm/Layouts.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-06-2013 at 05:23 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013)

Thanks

It was coming into safe mode just after I pressed the respring button.
    I got it to work, I believe it was clashing with infinifolders, uninstalled it and it's working no problem now.
    The Layout app is a breeze.
    Thanks for the tip on leaving space for added apps, but wouldn't a new app just go onto a new page if all others were full? I'm only using 5 pages.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-07-2013 at 04:07 AM.

It was coming into safe mode just after I pressed the respring button.
    I got it to work, I believe it was clashing with infinifolders, uninstalled it and it's working no problem now.
    The Layout app is a breeze.
    Thanks for the tip on leaving space for added apps, makes sense really.
    Good. Glad you got it working! You'll love it. I don't feel I need Gridlock at all..

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013)

Thanks

@ Dacal,

M8, I'm not giving up on this forced GPU mode, I have done something in your rain.css file for your LS, I did NOT remove any of the spin/flip code, just added something to try and force the hardware acceleration mode. When I test it on my phone it looks as smooth as it ever did, no jitters with rain and still has all your original code. Even the initial rush of rain drops is smooth.

Would you mind checking it out and see what you think, I get the feeling it is now running in forced hardware mode.

Of coarse you will need to find a location with rain to test it.

I know it will need your polishing as I stuck the code everywhere just to be sure.

To all who are interested, this is what I found to work:

-webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) scale3d(1,1,1);

Cheers.

Ian.

EDIT: Sorry, false alarm, all the code was doing was disabling the spin n flip animations (which you can easily do in the css files). Removed the file.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-06-2013), Dacal (03-07-2013), King_O_Hill (03-06-2013), The_Durben (03-07-2013)

Cool Ian! Thanks for your work on this!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013), King_O_Hill (03-06-2013)

@ Dacal,

M8, I'm not giving up on this forced GPU mode, I have done something in your rain.css file for your LS, I did NOT remove any of the spin/flip code, just added something to try and force the hardware acceleration mode. When I test it on my phone it looks as smooth as it ever did, no jitters with rain and still has all your original code. Even the initial rush of rain drops is smooth.

Would you mind checking it out and see what you think, I get the feeling it is now running in forced hardware mode.

I know it will need your polishing as I stuck the code everywhere just to be sure.

Cheers.

Ian.
    I think there are a couple of places left where you could have added this bud!

Jk

Anyway, I'm gonna test this tomorrow and see how it's working. I want to add it to the snow too and test.

A little off topic, but I can't think of a better place to ask. Is there a way using only CSS to make text appear in an arc?
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-06-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-07-2013)

@ Dacal,

Cheers.

Ian.
    Thx Ian ! I will have a look later.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Much easier than what I've been doing!
    For this you also need link to stylesheet and media=screen in html right? For both stylesheets or just the main?

Im using using variables to move different parts with only one css

// if (iPhoneSize == 4) { document.getElementById("infoMove").style.top="-66px";}
    if (iPhoneSize == 5) { document.getElementById("infoMove").style.top="0px ";} //

If I did it this way for any animated widget I'd be writing a ton of lines. Static widgets this works fine
    I don't touch the HMTL. With JavaScript, I replace the iPhone4 CSS that i first initialized by the iPhone 5 CSS (if screen size is more than 500px).
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-07-2013 at 02:57 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-07-2013), The_Durben (03-07-2013)

Page 130 of 162 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120128129130131132 140 ... LastLast