Page 129 of 162 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129130131 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Weren't we reading rather that display:none is 'additive'? And that one here, one there wouldn't make all that much difference. I just don't remember fully, King - but I can't imagine a single display:none will change it from smooth to jittery. Will it?
    Yes, one or 2 might not hurt, but I don't know how many are in that beta, and if you keep adding them, well....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I just removed all the spin & flip code from Dacals Basalt LS 2 (Only in the snow.css file) and tested it with snow weather in Chicago, smooth as silk, no jerkiness at all.

Before I removed it it was unwatchable.

Also tried to force GPU mode before I removed the spin/flip, tried for 2hrs but couldn't get it working.
    I left it in the CSS, seeing that after removing it from the js it never gets called anyway. Yes/No???
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I left it in the CSS, seeing that after removing it from the js it never gets called anyway. Yes/No???
    No .

I think i continue to see the lag because i'm on 4S. For me, just remove spin and flip is not enough.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Ok, thanks. On my 5 it does the trick. I need to load it on my 4/4s and test.

Yes, one or 2 might not hurt, but I don't know how many are in that beta, and if you keep adding them, well....

There's not many in there, and that lock has a TON of touch function and HUGE images. If it doesn't lag there... Then it's likely not to.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,489 Times in 4,308 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    No .

I think i continue to see the lag because i'm on 4S. For me, just remove spin and flip is not enough.
    Hi Dacal,

So I also tried the forced GPU but no success yet.

I removed all the spin/flip only from the weather css files in your Basalt LS 2 theme, I tested it only with snow and it's smooth as silk for me (4S) I haven't seen the rain yet though and I see you have a LOT of drops falling and a lot faster than the UniAW too.
    The snow was VERY jerky before this.

See attachement at end of this post.

Anyway I attach all the css files here for you to try.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-05-2013 at 06:30 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Just curious, someone can test on a iPhone5 ? : https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3l9rcknkw...i5.theme.zip?m

IT'S NOT A FUNCTIONNAL WIDGET FOR i5 : it's a testing widget, just to test some conditions. Resolution is for 4/4S, but again, i just want to know if you have some lags with it.

Hi Dacal,

I removed all the spin/flip only from the weather css files in your Basalt LS 2 theme, I tested it only with snow and it's smooth as silk for me (4S) I haven't seen the rain yet though and I see you have a LOT of drops falling and a lot faster than the UniAW too.

It works better than mine !
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Just curious, someone can test on a iPhone5 ? : https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3l9rcknkw...i5.theme.zip?m

IT'S NOT A FUNCTIONNAL WIDGET FOR i5 : it's a testing widget, just to test some conditions. Resolution is for 4/4S, but again, i just want to know if you have some lags with it.

Just tested and still VERY jittery. Sorry for bad news, Dacal

Thanks

So if you do decide to go this route Dacal you might also want to remove the code from the js files too.

Just for your reference incase it helps you save some time I attach all the css and js files from my latest UniAW that I'm using at present, all animations are still smooth as silk on my 4S, just thought it might be handy for your reference.

All the best bud,

Ian.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-05-2013), Dacal (03-05-2013), It's Mi (03-14-2013), King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Just tested and still VERY jittery. Sorry for bad news, Dacal
    No, good news . I start to understand... Thx to Ian. I want so hard to have the same thing than before, i just added a lot of things and it produces some lags !

Ian, the "-webkit-transform: translate(x,y) translateZ(0);" line is useless. Normally, you must put some coordinates. If you put them, buggy. With no line or no coodinates (x,y), no lag.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013), King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

@Dacal,KOH, Ian, and/or NewD

Can you please try this? I have taken the clock and overlay code out, (truly out completely) so it's truly full screen weather with a touch function still. Removed spin from JS and CSS. Already set to Chicago in the config and GPS is already off.

http://d.pr/1l0C
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-05-2013 at 07:22 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey guys. I just downloaded the all in one aniaw version but it looks like the lockscreen is suited for the 4s. Can someone tell me how to adjust it to suit it for the i5?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayaz_ View Post
    Hey guys. I just downloaded the all in one aniaw version but it looks like the lockscreen is suited for the 4s. Can someone tell me how to adjust it to suit it for the i5?

Thanks
    Hi,

I'm hoping to get an i5 next week, if I do I will immediately get the UniAW i5 compatible.

No, good news . I start to understand... Thx to Ian. I want so hard to have the same thing than before, i just added a lot of things and it produces some lags !

Ian, the "-webkit-transform: translate(x,y) translateZ(0);" line is useless. Normally, you must put some coordinates. If you put them, buggy. With no line or no coodinates (x,y), no lag.
    OOops, you weren't meant to see that, just me messing about, I forgot to remove it M8, sorry.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-05-2013 at 07:16 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

ayaz_ (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

@Dacal

Put this in you LS and let me know what you get.

NM, it was better, but still a little shaky.

I also could not see any flip or rotation happening with either of the snow.css files in there.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-05-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Can you please try this? I have taken the clock and overlay code out, (truly out completely) so it's truly full screen weather with a touch function still. Removed spin from JS and CSS. Already set to Chicago in the config and GPS is already off.
    The snow animation and clouds are smooth as silk, MJ. Snowflakes themselves are more gray than white still. They used to be almost pure white in Dacal's original. And unless this is the "light snow" animation that I'm seeing, the animation isn't continuous. There are hiccups in it where it dumps about 40 snowflakes, takes a breath, then dumps 40 more. Is that what you intend?

But the snowfall animation itself, movement from top to bottom of page is as smooth as the original to my eye on IP5.

Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013)

Hi Dacal,

Hi Ian,
    Tried your CSS zip and seems to be working superbly. Nice and smooth. Haven't tested all of the animations but mostly cloudy and partly cloudy used to be really jittery and is smooth as butter now. Thank you my good man!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013)

http://d.pr/1l0C
    I can't believe that I am saying this, but I agree with Grant. The animations are smooth, but at initial start up it dumps flakes then clears then dumps then clears. But then it evens out very nicely. It's just that initial unlock startup.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I agree with Grant. The animations are smooth, but at initial start up it dumps flakes then clears then dumps then clears. But then it evens out very nicely. It's just that initial unlock startup.
    It does even though. Yes. It's like a quick blizzard. Then it settles.

I've been running it for hours and it does even out, as you say. I'm more concerned with the animation lag (or lack thereof)

Thank you, KOH and Grant. I'm curious to if Dacal Has looked at it yet to see if he sees something I'm missing.

Also, I know Grant is on i5, what about you, king?
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-05-2013 at 09:33 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013)

It does even though. Yes. It's like a quick blizzard. Then it settles.

I've been running it for hours and it does even out, as you say. I'm more concerned with the animation lag (or lack thereof)
    Yes after 2 quick blizzards it evens out nicely to a steady snow fall.

On my 5 the animation is nice and smooth. I have a 4 and a 4s if you need me to test those also.

Yes after 2 quick blizzards it evens out nicely to a steady snow fall.

On my 5 the animation is nice and smooth. I have a 4 and a4s if you need me to test those also.
    I need someone with an i4 to test it too. Also, how is the touch function on your i5? Is it laggy or still smooth?

It's sized for a 5, do completely disregard sizes on the 4

I need someone with an i4 to test it too. Also, how is the touch function on your i5? Is it laggy or still smooth?

It's sized for a 5, do completely disregard sizes on the 4
    Touch function works well. At the beginning of the rotation it looked like it was flickering, but after I watched it for a few minutes, I realized it was just the way the text displays as it rolls around. I really think it is smooth, but just has the appearance of a flicker. I don't think there is anything that you can do to change it, unless its because the text is white.

Let me go get my 4 now.

Ok, just checked this put on my 4. It ran very well. The snow may have the slightest bit of jitter to it, but I know what I'm looking for too. I don't think any "normal" user would ever notice it, as it is ever so slight.

Touch function looked good too. Same as on the 5. Even though the bottom was cut off.

You can make this work on both devices. You just need to have an option in your config file, have 2 different CSS files and a small js file to handle it. I did one for Eric and am currently working on an 8 option one now.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 03-05-2013 at 10:20 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-06-2013)

Page 129 of 162 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129130131 139 ... LastLast