Page 128 of 162 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118126127128129130 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

No doubt solid as a rock! ...solid as two brothas from the 70's agreeing ...solid as peanut butter in the freezer ...solid as never mind lmao!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013), The_Durben (03-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi Durben,

I have got that widget but it no longer works on my HTML live preview editor, I think because of the edits to make it an iWidget, I'm not exactly great with iWidget code yet and I like to see the changes as I do them on my Mac.
    I sent you one in PM that is the same as in my pack but has a test html tied to a test config js
    Let me know if you need the link again.

Think of the Options.plist in an iWidget as a Config.js
    Easy to set up backwards on other widgets to be able to test on web

Options.plist you'll see a name key and a string that holds the name. That would be your config var blabla = true or = whatever the script is calling for for that name key
    Last edited by The_Durben; 03-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

He got help on rotation from me :P
    No doubt! I learned a lot too from it! My next one for iPad is going to be sick! ...sicker then two people with the flu hot boxing with the same stogey ...sicker then ...never mind lmao!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Best01 (03-05-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013), The_Durben (03-04-2013)

He got help on rotation from me :P
    No, that was a comment to NewD when he was asking about what iPad LS widget.

Sorry for the confusion.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-04-2013)

Hi !

First, i have an iPad 3, because apple don't respect the one year delay . I use it a lot, but it's not jailbroken now (in fact, i essentially read eBook on it and i don't feel the need to "theme" it).

For the widget i'm working on : Basalt LS [2] & ToPaz LS : the last one have less animations, so more smooth. I think i succeed to have Hardware Acceleration on clouds, but not sure for the snow (for exemple). I hear somewhere about the "red box" for accelerated elements in Safari on Mac. But I have a windows machine, I don't know how to check hardware acceleration with Chrome (and in fact, maybe it's useless because now, i use 3D tranformations that activate hardware acceleration everywhere... Except on iDevices with iOS6 ! lol !).

I keep ou inform and of course i will share my work when i will be satisfied .

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-05-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,646 Times in 4,337 Posts

I sent you one in PM that is the same as in my pack but has a test html tied to a test config js
    Let me know if you need the link again.

Think of the Options.plist in an iWidget as a Config.js
    Easy to set up backwards on other widgets to be able to test on web

Options.plist you'll see a name key and a string that holds the name. That would be your config var blabla = true or = whatever the script is calling for for that name key
    Hi Durben,

Yes M8, I got the one with the "WidgetTest.html (EPHD_WeatherTestV2) but it's not an animated weather widget.
    I also got your "DB_AniWeather_DualTouchMyCopy" which hasn't got a "tester" and looks like a lot of "figuring out" to convert it back to a normal widget for easy editing.
    Do you still have the original Widget.html before you made it an iWidget?

Thanks again for these BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi !

First, i have an iPad 3, because apple don't respect the one year delay . I use it a lot, but it's not jailbroken now (in fact, i essentially read eBook on it and i don't feel the need to "theme" it).

For the widget i'm working on : Basalt LS [2] & ToPaz LS : the last one have less animations, so more smooth. I think i succeed to have Hardware Acceleration on clouds, but not sure for the snow (for exemple). I hear somewhere about the "red box" for accelerated elements in Safari on Mac. But I have a windows machine, I don't know how to check hardware acceleration with Chrome (and in fact, maybe it's useless because now, i use 3D tranformations that activate hardware acceleration everywhere... Except on iDevices with iOS6 ! lol !).

I keep ou inform and of course i will share my work when i will be satisfied .
    Hi Dacal,

So I'm guessing your using something like this:
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) scale3d(1,1,1);
    The problem is if there is "overlapping" (hardware accelerated element on top of non accelerated element) It will cause lag, so we need to be sure the clouds, and rain/snow are both hardware-accelerated.
    Underlapping has even worse performance (non hardware accelerated element on top of an accelerated element).
    I can't remember where I saw the post on how to check if your elements are running with hardware acceleration, will try to find it again and post it here.

Iv'e also heard that the trick to getting hardware accelerated forced is this:
    "webkit-perspective:1000" and "-webkit-backface-visibility:hidden"

Hope it helps M8.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-05-2013 at 04:37 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Hi Durben,

Yes M8, I got the one with the "WidgetTest.html (EPHD_WeatherTestV2) but it's not an animated weather widget.
    I also got your "DB_AniWeather_DualTouchMyCopy" which hasn't got a "tester" and looks like a lot of "figuring out" to convert it back to a normal widget for easy editing.
    Do you still have the original Widget.html before you made it an iWidget?

Thanks again for these BTW.

Hi Dacal,

So I'm guessing your using something like this:
    -webkit-transform: translate3d(0,0,0) scale3d(1,1,1);
    Yes, i tried that. And also -webkit-transform: translate (x, y) translateZ(0);

The problem is if there is "overlapping" (hardware accelerated element on top of non accelerated element) It will cause lag, so we need to be sure the clouds, and rain/snow are both hardware-accelerated.
    Underlapping has even worse performance (non hardware accelerated element on top of an accelerated element).
    I can't remember where I saw the post on how to check if your elements are running with hardware acceleration, will try to find it again and post it here.

Iv'e also heard that the trick to getting hardware accelerated forced is this:
    "webkit-perspective:1000" and "-webkit-backface-visibility:hidden"

Hope it helps M8.
    Hi ! I read this on Junes blog. I tried perspective and/or backface-visibility, useless on my phone and worst than using only tralslateZ(0).

Dacal

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

What do you use instead of Gridlock at IOS6x?

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Iconoclasm and Iconoclasm Layout Maker to create your own icon positioning.

Or iBlanks and NoiBlankShadow in concert with each other. Those are your only two real option at this point.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Yeah M8, just to clear up what NewdestinyX said, if you use iblank it comes with a winterboard theme called "No Icon Shadows - iBlank" don't use this one or you will loose all you themed icon shadows, download the separate tweak from Cidia called "NoiBlankShadows" as NewDestinyX says, you won't see this tweak antwhere on your phone but once installed it removes the icon shadows only from the iBlank icons.

@ Dacal, Looks like you tried everything Dacal, so I'm guessing it must be the overlapping/Underlapping that's still an issue?? I wish I could find that web page where it told me how to use chrome so you can see what is running in hardware accelerated mode then you could physically see if the rain/snow and the clouds were all working with hardware acceleration.

God I'm sick typing "Hardware accelerated" LOL...
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-05-2013 at 01:53 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), lostinthemes (03-06-2013), NewdestinyX (03-05-2013)

Bombmom and I have removed ALL spin/flip from CSS and JS files and INCREASED the number of drops/flakes and I think we increased the speed of fall on MJSmash. I am testing it now and I have only an i5 version at the moment

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), NewdestinyX (03-05-2013)

Thanks

@ Dacal, Using Chrome to view GPU mode with a red border and non GPU stuff with a white border:

There are two useful command-line flags for Chrome to help debugging GPU acceleration:

1. show-composited-layer-borders
    Shows a red border around elements that are being manipulated at the GPU level. Good for confirming your manipulations occur within the GPU layer.

2. show-paint-rects
    All non-GPU changes are painted and this throws a light border around all areas that are repainted. You can see the browser optimizing paint areas in action.

Hope this helps M8.

Using Safari isn't very clear, below is a screen shot showing the UniAW, not so good as everything is very red (GPU mode)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Bombmom and I have removed ALL spin/flip from CSS and JS files and INCREASED the number of drops/flakes and I think we increased the speed of fall on MJSmash. I am testing it now and I have only an i5 version at the moment
    You will definitely see an improvement but why would you increase the number of drops if you are looking to optimize it??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2013-03-05-5.35.04-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-05-2013 at 02:39 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-05-2013), King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

You will definitely see an improvement but why would you increase the number of drops if you are looking to optimize it??
    We increased it prior to iOS 6 and didn't change it after the jitters hit. Just got rid of all spin, flip.

It's going to snowing buckets in Chicago tonight and tomorrow. VAR LOCALE:

Thought this might help testing
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-05-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-05-2013), NewdestinyX (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

We increased it prior to iOS 6 and didn't change it after the jitters hit. Just got rid of all spin, flip.

It's going to snowing buckets in Chicago tonight and tomorrow. VAR LOCALE:

Thought this might help testing
    GREAT live snow testing!!! Can we have the updated .css and Weather JS folder?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

@ Dacal, Using Chrome to view GPU mode with a red border and non GPU stuff with a white border:

There are two useful command-line flags for Chrome to help debugging GPU acceleration:

1. show-composited-layer-borders
    Shows a red border around elements that are being manipulated at the GPU level. Good for confirming your manipulations occur within the GPU layer.

2. show-paint-rects
    All non-GPU changes are painted and this throws a light border around all areas that are repainted. You can see the browser optimizing paint areas in action.

Hope this helps M8.

Using Safari isn't very clear, below is a screen shot showing the UniAW, not so good as everything is very red (GPU mode)

Th Ian ! I will try to see.

EDIT : Seems all is accelerated (snow and clouds show a red border)... But it's on my computer, so i don't know if it's the same on my iPhone.
    Last edited by Dacal; 03-05-2013 at 05:19 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    GREAT live snow testing!!! Can we have the updated .css and Weather JS folder?
    Try this. It's aniweather working test.
    http://d.pr/Hjsk

This is i5, you can run it on i4 too for testing purposes, but the cube won't show. For aniweather testing only, this will work on either, because the aniweather is only the top part of the screen.

Chicago VAR LOCALE:2379574

Turn GPS off
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 03-05-2013 at 05:34 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (03-05-2013)

Try this. It's aniweather working test.
    http://d.pr/Hjsk

This is i5, you can run it on i4 too for testing purposes, but the cube won't show. For aniweather testing only, this will work on either, because the aniweather is only the top part of the screen.

Chicago VAR LOCALE:2379574

Turn GPS off
    Thank, MJ. I will look at it 'with baited breath' to watch for the snow.. The time readout on the lockscreen covers your clouds a lot. Hard to look at them. YOUR time readout - not the standard one which I have turned off in Springtomize. What's the command line for me to 'display:none' so I can see the upper part of the sky clearer?

Thanks for entrusting me with this 'beta'.

Grant

EDIT: The VAR LOCALE you sent does show snowing now at this hour. The jitter seems nearly gone in the snow. But now there's an interval in beween each fall.. So you get a 4 second falling of flakes, short break, next falling of flakes. It's not continuous on my i5. Also it's nearly impossible to see the flakes as they are gray and not white to my eyes. Clouds look great so far. No perceivable jitter to my eyes. But I'll keep fixated on them.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thank, MJ. I will look at it 'with baited breath' to watch for the snow.. The time readout on the lockscreen covers your clouds a lot. Hard to look at them. YOUR time readout - not the standard one which I have turned off in Springtomize. What's the command line for me to 'display:none' so I can see the upper part of the sky clearer?

Thanks for entrusting me with this 'beta'.

Grant
    Using "display; none," will add to the lag.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Using "display; none," will add to the lag.
    Weren't we reading rather that display:none is 'additive'? And that one here, one there wouldn't make all that much difference. I just don't remember fully, King - but I can't imagine a single display:none will change it from smooth to jittery. Will it?

Thanks

I just removed all the spin & flip code from Dacals Basalt LS 2 (Only in the snow.css file) and tested it with snow weather in Chicago, smooth as silk, no jerkiness at all.

Before I removed it it was unwatchable.

Also tried to force GPU mode before I removed the spin/flip, tried for 2hrs but couldn't get it working.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-05-2013), The_Durben (03-05-2013)

Page 128 of 162 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118126127128129130 138 ... LastLast