+ Reply
Page 126 of 162 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116124125126127128 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW5.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll Ok, so I must have missed something, in the early days it was part of the sequence of jailbreaking, you were guided through putting your
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 3,953 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Ok, so I must have missed something, in the early days it was part of the sequence of jailbreaking, you were guided through putting your phone in DFU mode by the jailbreaking software, now though this is not the case, so why do you all do it??

The last 3 or 4 jailbreaks I have done to my phones I just updated through iTunes, then jailbroke with whatever software, & have had no issues.

I know how to enter DFU mode but somehow have missed out on the reasoning behind still doing it this way. I just updated to 6.1.2 without using the DFU method and all seems good, is this wrong??

EDIT, ye'all have got me paranoid, so I just re-did my jailbreak using the DFU way.
    Ian, Simon, KOH, NewDestiny and others:

I always do mine DFU. I look at it this way.

Take a PC for example:
    --when reinstalling windows, you can use the "install a new version of windows" way, which SAYS that it formats the partition,

OR

-- you can format C:/ and THEN do a clean install by booting from the windows disk

Same thing on a Mac: you can do the zeroed out (1 pass, 7 pass etc...) using disk utility BEFORE installing a clean version of Mac OSX...

My thoughts: while NO, it's not absolutely necessary to do either of these things, much like DFU mode, if it takes an extra 30-40 seconds, and ensures that your phone is COMPLETELY wiped, why not do it anyway?

If you're restoring in the first place, chances are its because if some issue that you are having. (Unless you're like me or KnightWing and do it once a week just for fun) Why not take an extra 30 seconds and make sure the same problem doesn't come back after your restore? Just seems like good sense.

Bottom line, no it's not required, but why not?

Happy Sunday!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-03-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013), King_O_Hill (03-03-2013), Simon (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,557 Times in 4,061 Posts

Dfu ftw!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013), King_O_Hill (03-03-2013), Simon (03-03-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,376 Times in 3,758 Posts

Nice shorthand there Chevy, if only I knew what it meant.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-03-2013), King_O_Hill (03-03-2013), Simon (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Dfu for the win. I always go dfu mode when I restore.

As MJ pointed out the reasoning very well

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013), King_O_Hill (03-03-2013)

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 481 Posts

Hello Ian I want to thank all the work he has done with this great widget, now that I see often connected, this was one of my first modifications of their work and is still working perfectly without having updated anything, Greetings

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucys For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013), Jusephe71 (05-20-2013), King_O_Hill (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,290 Posts

I tend to think the DFU Mode thing is a little OCD around here - like the (my) obsession with clearing RAM.. but like MJ says - I just like starting fresh. Before I learned of jail breaking (prior to ip4) I never did DFU updates and I never had a single problem with any iPhone. Who knows. But I do DFU cause y'all tell me to.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucys View Post
    Hello Ian I want to thank all the work he has done with this great widget, now that I see often connected, this was one of my first modifications of their work and is still working perfectly without having updated anything, Greetings

well....you did a good job. Looks great bud....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Man For This Useful Post:

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,334 Times in 5,978 Posts

MJ hit it dead on. It's just that little extra step to get you the cleanest install to start from. In guarantees you that you are not carrying over any crap.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013)

From Scotland, live in Philippines, German company, work worldwide, currently in Sri Lanka.
    Thanks

So what's happening with "iamaqtpa2t"? Did you start your jailbreak yet?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Maybe we scared him???
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    So what's happening with "iamaqtpa2t"? Did you start your jailbreak yet?
    In the middle of the update to the new IOS I booted to DFU mode and it is updating now Hope all goes well. I will stay in touch.

QT

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Maybe we scared him???
    Yes you did I am scared crapless but I am into the game now with both feet in. Thanks for the help with the DFU mode.

QT

WOW I now have the ugliest Ipone in the world. Or I should say it is now as ugly as every other stock Iphone out there. The update was a success I am going to Jailbreak after dinner. Thank you for all the help. I will return with updates YUUUUCCCCK this thing is Butt Ugly. Need to Jailbreak fast.

Thanks again Ian and King you guys are awesome.
    Last edited by iamaqtpa2t; 03-03-2013 at 12:57 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamaqtpa2t For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Glad you got the update done, now with evasi0n 1.5 the jail breaking part is a breeze, just press the "Jailbreak" button, and after a while it will ask you to tap an icon on your phone, after you jail break you might notice the Cydia icon does nothing, no worries, all will be fine after a restart. I will be here for a few hours if you need anything.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Yeah great news! Your in the home stretch. I'll be on and off all day. We got ya covered, but sounds like you are good to go.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Default Bug fix.
    Hi all,

I've finally got around to fixing a little bug on the UniAW:
    The default update time is 15 minutes, if you do not have an internet connection 15 minutes after the last successful update the display is suppose to stay the same, i.e. all the info on the screen does not change from the last successful update, BUT... with this bug, 15 minutes after the last successful update, if you have no internet connection then all the info remains the same EXCEPT the high & low temperature figures disappear.

If you constantly have internet on your device you will not have noticed this bug.

To fix this bug, open the "UniAW.js" file for editing (it's in the Javascript folder), scroll down to near the end till you see the code highlighted in the 1st screenshot below.
    You want to remove or disable these two lines of code, to disable them simply add "//" (without the inverted comma's) at the beginning of each line as per the 2nd screenshot below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UniAW5.0-screen-shot-2013-03-03-7.20.06-pm.png   UniAW5.0-screen-shot-2013-03-03-7.19.47-pm.png  
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-03-2013), lostinthemes (03-04-2013), NewdestinyX (03-03-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for all the help now the fun begins, First things first. I have the jailbreak working and the phone can connect to cydia. I installed perpagehtml+ need to ssh into the phone but can not make a connection. It has a dedicated IP address and I can ping it from the computer. Get Network error connection refused. Is there a different username and password now using root and alpine.

Also:
    • Is there a certain order to get all my stuff back
    • Does anyone know how to get rid of Verizon and put my Name there or logo
    • Is it better to just reload apps you use as opposed to a complete restore from Itunes
    • I did a backup with Xbackup should I restore with Xbackup or one at a time
    • All my icons where from Elite Pro Theme and the look was UniAW5.0 should I just use all the icons from UniAW or put back Elite Pro Also

I am sorry for all the questions just want to get it right the first time if possible Thanks for all the help I am sure this will also help others.

Thanks again

QT

Has SSH Info changed with new jailbreak Please let me know if anyone has this info

Thanks
    Last edited by iamaqtpa2t; 03-03-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks

Downloaded Openssh and I am working again fine thanks fro the help I will stay in touch as things progress Thanks again
    QT

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamaqtpa2t For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-04-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Oooo, I just happened to try "non GPS option" with my version of the UniAW PerPage and found it no longer works, GPS is working no problems.
    Traced the problem to this link, when did the JSON link stop working?
    "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastjson?w="
    Sure wish Yahoo would stop changing things.
    2 hours fiddling with it I managed to find a solution so all is good again, the UniAW versions on post 1 do not use this link so they should be good, so there was really no need for me to post this.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-04-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,475 Times in 1,496 Posts

Hi, just to know if someone has found a fix for animations on iOS 6 ? Try a lot of things, a little better than before, but not as smooth as on iOS 5.1.1

PS : for the json URL, Yahoo stopped it few month ago. I use the rss URL now.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-04-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-04-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Hi dacal, the "fix" as I heard it is to comment out the WebKit spin/flip as below.ImageUploadedByModMyi1362439698.125080.jpg seemed to work awesome. Can't tell of any negative effect.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Dacal (03-04-2013), King_O_Hill (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Yes, as Chevy has stated, I've just disabled all rotations in any of the js and CSS files, and this has just about eliminated the jitter effect. I've also been removing any code that belongs with any CSS item that has "Display: none;" too. Changes in the way you get GPU acceleration to be utilized has forced this for a quick fix.

I've not fully researched any thing past this, as so far it fills the needs. But I am wide open to any suggestion that you may have.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (03-04-2013)