Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114122123124125126 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3236

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW5.0

  1. #2461
    Hi, need some advise here.

    I'm using the GPS animated download. But it seems like the weather is not updating itself??
    It will only refreshes to the correct weather if I re-spring or if I leave the home screen on for 15+/- mins
    Is there anything I need to do or am I missing something??

    Thanks

  2. #2462
    Typical refresh time on weather is 15 minutes or if you respring. Sounds like its working just fine.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-01-2013)

  4. #2463
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Typical refresh time on weather is 15 minutes or if you respring. Sounds like its working just fine.
    Oh you mean the animated weather won't update itself if I lock the phone?
    The rest of winterboard themes seems to update the weather when I unlock the phone, no?

    Example, My phone is still showing the moon while it's already afternoon, unless I re-spring, then it will updated into the sun. O.o

    Sorry, not really sure how all these actually works if it is suppose to be like this. lol

  5. #2464
    The sun and the moon should change automatically with the tine of day. Not sure why it isn't.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    ahh_boi (03-02-2013), Best01 (03-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (03-01-2013)

  7. #2465
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 97 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Ian, since upgrading to 6.1 I had to re jail break my 4 S so I lost everything including your UnniAW5.0 all in one LS. I finally got it reinstalled. Is there a way that I can modify to include the GPS and keep the clock, weather movements, and calendar?
    Mr Hartman I am running an Iphone 4 with OS 4.28 Everything works awesome but I need to update my os I know I am going to lose my Jailbreak is it hard or possible to jailbreak after an upgrade to 6.1? and do you have to go all the way to 6.1 can you go like to 5.5 or something. I know this is off topic but I am petrified to do this update thing and lose my perfect phone. Thanks for any help or advice you can share on this.

    Chipman

  8. #2466
    Bro, there isn't any 5.5???

    You must go to 6.1.2, but you better hurry, as apple is about to release 6.1.3 that does not have a jailbreak.

    Backup all your themes, widgets, whatever and most of it will work with some changes. Just look around on the forum, there are plenty of tutorials to help you out. If you get stuck, just ask.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-01-2013)

  10. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Bro, there isn't any 5.5???

    You must go to 6.1.2, but you better hurry, as apple is about to release 6.1.3 that does not have a jailbreak.

    Backup all your themes, widgets, whatever and most of it will work with some changes. Just look around on the forum, there are plenty of tutorials to help you out. If you get stuck, just ask.

    What is the best way to go from a jailbreak on 6.1 to 6.1.2 on an iphone 4? I always have issues restoring my iphone via iTunes where it gets stuck in recovery mode or some fool thing and ends up taking me the entire day to get it working again.

  11. #2468
    My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NH, USA
    Posts
    911
    Thanks
    2,256
    Thanked 626 Times in 362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron213 View Post
    What is the best way to go from a jailbreak on 6.1 to 6.1.2 on an iphone 4? I always have issues restoring my iphone via iTunes where it gets stuck in recovery mode or some fool thing and ends up taking me the entire day to get it working again.
    If you are jailbroken and want to update and then jailbreak again, the best and recommended way is to restore via itunes and upgrade via itunes and not over the air upgrade and then do the jailbreak, which is super easy and takes about 5 minutes of your time. Just follow the instruction in the evasi0n installer and you will be all set to go. I use PKGBackup to restore all of my Cydia apps, but you have to check them first to make sure they are 6.x ready as they will mess up your phone (in some cases) if they are not.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyTG For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-01-2013)

  13. #2469
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    If you are jailbroken and want to update and then jailbreak again, the best and recommended way is to restore via itunes and upgrade via itunes and not over the air upgrade and then do the jailbreak, which is super easy and takes about 5 minutes of your time. Just follow the instruction in the evasi0n installer and you will be all set to go. I use PKGBackup to restore all of my Cydia apps, but you have to check them first to make sure they are 6.x ready as they will mess up your phone (in some cases) if they are not.
    I'm sorry but that would not be my recommendation but it will work.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  14. #2470
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm sorry but that would not be my recommendation but it will work.
    What is your recommendation?

  15. #2471
    I would download the correct ipsw file for your device from the "downloads" section here at MMI.

    If you are using iCloud, then you are probably already backing up your contacts, calendars etc.

    Pull anything else off your phone that you want to put back on it manually.

    Plug your phone into your pc and put it into DFU mode. Not recovery mode ( the screen should be just black ).

    Open iTunes if its not open yet. Then hold "shift" and click on restore. A window will pop up to allow you to pick the ipsw file that you downloaded.

    When the restore is complete, do "set up as new".

    Once your done with the setup and you are back to stock, jailbreak with the latest version of Ecasi0n, 1.5 I think.

    When this is done, I reload all cydia tweaks manually from cydia. Then you can just resync your apps from iTunes. Although, I just redownload them from the App Store.

    This is the cleanest way to restore. Using DFU is the only method that will wipe your phone clean that I know of.

    Goog luck!

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    ahh_boi (03-02-2013), Ian Nicoll (02-28-2013), RKO1195 (03-03-2013)

  17. #2472
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 97 Times in 41 Posts

    I have started to prepare for the upgrade to 6.1.2 I would like to get the right ISPW file but what is that and where could I get it from. I am looking to pay someone to help and walk me through this update and re-jailbreak can we jailbreak with version untethered like the old ones.

    Anyone interested in this let me know I just need a little coaching and confidence. I can do the rest. I will pay.

    Thanks

  18. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaqtpa2t View Post
    I have started to prepare for the upgrade to 6.1.2 I would like to get the right ISPW file but what is that and where could I get it from. I am looking to pay someone to help and walk me through this update and re-jailbreak can we jailbreak with version untethered like the old ones.

    Anyone interested in this let me know I just need a little coaching and confidence. I can do the rest. I will pay.

    Thanks
    I would start here: How to Jailbreak your iDevice | ModMyi.com

  19. #2474
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in the Philippines.
    Posts
    5,408
    Thanks
    8,473
    Thanked 21,640 Times in 4,337 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iamaqtpa2t View Post
    I have started to prepare for the upgrade to 6.1.2 I would like to get the right ISPW file but what is that and where could I get it from. I am looking to pay someone to help and walk me through this update and re-jailbreak can we jailbreak with version untethered like the old ones.

    Anyone interested in this let me know I just need a little coaching and confidence. I can do the rest. I will pay.

    Thanks
    1st, go into you phone, (Library/Themes), copy the themes you want to keep on to your computer, do the same with any iWidgets (var/mobile/Library/iWidgets) and any PerPage widgets (var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML.

    2nd. Download evasi0n 1.5

    3. Don't pay anyone for this.

    4. We will do it the normal way, plug in your phone to you PC, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (check for updates) when it tells you there is a new software for your phone just select "Download Only"

    What kind of iPhone do you have?

    Is your iPhone unlocked from factory?
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 03-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  20. #2475
    I just zipped all my mods and widgets, etc and uploaded them to drop box the redownloaded them once I re jailbroke. This way now need to transfer anything onto a computer. Good luck.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Best01 For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-02-2013)

  22. #2476
    I posted pretty complete, directions above. Make sure when you do the actual restore, that you put your device into DFU mode. That is a black screen without the USB cable displaying with iTunes on the screen. Then use shift key and click restore so that you can pick the ipsw file that you downloaded. This will ensure a complete "wipe" of your device as opposed to an overwrite. It's much cleaner.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (03-03-2013)

  24. #2477
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iamaqtpa2t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Encinitas, CA
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 97 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    1st, go into you phone, (Library/Themes), copy the themes you want to keep on to your computer, do the same with any iWidgets (var/mobile/Library/iWidgets) and any PerPage widgets (var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML.
    I have done this already and I have backed up all of my Media and stash and mobile inportant stuff. I have also backed up cydia with Xbackup. I use Plaxo for my phone book.
    2nd. Download evasi0n 1.5

    3. Don't pay anyone for this.

    4. We will do it the normal way, plug in your phone to you PC, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (check for updates) when it tells you there is a new software for your phone just select "Download Only"

    What kind of iPhone do you have?

    I have a verison Iphone 4 with os 4.28

    Is your iPhone unlocked from factory?
    It is a Verizon phone I bought outright. So No contract etc.

    Thanks Ian you are awesome.

  25. #2478
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I posted pretty complete, directions above. Make sure when you do the actual restore, that you put your device into DFU mode. That is a black screen without the USB cable displaying with iTunes on the screen. Then use shift key and click restore so that you can pick the ipsw file that you downloaded. This will ensure a complete "wipe" of your device as opposed to an overwrite. It's much cleaner.
    Ah but if only someone would teach the masses how to get INTO DFU mode as opposed to recovery. No matter how many times you watch the YouTube videos it just never runs as easily on your own phone.. And it works differently if you're plugged into a charger or not.. Oy.. I have such trouble getting into DFU sometimes......
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  26. #2479
    It's very easy:

    Turn your device off

    Then hold power and home button for about 10 seconds. You will see the apple pop up.

    Now let go of the power button and continue holding the home button for another 5 seconds.

    If you do this while plugged into PC, it will pop up that new hardware is installed and that your device is in DFU mode. Your screen will be black!

    If you see the USB and iTunes screen, you are in restore mode, not true DFU. Just hold the power and home down again and when it reboots, let go of both to boot normally. Then try it again.

    With a little practice, it will come easy.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  27. #2480
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's very easy:

    Turn your device off

    Then hold power and home button for about 10 seconds. You will see the apple pop up.

    Now let go of the power button and continue holding the home button for another 5 seconds.

    If you do this while plugged into PC, it will pop up that new hardware is installed and that your device is in DFU mode. Your screen will be black!

    If you see the USB and iTunes screen, you are in restore mode, not true DFU. Just hold the power and home down again and when it reboots, let go of both to boot normally. Then try it again.

    With a little practice, it will come easy.
    When I'm plugged into iTunes with my USB cable, what you describe there only restarts the whole phone. Screen never goes black. Some YouTube videos tell you you must turn off the phone first others say no.

    But if you're in DFU already -then plugging into iTunes turns the phone back on. When I'm not plugged into the MAC I get into DFU easily. Then when I plug into iTunes the phone restarts - Apple logo comes back on. That's what puzzles me.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114122123124125126 134 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •