Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3122

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pages

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    This is where I draw the line, don't try to compare one theme to another, and do not put a theme down unless YOU can make something better. The GC3 guys are good friends of mine, and offending their work is offending me.

As for Robink, he has some valid points. A themer is supposed to make everything from scratch. If Bluemetal did use the switchers without giving credit, it is Bluemetal's fault. No one should sell something that is not completely their own creation, and if they do, at least give credit to the original developers, whether they are asked to or not, it is common curtsy.

As for the top themers, there really can't be a "top" themer, especially when each themer has his or her own style, and different styles appeal to different people. Some consider one themer better than another, simply because they might like that particular style more than others. It is not right to judge themers, as theming in general takes a large amount of time and commitment.

That is my two cents, take it or leave it.
    I have to agree here. Some of u ate missing the point of the complaint.

If the sbsetting theme is from someone else's work then it should not be part of a paid theme. Rather here's a free add-on and credits to yada yada.

It's like me taking Ian's UNIAW theme packaging it in a theme and selling it.

Blue does do good work. I say this even though I have issue with him. But to see this toggle psd come out without a single mention of its originator has really made me question integrity

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

KnightWing (02-05-2012), robinkkk (02-05-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post

If the sbsetting theme is from someone else's work then it should not be part of a paid theme. Rather here's a free add-on and credits to yada yada.

Blue does do good work. I say this even though I have issue with him. But to see this toggle psd come out without a single mention of its originator has really made me question integrity
    No. It seems you and them are missing the point. The original creator HAS GIVEN PERMISSION TO SELL IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I completely disagree. I didn't put any theme down either. Not like Robinkkk is doing here. I'm just wondering where his jealously stems from? I guessed at this being more popular. Never said it was bad. So now you have double standards by supporting someone who is putting a theme down.

Also 'a themer is supposed to make everything from scratch'?!?!? Biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard!!! Show me the rule book!

If someone says - I've made this and use it for whatever you want and no need to give anything back - Then what the hell is wrong with that? Blue has done nothing wrong. AT ALL.

This is starting to sound like a witch hunt.
    Jealousy? You don't know me, so don't pretend you know a bit of me. Just FYI i didn't make any cent from GC (since you wanted to involve another theme.....) nor want to. But some peeps know everything better :-) Go kiss his ***, just leave it then you have no points to argue with.

+ you need to look closer. "that's just dumb" ? dumb is something else :-) check it, THEN come back and argue. Anyways our "disagreement" ends here. Maybe come back when you got some real points.. (this will be never i think )

you can follow me on Twitter for more mods and help =) : @robinkmz

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I completely disagree. I didn't put any theme down either. Not like Robinkkk is doing here. I'm just wondering where his jealously stems from? I guessed at this being more popular. Never said it was bad. So now you have double standards by supporting someone who is putting a theme down.

Also 'a themer is supposed to make everything from scratch'?!?!? Biggest pile of bollocks I've ever heard!!! Show me the rule book!

If someone says - I've made this and use it for whatever you want and no need to give anything back - Then what the hell is wrong with that? Blue has done nothing wrong. AT ALL.

This is starting to sound like a witch hunt.
    XPprem and Robink have known me for a while, and I have great respect for them. I did not say that Bluemetal stole the images, I said "if" he did. It's up to him to tell us if he did or if he didn't. A themer should make everything from scratch, that's why it takes so long to create a theme lol. There is no "rule book" in creating themes, and there are several themers (whether known well or not) that simply use images from other themes and just apply a different style to them. I'm sure it's perfectly "legal," but it's frowned upon by this iCommunity, as the people who made it originally work hard to make these images. That is not a "pile of bollocks," but the truth.

MY argument is that if someone did make something for people freely to use, don't act like you made it. Give the person a little credit. That's how I've always been, ever since the beginning.

I honestly don't care if you agree or disagree, I'm here to state my opinion because I see you trying to act like you understand exactly what you are talking about, when you do not. It would not have gotten so out of hand if you had not jumped in, and let Bluemetal handle this, as it is honestly not your place to fight for Bluemetal. However, since you jumped in, I decided to as well, as you had to mention Robink's theme skills, when you inadvertadly mentioned GC("whatever it's called" as you put it) in a negative way. There are three themers very talented that have been working on that, and I'm sure they do not appreciate the tone you have while mentioning their work.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post

Thank you, this is exactly what I'm trying to state. I'm not questioning Bluemetal's skill or talent, I'm just simply stating that if he did use another's PSD, to just mention their name at least. If he did not use their psd, then it's no issue at all.
    Last edited by KnightWing; 02-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robinkkk View Post
    Jealousy? You don't know me, so don't pretend you know a bit of me. Just FYI i didn't make any cent from GC (since you wanted to involve another theme.....) nor want to. But some peeps know everything better :-) Go kiss his ***, just leave it then you have no points to argue with.

+ you need to look closer. "that's just dumb" ? dumb is something else :-) check it, THEN come back and argue. Anyways our "disagreement" ends here. Maybe come back when you got some real points.. (this will be never i think )
    I fear the only thing I know about you is your dark, mean, green side. Not good. I'm pretty sure I've given valid points against all yours, and your buddy's 'arguements'. The fact remains, what started off as 'hey you've stolen this', which you were proven wrong as the creator is giving it away for use on anything and not asked for credit.

It should have ended there!! Once you were proven wrong.

But no, you start bad mouthing all of his other themes, which couldn't be further apart from each other. Sad, so very sad.

The dark side of MMi and you.

Great update to this already awesome theme.
    Any else got this problem?? The status bar is overlapping bitesms,also happened on YouTube..
    TIA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post
    XPprem and Robink have known me for a while, and I have great respect for them. I did not say that Bluemetal stole the images, I said "if" he did. It's up to him to tell us if he did or if he didn't. A themer should make everything from scratch, that's why it takes so long to create a theme lol. There is no "rule book" in creating themes, and there are several themers (whether known well or not) that simply use images from other themes and just apply a different style to them. I'm sure it's perfectly "legal," but it's frowned upon by this iCommunity, as the people who made it originally work hard to make these images. That is not a "pile of bollocks," but the truth.
    I still don't get 'a themer should make everything from scratch'. Zausser gets some of his images from a site, he said a few pages into the Legacy thread. So as it seems this is only yours (and maybe some others) belief but not set in stone. Then why should Blue or anyone else follow that?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTWING View Post
    MY argument is that if someone did make something for people freely to use, don't act like you made it. Give the person a little credit. That's how I've always been, ever since the beginning.
    Maybe, but if someone says you don't need to credit me, is it still imperative that you do?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTWING View Post
    I honestly don't care if you agree or disagree, I'm here to state my opinion because I see you trying to act like you understand exactly what you are talking about, when you do not. It would not have gotten so out of hand if you had not jumped in, and let Bluemetal handle this, as it is honestly not your place to fight for Bluemetal. However, since you jumped in, I decided to as well, as you had to mention Robink's theme skills, when you inadvertadly mentioned GC("whatever it's called" as you put it) in a negative way. There are three themers very talented that have been working on that, and I'm sure they do not appreciate the tone you have while mentioning their work.
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I tried to end this before you stepped in, when Robinkkk was proved to be wrong and the idea wasn't stolen. Robinkkk then started getting personal on the theme putting-down. I'm not going to sit back and watch two people lay into an innocent guy. The fact I remembered GC and not the rest of the name when the theme is so far down the threads speaks pretty good of me and theme, if I don't say so myself. In-turn complimenting the creator as I remembered it!

Just remember - Robinkkk started all this. He also started bad mouthing previous themes. In fact, he is the only person who has done this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow that was a waste of time reading.

Come on guys move on now.

If you don't like Blues themes then go elsewhere and leave this thread for people who do.

You do raise some valid points but so does everyone else.

You are all entitled to your opinions and that doesn't make anyone right or wrong.

So I am after some help.

I need some spring jumps as per the attached but with no ribbons.

Can anyone make the glyphs into the paper lip style icons?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1328468014.556335.jpg  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Markdooler For This Useful Post:

KraXik (02-05-2012)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,298 Times in 3,580 Posts

1. Basicly iīm suprised that some guys here reduce a theme with around 2.500 new graphics to 1 graphic ?!

2. I acknowledge that i was searching for a nice button look and found a picture of that button with google picture search. I donīt know who made this button. My button is made by my own with my own template. If you look at the lightning/shadows of it, the green LED light and the correct down-grade of this LED and the Zero you can see that this is made different but very similar.
    3. I agree that i should have given the designer credits, for his idea, and will do so.

Hopefully this envy posting ends now here.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

KraXik (02-05-2012), markfern811 (02-05-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Iphone ie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,165 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markdooler View Post
    Wow that was a waste of time reading.

Come on guys move on now.

If you don't like Blues themes then go elsewhere and leave this thread for people who do.

You do raise some valid points but so does everyone else.

You are all entitled to your opinions and that doesn't make anyone right or wrong.
    Yes I completely agree,take it to pm or chat.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yamakasi73 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-05-2012), KraXik (02-05-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamakasi73 View Post
    Mark, if you mean so??

-home.png
    Perfect!

Can u make them as per the ones I am using.

And if it's not too much trouble could I have them in grey rathe than red?

Cheers fella.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markfern811 View Post
    Great update to this already awesome theme.
    Any else got this problem?? The status bar is overlapping bitesms,also happened on YouTube..
    TIA
    I donīt use biteSMS, but itīs working on youtube. The bar has the right size of 640x40 pixels.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    I donīt use biteSMS, but itīs working on youtube. The bar has the right size of 640x40 pixels.
    I don't have any troubles with it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Markdooler For This Useful Post:

markfern811 (02-05-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    1. Basicly iīm suprised that some guys here reduce a theme with around 2.500 new graphics to 1 graphic ?!

2. I acknowledge that i was searching for a nice button look and found a picture of that button with google picture search. I donīt know who made this button. My button is made by my own with my own template. If you look at the lightning/shadows of it, the green LED light and the correct down-grade of this LED and the Zero you can see that this is made different but very similar.
    3. I agree that i should have given the designer credits, for his idea, and will do so.

Hopefully this envy posting ends now here.....
    I hope this is not related to both PSD file to let the previous page (Page 60). If they want to know that the purpose of this is to bend the course here that one or another idea is taken from somewhere. The purpose of these two PSD file, as I said making a logo status bar, nothing more. Blue sorry if something I've touched or insulted
    Last edited by Darkness777; 02-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yamakasi73 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-05-2012), KraXik (02-05-2012)

Thanks

Fixed the overlapping text:

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (02-12-2012), It's Mi (02-05-2012), KraXik (02-05-2012), lao3hero (02-05-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Mark? Like so, or more darkness?

-icons.png
    Yea a little darker if I'm not already being too much of a pain.

I do appreciate it.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yamakasi73 For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (02-12-2012), indyzzzz (02-06-2012), It's Mi (02-05-2012), KraXik (02-05-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

or without Iconlabels?

-settings.png

Darker -settings2.png
    Def without. And deff darker.

Can you remove that red bit on the upturn?

Page 61 of 157 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 111 ... LastLast