+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Replace Icons for non Jailbreaks phone Tuturial

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Follow this tuturial by Nate And Janik iExplorer Instructions Download iExplorer here: iExplorer - Formerly iPhone Explorer, is an iPhone browser for Mac and PC Launch iExplorer and connect your
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,389 Times in 2,985 Posts

Default How To Replace Icons for non Jailbreaks phone Tuturial
    Follow this tuturial by Nate And Janik

iExplorer Instructions

Download iExplorer here: iExplorer - Formerly iPhone Explorer, is an iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Launch iExplorer and connect your iPhone via USB.

Choose your phone from the source list in iExplorer

Navigate to the app that you want to change the icon for and click it. Ex: Agenda.app

In the app resources find the main icon. This can be tricky since these images are crunched for iOS so you can't see the actual image. These usually can be identified by the name. Ex: [email protected], [email protected], etc...

Rename the existing icon's name. Ex: [email protected] --> [email protected] This is necessary to overwrite the icon.

Now drag your icon into the app resource window twice. Yes twice. The second time iExplorer will ask if you want to overwrite it. You do.

P.s let me know if it works

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBourne For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (12-21-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReBourne View Post
    Follow this tuturial by Nate And Janik

iExplorer Instructions

Download iExplorer here: iExplorer - Formerly iPhone Explorer, is an iPhone browser for Mac and PC

Launch iExplorer and connect your iPhone via USB.

Choose your phone from the source list in iExplorer

Navigate to the app that you want to change the icon for and click it. Ex: Agenda.app

In the app resources find the main icon. This can be tricky since these images are crunched for iOS so you can't see the actual image. These usually can be identified by the name. Ex: [email protected], [email protected], etc...

Rename the existing icon's name. Ex: [email protected] --> [email protected] This is necessary to overwrite the icon.

Now drag your icon into the app resource window twice. Yes twice. The second time iExplorer will ask if you want to overwrite it. You do.

P.s let me know if it works
    Dear ReBourne,

I have been having quite a few challenges doing this. I tried many things - deleting the file, replacing it with the file of my choice, etc. But nothing works man. Im on a mac (OSX 10.7.5). And I'm using iExplorer ver 3.1.1. Can you help? I'd really appreciate the help man. Been trying to customise my iPhone icons but to no avail.

Regards,
    Bensra