Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Metro 8 : Windows 8 on iPhone
10-25-2011, 02:14 PM #1Metro 8 : Windows 8 on iPhoneThis theme has been rewritten and updated : see more infos here : http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=807710
My first important DreamBoard was Metro. It was inspired by Windows Phone 7 and it's available on ThemeIt.
This is my new theme. I recreated a whole new theme, inspired by Windows 8 and the upcoming new XBox interface.
Any ideas are welcome, I hope you will like this theme !
- New Start Menu : I merged Start and Work view, so that you can have a big scrollable start menu with all you apps. 8 apps are customizables. There are badges on mail, sms, phone and AppStore icons, and access to all your hubs.
- 3 new hubs : Games, inspired by the XBox, Medias and Social, inspired by WP7. Put there every app or game that you want and access easily to Facebook.
- Landscape mode : Everything, including the Start Menu and the hubs, is available in landscape menu. Just launch the Menu and touch the rotate button. That will make your iPhone really looks like Windows 8 is running on it.
Old versions of Metro 8 are still available in the Extras :
1. Metro 8 ''Basic'' : This is the first version I worked on, but enhanced to get all the improvements that I added in the second version. In this version, the tiles (the colored squares) are fixed, meaning that you can't edit them without changing the code (so changing a tile requires a minimum knowledge about DreamBoard coding, except in the ''Medias'' hub since the 1.0.1 version - but I can help you if it's necessary). Besides this disadvantage, this version allow ''larges tiles'' and more opportunity to create widgets and animated tiles in the future. Badges are displayed on Mail, Phone, Messages and AppStore tiles.
2. Metro 8 ''Advanced'' : The first version is a very classic DreamBoard theme. This version is more experimental. In this version, it's really easy to change a tile. You can do your very own ''start'', ''work'', ''medias'' and ''games'' pages without coding. Icons are really easy to create. However, this version is currently more limited : there are only ''small tiles'' (no ''large tiles'') (but I'm working on this feature !) and you'll probably never see a live tile or a widget on that. This version is set to change in interesting ways, I think.
I worked on those two versions so that they don't consume too much RAM. I'll provide free updates and templates for icons creators.
Templates are included. The price is $2,99.
Buy now !
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Rigatony For This Useful Post:
12srafi (11-11-2011), AuStynburg (12-23-2011), BadJ3d1 (10-31-2011), BennyPR (10-28-2011), Drdamage (10-26-2011), EduardoFelix (11-13-2011), ErikWithNoC (10-26-2011), Frep (10-26-2011), hispasat (01-12-2012), iLov3 (11-13-2011), ingwersen96 (10-30-2011), Jdot1224 (10-29-2011), k.nitsua (10-26-2011), kuanyu (12-17-2011), markfern811 (11-06-2011), metaserph (10-25-2011), MMCat (11-24-2011), noelbob (11-07-2011), Pii (11-12-2011), pro4ever (11-02-2011), rameses09 (10-25-2011), rennsport (02-27-2012), satointl (11-12-2011), Simon (01-12-2012), singo1881 (11-11-2011), SirTimothy1 (11-01-2011), ss4adib (11-16-2011), swol_je (10-26-2011), TinkaB (03-01-2012), togomaku (11-15-2011), unrealpanda (11-12-2011)
10-25-2011, 02:24 PM #2
10-25-2011, 02:26 PM #3
Wow, after sahandii abandoned his. I am really looking forward to this. It looks great!! Ideas welcome eh? How about the user login feature like iOmni?
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM #4
That feature was one of the best parts of iOmni
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM #5
10-25-2011, 02:44 PM #6
Sounds great! can't wait. Are you going to have any live tiles? just a few maybe?
10-25-2011, 03:28 PM #7
10-25-2011, 04:04 PM #8
thats perfect I'm all for simplicity. A working calendar tile would be nice.
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM #9
Haven't been active on MMI for a while and I return to see this. As usual good to see you work Rigatony!
10-25-2011, 06:03 PM #10
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM #11
10-26-2011, 01:04 AM #12
This will be my next DreamBoard theme. THANK YOU!!!!!#eli7e revived me
10-26-2011, 04:28 AM #13
10-26-2011, 05:14 AM #14
This will obviously be one of my favorite db team, good job
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM #15
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM #16
this is sick!
Very impressive actually
let me know if you want to do a UI together...i wanna give the metro ui a crack anyways
10-26-2011, 04:27 PM #17
Alright, I didn't work enough today to show you more screenshots, maybe tomorrow (yes, it's 00:30 here in France)
Anyway, thanks for your great feedbacks
10-26-2011, 05:12 PM #18
Hell Yea! This is gunna be sweet. How about a nice Dreamboard Windows lockscreen like the windows 8 one.
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM #19
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM #20