Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Existenzis a discussion within the
iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launchesforums, a part of the
New Skins / Themes Launchessection;
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM #1
for WinterBoard, Retina Devices and iOS 4.3 to 5.1
VERSION 1.3 is avaiable NOW
at Cydia, iThemeSky and ThemeIt
Needed: ONLY PerPageHTML and Gridlock (depending on your iOS version you might need PerpagePlus instead of PerPageHTML)
All-in-one-autorefreshing Über-Widget, the most powefull widget ever made !
HD-analog Clock (created by Ian Nicoll) , LCD clock and Date
Month Calendar plus live Google appointments (if you use Google Calendar)
Build-in latest and unreleased UniAW full animated live weather (Rain, snow, clouds, rainbow, fog, hail, sun/moon at the current real position (!), day/night backgrounds etc., created by Ian Nicoll)
Professional Graphics, various backgrounds simply switchable at Winterboard
Auto-refreshing and scrolling RSS Reader for your favorite feed.
Very easy installation, multilingual widgets (English, German, French a. Spanish) and 24 h clock
Icon mask plus many unique icons made from the scratch
LoadingScreens. Statusbar themed and much more.
Lockscreen with widgets and ANIMATED LOGO (!)
All needed PSDīs for you Modders.
Notification Center themed (for iOS 5)
Themed Apps: Phone/Dialer, iPod, Calendar, Safari, Maps, Notes, AppStore, iTunes, Weather, Mail, Camera, Clock/Stopwatch/Timer, Contacts, Messages, Photos, YouTube, Videos, Settings
Complete and brandnew UI (all Buttons, bars, windows etc.)
New System FONT included (for use with BytaFont)
ColorKeyboard, BiteSMS and Newsstand (iOS5) themed
Very fast, no lag guaranteed (!) (New and optimized Widget code for more speed and low RAM usage)
Official black glassy mod: ExistenZ Midnight, aviable at Cydia and ThemeIt for Free:
How does it work?
You have this all-in-one widget only on your homescreen, itīs completly slideable, refreshes automatically (Weather, RSS, Calendar, appointments) and everything is full animated. For all other pages you have two widget-styled windows each page. The background is static and simply switchable at Winterboard.
Matching LoadingScreens for each Icon (!)
Six build-in background styles with Loadingscreens that can display this current backgrounds (on iOS5+ only)
Multilingual Widgets, your favorite RSS feed and many build-in background styles:
Themed Apps and a brandnew UI:
Optional Homescreen without a RSS Window but a AppWindow
iPod, SBSettings and Clock:
This is a popular Mod of this theme, created by Ian Nicoll.
It adds springjumps, a large transparent month calendar with transparent icons, a Lockscreen with large calendar plus other minor changes of layout and style to ExistenZ.
Avaiable at ThemeIt and Cydia NOW (search for "ExistenZ Ian's Mod"). Itīll be only downloadable if you officially purchased ExistenZ before.
NOTE: The installation guide with more needed files is stored at Existenz.theme (!)
Needed is only PerPageHTML (or PerPagePlus) and Gridlock
1. Place the Clock, Weather and Calendar app on Homescreen right, place other apps and folders on other pages.
2. Enable Existenz.theme and Existenz-Lockscreen.theme at WinterBoard.
If you want another background enable also one of it. Make sure they are listed above the main theme at WinterBoard.
3. Start the PerPageHTML app on your iPhone and allocate "ExistenZ-Spotlight", "Existenz-Page1" plus as many other pages you need to your Springboard-Pages.
Download this free add-on at Cydia or ThemeIt
At Winterboard enable: Existenz.theme, ExistenzM.theme and ExistenzM Lockscreen.theme
At Perpage disable all Existenz pages and enable instead all ExistenzM pages
SEE ATTACHED PICTURE HERE (!)
1. You can change or enable location, language, 12/24 clock, am/pm, display seconds at var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/Existenz-Page1/Setup/Config.js
2. For the lockscreen make the same setup at Libary/Themes/Existenz-Lockscreen.theme/Setup/Config.js
LocationCode: Open Yahoo! Weather - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News search for your city and then youīll find a six digits number at the adressbar of your browser, this is your location code.
3. To change the start of the Calendar to Monday, open var/mobile/Library/PerPageHTML/Existenz-Page1/Resources/Calendar/Calendar.html and write at
....var Calendar_starts_on_Monday = true...
This RSS shows CNN news by default. If you want to change the feed:
a) Go to this website: Free Feed Widget for displaying valid rss & xml feeds, as used on Surfing Waves and copy the number from the site page (it is a newly generated number for each visitor). See attached picture at bottom of this post (!))
c) Write your favorite feed at top of the NewRSS.js file (Replace "CNN.com")
NOTE: It may last some minutes till the springboard widget refeshes to your new feed !
1. The Month Calendar can be set to start on Monday or Sunday (setup see above). Default is Sunday.
2. The Live Calendar with your appointments only works if you use a google calendar (with googly sync on your iPhone or in any other way) AND if you made this calendar public: [VIDEO] Make a calendar public in Google Calendar - YouTube
3. Write your gmail or googlemail adress at var/mobile/Libary/PerPageHTML/Existenz-Page1/Widget.HTML:
- The LiveCalendar refreshes time-based, so i can last some minutes till it refeshes appointments on your springboard.
- It shows up to two current or upcoming appointments.
- This widget shows no birthdays, as google stores birthdays of your google contacts to a extra calendar that canīt be made public. If you manually entered birthdays to your calender the widget certainly shows this birthdays.
Start Stettings -> CK
a) Select either the theme "ExistenZ NoButtons" or "ExistenZ BlackButtons"
b) Open "Customize backgrounds", enable Custom BG for both "iPhone Standard" and "iPhone-Alert" and setup the new Existenz Backgrounds for Portrait and Landscape.
*Iīve seen new icons for Skype, Facebook, WhatsApp and eBay, where are they ?
Because of WinterBoard issues you must enable the Summerboard mode at the WinterBoard app if you want this new icons. This icons are stored at the Icons folder of this theme.
* How can i enable this new font on my device ?
Install/Start the freeware BytaFont(Cydia) -> Basic -> enable "Heiti K Light"
*How can i enable the new Respring graphic on my device ?
Copy respring.png from the folder Extras/Respring Wallpaper/ to var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/...here...
*How can i hide the iOS clock on Lockscreen ?
Install (ONLY!) LockScreenClockHide from Cydia (freeware)
* I have the stock wallpaper when making phonecall/open a folder ?
A general problem on iOS. Fix: Choose the matching Lockscreen wallpaper from one of the Existenz Theme folders (named [email protected]) and save it with iFile to your camera roll, or on Mac/PC sync it with iTunes to your iPhone camera roll, then start the Photos app and choose it as your wallpaper.
* Can i remove several widgets ?
No, this is one all-in-one widget (for avoiding lag and reducing RAM usage). Itīs certainly possible if you have good html and photoshop skills.
* Why is my Mail-Icon unthemed ?
If youīre not using iOS 5, please open com.apple.mobilemail and rename "Icon.png" and "[email protected]" to "icon.png" and "[email protected]"
* Some of my Cydia apps icons are unthemed ?
Install the freeware ThemeIconMaker from Cydia and auto-theme all unthemed icons
* Why are my icons not alignend correctly ?
This theme is made for the stock 4x4 icon layout. Disable other tweaks like Iconoclasm. But itīs possible to use 5 icons at the dock.
* I canīt find my Calendar, Weather and Clock icon ?
They are transparent now, you only see the labels. This is wanted to place them above the widgets, so pressing this widgets starts this apps.
* I changed a icon but it doesnīt work ?
a) Make sure the icon is named right (i[email protected] ~ I[email protected]) at right bundle folder.
b) Sometimes itīs necessary to clean the icon cache of the iPhone: var/mobile/Libary/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache/....Delete all files in here...
NOTE: TIM creates own bundle folders at ExistenZ.theme/folders/... . If you have e. g. a icons folder for ExistenZ and stored icons there, WinterBoard will still prefer the TIM created icons from this Bundle folders. In this case place your new icons at this bundle folders or delete this bundle folders so the icons from your icons folder can work.
* I changed the background at WinterBoard but it doesn`t effect on LockScreen ?
Yes, this canīt be made better unless i would add 5more complete Lockscreen themes to ExistenZ. This would blow up Existenz too much.
Fix: Choose your favorite Lockscreen wallpaper from one of the Existenz Theme folders (named LSBG.png) and copy it to Existenz Lockscreen.theme.
* I have bright white and larger labels on some icons ?
This is a WinterBoard bug and only happens on some iOS versions and if you move a Icon out of the dock. Make a repring
* Why is the Lockscreen weather not animated ?
This is wanted to avoid lag and battery draining, two running full animated weather widgets are possible but problematic for CPU and RAM.
* I donīt understand all this PerPage things ?
PerPage is a Cydia app that let you have a own Wallpaper and own widgets for each of your iPhone pages.
1. ExistenZ uses transparent Wallpapers with widget graphics painted on it, so the real theme wallpaper is still visible at the background and the PerPage Wallpapers with the widgets slides above it.
2. ExitenZ uses only one all-in-one widget so it also works on the freeware PerPageHTML that can display only one widget. With PerPagePLUS you can have more widgets on each page, but thatīs not needed for ExistenZ
3. PerPageHTML can be a little buggy sometimes, so if a widget dissapears or it doesnīt work right i recommend to use PerpagePlus instead.
4. Setup: Start PerPageHTML or PerPagePlus, choose first your springboard page and then choose one of the ready Existenz pages/folders, they contain the graphics and Page1 also the complete widget. (Dontīforget the Existenz-Spotlight page)
*Why have you painted the dock on the Wallpapers ?
Since iOS 4 Apple doesnīt allow/use such high dock graphics anymore
*Why do my loading screens show a black backround ?
It seems this is a iOS5 feature only. Also showing the current backround isnīt possible when using multitasking on both iOS versions.
* Why are some springboard graphics like playerbuttons and the Newsstand icon unthemed ?
They are themed, but because of Winterboard issues on iOS5 you must delete some cache file manually. Open var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent/...delete all files here (ending with ..."bitmap").
CREDITS: Ian Nicoll for making and helping with the widget and many more*
Ian & I give thanks & credit to Dacal for his mod to Ian's original UniAW.
Yamakashi73 for the LockInfo Theme
Last edited by Blue; 03-19-2012 at 04:14 AM.
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
1972petros (10-14-2011), anig (11-06-2011), atila66 (12-18-2011), Bellcross (02-26-2012), bombmom (10-15-2011), cdrwinston (10-10-2011), Champ Rollo (12-16-2011), Chuck1969 (10-21-2011), Coop2009 (11-20-2011), cranko (12-28-2011), Curryking (04-13-2012), Darrenrooster (12-12-2011), Drdamage (11-17-2011), elilab (12-08-2011), Fattone66 (11-14-2011), FiVe5tArPlAy3r (10-19-2011), GaN-MaN (10-10-2011), Garkin (11-21-2011), GUNNY29 (10-16-2011), henftling (10-10-2011), hispasat (10-11-2011), holdemdogg (01-01-2012), Hosko817 (11-07-2011), Ian Nicoll (10-12-2011), indra4fun (07-21-2013), Ins0mniac (12-12-2011), It's Mi (11-25-2011), jakobxxl (12-06-2011), jima6636 (01-15-2012), Jkauf55 (11-07-2011), JLick (03-05-2012), KraXik (10-11-2011), kruzzit (10-17-2011), lao3hero (10-12-2011), laurence0609 (02-07-2012), llyodtyod2 (12-19-2011), lostinthemes (10-15-2011), markfern811 (11-16-2011), mcdad03 (02-11-2012), melodeee (01-06-2012), Mexital (02-06-2012), mike1965 (12-04-2011), MindGem (12-14-2011), Mokabaer (11-30-2011), Mootdip (10-23-2011), neurosys (07-14-2012), ngovanlinh (07-14-2012), nik1975 (11-21-2011), nsdq625 (02-04-2012), one2bcn (12-08-2011), P0R7ER (12-04-2011), Piranha1605 (11-21-2011), R.Mortera (10-13-2011), ReBourne (11-14-2011), robinkkk (12-07-2011), Roockie (12-20-2011), ruedi04 (10-14-2011), rumcajs (12-06-2011), RusticG64 (01-18-2012), sandy1010 (10-11-2011), Sid286 (01-27-2012), simer_cool (10-24-2011), SirTimothy1 (10-20-2011), theroncr (01-02-2012), togomaku (10-10-2011), yamakasi73 (12-11-2011), zocker48 (11-28-2011), Zooropalg (10-15-2011)
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM #2
This is extremely appealing. Good job. So one widget, to rule them all huh
10-10-2011, 09:18 PM #3
I can't wait for this one!
10-10-2011, 09:21 PM #4
your the man blue....cant wait to donate.....bring it on
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM #5
Looks awesome blue.
though didnt you promise no more iphone 4 themes? lol.
10-10-2011, 10:53 PM #6
wow, "the one man" made "the one widget" looks awesome as usual
10-11-2011, 01:11 AM #7
10-11-2011, 02:16 AM #8
This is from my theme equiX.
10-11-2011, 02:22 AM #9
10-11-2011, 03:38 AM #10
Yes for the first time ever I'm in at the start of the theme! It looks absolutely amazing, slightly retro with a hint of modern! Superb!
Although now I'm really going to struggle between this and equiX!
Last edited by KraXik; 10-11-2011 at 04:49 AM.
10-11-2011, 04:41 AM #11
I think the slightly rectangle StudioOS icons will work well here...
10-11-2011, 03:47 PM #12
Last edited by Blue; 10-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM #13
10-11-2011, 03:59 PM #14
Yes!! Great icons! The only thing I'm unsure of is the analog clock shadow, as it's quite transparent it catches the shadow of the tile behind. It looks slightly strange having the two shadows. On the whole, I'm really looking forward to it.
Do you have a percentage of progress done so far?
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM #15
@blue, will this be ios5 compatible?
10-11-2011, 07:23 PM #16
Blue strikes once again...this looks like it will be a blinder, let's pull up a chair and watch the magic unfold :-)
10-12-2011, 12:10 AM #17
Looks fantastic. If you need a beta tester, you know I'm good for it. I have a couple suggestions. The calendar widget looks a little messy because the text on the right of the widget doesn't follow the lines on the paper. Since there could be word wrap sometimes, I'm not sure if the text will always be able to follow the lines. Maybe drop the lines? One other thing, I hate using RSS feeds in such a tiny space because so little info can be shown. Any chance of making the RSS feed optional and making the weather double height?
Looks really good.
10-12-2011, 01:49 AM #18
WHAT.. Another theme!! Unbelievable
Your more of an expert with my UniAW than I am now
Once again, Well done M8.
"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"
10-12-2011, 02:13 AM #19
10-12-2011, 04:11 AM #20
Looks unique, thread subscribed