+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's going with DB Themers?

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
The activity on ModMyi around DB Themes has gone way down in the last few weeks. Did I miss something? What's going on? We use to see multiple new themes
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default What's going with DB Themers?

The activity on ModMyi around DB Themes has gone way down in the last few weeks.

Did I miss something? What's going on?

We use to see multiple new themes and updates on any given day, now the threads are barely active.

I love DB and I would love to see activity around it pick up again.

Just sayin'

Cheers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

work and school happened most people are just to busy with other thing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    work and school happened most people are just to busy with other thing
    Totally understandable.

I guess I've only experienced these threads in the summer LOL

Thanks

very true. i can double that and say im a themer and im in school so i barely have time to work on anything.

im sure its DB themes aren't dying...just taking power naps every now and then
    My Themes
    Click em!

-----------------------------------iWunder-----------------iXMB--------------iDash-----------------iCS---------------------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickio1230 For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (10-11-2011)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christoforo For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (10-11-2011), nik1975 (10-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

I think dreamboard themes are absolutely amazing with what they can do and how different they can make your phone look and feel. From a modders perspective (or mine to be more specific) I find Winterboard themes much more enjoyable to mod. Trudging through a massive plist isn't quite as fun as messing with html / css files and photoshop.

There are some really cool looking DB themes around and I really enjoyed AppleCOREHD but always get drawn back to Winterboard themes for the ease & fun of modding them.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Like they said above. We are not coding robots. I am working on updating my themes and school work is the thing holding me back...T_T, sucks really.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FrightDealer For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (10-11-2011)

epz
    Thanks

alot of those dreamboard themers either dont have alot of spare time to work on updates or some who just go m.i.a after they receive payments from guys like me....getting pretty sick of it. 5 dreamboard themes I payed for in beta and still have not received final updates or no word on any updates..I've messaged some of the creators and they dont reply back however I see them starting new projects or replying on other threads..I find that funny.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,913 Times in 2,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdy89 View Post
    alot of those dreamboard themers either dont have alot of spare time to work on updates or some who just go m.i.a after they receive payments from guys like me....getting pretty sick of it. 5 dreamboard themes I payed for in beta and still have not received final updates or no word on any updates..I've messaged some of the creators and they dont reply back however I see them starting new projects or replying on other threads..I find that funny.
    Don't worry - this issue exists with a lot of Winterboard themers too. Have seen countless times where for one reason or another a theme will either not get out of beta or just have the creator go MIA. There are lots of times where life gets too busy or something unforeseen happens which is totally understandable but lots of times you just see them pop up with another theme while many people left wondering whats going on after paying for what they thought would be a complete and supported theme.

Thats why I applaud people who don't charge for their themes. You aren't just harvesting people for a quick buck before moving onto the next lot of people who are will to part with a few dollars. Most themes here are worth much more than what people are charging for them - the quality found on some themes is nothing short of mindblowing and those themers deserve every dollar they make but there are many people here who I suspect are just here to generate a bit of extra cash without releasing something that necessarily deserves it.
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (10-10-2011), metaserph (10-16-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 997 Posts

DB = wack

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefJammable View Post
    DB = wack
    Word

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

aauspitz (10-11-2011), FrightDealer (10-10-2011)

I even don't know who I really am ellersbee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 Times in 2,312 Posts

Not to burst a bubble but I have found Winterboard themes more fun to mod along with more options to mod them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tend to swap between a couple of Winterboard themes and Dreamboard themes. I am attempting to make my own Dreamboard theme "SHADOWZ HD", and hopefully I do get past the beta stage which will be very soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All dreamboard themers should quit school and work and get back to making iOS devices beautiful. This is totally selfish of all of you! Dropping the themeing for something so pointless as education and earning a living!! Absolutely and utterly disgraceful, mean and selfish.. You shouldn't think about improving your own lives until you have satisfied our need for themes!! Get back to work you lazy bastards! You should be shackled to your work stations, only to have 3 toilet breaks in your frantic 19 hour themeing day with food rations, and a regular whipping to increase performance! 1 new theme per day or made to suffer consequences of the highest magnitude! Bring on the dreamboard theme enslavement camps! We are hungry for customisation!! You have teased us with your skills for the past couple of months and now we have an insatiable taste for HTML widgets and quick theme changing.. Get back to work!!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmski For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (10-11-2011), metaserph (10-16-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmski View Post
    All dreamboard themers should quit school and work and get back to making iOS devices beautiful. This is totally selfish of all of you! Dropping the themeing for something so pointless as education and earning a living!! Absolutely and utterly disgraceful, mean and selfish.. You shouldn't think about improving your own lives until you have satisfied our need for themes!! Get back to work you lazy bastards! You should be shackled to your work stations, only to have 3 toilet breaks in your frantic 19 hour themeing day with food rations, and a regular whipping to increase performance! 1 new theme per day or made to suffer consequences of the highest magnitude! Bring on the dreamboard theme enslavement camps! We are hungry for customisation!! You have teased us with your skills for the past couple of months and now we have an insatiable taste for HTML widgets and quick theme changing.. Get back to work!!
    Very funny

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the hard work everyone has been doing on DB themes and I totally understand that we all have more important priorities than themeing in life.

Dreamboard Porter/Themer/Coder FrightDealer's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course all of us, will do our best at the Dreamboard theming. Hellz if i could quit school, i would..but, i cnt. Lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,426 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefJammable View Post
    DB = wack
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christoforo View Post
    You can't live just making dreamboard themes.
    Hahaa says who
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

My iPhone is a Part of Me christoforo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trypt4mine View Post
    Hahaa says who
    says someone who makes dreamboard themes. i make them in my spare time because i find school more important and i hope others do to.