+ Reply
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,003 of 1003

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHIFT HD2 (Cydia released)

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
The easiest thing is to create your own from a web pic and the stock app frame. It can be done very easily with Apple's Preview, which is free and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The easiest thing is to create your own from a web pic and the stock app frame. It can be done very easily with Apple's Preview, which is free and all all Macs. You can either find the appropriate bundle folder, or just create a folder in the Main theme folder called Icons, and name your app icon accordingly, such as [email protected]. Reminders needed an app icon too. I just searched with Google for an icon pic that I liked, then pasted it on the SHIFT HD2 appframe icon and named it. Then dropped it into the Icon folder in SHIFT HD2.Theme [I used iFunbox and iPhooneExplorer]. Respring and your done. The hardest thing to do was pic out the pic I liked the best.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MOJO5873's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you.
    One more question. Is there a mod the changes the color from orange to red. I am interested in a red version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There are color mods in Cydia, but not for red. However, I used photoshop to change everything to blue. June'siPhone tutorial shows how to set up an automated process to batch change icons and backgrounds. I only needed 3 different sets to change everything from orange to blue, including mods. It took me under two hours since I opened each folder and "selected all" then dragged then to photoshop, since they are not in a folder that would allow one action to do it all. Still, I got my blueSHIFT HD2 with several mods changed. Then I changed a few icons the way I described above, although there is an app to help you in Cydia. Here's the tutorial link:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-easy-way.html

The reason it took 3 action sets is because changing the hue [which is all I did] can also give unwanted changes to the inner portion, so I excluded portions using the rectangular marque tool and the quick select tool, right click to inverse them [shown in the tutorial] to prevent a hue change from the portions that I did not want colored. It was my first time using Photoshop so it took a little more time for trial and error. I may have done it the hard way! But it was worth it. Then it took time to decide what to use for 5 icon changes. Actually, it took longer for the icon changes because of searching and selecting, and retrying...And I had to help the kids with math homework too.

Here a YouTube vid demonstrating how to use the Cydia app called IconMaker. I never used it, but may in the future

Simple Way of Making ICONS - IconMaker FREE Cydia App - YouTube
    Last edited by DRWAM; 02-14-2012 at 12:29 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DRWAM For This Useful Post:

ReBourne (02-14-2012)

+ Reply
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051