View Poll Results: How should it be Distributed?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • All as "The Android Experience" - All in one and roughly $5

5 21.74%
  • All separately at about $1.30-$1.50 each

0 0%
  • Both let the users decide

3 13.04%
  • Let me see pics and we'll talk

15 65.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Ultimate Android Experience?

Default The Ultimate Android Experience?
    Hello everyone, I come to you today with a idea that I had. Here's the idea, I've been quietly working on a bunch of android themes lately(Dreamboard). All listed below. So here's my question to all of you...How do you want them distributed? Please answer the poll so I can figure out pricing for either all of it. Or for each one. If people want I can add some screenshots from each theme so far.

I'm still working on all of these but a lot of them will be free when I'm done

1. MotoBlur (first of it's kind as far as I'm aware)
    2. Touchwiz/Droid Charge (Pics coming soon)
    3. Sense 2.1/ Incredible S, Droid Incredible 2, Thunderbolt 4G
    4. Eclair (Vanilla) 2.1
    5. Froyo (Vanilla) 2.2
    6. Gingerbread (Vanilla) 2.3

Want to see? Pics are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1118541...eat=directlink
    Last edited by UltimateCydiaSource; 09-18-2011 at 03:21 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UltimateCydiaSource For This Useful Post:

Darkslashblade (09-19-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

It'd be pretty cool if when you press the theme preview, it opens up the theme disguised as a iOS folder, but for the dreamboard theme switcher and inside had more previews which would be motoblur, sense, froyo, etc. Now that'd be an awesome way to do this
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

hmm sounds hard but maybe if that's what people want

Pictures should be up later. I'm currently working on improving all of the themes with things like custom lock screens
    Last edited by UltimateCydiaSource; 08-25-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This looks awesome!, can't wait for these to be released, are you releasing all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by carlito95 View Post
    This looks awesome!, can't wait for these to be released, are you releasing all of them?
    Yeah soon but that's the point of this is to figure out how people want them released

Now I like your theme and it looks cool but it's just not something that I care to spend money on. If you have a head for computers you can mod WyndWarrior's Endroid to look very close to this...
    You know, whatever doesn't kill you.... hurts.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eirreann View Post
    Now I like your theme and it looks cool but it's just not something that I care to spend money on. If you have a head for computers you can mod WyndWarrior's Endroid to look very close to this...
    Dude, there's no pictures yet
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Quote Originally Posted by Eirreann View Post
    and my theme isn't based on endroid. so actually it could "look like it" but it will never act like it. and that's a completely separate thing

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Can't wait to see pics

iPhone? More like MyPhone Predator721's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya we should work on this too

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybunnies6 View Post
    Dude, there's no pictures yet
    I think hes talking about his sig lol
    but I agree about the theme switcher that would be awesome

Pics are now in the op and yes they are in beta still so those aren't final screenshots
    Last edited by UltimateCydiaSource; 08-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Now im not here to offend anyone but merely giving my thoughts as a fellow dreamboard themer.
    In my honest opinion there are already way too many DreamBoard Android themes created. With these 5 i think it'd be way overkill on the already large number.
    My personal thoughts would be to show us a video for each of them to see how they work. Pictures at this point wont give it enough justice.
    If they are as basic as what we see in the pics then i'd say to release them for free.
    I myself am making a TouchWiz 4.0 theme but as all the themes i make, i push beyond.

Now as i said, i dont mean to offend u or anyone else here but merely giving my thoughts. I do think you've done a nice job though on making these but till i see videos or am given a test run at any of these, i will say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Now im not here to offend anyone but merely giving my thoughts as a fellow dreamboard themer.
    In my honest opinion there are already way too many DreamBoard Android themes created. With these 5 i think it'd be way overkill on the already large number.
    My personal thoughts would be to show us a video for each of them to see how they work. Pictures at this point wont give it enough justice.
    If they are as basic as what we see in the pics then i'd say to release them for free.
    I myself am making a TouchWiz 4.0 theme but as all the themes i make, i push beyond.

Now as i said, i dont mean to offend u or anyone else here but merely giving my thoughts. I do think you've done a nice job though on making these but till i see videos or am given a test run at any of these, i will say no more.
    Well as you said I shouldn't be offended so here's my non defensive reply. I do agree there are a ton of android themes. Reason I did all of these, because I simply just felt there was no good theme for each of the OS's especially the vanilla OS's. That being said you have changed my opinion and the vanilla froyo and eclair will probably get released as free. Since they are somewhat basic. The other themes I'm working on a little more. But if you wanna give me some advice or even some simple "lessons" to improve it I wouldn't mind.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UltimateCydiaSource For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (08-26-2011), noelbob (08-26-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCydiaSource View Post
    Well as you said I shouldn't be offended so here's my non defensive reply. I do agree there are a ton of android themes. Reason I did all of these, because I simply just felt there was no good theme for each of the OS's especially the vanilla OS's. That being said you have changed my opinion and the vanilla froyo and eclair will probably get released as free. Since they are somewhat basic. The other themes I'm working on a little more. But if you wanna give me some advice or even some simple "lessons" to improve it I wouldn't mind.
    Bro you have no idea how appreciative i am of your reply. I was scared i was gonna get slammed for throwing out my honesty. =[ Thank you for understanding.

Now that would be a good idea. If you want to send me what you've got then i am always here to "pimp" themes. I have done so for a number of db themes already including all of Tyler's (Them3this), and most recently Noelbob's Drippy.
    It'd be the only way i can throw out suggestions is when i've got it to play with and messing around with the plist.
    Let me no.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GaN-MaN For This Useful Post:

noelbob (08-26-2011)

Bro you have no idea how appreciative i am of your reply. I was scared i was gonna get slammed for throwing out my honesty. =[ Thank you for understanding.

Now that would be a good idea. If you want to send me what you've got then i am always here to "pimp" themes. I have done so for a number of db themes already including all of Tyler's (Them3this), and most recently Noelbob's Drippy.
    It'd be the only way i can throw out suggestions is when i've got it to play with and messing around with the plist.
    Let me no.
    Yeah I can send you like the gingerbread theme and if you could maybe help me add like a good wallpaper changer. I already got the graphics but for some reason am failing to implement them. Of course credit would be given.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCydiaSource View Post
    Yeah I can send you like the gingerbread theme and if you could maybe help me add like a good wallpaper changer. I already got the graphics but for some reason am failing to implement them. Of course credit would be given.
    My reply to ur pm was my last post pretty much.

Even im not the greatest db themer but i can throw out some great ideas. If you wanna send me what u got for Gingerbread then i can take a look. If not have u tried looking into Endroid's wallpaper changer?

My reply to ur pm was my last post pretty much.

Even im not the greatest db themer but i can throw out some great ideas. If you wanna send me what u got for Gingerbread then i can take a look. If not have u tried looking into Endroid's wallpaper changer?
    Kinda briefly honestly the problem is that I haven't had time to focus on each theme as much as I'd like. with school about to start I just have been focusing on getting prepared. but if you want just send me ur email address so i can send u the theme

22. The Following User Says Thank You to UltimateCydiaSource For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (08-26-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me no.
    That is true gan is the man and a big help to how well my theme runs
    altought I do agree a few of the basics should be free but a full experience is worth paying for

25. The Following User Says Thank You to noelbob For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (08-26-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast