+ Reply
Page 61 of 418 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
End anyway you can shed some light on the issue I'm having with the .dylib the only way I can keep new apps on my phone and still use this
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

End anyway you can shed some light on the issue I'm having with the .dylib the only way I can keep new apps on my phone and still use this theme is if i uninstall os7 download the apps I want and then re install it which is a pain in the ***

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkokolis View Post
    End anyway you can shed some light on the issue I'm having with the .dylib the only way I can keep new apps on my phone and still use this theme is if i uninstall os7 download the apps I want and then re install it which is a pain in the ***
    I would, if I could, but I have no idea. I didn't even touch the code that handles the apps in this version. And it's twice as annoying because I don't have this bug, which makes it almost impossible for me to fix and only two people reported that bug so it doesn't apply to everyone. I'd be cool if everyone who reads this could check if downloading apps works. I'll keep an eye on this, but right now there's not much I can do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    I would, if I could, but I have no idea. I didn't even touch the code that handles the apps in this version. And it's twice as annoying because I don't have this bug, which makes it almost impossible for me to fix and only two people reported that bug so it doesn't apply to everyone. I'd be cool if everyone who reads this could check if downloading apps works. I'll keep an eye on this, but right now there's not much I can do.
    and just to add to more problems for myself after reinstalling the whole theme I tried to place all my tiles back on the first page and for some reason when i place my yelp app it sends me into safe mode and the only way I can fix this is if I go into the Tile.plist and remove the line but I never had this problem before and it was always one of my main apps on the page

Thanks

I can confirm as well that it does have something to do with the .dylib and all my permissions are set right
    mobile
    mobile
    r,w,e
    r,w,e
    r,w,e
    For some reason I'm thinking it might have something to do with the integrated music tile. If End didn't change anything else app related, then perhaps the integrated music tile changed something. Either way, it definitely has something to do with the .dylib because the .plists still work with the old .dylib, the graphics are just screwed up. I can't imagine it being something conflicting as, like I said, disabled all my mobile substrate addon's and don't have anything else installed on my phone to cause this conflict.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin

Thanks

Ok End I have a solution that worked for me but I'm not sure if I'm gonna screw something up. I remove the dylib file from 2.0.1 and changed it with the one for 2.0.0 that you originally released and now all works fine no resprind no safe mode and I can pin my apps without a problem is there a change between the 2 files and will make me lose any features

Thanks

Ok End I have a solution that worked for me but I'm not sure if I'm gonna screw something up. I remove the dylib file from 2.0.1 and changed it with the one for 2.0.0 that you originally released and now all works fine no resprind no safe mode and I can pin my apps without a problem is there a change between the 2 files and will make me lose any features
    I think if you use 2.0.0 it will crash when you exit the settings page

Thanks

I think if you use 2.0.0 it will crash when you exit the settings page
    nope doesn't crash

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (10-17-2011)

Thanks

What. Now I'm really confused . Alright, use it then, should be the same overall
    thats all I wanted to here now i can finally enjoy my theme

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Im currently working on creating a .deb install package for OS7 that will have all the updates, set ownerships, and permissions for everybody. Once I complete it I will forward to EndFinity to approve and test. In the meantime doublecheck your install from the instructions below.

Its critical that you remove your old OS7 from your device and that you install the cydia version. check the dreamboard folder and remove it there, make sure its deleted from User/Library and that the OS7.dylib is removed from Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries.

Install Dreamboard (skip this step if you already have dreamboard V1.1.4 installed, if not install that version),
    Install Cydias version of OS7
    Download the V2.0.1 Zip file from this thread
    Replace the images folder in User/Library/OS7 with the one from the zip file
    replace the OS7.dylib in Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries with the one from the zip.

now double check your permissions and ownerships for Library/OS7 folder and make sure they are set to Mobile for both and Read,Write, Execute.
    do the same for the OS7.dylib in Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries
    also check the OS7settings.plist in Images and set the ownerships and permissions like the 2 above.

REBOOT <---(critical) and you should be good to go.

I should have the .deb package ready tonite for End to check, approve and post. Hopefully this will help any install issues until I can complete the .deb package.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 10-18-2011 at 06:09 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Integrated contact tile:

Looks the same as the html version, although this one more or less eliminates the photoshop process. Put a photo of your contact in your tile's folder, write 4-6 lines in the plist file and done.
    Whoa! Wait no need for a callme tweak?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    Whoa! Wait no need for a callme tweak?
    Unfortunately, still need that. Which is kind of stupid cause I made that tile before checking callMe, which I found out has no iOS 5 support yet. So hopefully it get's updated or I'm going to bang my head against a wall

Thanks

does anyone know the closest font to the os7 font to use from bytafont or @end if you can tell me the font you use for your settings

EDIT: you were right End the settings app does crash
    Last edited by Mkokolis; 10-17-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks

does anyone know the closest font to the os7 font to use from bytafont or @end if you can tell me the font you use for your settings
    The settings page has Helvetica Neue Light/Regular/UltraLight. Other than that I don't know which would be cool, although you can look for Segoe WP, which is the wp7 font, maybe you'll find something

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unfortunately, still need that. Which is kind of stupid cause I made that tile before checking callMe, which I found out has no iOS 5 support yet. So hopefully it get's updated or I'm going to bang my head against a wall
    Lol, don't hurt your head, man!
    Btw, great work as always
    And I'm sure that CallMe will be updated!
    Last edited by kakadua; 10-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kakadua For This Useful Post:

EndFinity (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Ohh so you have been stashing some goodies away huh? Looks good hopefully call me gets updated.

The settings page has Helvetica Neue Light/Regular/UltraLight. Other than that I don't know which would be cool, although you can look for Segoe WP, which is the wp7 font, maybe you'll find something
    Bytafont is another tweak I'm waiting for I miss my fonts.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bytafont is another tweak I'm waiting for I miss my fonts.
    But BytaFont is already working for iOS 5(?) o.O

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kakadua For This Useful Post:

Jdot1224 (10-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kakadua View Post
    But BytaFont is already working for iOS 5(?) o.O
    It is?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    It is?
    Yes I'm using it

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
    For some reason I'm thinking it might have something to do with the integrated music tile. If End didn't change anything else app related, then perhaps the integrated music tile changed something. Either way, it definitely has something to do with the .dylib because the .plists still work with the old .dylib, the graphics are just screwed up. I can't imagine it being something conflicting as, like I said, disabled all my mobile substrate addon's and don't have anything else installed on my phone to cause this conflict.
    I can confirm with a fresh install of OS7 from Cydia, refresh the .dylib that End provided and includes the new images folder per his instructions it should run flawlessly.

I'm on an iPhone 4, iOS 5 running beautifully (even the background apps menu shows up faster?) Not sure if this is because of iOS5 or because End redid the code to conserve more memory. I love it

Question for End though: Regarding the controls on the Music Widget... is it possible to get the design like you did via concept " prev track, play/pause/, next track" across the bottom. I'm finding myself having to open the application to press play first, which really isn't a big deal but would be helpful to press play or pause from the Tile per your mockup Thanks in advance!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

26. The Following User Says Thank You to zinjen For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (10-17-2011)