+ Reply
Page 411 of 418 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401409410411412413 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by underachiever Does it work with iOS 6? Did anyone try? That would be a no. Just crashes. But don't worry, end said an update for this theme
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underachiever View Post
    Does it work with iOS 6? Did anyone try?
    That would be a no. Just crashes. But don't worry, end said an update for this theme is coming before paragon drops (though I'd personally prefer metroon instead)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Crashes on me to. Cave wait for end to fix the theme up.

Thanks

I spent a few hours trying to make Revive work on my iPhone5 (IOS 6.1), and it just doesn't. For all of you on IOS6.x that love this Windows look, you have to go back to the Original OS7 (not revive), and it works ok. It leaves a 1/2 inch black bar at the bottom, but I can deal with that for a bit. The main thing you seem to lose is the quick way to change the tile colors, but you can easily change this with SSH or iFile (though I haven't tried iFile yet). OS7:Revive-screenshot-iphone5-os7.png
    I am using the Shiny Backgrounds-Blue

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

Cant wait

Thanks

For all the dreamboard themes I've tried on my iPhone 5 that have lock screens they all crash. Maybe that's why os7 revive don't work. I could be wrong though.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    For all the dreamboard themes I've tried on my iPhone 5 that have lock screens they all crash. Maybe that's why os7 revive don't work. I could be wrong though.
    I loaded 2.1.0-3 which is the last Revive without the lockscreen released, and it still doesn't work. I talked to End, and he said that he thinks he knows what the problem is and for now OS7:Revive just wont work on 6.x. Go back to the original OS7 for now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klugey1 View Post
    I loaded 2.1.0-3 which is the last Revive without the lockscreen released, and it still doesn't work. I talked to End, and he said that he thinks he knows what the problem is and for now OS7:Revive just wont work on 6.x. Go back to the original OS7 for now.
    If you install the regular OS7 and reboot then copy over the revive Dylib and the images it requires it will work. Althought the music tile crashes the phone if you have artwork or controls enabled so make sure you disable that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    If you install the regular OS7 and reboot then copy over the revive Dylib and the images it requires it will work. Althought the music tile crashes the phone if you have artwork or controls enabled so make sure you disable that
    tried that. basically broke my JB on my iphone 5. now only stock apps launch. restore i guess. ill wait for End to update it

anyone know how to use theos to compiled OS7 source?
    Last edited by AngryPIG; 02-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/AngryPIG/

Thanks

tried that. basically broke my JB on my iphone 5. now only stock apps launch. restore i guess. ill wait for End to update it
    It may be an issue with the iphone 5. I did that with my iphone 4 using i think 2.1.0 beta 3 or 5 and it worked for the most part. It had to be one without lockscreen though

Thanks

anyone know how to use theos to compiled OS7 source?
    That's why I wait for it to be updated

Thanks

Oh man, I reinstalled the original os7 theme. I'm sorry, it's a good beginning but that theme blows. I just can't seem to leave it up. There was just too much of an improvement with revive and metroon that its really hard to go back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by futureryo View Post
    Oh man, I reinstalled the original os7 theme. I'm sorry, it's a good beginning but that theme blows. I just can't seem to leave it up. There was just too much of an improvement with revive and metroon that its really hard to go back.
    I know the feeling

Thanks

Default OS7 - Original on 6.x...for now
    OS7:Revive-red-tile-klugey.png
    Thanks for the post. Maybe I'm not as much of a power user as I thought I was, but I am not familiar with the other features that Revive provides over the original other than the following:

1. Tile Color
    2. Background color (white or black)
    3. Transparency of tile colors
    4. locks creens (which I don't use bc I use Intelliscreen extensively)
    5. Large picture tile - only sort of works with much tweaking

The first three are easily changed on the fly with iFile (or more easily use SSH). You just have to download the colors you like and put them in the right folder.

The Lockscreens I just don't use or want- Intelliscreen

I have a temporary fix for the Picture tile that is kind of klugey, but it works for now.

Then the only thing that kinda bothers me is the extra 1/2 inch of real estate that I lose from my iPhone5 being longer than my old 4S.

Let me know, because I'm very interested to hear what else I'm missing.

Here's my red tile OS7:Revive-red-tile-screen-shot.pngpic.
    Last edited by klugey1; 02-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks

I've been away for a bit cause I just HAD to go an iPhone 5. Can I get a little refresher? Where does the Dylib (and image file) go? And where can I get it from again

Update: nevermind. I found it. But what version did you use? Lockscreen or no lockscreen?
    Last edited by futureryo; 02-08-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks

I've been away for a bit cause I just HAD to go an iPhone 5. Can I get a little refresher? Where does the Dylib (and image file) go? And where can I get it from again

Update: nevermind. I found it. But what version did you use? Lockscreen or no lockscreen?
    Has to be a no locksceen version. I used 2.1.0 beta 5. i believe the links are still good if you search for it. Just copy the contents of the Images folder in into the Mobile/Library/OS7/Images folder. Makes sure you disable the Music and Calendar tile code in their info.plist files too because they will crash. Im still on an iphone 4 though so can't say for sure if it will work on an iphone 5

Thanks

Has to be a no locksceen version. I used 2.1.0 beta 5. i believe the links are still good if you search for it. Just copy the contents of the Images folder in into the Mobile/Library/OS7/Images folder. Makes sure you disable the Music and Calendar tile code in their info.plist files too because they will crash. Im still on an iphone 4 though so can't say for sure if it will work on an iphone 5

Thanks for the info. My official word on beta 5 on iPhone 5 is a no, it does not work. I just crash and boot into safe mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Question on what devices you will be supporting?
    Just wondering, will you be supporting the iPhone 4/4S definitely? Or only the iPhone 5? By the way, LOVE Paragon. I am stuck with OS7 (Revive doesn't work with iOS 6.1 ) until Paragon is released, and now I get to keep my iPhone because of the design, but get the operating system I prefer. I really love Paragon and can't wait for it to come out! Thank you

Thanks

Thanks for the info. My official word on beta 5 on iPhone 5 is a no, it does not work. I just crash and boot into safe mode
    Ditto. Does NOT work on the 5. Read my previous post. Talked to End, and it doesn't work yet. Just use original OS7 for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will it be possible to make a windows phone slide up lockscreen without the whole theme? for ios 6.1 would be the best thing to happen if you do!

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sj1992 View Post
    Will it be possible to make a windows phone slide up lockscreen without the whole theme? for ios 6.1 would be the best thing to happen if you do!

Thanks
    Well, I kinda got close. I scoured the os7 and metroon boards for some winterboard themes and a theme called Lockscreenlinefix combined with springtomize 2 and activator to do the slide up unlock. this is what I got

OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1360478457.096301.jpg

There's also a theme for a decent wp lock screen, but I don't think it will do the calendar stuff and I can't get rid of the regular ls clock.

Anybody know of how to get rid of that clock?