+ Reply
Page 407 of 418 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397405406407408409 417 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Hey guys i installed from cydia nd got an "no running plist" error??
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,466 Posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Respring the phone

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Or restart the phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gx470 View Post
    Hey I looked through this thread over and over but I don't seem to be able to find the answer.
    The current stock theme font for OS7:Revive doesn't support Korean nor Chinese. Currently its an amazing theme! Its just if I play a foreign song, it shows up on the lock screen as [][][][][]
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    No... No it doesn't support any language except english (as far as I know). It uses the .ttf files in your OS7/images folder. I don't know how foreign fonts are stored or read, but if you have a font that DOES support foreign languages (maybe the original segoe WP from WP7? xD) then maybe you could try replacing the ones in your images folder with the new one.

This is, of course, assuming that foreign languages work the same as the .ttf files provided in the OS7/images folder.
    Just in case someone comes across this problem in the future... I renamed a korean font (Malgun Gothic) to "Segoe WP.ttf" and overwrote the original and it works great! Korean displays perfectly for the lockscreen song titles

Don't forget to back up the original font though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think os7 is really awesome. The thing I love most about it is the simple lockscreen with the ability to show calender events. I would love to know how to just get just the lockscreen with all the tweaks like notifications, calender, and media player functions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all - pls can somebody send me file : BCSOverlay.deb
    The orig url address is not working ;-( Thx Petr P.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Finally got all the pieces together to bring this project to a release.

First of all I would like to thank 1972Petros and especially Endfinity,
    without their help this release wouldn't have been possible

What you get with this release is a BCSOverlay.dlib and a folder location to place your Widgets.

The Location for your Overlay widget will be:

/User/Library/BcsCustom/

and the BcsOverlay.dylib will look for a Widget.html within that folder.

So the Correct path will look like this:

/User/Library/BcsCustom/Widget.html

I have included several examples of what can be possible with a little creativity,
    but please dont limit yourself to what I came up with,
    you have the ability now to add any style you choose
    You can make your widget as WP7 as you like or go a custom route like in the examples I have provided

What this release will do:

1. Allow ANY HTML widget to be displayed over the springboard.
    (That means over ANY dreamboard theme (including OS7 Revive), winterboard theme, and even default IOS)

2. Will close the widget while within a app and reappear after you close the app.

3. It will remain behind any keyboards and status bar icons.

What this release will NOT do:

1. The overlay will not interfere with any springboard actions,
    It may cover up over things but the actions are still there below it.

2. It will not allow for touch actions. So no buttons or switches can be programmed.
    Sorry, but if this was enable it would conflict with the springboard.

3. The BCSOverlay.dylib itself will not consume RAM,
    its the widgets that you enable using this that will consume the Free RAM.

How to turn it on and off?

Please keep in mind that this dylib will affect the whole IOS springboard via Mobile Substrate,
    so to toggle it on/off via exiting a dreamboard or winterboard theme or programmed button is not possible.

I recommend using SBsettings,
    open SBsettings and find the More Button,
    scroll down to Mobile Substrate Addons,
    and you can then toggle the BcsOverlay.dylib there.

If you do not use SBsettings it will be a little more difficult to toggle.

You will have to do it manually.

Use iFile and go to:
    /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/
    and rename the BCSOverlay.dylib to BCSOverlay.disabled and respring.

If this is a hassle for you please don't use this release,
    there is no other way to toggle it if you want to use these capabilities (please don't ask, it can't happen)

How to install?

Here is the link to the basic setup : BCSOverlay.deb

This deb will install the BCSOverlay.dylib and create the /User/Library/BcsCustom/ Folder for you to place your own widget into.
    Just name your own widget to Widget.html. This deb file will not install any widgets just the basics to get you going

Copy the BCSOverlay.deb to your device so you can find it using ifile.
    Use ifile and click onto the BCSOverlay.deb you just copied and then use Installer to install it onto your device.

Please Reboot after you install this the first time to avoid any issues

How to uninstall?

Go to Cydia, Packages, locate BCSOverlay and uninstall within Cydia

Now What?

I have provided several Overlay's that I have created to show you some of the possibilities you can do with this.
    I have also included a psd file for these overlays so you can generate your own overlay images from it.
    Feel free to use or mod them as you like

To use any of these unzip and copy the "contents" to your

/User/Library/BcsCustom/ folder and RESPRING
    (please dont just copy the entire unzipped folder over, just the contents within)

you can make multiple BcsCustom Overlay folders by naming them for example: BcsCustom1, BcsCustom2 etc... and just rename the one you want to use as BcsCustom. This way you can have more than one overlay stored on your device and "toggle" between them by renaming the folders around

-------------

Attachment 566674 Attachment 566675

This one will provide a "dock" onto the bottom and display your weather info below the status bar and down the right side of the tiles, it also puts a Glass ike overlay over the tile and info display area.

The "Dock" will cover up the check mark on the settings page with a Windows logo, so just press the Windows logo when you need to press the check mark. Same thing for the Lockscreen transparency button, just press the far right button instead.

Now dont rip me for it not being True WP7 like, I liked the look myself and just wanted to share it with you, feel free to create your own

I have included some additional images for you to place into your OS7/Images/ folder if you want the look shown on the screenshot with the custom buttons.
    Replace the images from the copy folder and dont just copy the whole folder to your OS7 Folder.
    (please backup your old images files first incase you want to revert back)

Download Here: BcsCustom WP7 Style Bottom Dock.zip

----------

Attachment 566676 Attachment 566677

This one will place the info down the right side and have the weather description on the bottom instead of the dock.

Download Here: BcsCustom bottom.zip

-----------

Attachment 566678 Attachment 566679

This one only displays the info down the right side of the tiles and no upper or lower display dock with no Glass

Download Here: BcsCustom No Dock.zip

So thats a few that I have came up with for now, I plan on releasing a few more soon, these are just to get you started

Look for 1972Petros's Overlay Mods to use with this dylib coming real soon
    His Creative Visions, Artwork and Overlays are Top Notch and I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I do

Enjoy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frosty33 For This Useful Post:

pero1205 (09-19-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty33 View Post
    sent.
    Many thx for your help. Appreciated it ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BCScustom OVERLAY : I have installed this Overlay widget. iPhone 3G, 4.2.1., dreamboard, OS7 ( orig. elder ).
    After re-spring I can see the Overlay's picture on screen, but once I leave this screen ( move to list of applications, open any application . . ) the overlay picture disappears.
    Can somebody explain me the reason or is working properly in IOS 5.x.x only ?? Thx Petr P.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well - I tried with few other Dreamboard themes and problem is with OS7 theme only. Petr

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pero1205 View Post
    BCScustom OVERLAY : I have installed this Overlay widget. iPhone 3G, 4.2.1., dreamboard, OS7 ( orig. elder ).
    After re-spring I can see the Overlay's picture on screen, but once I leave this screen ( move to list of applications, open any application . . ) the overlay picture disappears.
    Can somebody explain me the reason or is working properly in IOS 5.x.x only ?? Thx Petr P.

This theme was made for ios 5 so there are some things that won't work correctly or at all on lower firmwares

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thx for confirmation of my investigation. I have new iPhone 4S and once will be tested I'll do jailbreak and all will be ok. Petr

Thanks

Still love this theme but wish it didn't slow down my iphone 4 so much sometimes

Thanks
    Pls,somebody can send me a "BCS widget pack"???All link die,i spent 2 days to google but hopeless.

And my Ram on iphone 4-ios5.0.1 about 200Mb.How to turn off all bakground app cydia???

Thanks

BCS had to take down his links but don't believe he's re uploaded them anywhere yet. And I think this is pretty much a dead thread now that EndFinity is working on Paragon. After that is released then Metroon might get an update so it is unlikely 3.0 will ever get released

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    BCS had to take down his links but don't believe he's re uploaded them anywhere yet. And I think this is pretty much a dead thread now that EndFinity is working on Paragon. After that is released then Metroon might get an update so it is unlikely 3.0 will ever get released
    Thanks for your reply.I just need some new tile of BCS.So sad because i know this thread too late.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, great job on the theme. I pinned Kik to my tiles and it didn't have its own tile, so I made one myself.
    com.kik.chat.zip
    I tried to make it closely resemble the actual Kik logo on the Windows Phone 7 app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone please send me the bcsoverlay