Page 359 of 418 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349357358359360361 369 409 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Hey guys,

I really love this theme! My greatest respect to WyndWarrior, EndFinity and everyone who is involved

I installed the theme on my iPhone 4S and also created a lot of tiles and minitiles and can share them If someone is interested.

I've got a lot of questions and would be very happy If you could answer them

1. My most important problem is the battery draining :/
    If I launch DreamBoard and this theme the battery is draining extremely. I want to ask If it is normal?
    I removed all integrated tiles and live tiles, except calendar and clock. I also removed most tweaks and apps which I don't use or need. I only left the most necessary cydia tweaks and apps, but I didn't help.
    Do you know what to do?

2. Another Problem is the RAM draining. Normally I have about 300MB free RAM, If I turn on this theme it's about 200-230 MB. And If I launch 2-3 apps it decreases down to 30-70 MB and slows down. That isn't normal, right?

3. My next problem isn't big, but annoying. This theme resets itself If I respring, reboot or change the DreamBoard theme. The constellation of tiles remains, but the accent color and backgrounds are reseted to default (black background and blue tiles). I don't know why and I wasn't able to solve this problem. I already set every right in the settings through iFile. Maybe there is a corrupted file :/

4. And I have another relatively unimportant question. Do the live tiles consume RAM or drain battery? Or do they both? I think they are linked to each other, but I would be happy If you could tell me.

I thank everyone for every kind of help

-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    -c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    -c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    -c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhagen View Post
    Hey guys,

I really love this theme! My greatest respect to WyndWarrior, EndFinity and everyone who is involved

I installed the theme on my iPhone 4S and also created a lot of tiles and minitiles and can share them If someone is interested.

If I launch DreamBoard and this theme the battery is draining extremely. I want to ask If it is normal?
    I removed all integrated tiles and live tiles, except calendar and clock. I also removed most tweaks and apps which I don't use or need. I only left the most necessary cydia tweaks and apps, but I didn't help.
    Do you know what to do?

2. Another Problem is the RAM draining. Normally I have about 300MB free RAM, If I turn on this theme it's about 200-230 MB. And If I launch 2-3 apps it decreases down to 30-70 MB and slows down. That isn't normal, right?

3. My next problem isn't big, but annoying. This theme resets itself If I respring, reboot or change the DreamBoard theme. The constellation of tiles remains, but the accent color and backgrounds are reseted to default (black background and blue tiles). I don't know why and I wasn't able to solve this problem. I already set every right in the settings through iFile. Maybe there is a corrupted file :/

4. And I have another relatively unimportant question. Do the live tiles consume RAM or drain battery? Or do they both? I think they are linked to each other, but I would be happy If you could tell me.

-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    -c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    -c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    -c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg
    1. how big is the battery drain? it's expected that the theme will wear down your battery faster than normal, but it could be a problem if it's way faster than usual.

2. The ram hit depends entirely on the number of tiles you have, and how many of them are live. The base ram hit with 6 tiles is approximately 30mb, with a small increase for each tile afterwards (maybe 0.25mb per tile? Static, ofc)

3. This one I'm not sure about :S you shouldnt be having any problems of the permissions are correct...

4. Yes, live tiles (and in fact all tiles) will drain your ram and battery. To what extent, though, is up to you :] pick a setup that doesnt wear down your device, but at the same time how you want it to look. It's all about compromise xD

The more ram being used, the harder (presumably) the CPU is working, and the faster your battery drains. So ram is kind of related to battery in that sense :]

oh, and just a heads up... Minitiles take up a lot of ram if used a lot... So be careful with those :]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sinsinkun For This Useful Post:

Vorhagen (03-20-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fallenzx's Avatar
    Thanks

@end , if your working on a windows 8 dylib iPad theme i Will definitively j$&rk off I think , and I still can't wait for the 3.0. If your thinking releasing 3.0 with the windows 8 iPad version ( real hope ) you will need to call an ambulance to get me back to alive loll .I would try to make it if I was owning a Mac to be able to compile and decompile the dylib that would be crazy .

A YouTube tile I made up real quick:

com.apple.youtube.rar

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to throwback22 For This Useful Post:

lastboyscout (04-08-2012), Runt (03-19-2012)

Hey guys,

Do you know what to do?

-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    -c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    -c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    -c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg

your tiles are really nice...if u shae it would be great

Memory is wt one of the problem with this theme...wt i do always remove background app and process to free up memory that keeps my memory always above 200....i didnt had any battery issue....

I absolutely love this theme, it's the perfect alternative until I get a Lumia but the only problem I'm having that I just can't fix (or find a solution for) is with my weather tile. Everything is fine except the sun shows at night and vice versa with the moon during the day.

Anyone know a fix? I installed 'BcsCustoms New Weather Widget', the only thing I changed is the night/UNiAWBG2 images.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post

No worries, it's definitely not abandoned. The thing is, I've been working on OS7 for months now and I wanted to do something new for a change
    I can't imagine what awesomeness you're coming up with right at this moment. If its even a fraction as customizable and functional as os7 it will be sweet. At least now I have 2 endfinity projects to look forward to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    I can't imagine what awesomeness you're coming up with right at this moment. If its even a fraction as customizable and functional as os7 it will be sweet. At least now I have 2 endfinity projects to look forward to.
    Same here!

Thank you very much for your quick and good answer

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    1. how big is the battery drain? it's expected that the theme will wear down your battery faster than normal, but it could be a problem if it's way faster than usual.
    It is way faster than normal. Normally I can use my iPhone for a day with 3G and WIFI, write 2-3 SMS, maybe 2 calls, search 5-6 times the internet and write a lot in Whatsapp, about every 15 minutes. From 7am to 8pm the battery goes down to 40%. But with the theme and enabled 3G I only have 40% by doing almost nothing after 5 hours. So It's extremely. Do you know what to do to solve this problem? All other problems are acceptable :

2. The ram hit depends entirely on the number of tiles you have, and how many of them are live. The base ram hit with 6 tiles is approximately 30mb, with a small increase for each tile afterwards (maybe 0.25mb per tile? Static, ofc)
    I only use about 12 Tiles with one live tile (clock). There are 2 integrated tiles and the rest is static, so I don't know why the RAM decreases so fast.

3. This one I'm not sure about :S you shouldnt be having any problems of the permissions are correct...
    I don't know why this is happening, but It's not too bad, just annoying

4. Yes, live tiles (and in fact all tiles) will drain your ram and battery. To what extent, though, is up to you :] pick a setup that doesnt wear down your device, but at the same time how you want it to look. It's all about compromise xD
    The more ram being used, the harder (presumably) the CPU is working, and the faster your battery drains. So ram is kind of related to battery in that sense :]

haha yeah, thats what I thought xD

oh, and just a heads up... Minitiles take up a lot of ram if used a lot... So be careful with those :]
    Minitiles consume a lot of RAM???
    I thought they don't do, because they are just themed :$

And here my Minitiles, some of them are copied from this thread downloads, most of them are created by me from findicons.com icons

Tiles.zip

Hey guys,

Do you know what to do?

-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    -c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    -c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    -c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg
    I have the battery drain issue. I have only the music tile and all the rest are static, basic tiles..

If I use iPod for an 8 hour shift without os7 running I use about 15-20% battery

With os 7.. More like 50-60+% battery,

Could this be due to the dreamboard lock screen??

It is way faster than normal. Normally I can use my iPhone for a day with 3G and WIFI, write 2-3 SMS, maybe 2 calls, search 5-6 times the internet and write a lot in Whatsapp, about every 15 minutes. From 7am to 8pm the battery goes down to 40%. But with the theme and enabled 3G I only have 40% by doing almost nothing after 5 hours. So It's extremely. Do you know what to do to solve this problem? All other problems are acceptable
    Hmmm... I don't know about this problem :S sorry I can't be of much help here x)

I only use about 12 Tiles with one live tile (clock). There are 2 integrated tiles and the rest is static, so I don't know why the RAM decreases so fast.
    try clearing your RAM every so often using SBSettings, if you're not doing that already. It frees up a bunch of RAM that's otherwise being used to... Cache apps? There's no need for that =P
    Another thing: respring after switching over from dreamboard! it frees up 20-40mb that dreamboard otherwise uses in the background, for no apparent reason... xD
    Also, I'm using an iPod... I have 100mb free at max. Don't you dare complain about having ONLY 250mb >:]

Minitiles consume a lot of RAM???
    I thought they don't do, because they are just themed :$
    Yes, but theming requires finding the original icon, overriding the path for that to the icon that's in your OS7/tiles folder, and then keeping it like that. :]

Here is what I do to save RAM, though it's pretty time consuming: take all the minitiles you want to use, and replace the [email protected] in your app folders individually. It takes a long time to do, but it saved me 10-15mb :] and it looks cool in the default theme too! xD
    note: not ALL icon files are named the same; some apps name it [email protected], some name it [email protected], so you'll have to figure that out too =P

Also, there's 2 overlay .png files from some system folder that you need to delete, or you'll end up with a glossy overlay on your icons, which doesn't fit with the OS7 theme. Bcs told me the location of the .png files and I promptly forgot... xD I'll try to remember :]

Oh, one last thing: keep a backup of all your icon images! Every time you update an app you'll need to replace the icon again.

EDIT: here is the path for the overlay: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework/

I believe you need to remove/rename the files [email protected] and [email protected]
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 03-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sinsinkun For This Useful Post:

Vorhagen (03-20-2012)

Thanks

Hmmm... I don't know about this problem :S sorry I can't be of much help here x)

try clearing your RAM every so often using SBSettings, if you're not doing that already. It frees up a bunch of RAM that's otherwise being used to... Cache apps? There's no need for that =P
    Another thing: respring after switching over from dreamboard! it frees up 20-40mb that dreamboard otherwise uses in the background, for no apparent reason... xD
    Also, I'm using an iPod... I have 100mb free at max. Don't you dare complain about having ONLY 250mb >:]
    I hear that man. I was running this on my 3GS and I would be lucky to hit 100mb I have a 4s now and feel spoiled. You'll never hear my complain about ram

Quote Originally Posted by Farmski View Post
    I have the battery drain issue. I have only the music tile and all the rest are static, basic tiles..

If I use iPod for an 8 hour shift without os7 running I use about 15-20% battery

With os 7.. More like 50-60+% battery,

Could this be due to the dreamboard lock screen??
    I think the Dreamboard locks screen cause this battery draining, so I installed the theme version without lock screen.

The link is on the bottom of the first post of this thread .
    Last edited by Vorhagen; 03-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.

I think the Dreamboard locks screen cause this battery draining, so I installed the theme version without lock screen.

The link is on the bottom of the first post of this thread .
    did that fix your battery drain? I'm just trying to clarify since you didn't quite state whether it worked or not :P

did that fix your battery drain? I'm just trying to clarify since you didn't quite state whether it worked or not :P
    No unfortunately not, but I'm trying everything

Thank you very much for your help sinsinkun

I'm not a newbie, but I don't know why there are these problems :S

I immediately close all apps which I don't need, free RAM with SBSettings, Respring a lot, removed all live tiles, only use one little winter board theme, removed all unnecessary apps, only left the most important cydia tweaks, removed the OS7 dream board lock screen etc.

I also tried your little trick with exchanging the original icons with the mini tiles, but that is very annoying and didn't change anything remarkably. But I'm happy about every hint

No unfortunately not, but I'm trying everything

Thank you very much for your help sinsinkun

I'm not a newbie, but I don't know why there are these problems :S

I immediately close all apps which I don't need, free RAM with SBSettings, Respring a lot, removed all live tiles, only use one little winter board theme, removed all unnecessary apps, only left the most important cydia tweaks, removed the OS7 dream board lock screen etc.

I also tried your little trick with exchanging the original icons with the mini tiles, but that is very annoying and didn't change anything remarkably. But I'm happy about every hint
    lol, no problem, this is pretty much my only contribution to this theme xD I've uploaded maybe 3 tiles and nobody uses them anyways, so... xP

and really? Replacing icons with minitiles saved me 10-15mb almost :P -shrug- oh, in case you didnt know, if you're using custom tile backgrounds, it uses up a lot of ram for some reason... so be careful with that :]

hey how do i put in my own wallpaper background for this theme along with with the background for the tiles. I had this theme when it was on backboard but on dreamboard i followed the steps on the mods page but no luck. thanks

n does anyone still have the files for the ipod live tile. when i click on it it cant find the file. thanks

I made a few MiniTiles for games.
    If people like them, then I can try to make them for other games too...

Hey guys, Im in need of help. Whenever i play music with the intergrated large music tile with media controls, i can use the media controls, but my album art wont show up on the tile. Heres my info.plist for the tile.I'm sure that all my music has album artwork as well, wierd thing is, it only shows album artwork perfectly fine on the OS7 lockscreen. It worked fine on the older dylib before the lockscreen as well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>hasMediaControls</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    <key>isLargeTile</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    <key>showsAlbumArtwork</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    <key>usesHTML</key>
    <string>NO</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by 9tailedhero; 03-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.

I noticed sometimes when you put certain keys before others, they don't work...
    Like usesHTML always has to be at the top for me.

Try this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>usesHTML</key>
    <string>NO</string>
    <key>showsAlbumArtwork</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    <key>isLargeTile</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    <key>hasMediaControls</key>
    <string>YES</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    That is my plist exactly and mine works fine...

Page 359 of 418 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349357358359360361 369 409 ... LastLast