+ Reply
Page 318 of 418 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308316317318319320 328 368 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by bcscustom Finally got all the pieces together to bring this project to a release. First of all I would like to thank 1972Petros and especially Endfinity ,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Finally got all the pieces together to bring this project to a release.

First of all I would like to thank 1972Petros and especially Endfinity,
    without their help this release wouldn't have been possible

What you get with this release is a BCSOverlay.dlib and a folder location to place your Widgets.

The Location for your Overlay widget will be:

/User/Library/BcsCustom/

and the BcsOverlay.dylib will look for a Widget.html within that folder.

So the Correct path will look like this:

/User/Library/BcsCustom/Widget.html

I have included several examples of what can be possible with a little creativity,
    but please dont limit yourself to what I came up with,
    you have the ability now to add any style you choose
    You can make your widget as WP7 as you like or go a custom route like in the examples I have provided

What this release will do:

1. Allow ANY HTML widget to be displayed over the springboard.
    (That means over ANY dreamboard theme (including OS7 Revive), winterboard theme, and even default IOS)

2. Will close the widget while within a app and reappear after you close the app.

3. It will remain behind any keyboards and status bar icons.

What this release will NOT do:

1. The overlay will not interfere with any springboard actions,
    It may cover up over things but the actions are still there below it.

2. It will not allow for touch actions. So no buttons or switches can be programmed.
    Sorry, but if this was enable it would conflict with the springboard.

3. The BCSOverlay.dylib itself will not consume RAM,
    its the widgets that you enable using this that will consume the Free RAM.

How to turn it on and off?

Please keep in mind that this dylib will affect the whole IOS springboard via Mobile Substrate,
    so to toggle it on/off via exiting a dreamboard or winterboard theme or programmed button is not possible.

I recommend using SBsettings,
    open SBsettings and find the More Button,
    scroll down to Mobile Substrate Addons,
    and you can then toggle the BcsOverlay.dylib there.

If you do not use SBsettings it will be a little more difficult to toggle.

You will have to do it manually.

Use iFile and go to:
    /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/
    and rename the BCSOverlay.dylib to BCSOverlay.disabled and respring.

If this is a hassle for you please don't use this release,
    there is no other way to toggle it if you want to use these capabilities (please don't ask, it can't happen)

How to install?

Here is the link to the basic setup : BCSOverlay.deb

This deb will install the BCSOverlay.dylib and create the /User/Library/BcsCustom/ Folder for you to place your own widget into.
    Just name your own widget to Widget.html. This deb file will not install any widgets just the basics to get you going

Copy the BCSOverlay.deb to your device so you can find it using ifile.
    Use ifile and click onto the BCSOverlay.deb you just copied and then use Installer to install it onto your device.

Please Reboot after you install this the first time to avoid any issues

How to uninstall?

Go to Cydia, Packages, locate BCSOverlay and uninstall within Cydia

Now What?

I have provided several Overlay's that I have created to show you some of the possibilities you can do with this.
    I have also included a psd file for these overlays so you can generate your own overlay images from it.
    Feel free to use or mod them as you like

To use any of these unzip and copy the "contents" to your

/User/Library/BcsCustom/ folder and RESPRING
    (please dont just copy the entire unzipped folder over, just the contents within)

you can make multiple BcsCustom Overlay folders by naming them for example: BcsCustom1, BcsCustom2 etc... and just rename the one you want to use as BcsCustom. This way you can have more than one overlay stored on your device and "toggle" between them by renaming the folders around

-------------

Attachment 566674 Attachment 566675

This one will provide a "dock" onto the bottom and display your weather info below the status bar and down the right side of the tiles, it also puts a Glass ike overlay over the tile and info display area.

The "Dock" will cover up the check mark on the settings page with a Windows logo, so just press the Windows logo when you need to press the check mark. Same thing for the Lockscreen transparency button, just press the far right button instead.

Now dont rip me for it not being True WP7 like, I liked the look myself and just wanted to share it with you, feel free to create your own

I have included some additional images for you to place into your OS7/Images/ folder if you want the look shown on the screenshot with the custom buttons.
    Replace the images from the copy folder and dont just copy the whole folder to your OS7 Folder.
    (please backup your old images files first incase you want to revert back)

Download Here: BcsCustom WP7 Style Bottom Dock.zip

----------

Attachment 566676 Attachment 566677

This one will place the info down the right side and have the weather description on the bottom instead of the dock.

Download Here: BcsCustom bottom.zip

-----------

Attachment 566678 Attachment 566679

This one only displays the info down the right side of the tiles and no upper or lower display dock with no Glass

Download Here: BcsCustom No Dock.zip

So thats a few that I have came up with for now, I plan on releasing a few more soon, these are just to get you started

Look for 1972Petros's Overlay Mods to use with this dylib coming real soon
    His Creative Visions, Artwork and Overlays are Top Notch and I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I do

Enjoy
    This is just AWESOME !!! Thanks BCS!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMCat For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (02-20-2012), Rnlsmomandad (05-08-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just playing around with a few things. I still haven't found the look I want OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329742926.929938.jpgOS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329743156.494061.jpg

Green Apple
    Thanks

OS7 BACKUP
    Hey Guys.......right now I'm saving my var/mobile/Dreamboard and OS7 folders as zip files for backup securely in dropbox.
    I'm assuming if my phone ever blows up and I have to start from scratch I can just copy/paste these unzipped folders and I'll retain all my changes correct?
    Also, if there's an easier or more efficient way to backup all the recent changes constantly made please let me know
    Thx again!!

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by langscinema View Post
    OS7 BACKUP
    Hey Guys.......right now I'm saving my var/mobile/Dreamboard and OS7 folders as zip files for backup securely in dropbox.
    I'm assuming if my phone ever blows up and I have to start from scratch I can just copy/paste these unzipped folders and I'll retain all my changes correct?
    Also, if there's an easier or more efficient way to backup all the recent changes constantly made please let me know
    Thx again!!
    That should work great, only thing is sometimes the copy process will change ownerships and permissions, so when you copy back your backup back to your device you will probably have to change the ownerships to Mobile and the permissions to Read, Write, Execute and apply hierarchically for the OS7 Folder. Also you should check to make sure your tiles.plist and your Images/settings.plist have been change back. If you dont check those after your copy your backup back to your device, then you might not be able to save your tile order, backgrounds, wallpapers etc.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 02-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thx BCS
    If the .plist files are included in the zip would they not save along with the other files?

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    That should work great, only thing is sometimes the copy process will change ownerships and permissions, so when you copy back your backup back to your device you will probably have to change the ownerships to Mobile and the permissions to Read, Write, Execute and apply hierarchically for the OS7 Folder. Also you should check to make sure your tiles.plist and your Images/settings.plist have been change back. If you dont check those after your copy your backup back to your device, then you might not be able to save your tile order, backgrounds, wallpapers etc.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dany Miguel View Post
    I have the same problem.. And the other problem is... The alarms.. I can't stop
    for the alarm, just slide up and press one of the volume keys :]

Thx BCS
    If the .plist files are included in the zip would they not save along with the other files?
    they would. he's just saying the permissions might change, which is something u'll need to check later. to be truthful though, I think saving just the images is enough. the plists are fairly easy to straighten up again after a fresh reinstall :]
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 02-20-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks

Thx BCS
    Everything should save fine.

Its when you restore your device and copy your OS7 backups back to your device is when you should do the permission and ownership check on your files

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I checked on previous posts via the search tool for the thread but I'm unable to find a solution... every time after a respring my tiles go back to the default blue and my wallpaper is reset; i've changed ownership to mobile but it still does it.

my OS7 file (User directory) is Owner is set to mobile as well, as my two individual tile folders, same as the OS7 file under Dreamboard directory.

I've also set everything to Read, Write & Execute and done "Apply Hierarchically"

any advice? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jooosieeee; 02-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    I checked on previous posts via the search tool for the thread but I'm unable to find a solution... every time after a respring my tiles go back to the default blue and my wallpaper is reset; i've changed ownership to mobile but it still does it.

my OS7 file (User directory) is Owner is set to mobile as well, as my two individual tile folders, same as the OS7 file under Dreamboard directory.

I've also set everything to Read, Write & Execute and done "Apply Hierarchically"

nvm, what bcs said... vvv xD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post

Its still a permission issue with your tiles.plist and your Images/Settings.plist. Just double check those two files individually. It should be Read, Write, Execute. Sometimes ifile will not apply the permissions to these files when apply hierarchically is done to just the OS7 Folder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    nvm, what bcs said... vvv xD
    I did what you and BCS said... "Execute" wasn't selected in my Settings.plist and now it works
    thanks you two!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jooosieeee For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (02-20-2012)

Thanks

OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752718.854486.jpg
    OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752736.071073.jpg
    OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752753.792344.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mkokolis View Post

I think I'm getting the hang of it
    Sure looks like it Looks like also you caught OS7 Mod Addiction Fever as well

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (02-20-2012)

Thanks

OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329757454.573822.jpg
    OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329757467.351524.jpg
    I'll stop when I'm ready

Thanks

Attachment 567290
    Attachment 567291
    I'll stop when I'm ready
    Keep 'em coming They all look Cool

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (02-20-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Attachment 567290
    Attachment 567291
    I'll stop when I'm ready
    Excellent, mind sharing how is this acheived?

Thanks

could anyone share a "default" Settings tile? I mean one that looks most like the original WP7 one
    think End showed one in one of his last vids... i've seen it at someone elses HS sometime also, but i dont remember who it was...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jediuk View Post
    Excellent, mind sharing how is this acheived?
    the best way and easiest way is first you find a nice wallpaper for example the batman one I did first I make sure the image is 640x960 then I cut out the image of batman and delete the rest this image is saved as overlay.png and I place it into the images folder of Bcscustoms file and then I set the entire image with background into the wallpapers folder of the os7 theme and that's it. to cut the image out I used photoshop and you do have to have a little patience to get a nice precise cut out

Green Apple
    Thanks

the best way and easiest way is first you find a nice wallpaper for example the batman one I did first I make sure the image is 640x960 then I cut out the image of batman and delete the rest this image is saved as overlay.png and I place it into the images folder of Bcscustoms file and then I set the entire image with background into the wallpapers folder of the os7 theme and that's it. to cut the image out I used photoshop and you do have to have a little patience to get a nice precise cut out
    Excellent but 'll just wait till you release your final version 1.2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jediuk View Post
    Excellent but 'll just wait till you release your final version 1.2.
    Final version? I'm just messing around with different things the actually files to make this happen belong to Bcscustoms