Page 317 of 417 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307315316317318319 327 367 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 8329

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

OS7 BACKUP
    Hey Guys.......right now I'm saving my var/mobile/Dreamboard and OS7 folders as zip files for backup securely in dropbox.
    I'm assuming if my phone ever blows up and I have to start from scratch I can just copy/paste these unzipped folders and I'll retain all my changes correct?
    Also, if there's an easier or more efficient way to backup all the recent changes constantly made please let me know
    Thx again!!

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by langscinema View Post
    OS7 BACKUP
    Hey Guys.......right now I'm saving my var/mobile/Dreamboard and OS7 folders as zip files for backup securely in dropbox.
    I'm assuming if my phone ever blows up and I have to start from scratch I can just copy/paste these unzipped folders and I'll retain all my changes correct?
    Also, if there's an easier or more efficient way to backup all the recent changes constantly made please let me know
    Thx again!!
    That should work great, only thing is sometimes the copy process will change ownerships and permissions, so when you copy back your backup back to your device you will probably have to change the ownerships to Mobile and the permissions to Read, Write, Execute and apply hierarchically for the OS7 Folder. Also you should check to make sure your tiles.plist and your Images/settings.plist have been change back. If you dont check those after your copy your backup back to your device, then you might not be able to save your tile order, backgrounds, wallpapers etc.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 02-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thx BCS
    If the .plist files are included in the zip would they not save along with the other files?

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    That should work great, only thing is sometimes the copy process will change ownerships and permissions, so when you copy back your backup back to your device you will probably have to change the ownerships to Mobile and the permissions to Read, Write, Execute and apply hierarchically for the OS7 Folder. Also you should check to make sure your tiles.plist and your Images/settings.plist have been change back. If you dont check those after your copy your backup back to your device, then you might not be able to save your tile order, backgrounds, wallpapers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dany Miguel View Post
    I have the same problem.. And the other problem is... The alarms.. I can't stop
    for the alarm, just slide up and press one of the volume keys :]

Thx BCS
    If the .plist files are included in the zip would they not save along with the other files?
    they would. he's just saying the permissions might change, which is something u'll need to check later. to be truthful though, I think saving just the images is enough. the plists are fairly easy to straighten up again after a fresh reinstall :]
    Last edited by sinsinkun; 02-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks

Thx BCS
    Everything should save fine.

Its when you restore your device and copy your OS7 backups back to your device is when you should do the permission and ownership check on your files

I checked on previous posts via the search tool for the thread but I'm unable to find a solution... every time after a respring my tiles go back to the default blue and my wallpaper is reset; i've changed ownership to mobile but it still does it.

my OS7 file (User directory) is Owner is set to mobile as well, as my two individual tile folders, same as the OS7 file under Dreamboard directory.

I've also set everything to Read, Write & Execute and done "Apply Hierarchically"

any advice? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jooosieeee; 02-20-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post
    I checked on previous posts via the search tool for the thread but I'm unable to find a solution... every time after a respring my tiles go back to the default blue and my wallpaper is reset; i've changed ownership to mobile but it still does it.

my OS7 file (User directory) is Owner is set to mobile as well, as my two individual tile folders, same as the OS7 file under Dreamboard directory.

I've also set everything to Read, Write & Execute and done "Apply Hierarchically"

nvm, what bcs said... vvv xD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jooosieeee View Post

Its still a permission issue with your tiles.plist and your Images/Settings.plist. Just double check those two files individually. It should be Read, Write, Execute. Sometimes ifile will not apply the permissions to these files when apply hierarchically is done to just the OS7 Folder.

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    nvm, what bcs said... vvv xD
    I did what you and BCS said... "Execute" wasn't selected in my Settings.plist and now it works
    thanks you two!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jooosieeee For This Useful Post:

bcscustom (02-20-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752718.854486.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752736.071073.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1329752753.792344.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mkokolis View Post

I think I'm getting the hang of it
    Sure looks like it Looks like also you caught OS7 Mod Addiction Fever as well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (02-20-2012)

Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329757454.573822.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1329757467.351524.jpg
    I'll stop when I'm ready

Thanks

I'll stop when I'm ready
    Keep 'em coming They all look Cool

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bcscustom For This Useful Post:

Mkokolis (02-20-2012)

I'll stop when I'm ready
    Excellent, mind sharing how is this acheived?

Thanks

could anyone share a "default" Settings tile? I mean one that looks most like the original WP7 one
    think End showed one in one of his last vids... i've seen it at someone elses HS sometime also, but i dont remember who it was...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jediuk View Post
    Excellent, mind sharing how is this acheived?
    the best way and easiest way is first you find a nice wallpaper for example the batman one I did first I make sure the image is 640x960 then I cut out the image of batman and delete the rest this image is saved as overlay.png and I place it into the images folder of Bcscustoms file and then I set the entire image with background into the wallpapers folder of the os7 theme and that's it. to cut the image out I used photoshop and you do have to have a little patience to get a nice precise cut out

the best way and easiest way is first you find a nice wallpaper for example the batman one I did first I make sure the image is 640x960 then I cut out the image of batman and delete the rest this image is saved as overlay.png and I place it into the images folder of Bcscustoms file and then I set the entire image with background into the wallpapers folder of the os7 theme and that's it. to cut the image out I used photoshop and you do have to have a little patience to get a nice precise cut out
    Excellent but 'll just wait till you release your final version 1.2.

Thanks

Final version? I'm just messing around with different things the actually files to make this happen belong to Bcscustoms

where was the first version? lol u can make these urself u know :] u just need a picture. bcs has already released his dylib, so you can play around with it and get whatever effect you might like.

also, mkokolis, have u tried any animated gifs yet? I'm wondering if it's only lagging on mine or if it's universal :P gifs support transparency btw, but only 0% and 100% so... something to keep in mind... xD you could try swfs though, see of that works :P I should test that... lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    where was the first version? lol u can make these urself u know :] u just need a picture. bcs has already released his dylib, so you can play around with it and get whatever effect you might like.

also, mkokolis, have u tried any animated gifs yet? I'm wondering if it's only lagging on mine or if it's universal :P gifs support transparency btw, but only 0% and 100% so... something to keep in mind... xD you could try swfs though, see of that works :P I should test that... lol
    Just tested out the gif animation with a tile I had there doesn't seem to be any lag for me. I'm on a 4s.

@bcscustom I noticed when I switch from the default theme back to os7 the overlay doesn't appear over top until I respring. Not a much of a problem for me just thought I'd let you know

Page 317 of 417 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307315316317318319 327 367 ... LastLast