+ Reply
Page 317 of 418 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307315316317318319 327 367 417 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I'm new to dreamboard so apologies if my question is ignorant. Is it possible to install more than one instance of OS7:revive? I'd like to use dreamboard to create different
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cloning or Creating a Child Theme
    I'm new to dreamboard so apologies if my question is ignorant.

Is it possible to install more than one instance of OS7:revive? I'd like to use dreamboard to create different "desktops" optimized for different purposes (one for calling, another for games, one for camera and photo apps, etc) but I really like the OS7 theme and would like to use it for each one. Unfortunately, unlike other themes where I can just duplicate and rename it this doesn't appear as straight forward.

How can I duplicate it? Or is it possible to create child themes?
    Last edited by rland; 02-19-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rland View Post
    I'm new to dreamboard so my apologies is my question is ignorant.

Is it possible to install more than one instance of OS7:revive? I'd like to use dreamboard to create different "desktops" optimized for different purposes (one for calling, another for games, etc) but I really like the OS7 theme and would like to use it for each one. Unfortunately, unlike other themes where I can just duplicate and rename it this doesn't appear as straight forward.

How can I duplicate it? Or is it possible to create child themes?
    The OS7.dylib looks for the /User/Library/OS7/ folder specifically. So just make multiple OS7 folders with different names, like OS7a, OS7b, etc. Switch between them by renaming the one you want to use to OS7.

You will not be able to switch them with the dream board theme switcher
    Last edited by bcscustom; 02-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

TY!!!!......it worked like a charm and I'll make a mental note

Quote Originally Posted by bcscustom View Post
    Go to your OS7/Images folder and edit the settings.plist to not show your 3 lock icon by removing the bundle ID from each entry. That should do it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by langscinema View Post
    TY!!!!......it worked like a charm and I'll make a mental note
    Glad to help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i donwload firts dreamboard from cydia.
    second.. donwload OS7: REVIVE and resprin...
    but i have carpet tiles.... i copyng all copy carpet tile...
    do respring... y after that... i go to dreamboard, select the theme OS7... I THEME IS PERFECT... WHEN i need change... go to dreambord and select the theme default.. my iphone make respring and when slide unlock,, my iphone get safe mode....
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH..... I HAVE IPHONE 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dany Miguel View Post
    i donwload firts dreamboard from cydia.
    second.. donwload OS7: REVIVE and resprin...
    but i have carpet tiles.... i copyng all copy carpet tile...
    do respring... y after that... i go to dreamboard, select the theme OS7... I THEME IS PERFECT... WHEN i need change... go to dreambord and select the theme default.. my iphone make respring and when slide unlock,, my iphone get safe mode....
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH..... I HAVE IPHONE 4s

Try powering off your phone and reboot . That should straighten things out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The OS7.dylib looks for the /User/Library/OS7/ folder specifically. So just make multiple OS7 folders with different names, like OS7a, OS7b, etc. Switch between them by renaming the one you want to use to OS7.

You will not be able to switch them with the dream board theme switcher
    LOL, well that wouldn't achieve my intentions :-) You confirmed my fears, it all came down to the dylib. This was the only file I didn't know what to do with and a quick glance at google leads me to believe that editing this file may not be possible. (Please, if I'm wrong tell me).

Well, i like OS7s aesthetic but really what I'm interested in is the pin functionality. I'd like to be able to rearrange the icons from within the iphone itself, and not have to edit the plist files manually to move them around. I can edit the cosmetic appearance myself.

Do you know of any other themes that offer this functionality or of a tutorial?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the problme is... When a copy the carpet tiles... I have winterboard too..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rland View Post
    LOL, well that wouldn't achieve my intentions :-) You confirmed my fears, it all came down to the dylib. This was the only file I didn't know what to do with and a quick glance at google leads me to believe that editing this file may not be possible. (Please, if I'm wrong tell me).

Well, i like OS7s aesthetic but really what I'm interested in is the pin functionality. I'd like to be able to rearrange the icons from within the iphone itself, and not have to edit the plist files manually to move them around. I can edit the cosmetic appearance myself.

Do you know of any other themes that offer this functionality or of a tutorial?
    There use to be a tweak called Backboard that takes snapshots and saves your devices configurations and allows you switch between them like a theme switcher. So you can set it up one way, save the config with backboard, then do another config and save it as a different name. It will save a screenshot of what it saved to give you a visual to go along with that save. That should work if it's still available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interesting, thanks for the lead I'll look into it. If I can install it on my 5.0.1 it may be all I need...

Thanks again!

Thanks

I think the problme is... When a copy the carpet tiles... I have winterboard too..
    Did you try the reboot? When you install the OS7.dylib for he first time you must do a reboot and not a respring before you activate the theme, otherwise you will get safe mode issues. The reboot is required because of how our jailbreak stashes files to write out of the IOS sandbox. Please try the reboot, it solves these safe mode issues most of the time. If that don't work let me know and we can try something else.
    Last edited by bcscustom; 02-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks you for help me...
    i reset all setting... and donwload again dreamboard and OS7 AGAIN..... and try do reboot
    thanks u all

Thanks

thanks you for help me...
    i reset all setting... and donwload again dreamboard and OS7 AGAIN..... and try do reboot
    thanks u all
    You shouldn't have to reinstall, just reboot

Power your device off then on, that will reload the jailbreak, write the stashed files out of the IOS sandbox to root and fix your problem
    Last edited by bcscustom; 02-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I restore my phone, so do I have to install OS7 and replace the dylib file with the one on the first page? Or do I install OS7 and add my images? Cause I installed OS7:revive from Cydia, and replace it with the dylib on the first page. I reboot and when I click on OS7 in dreamboardm it zooms in and loads but like a sec later it crashes and goes to regular springboard, sorry for my errors

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    I have no idea where it is pulling my location from??? Hmmmm.
    Try this, in function.js, change var isLoaded to true and respring, it stays on Milton, but something isn't right as it shows a moon, when I think the sun is still out, isn't it?

Sorry guys, can't figure it out. Like I said earlier I modified it from iNav theme, I don't know why it keeps reverting back to my location? I'll remove download link.
    I am going to try to figure out why this is happening. It has something to do with saving your location in one of the files so I am going through them. Can you do the same? This was my most favorite mod so far and want it to work!!!
    Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel212 View Post
    Hey I restore my phone, so do I have to install OS7 and replace the dylib file with the one on the first page? Or do I install OS7 and add my images? Cause I installed OS7:revive from Cydia, and replace it with the dylib on the first page. I reboot and when I click on OS7 in dreamboardm it zooms in and loads but like a sec later it crashes and goes to regular springboard, sorry for my errors
    you don't need to replace the dylib, the one that comes packaged with the cydia version works just fine. It's possible the one posted in the OP is corrupted. Try uninstalling OS7:revive, then check that the OS7.dylib is no longer there. Once you've made sure, reinstall OS7:revive and it should be working

Thanks

You shouldn't have to reinstall, just reboot

Power your device off then on, that will reload the jailbreak, write the stashed files out of the IOS sandbox to root and fix your problem
    It actually pretty strange. I have the same problem. Whenever I switch from os7 to any other dreamboard theme including default my phone will always crash to safe mode once and then be fine. I didn't mention it earlier because I hardly ever switch from os7. I have rebooted many times since installing os7. Again I don't really care much that this happens just though I'd mention it now the at least one other person was a having a similar problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    It actually pretty strange. I have the same problem. Whenever I switch from os7 to any other dreamboard theme including default my phone will always crash to safe mode once and then be fine. I didn't mention it earlier because I hardly ever switch from os7. I have rebooted many times since installing os7. Again I don't really care much that this happens just though I'd mention it now the at least one other person was a having a similar problem.
    I have the same problem.. And the other problem is... The alarms.. I can't stop

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    It seems like you both have 4S's. Maybe it has something to do with that.
    I did a full restore yesterday and installed the cydia v2.1.2 and am having no issues with my iPod.

I wish I could duplicate your error, this way I could help to resolve it, but unfortunately I don't have a 4S to test with ;(

Thanks

It seems like you both have 4S's. Maybe it has something to do with that.
    I did a full restore yesterday and installed the cydia v2.1.2 and am having no issues with my iPod.

I wish I could duplicate your error, this way I could help to resolve it, but unfortunately I don't have a 4S to test with ;(
    Like I said before its not even a big deal for me. The crash only happens once and after a respring the device functions normally. The time I ever switch to the default theme is to delete apps. So again this is never really an issue for me.