Page 11 of 417 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CCoops11 View Post
    Alrighty there computer experts, do I have a question for you! Is there a way to make live tiles "live" only when the display is focused on them?
    Yes, there would be one: I could add another (invisible) rectangle the size of the screen to the tile scrollview and set it's origin to the content offset of the scrollview so it always stays in place. Then I could check if the tile intersects the rectangle/screen. If it doesn't I could remove the web view that holds the tile's animation and if it does I could add it again. But you have to keep something in mind: If you have 1 to 3 live tiles, like me, you will hardly notice any difference. If you have 5 to 7 or something the constant adding and removing of the tiles would put a strain on the performance and you have to remember that live tiles take a while to load, so every time they appear on screen you would have to wait 1 or 2 secs before they actually display something.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@Endfinfinity, so not to rush you or anything, but when roughly can we expect another update?

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Yes, there would be one: I could add another (invisible) rectangle the size of the screen to the tile scrollview and set it's origin to the content offset of the scrollview so it always stays in place. Then I could check if the tile intersects the rectangle/screen. If it doesn't I could remove the web view that holds the tile's animation and if it does I could add it again. But you have to keep something in mind: If you have 1 to 3 live tiles, like me, you will hardly notice any difference. If you have 5 to 7 or something the constant adding and removing of the tiles would put a strain on the performance and you have to remember that live tiles take a while to load, so every time they appear on screen you would have to wait 1 or 2 secs before they actually display something.
    O.o *twitch* *twitch* errr yes I have 1 to 3 live tiles so I'm not gonna bother deciphering the rest

Thanks

O.o *twitch* *twitch* errr yes I have 1 to 3 live tiles so I'm not gonna bother deciphering the rest
    Haha, sorry that I confused you

Quote Originally Posted by carlito95 View Post
    @Endfinfinity, so not to rush you or anything, but when roughly can we expect another update?
    I hate to disappoint, but there won't be any in the next 2 weeks or so, at least no major ones. I have to deal with some school stuff right now and sadly that leaves me with very little time to code

It's fine and constructive. I need to learn this stuff, I want to major in computer engineering/design.

Thanks

It's fine and constructive. I need to learn this stuff, I want to major in computer engineering/design.
    Well, I wish you best luck. It's really only half as complicated as it sounds

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the tiles become live only when they get a notification. eg. You get a message, the 1 would pop up on the tile and it would start wiggling the rest of the time it would stay still

Quote Originally Posted by J7AYU View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible to make the tiles become live only when they get a notification. eg. You get a message, the 1 would pop up on the tile and it would start wiggling the rest of the time it would stay still
    Have it ping for notifications and set a tile animation for the app when it receives an update and have a still tile for when you dont have a notification?

Have it ping for notifications and set a tile animation for the app when it receives an update and have a still tile for when you dont have a notification?
    How exactly would I do this would I have to edit the HTML file? And if so what code would I change? I'm new to all this plist editing stuff

Quote Originally Posted by J7AYU View Post
    How exactly would I do this would I have to edit the HTML file? And if so what code would I change? I'm new to all this plist editing stuff
    I was just pretending to be smart, but im assuming that you would edit the Tiles HTML File. Have a set active when line or something of the sorts

Thanks

I was just pretending to be smart, but im assuming that you would edit the Tiles HTML File. Have a set active when line or something of the sorts
    I doubt that this would be possible because the only way to do this is if we had access to the badge number which we don't. It is still possible, though: remember, we have a TileWithBadge.png that is shown when there is a number to display. The easiest way to achieve this would be to make the theme look for a TileWithBadge.html if there is no TileWithBadge.png.

Make it a TileWithBadge.gif ?

I'll try this myself later
    Last edited by CCoops11; 08-26-2011 at 07:15 PM.

I doubt that this would be possible because the only way to do this is if we had access to the badge number which we don't. It is still possible, though: remember, we have a TileWithBadge.png that is shown when there is a number to display. The easiest way to achieve this would be to make the theme look for a TileWithBadge.html if there is no TileWithBadge.png.
    I'm sure that there's a way around it.
    I actually got an idea

Thanks

Make it a TileWithBadge.gif ?

I'll try this myself later
    Don't bother, wouldn't work. Right now, that is, I'd still have to implement it

I'm using a gif as a live tile for Muzik. But then again no notifications...

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    I'm sure that there's a way around it.
    I actually got an idea
    Well I would be very grateful if someone could get this working. You could use it on Mail and Phone as well with no major decrease in RAM hopefully. I already have 7 live tiles and RAM hovers around 150 with quite a few tweaks.

Thanks

I sat down and made this so I wouldn't feel too bad about not being able to write a proper update in the next 2 weeks:

What's new in version 1.1.0:

- You are now able to convert your tile to a live tile for the time a badge number is shown, for example, the SMS icon only wiggles when you've got a new message. Simply call the .html file that holds your animation "TileWithBadge.html". Here's an awesome tile made by falcon212 (I hope you don't mind that I advertise your stuff ) I made compatible, place it in your tiles directory and you can test it: Wiggling SMS.zip

NOTE: For this to work your tile's info.plist has to have the same lines that the TileWithBadge.png needs to work (<key>badgeX</key, <key>badgeY</key>, <key>badgeFontSize</key>, <key>badgeHeight</key>)

Download the .dylib here (Version 1.1.0):
    OS7.dylib V1.1.0.zip

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

ByteArt (09-19-2011), Jdot1224 (08-27-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Cool I like that will mess with it later

I sat down and made this so I wouldn't feel too bad about not being able to write a proper update in the next 2 weeks:

What's new in version 1.1.0:

- You are now able to convert your tile to a live tile for the time a badge number is shown, for example, the SMS icon only wiggles when you've got a new message. Simply call the .html file that holds your animation "TileWithBadge.html". Here's an awesome tile made by falcon212 (I hope you don't mind that I advertise your stuff ) I made compatible, place it in your tiles directory and you can test it: Wiggling SMS.zip

NOTE: For this to work your tile's info.plist has to have the same lines that the TileWithBadge.png needs to work (<key>badgeX</key, <key>badgeY</key>, <key>badgeFontSize</key>, <key>badgeHeight</key>)

Download the .dylib here (Version 1.1.0):
    OS7.dylib V1.1.0.zip
    Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for, time to have a play with it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Lemme know how hard it is wanna git this on mine to

Page 11 of 417 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast