+ Reply
Page 103 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93101102103104105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 8353

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS7:Revive

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by jonkjon OK guys, i need some help....i am having some major dreamboard issues on 4.2.6 and am looking at going on to 5.0.1 tethered. I have been
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonkjon View Post
    OK guys, i need some help....i am having some major dreamboard issues on 4.2.6 and am looking at going on to 5.0.1 tethered. I have been looking online and i am finding it very confusing on how to upgrade from an already jb'ed device. Any help or links here would be greatly appreciated...
    (I have connected to itunes after running pkgbkup and synced and done a backup. I also have run aptbackup.)
    Open iTunes and hit restore. Should you run into an error while restoring you'll have to right-click on Finder in the dock --> Go to Folder... --> Type "/etc/hosts" --> Copy the hosts file to your desktop, open it with textedit and delete all the lines that contain "gs.apple.com". Save it and copy it into the "etc" folder, replacing the old hosts file (should a message come up saying that your hosts file is used, delete it and then place the one you edited in the folder) and try again. Oh, and if you have Tinyumbrella you'll have to switch off some options in the "advanced" tab

iPhone? More like MyPhone LtNachos's Avatar
    Thanks

OK guys, i need some help....i am having some major dreamboard issues on 4.2.6 and am looking at going on to 5.0.1 tethered. I have been looking online and i am finding it very confusing on how to upgrade from an already jb'ed device. Any help or links here would be greatly appreciated...
    (I have connected to itunes after running pkgbkup and synced and done a backup. I also have run aptbackup.)
    i usually just set mine to dfu mode iTunes picks it up as a device in recovery and will update no problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me jonkjon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Open iTunes and hit restore. Should you run into an error while restoring you'll have to right-click on Finder in the dock --> Go to Folder... --> Type "/etc/hosts" --> Copy the hosts file to your desktop, open it with textedit and delete all the lines that contain "gs.apple.com". Save it and copy it into the "etc" folder, replacing the old hosts file (should a message come up saying that your hosts file is used, delete it and then place the one you edited in the folder) and try again. Oh, and if you have Tinyumbrella you'll have to switch off some options in the "advanced" tab
    So are you saying restore, then update to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak?

p.s. I am on Windows

i usually just set mine to dfu mode iTunes picks it up as a device in recovery and will update no problem
    Using this method, do i just set to dfu and then update to 5.0.1 or do I restore first?
    "I own this block now!"-unknown Buuf gangster

Thanks

So are you saying restore, then update to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak?

p.s. I am on Windows

Using this method, do i just set to dfu and then update to 5.0.1 or do I restore first?
    If you restore it'll automatically put you on the latest firmware

Thanks

If you restore it'll automatically put you on the latest firmware
    Gotcha....do you think this is worth doing? Is 5.0.1 that much better after jailbreak? Kinda nervous about it.....

Thanks

Gotcha....do you think this is worth doing? Is 5.0.1 that much better after jailbreak? Kinda nervous about it.....
    Personally I'd say yes, especially with the SemiTether. But still, you'll have to keep in mind that you won't be able to downgrade anymore once you install 5.0.1.

Thanks

Personally I'd say yes, especially with the SemiTether. But still, you'll have to keep in mind that you won't be able to downgrade anymore once you install 5.0.1.
    hmmm....i thought I could go back to 4.2.6 if I had my shsh blobs...

Thanks

No, with iOS 5 Apple changed the way they handled firmware signing (or something like that), so that won't work
    actually you can go back down to pre iOS 5 from 5.0.1 can't go down to 5.0 though just into the 4s 4.2 etc i upgraded a 3gs to 5.0.1 and didn't realize ultrasn0w was incompatible and downgraded to 4.3.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LtNachos View Post
    actually you can go back down to pre iOS 5 from 5.0.1 can't go down to 5.0 though just into the 4s 4.2 etc i upgraded a 3gs to 5.0.1 and didn't realize ultrasn0w was incompatible and downgraded to 4.3.3
    Really? Well that's good to know. Never tried downgrading from iOS 5, I was just repeating what I heard

Thanks

Really? Well that's good to know. Never tried downgrading from iOS 5, I was just repeating what I heard
    yea when news first broke it was a big panic going around but you can downgrade to pre 5.0 with shsh blobs for now

Thanks

Will it do me any good to copy over my os7 folder and stash folder to my pc to have as backup?

Thanks

Will it do me any good to copy over my os7 folder and stash folder to my pc to have as backup?
    all i backed up was my tiles folder if you have a lot of them you should copy that over other then that i just installed this clean and transferred those back if you have the ui for winterboard it will not work under iOS 5 but a few pages back someone posted the one they updated (forgot the name)

Thanks

all i backed up was my tiles folder if you have a lot of them you should copy that over other then that i just installed this clean and transferred those back if you have the ui for winterboard it will not work under iOS 5 but a few pages back someone posted the one they updated (forgot the name)
    ok....thanks alot guys.... i dont wanna hijack the thread anymore....may be a few days before i'm back.......thanks again for all the help!

Thanks

no prob if you need any help feel free to pm me

Thanks

oops....one last, very important thing, what about my contacts emails etc., will they be there after the restore? If not, how do I back them up/ recover them......

Thanks

oops....one last, very important thing, what about my contacts emails etc., will they be there after the restore? If not, how do I back them up/ recover them......
    if you plug it into iTunes before going into dfu right click the phone and choose create backup after that switch it to dfu update it jailbreak it then on iOS 5 setup choose restore from backup and choose the back up in iTunes

Thanks

if you plug it into iTunes before going into dfu right click the phone and choose create backup after that switch it to dfu update it jailbreak it then on iOS 5 setup choose restore from backup and choose the back up in iTunes
    Sorry to be so dense but to be sure....( I have already done the backup from inside of itunes)

Switch to dfu, restore (this puts me to ios 5.0.1), jailbreak, .....then???

I'm not sure where does the option to restore from backup appear? Is that in the jailbreak app itself?
    Last edited by jonkjon; 11-29-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life bcscustom's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry to be so dense but to be sure....( I have already done the backup from inside of itunes)

Switch to dfu, restore (this puts me to ios 5.0.1), jailbreak, .....then???

I'm not sure where does the option to restore from backup appear? Is that in the jailbreak app itself?
    That option appears within iTunes directly after it restores your device to the new IOS and reboots the first time. You will be prompted within iTunes to set up as new or restore from backup. If you select restore from backup you will be given a list of previous backups stored within iTunes. The first one on the list is your last backup ( the one you did before you restored), when you select that, your apps, music, contacts, etc... will then be copied to your device. After that, perform your jailbreak and then install pkgbackup to restore your cydia apps. (I think that's what you said you were using for your Cydia apps backup) Hope that helps
    Last edited by bcscustom; 11-29-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks

Modified Xbox and dreamboard tile to have transparent background
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OS7:Revive-img_0339.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zombian; 11-29-2011 at 09:58 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombian For This Useful Post:

shin jae hun (12-13-2011)